Moderated by Major Helper

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Bank Robbery Mafia
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20  Next Page »
posted 05-18-15 06:47 PM CT (US)   

Bank Robbery Mafia or: asdasdasd

The steal went wrong. It went all kinds of wrong. This evening entertains the thought,
which is dry as a match, set to oxidize with the right amount of hot air, to explode
with the right amount of friction: somebody set us up, somebody's on the inside.
These jokers are going to find the ****ing queens, if it's the last thing they ever do.

Jokers and Queens:
01. Excelsior (Overeager Full Clueless Inventor - Joker)
02. CarolKarine (Motivator - Survivor)
03. Dexter Fei (Mafia Poisoner - Queen)
04. Popeychops (Mafia Jack of all Trades - Queen)
05. Leif Ericson (Lawyer - Joker)
06. Defibrilator (Sane Alignment Cop - Joker)
07. ColdCanuck (Paranoid Watcher - Joker)
08. Mr Wednesday (Mafia Roleblocker - Queen)
09. Fornen (Vigilante - Joker)
10. Cheddar Chap (Noble Jailer - Joker)
11. Herr Heir/Excelsior (Psychiatrist - Joker)
12. Elder Terrier/WRP (Paranoid Tracker - Joker)

Dictionary:
  • Joker - Bank robber. Good guy. Town.
  • Queen - Cop. Pig. Donut hole. The fuzz. Bad guy. Scum.

Rules:
    This is a lassez-faire game. Anybody can communicate with anybody outside the game thread. Mods are playing, so posts may be edited and will be verified by mods. Emails can be quoted or forged. Et cetera. I will punish at my own discretion.

[This message has been edited by Ashrzr (edited 06-05-2015 @ 05:00 PM).]

• Replies:
    posted 05-18-15 06:54 PM CT (US)     1 / 480  

-- Seattle: 1970 --

"What a bunch of amateurs. We were leaving the sixties - when security was as loose
    as Elizabeth Taylor and banks were regularly delivered the production cost of Ben
    Hur
    - and these complete jokers, these unbelievable knuckleheads, could hardly pull
    it off. The scamble afterward, who got away with the cash, now that was fun to watch."

Night 0. Send your actions to ashrzr(at)gmail(dot)com.

[This message has been edited by Ashrzr (edited 05-18-2015 @ 09:18 PM).]

posted 05-19-15 01:47 PM CT (US)     2 / 480  
    "Ok, we're all here," Mr Wednesday says.

"Except Ashrzr," Fornen mutters, looking away, forlorn.

"How could you forget Ashrzr?" Leif Ericson says.

"Ashrzr was an asshole," Mr. Wednesday says.

"Hey, you're an asshole," Dexter Fei says.

"No, YOU'RE an asshole," Cheddar Chap says.

"Shut up!" Mr Wednesday says.

"I agree with Mr Wednesday," Herr Heir says. "I'm definitely not ****ing him, though."

"Ok," Excelsior barks. "We have things to discuss today."

"Things went bad," CarolKarine says.

"Very bad," Popeychops says.

"We think somebody's on the inside?" ColdCanuck asks.

"I know somebody's on the inside, man," Defibrilator says.

"Where was everybody last night?" Elder Terrier inquires.

"It could be any one of us," somebody whispers under their breath.

Day 1. Nobody died last night.

[This message has been edited by Ashrzr (edited 05-19-2015 @ 06:56 PM).]

posted 05-19-15 02:05 PM CT (US)     3 / 480  
    Let's do the normal miller/survivor claims.

Neither.

"It looks like a huge shark just took a bite out of Excelsior's ass"-Colonel Kyle Riggs, Star Force: Storm Assault
    posted 05-19-15 02:32 PM CT (US)     4 / 480  
    Ashzrz: Are failed kills reported?

"It looks like a huge shark just took a bite out of Excelsior's ass"-Colonel Kyle Riggs, Star Force: Storm Assault
    posted 05-19-15 02:56 PM CT (US)     5 / 480  
    Neither miller nor survivor.

D E V A S T A T O R
    Paradise Lost ~ Scored 1st in the ACSC12! ~ Voted Best Cinematic Scenario of 2013 ~ Official Rating: 4.7
    Demon Town ~ Scored 1st in the HHC11! ~ "...as unique as an AoK scenario can get." - Panel ~ Official Rating: 4.2

Proud Member of BlackForestStudios
    My AoE2 Youtube Channel
    posted 05-19-15 04:34 PM CT (US)     6 / 480  
    My only line is calling someone an asshole. Nice.

Miller here. I have another aspect to my role, but it may be in town's best interests if I didn't reveal it yet.

If failed kills are reported, then the lack of a night kill could suggest either a cult (unlikely - given the flavour), or a scum faction that uses the vote as its power (politicians etc.) That's all I can pick up on.

The second of these would make band-wagoning or speedlynches even more foolish then they would be normally.

Dexter Fei
    Best Noob 2014 AOKH
    "Doors are for people with no imagination."-Skulduggery Pleasant
    _____v____v_V___________v______V___v________(\ /) _ (\ /) ____V___v_________v__V__________v___________
    (O o) (o 0)
    (> < ) (> < )
    posted 05-19-15 04:49 PM CT (US)     7 / 480  
    Aww. Why doesn't Herr want to **** me?

The day should start with Dev's claim.

"And Matt is a prolific lurker, watching over the forum from afar in silence, like Batman. He's the president TC needs, and possibly also the one it deserves." - trebuchet king
    posted 05-19-15 05:25 PM CT (US)     8 / 480  
    Neither Miller nor survivor.

I'm not into ****ing misters, Mr Wednesday.

How much can we read into the day post, BTW?

"Chaos is a ladder." - Petyr Middlefinger

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

"And on that day my respect for Herr grew four fold" - SirDante
    posted 05-19-15 05:30 PM CT (US)     9 / 480  
    I'd prefer to wait a little if you don't mind. Let's make sure there are no more unclaimed survivors/millers.

D E V A S T A T O R
    Paradise Lost ~ Scored 1st in the ACSC12! ~ Voted Best Cinematic Scenario of 2013 ~ Official Rating: 4.7
    Demon Town ~ Scored 1st in the HHC11! ~ "...as unique as an AoK scenario can get." - Panel ~ Official Rating: 4.2

Proud Member of BlackForestStudios
    My AoE2 Youtube Channel
    posted 05-19-15 05:33 PM CT (US)     10 / 480  
    Not a miller or survivor.
    Miller here. I have another aspect to my role, but it may be in town's best interests if I didn't reveal it yet.
    It seems to me like it would have been best to keep this silent. At this point of the game saying this will cause a lot of discussion about your claim. If I'm not mistaken, we're not asking for fullclaims from millers or survivors.
    or a scum faction that uses the vote as its power (politicians etc.)
    This is mostly a curious question, but has anyone played a game with this before? I'm planning on waiting until Ash answers about failed kills before I speculate on this.
    The day should start with Dev's claim.
    Are we progressing on to the random voting stage? That's fine with me I suppose.

~`o´~|\  Join the fresh and exciting AI Ladder for its fourth season!
    ´ `  |_\
           |    Learn the joy of AI scripting in my guide: The World of AI Scripting
    ______|______
     \        /
       .....Hinga Dinga Durgen! - SpongeBob
      `-=<.__.>=-´
    posted 05-19-15 05:38 PM CT (US)     11 / 480  

Failed kills are not reported.

EE forever

[This message has been edited by Ashrzr (edited 05-21-2015 @ 09:48 AM).]

posted 05-19-15 05:54 PM CT (US)     12 / 480  
    Hmm, that makes things more interesting.

´ `  |_\
    ______|______
     \        /
      `-=<.__.>=-´
    posted 05-19-15 05:57 PM CT (US)     13 / 480  
    Well, then we really didn't gain much from the night - in terms of what we're up against. But, we didn't lose anyone and that can only be a good thing.

If scum has a normal kill, then any roleblockers/JOATs (if we have any) should claim who they blocked. Doctors (if we have them) need not claim as they are protective and wouldn't know where a kill came from.

Was anyone blocked?/is there a roleblocker?

This seems like a good starting point unless, of course, there are any guilty reports.

@Leif - I haven't seen politicians in a game, however, it was a possibility. Now that we know failed kills are not reported, it is less likely.

Plus, that very soft claim was to stave of a policy lynch and provide an incentive to keep me around. It is also to help my defence, if I should ever be required to defend myself. Honesty seems to be the best option with a miller role.

And I think the claim from Dev is because of his mass email last night.

Dexter Fei
    Best Noob 2014 AOKH
    "Doors are for people with no imagination."-Skulduggery Pleasant
    _____v____v_V___________v______V___v________(\ /) _ (\ /) ____V___v_________v__V__________v___________
    (O o) (o 0)
    (> < ) (> < )
    posted 05-19-15 06:33 PM CT (US)     14 / 480  
    I am a miller.

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
    Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
    double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker
    posted 05-19-15 06:34 PM CT (US)     15 / 480  
    Not a miller, not a survivor. Since no one died last night I don't think we're going to get much information today unless somebody slips up badly. No death means no roles revealed, no one needs to explain why they targeted the non-existent dead player, no one needs to come forward as a power role (cop or vigilante specifically), and the doctor has nothing to go on.

I think random pressure is going to be our best bet.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    I too always thought "blog" would sound less silly as the years went by.
    Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
    Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
    posted 05-19-15 06:36 PM CT (US)     16 / 480  
    I am a miller with an easily verifiable role. Popey should be able to confirm that I am a benevolent role.

I would like to NOT come forward with my full role at this time, however.

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
    Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
    double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker
    posted 05-19-15 06:51 PM CT (US)     17 / 480  
    Why does Popey get to confirm you? I'm not saying this is suspicious, because it'd be rather doofus for mafia to confirm each other, even in an open-communication setup, but it's still a question. If your reason is open communications you had with Popey, then it's pretty useless.

Also, we're going to rapidly get to the point where everyone says they have a role that is townie, "but they'd rather not reveal it."

As such, I think it may be worthwhile, possibly, to have everyone claim the acronym that their role name forms. For example, my role name's acronym has four letters. Having people claim this may allow us to bind scum to a claim, without actually revealing who our town power roles are.

posted 05-19-15 07:25 PM CT (US)     18 / 480  
    And I think the claim from Dev is because of his mass email last night.
    Correct.

It's a lot more to go on than random.org.

"And Matt is a prolific lurker, watching over the forum from afar in silence, like Batman. He's the president TC needs, and possibly also the one it deserves." - trebuchet king
    posted 05-19-15 07:36 PM CT (US)     19 / 480  
    Ah, gotcha. That makes sense.

´ `  |_\
    ______|______
     \        /
      `-=<.__.>=-´
    posted 05-19-15 08:35 PM CT (US)     20 / 480  
    I see we've started finally. I've got to stop watching those cartoon marathons.

Well, I'll just start out by saying I'm not what you'd call a miller or survivor. We have four players left to post. We should get word from them. Otherwise, it seems the pigs may be hiding behind joker claims.

Also happen to notice that Mr. Wednesday has avoided saying whether he's miller or survivor himself. Instead, he went straight to wanting a claim on the Dragonslayer. Wonder if he knows something we don't?

Also - Hi, Captain Hair! What'ya up to?
    posted 05-19-15 08:35 PM CT (US)     21 / 480  
    Nice meeting ya last night!
    posted 05-19-15 09:06 PM CT (US)     22 / 480  
    Sorry. Not a miller or survivor.

posted 05-19-15 09:13 PM CT (US)     23 / 480  
    As such, I think it may be worthwhile, possibly, to have everyone claim the acronym that their role name forms. For example, my role name's acronym has four letters. Having people claim this may allow us to bind scum to a claim, without actually revealing who our town power roles are.
    This is retarded. It's basically the same thing as a mass claim except mafia will have the weasel room that no one in the town needs. Also, how do we figure out how people are to spell out their names? Investigative or cop? etc.
    posted 05-19-15 09:27 PM CT (US)     24 / 480  
    We'll just get creative. That's what the MafiaScum wiki is there for.

This changes nothing. Donut holes would still be able to hide in within the long johns and no one that's blind would know the difference. After all, they taste both the same.

Scum can still make fake-claims regardless; they make the all-too-common-lately mass claims useless, so this makes no difference.

So what are you, "miller", "survivor", or neither?
    posted 05-19-15 10:07 PM CT (US)     25 / 480  
    I'm not a miller or survivor.

For information gathering, I feel like the point of initial miller and survivor claims is to give ourselves a starting point. Thus, pressuring Dev seems like a diversion. We can definitely come back to it later. I say that partly because I didn't really read anything out of the mass email since it seemed like he was more making a joke out of it than anything else.

On the other hand:
    I am a miller with an easily verifiable role. Popey should be able to confirm that I am a benevolent role.
    I think that if Popey doesn't say anything, we should push this more because that doesn't seem very solid to me. Like Excelsior said, Popey could really say anything and we wouldn't have any way to prove what he said. Though, since Carol has put Popey forward, it would still be good to hear what he has to say, but it should be taken with a grain of salt.
    Well, I'll just start out by saying I'm not what you'd call a miller or survivor.
    I'm unsure exactly what you mean. That statement leaves a weird amount of wiggle room for later that we are trying to eliminate through the whole initial miller claim business. So are you, or are you not a miller/survivor?
    « Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20  Next Page »
    Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Town's Crier » Bank Robbery Mafia
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames