Town's Crier
Moderated by Major Helper

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: United Nations Mafia - Endgame
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 33  Next Page »
posted 11-15-14 09:42 AM CT (US)   

United Nations Mafia is a 12 player game.
The game might contain roles you have never seen before, as well as some you may not have seen for a long time.
All role emails have the same structure:
1. A paragraph of prose outlining the backstory.
2. A few lines describing all game mechanics applicable to that player.
3. "You win with the United Nations" for all town players.

Rules:

My decisions in this game are final.
You are expected to understand and follow the rules.
Email any questions to popeychops@heavengames.com
Bold any part of your post that you want me to respond to, or I will ignore it.
Dates and times will be given in United Kingdom standard format [(dd/mm/yy), GMT+0]. EST = GMT - 5, PST = GMT - 7.
India = GMT + 5:30

Any random element of the game, such as assignment of roles, will be decided using assistance from Random.org

During Day phases, you may speak freely and vote for a person to be lynched, e.g:
Vote: Somebody.
If you wish to vote for another person that day, please:
Unvote: Somebody and Vote: Someone Else.
Giving names when you unvote will help me keep postcounts accurate.

You may not vote for yourself.

The Day phases will continue until a majority of votes have been placed on a single player, or to forfeit. If the day lasts longer than 168 hours (one week) I may end the day without a lynch if activity has slumped.

Night Phases follow Day Phases and will last between 48 and 72 hours, or until I receive every action.

During Night phases, you may not speak freely in the thread. Any posts I consider to impact the game may be punished as I see fit. Congratulatory messages are fine. Strategy discussion is not.

You may not communicate outside the thread, unless your role email permits you to do so.

Inactive players will be prodded and then replaced.

You may quote from your role email as much as you like, but all role emails will be written in the same format and will be of similar length. Anyone can lie.

Editing posts may result in a modkill. You have been warned.

When you are dead, you may not post in the thread beyond "good luck" messages. Failure to comply will result in punishments for your faction.
You may or may not be able to use your night action on yourself.

Follow the CoC at all times.

Have fun!

Delegates Present:
1: Lord Sipia (Japan) - Inventor
6: Excelsior (India) - Noble, 2nd Deputy Vigilante
11:Erskine Ravel (Netherlands) - Name Cop, Deputy Vigilante

Delegates Ejected:
2: ColdCanuck (United States of America) - Cult Recruiter
3: CarolKarine (Russia) - Serial Politician
4: croatianboss France) - Cult Converted Cop
5: Devestator (United Kingdom) - Cult Roleblocker
7: Mithril Knight (China) - Serial Mimic
8: Sarn (Brazil) - Vigilante
9: Chud (Ukraine) - Jealous Puppet Redirector
10:Blatant (Australia) - Cult Converted Jack of Trades
12:Ashrzr (Korea) - Doctor

Replacements:

Member of BlackForest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile

[This message has been edited by Popeychops (edited 12-22-2014 @ 10:08 AM).]

Replies:
posted 11-15-14 09:46 AM CT (US)     1 / 822  
As the year 2014 drew to a close, the international community reflected on the recent events that had rocked the United Nations from pillar to post. In the eyes of some, the UN had faded into irrelevance, and to others it was in dire need of reform. But what little sway it held left would be played out between the delegates as they struggled to exert their diplomatic muscle.

It is now Night.
Send in your actions to popeychops@heavengames.com

Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
posted 11-18-14 05:47 AM CT (US)     2 / 822  
After a long wait, the time for deliberation had ended. The pieces were set out on the chessboard, and the players were all ready. Diplomats scrambled between nations, forging hasty alliances, establishing relations, and making threats.

It is now 2015 (Day).

[This message has been edited by Popeychops (edited 11-18-2014 @ 09:30 AM).]

posted 11-18-14 07:47 AM CT (US)     3 / 822  
Vote: Dead_End

Dexter Fei
Best Noob 2014 AOKH
"Doors are for people with no imagination."-Skulduggery Pleasant
_____v____v_V___________v______V___v________(\ /) _ (\ /) ____V___v_________v__V__________v___________
(O o) (o 0)
(> < ) (> < )
posted 11-18-14 07:56 AM CT (US)     4 / 822  
Why exactly are we voting Dead_End? Is this just random pressure or a legitimate reason?

I'm wondering if we aren't dealing with a cult, if there isn't any kills last night. That would make sense in a diplomacy situation, and with no kills, although obviously with Popey we'll probably have day kills.

"It looks like a huge shark just took a bite out of Excelsior's ass"-Colonel Kyle Riggs, Star Force: Storm Assault
posted 11-18-14 09:27 AM CT (US)     5 / 822  
if the new player is voting D_E off the bat in his first game, I would assume it's for either a very legitimate reason or extremely dumb scum play.

Erskine, clarify your reasoning.

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker
posted 11-18-14 09:29 AM CT (US)     6 / 822  
Vote Count:

Resolution Condemning Dead_End: 1 (Erskine Ravel)

7 Votes are required to lynch.

posted 11-18-14 09:30 AM CT (US)     7 / 822  
I'd like to know the reasoning behind this apparently random vote.
posted 11-18-14 09:45 AM CT (US)     8 / 822  
Yes, Erskine, clrify your vote on D_E. It seems to come out of nowhere since you didn't give any reason for that at all.

►►►►Mithril Knight◄◄◄◄
My Works
¡Viva México!
My Coat of Arms
posted 11-18-14 09:47 AM CT (US)     9 / 822  
Why do we exactly need to know his reasoning? If he's a cop, he doesn't need to tell, and if it's just random pressure, then most games start with someone making a random pressure vote.

I think D_E could claim regardless on the basis of random pressure to start the day.

We also need to do the miller/survivor claim list. I'm neither.

"It looks like a huge shark just took a bite out of Excelsior's ass"-Colonel Kyle Riggs, Star Force: Storm Assault
posted 11-18-14 09:58 AM CT (US)     10 / 822  
Checking in.

We do need reasoning. This could indeed be a dumb scum move to create early tension.

I'm not a miller, nor a survivor.

posted 11-18-14 10:01 AM CT (US)     11 / 822  
Erskine, voting immediately after the day starts is very bad play, regardless of your role. Especially when you don't even explain why you're voting. I'm not going to judge you based on that, since this is your first time playing, but please either unvote or explain why you're voting.

Popey, I assume we will be notified of failed kill attempts in this game, correct?

If this is true, then there's four possibilities;

1. The mafia cannot kill, or they cannot kill yet.

2. The mafia employs poison or something to that effect to kill players, in which case we'll know tomorrow.

3. The mafia decided, for whatever reason, not to kill anybody. Perhaps there's special rules on killing in this game, or they're restricted in who or when they can kill. Just throwing the possibility out there.

4. There is no mafia.

My money is on either situation one or two. They probably rely heavily on misinformation in that case.

In case four, there's probably something like a cult, as Excelsior suggested.

Oh, and I'm neither miller nor survivor.

"Have you ever had a dream that you thought was impossible to achieve? Well, some people say nothing is impossible. But I do nothing every day! So you can definitely do it."
--Tofu the dog's infinite wisdom

"British English is easy! Just use an 's' instead of a 'z' and replace 'or' with 'our' and you're dandy." "Do you want pissa our noodles for dinner?" "u better not piss in r noodles m8"
--Classic exchange between Popeychops and John the Late
posted 11-18-14 10:15 AM CT (US)     12 / 822  
I highly doubt Erskine Ravel is scum, he's either A. testing out his vote like anyone who plays mafia for the first time does, or B. has some information. Let's not over react, let's just get a clarifying post from him.
posted 11-18-14 10:15 AM CT (US)     13 / 822  
and yeah, neither.
posted 11-18-14 10:25 AM CT (US)     14 / 822  
Why do we exactly need to know his reasoning?
Well, as other people pointed out, it could be random pressure or very bad scum play, I'd like to hear more this.

Also, neither.

►►►►Mithril Knight◄◄◄◄
My Works
¡Viva México!
My Coat of Arms
posted 11-18-14 10:25 AM CT (US)     15 / 822  
I'd like to hear more on this.

Fixed.

►►►►Mithril Knight◄◄◄◄
My Works
¡Viva México!
My Coat of Arms
posted 11-18-14 10:28 AM CT (US)     16 / 822  
I suspect Erskine is voting out of randomness and because it's his first game. I'd still like him to explain himself though.
and yeah, neither.
posted 11-18-14 10:37 AM CT (US)     17 / 822  
Oh, yeah, I forgot he's new to the game, I just looked up the Sign-ups and he mentioned that there, so yeah.

►►►►Mithril Knight◄◄◄◄
My Works
¡Viva México!
My Coat of Arms
posted 11-18-14 11:27 AM CT (US)     18 / 822  
Erskine should unvote. I absolutely don't suspect him because of his vote, since I feel like he still needs to get the hang of this game. Although if there is a paticular reason behind that vote, I would be very interested to hear it.

The fact that noone died tonight could very well mean that there's a cult instead of a mafia. I doubt there'll be any serial killers like in Popey's last game, and I sure hope there is noone with the ability to daykill.

On the subject of millers and survivors, I'm neither.
Why do we exactly need to know his reasoning? If he's a cop, he doesn't need to tell, and if it's just random pressure, then most games start with someone making a random pressure vote.
Wh-hat? You know, you can't just bandwagon on someone because of one persons random vote and assume said person is a cop.
Random pressure doesn't require anyone to vote. Stating that the person should claim is enough to get things going.

Speaking of random pressure, random.org has chosen 7, which would be Mithril. A roleclaim should do. Of course, I won't enforce this should you or others dislike the idea, but I think we all agree here that this would help get this rolling.

D E V A S T A T O R
Paradise Lost ~ Scored 1st in the ACSC12! ~ Voted Best Cinematic Scenario of 2013 ~ Official Rating: 4.7
Demon Town ~ Scored 1st in the HHC11! ~ "...as unique as an AoK scenario can get." - Panel ~ Official Rating: 4.2

Proud Member of BlackForestStudios
My AoE2 Youtube Channel
posted 11-18-14 12:05 PM CT (US)     19 / 822  
I meant (quite clearly) that I didn't think we needed to know his reasoning if we were going to view it from a random pressure point-of-view.

I personally would rather random pressure Dead_End at this point, for two reasons. One, random pressure is just as good on D_E as Mithril, and, more importantly, if Erskine is the cop, then I want the town to cover his tracks by asking D_E to claim.

posted 11-18-14 12:22 PM CT (US)     20 / 822  
Speaking of random pressure, random.org has chosen 7, which would be Mithril. A roleclaim should do. Of course, I won't enforce this should you or others dislike the idea, but I think we all agree here that this would help get this rolling.
Let's not start like that. First, let's make some observations.

1. This game appears to be flavor dependent. if we keep that in mind, name climbs might be worth while.

2. This takes place now, as 2014 is drawing to a close. So let's consider world events taking place now.

3. With no kills and no failed kills, we must assume there is another mechanic used to remove players from the game.

4. Following that logic, we can either look at a cult without a kill, a poisoner (if there is a kill tonight this is likely) or something more exotic, like turning people into dreaming gods or tree stumps.

5. Going back to current events, I suspect Russia will be an antagonist, or some middle eastern countries + ISIS

I think everyone should go around and vote for the person above them in the OP so we know the voting properties, and maybe a flavor/name claim.

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker
posted 11-18-14 01:00 PM CT (US)     21 / 822  
I declare that my country's media is under external control, so I cannot, by the rules of this game, claim my role mechanic.

I advise you to allow me to claim my country name, to give a few hints, especially looking at the current affairs of the real world.

I hold vital information against the mafia that I cannot reveal without the fulfillment of certain conditions.

posted 11-18-14 01:03 PM CT (US)     22 / 822  
I advise you to allow me to claim my country name
Okay. Go!
posted 11-18-14 01:03 PM CT (US)     23 / 822  
Popey, I assume we will be notified of failed kill attempts in this game, correct?
All kill attempts will be noted in the thread.

posted 11-18-14 01:05 PM CT (US)     24 / 822  
Okay. Go!
OK, I was just confirming that so that I don't get in trouble for spontaneous claims.

I'm Ukraine.

posted 11-18-14 01:07 PM CT (US)     25 / 822  
How would that fit in with the external control of your media?
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 33  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Town's Crier » United Nations Mafia - Endgame
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames