You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Town's Crier
Moderated by Major Helper

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: A Thread for the Appreciation of Anime
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 47 48 49 50 51 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 72  Next Page »
posted 06-12-15 05:51 PM CT (US)   

As requested

Reccommendations for CK

Kids on the Slope
Black Lagoon
My Little Monster
Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha
Baccano
Gunslinger Girl
Redline
Akira
Ghost In the Shell

Anime Review series:

Popeychops: Kannazuki no Miko - Destiny of the Shrine Maiden

Kantai Collection
Ga-Rei: Zero

Moff: Kantai Collection

Member of BlackForest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile

[This message has been edited by Popeychops (edited 01-09-2019 @ 04:47 PM).]

Replies:
posted 12-27-16 03:57 AM CT (US)     1201 / 1801  
Yeah, I watched it shortly after rewatching the 2003 series. Saw a couple episodes years ago when it first aired and only subs were available and meant to get back to it, but never did until years after its conclusion.

Rewatched The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya a couple months ago. Forgot how madness inducing Endless Eight was. I think it builds character being able to sit through it in its entirety.
posted 12-27-16 06:13 AM CT (US)     1202 / 1801  
Endless eight, *shudders*. After the first two episodes I just skipped through the rest

As for D Gray Man, it was fairly good for a hundred episode anime, managed to stay fairly gripping thorough but I wouldn't call it great. A fair bit of the animations got recycled and the art reminded me of Fairy Tail (slightly washed out colors). Gave it an 8 for good effort. The episodes were 20 minutes long so I "only" spent 3-5 hours a day watching it

_,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,_
You, you... Finnish Barstool! - Enraged Popeychops
Major Helper: Helping AoE3H Housewives since 2008 - As_Saffah
I spent 3 months trying to convince a door that I was an intelligent life form and gave up. - TLM
Winner of "Nicest" (2012-2016), "Most Helpful" (2014) and "Best Moderator" (2015-2016) Forummer Awards
-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-

[This message has been edited by Major Helper (edited 12-27-2016 @ 06:45 AM).]

posted 12-27-16 06:24 AM CT (US)     1203 / 1801  
Then you do not know suffering.

Second season of Ajin: Demi-Human goes up on Netflix sometime today. First season was pretty good and pretty scary at times, so hopefully the second season continues the quality of the first.
posted 01-02-17 05:44 PM CT (US)     1204 / 1801  
Watching Schwarzesmarken at the moment. It's a spin-off of the Muv-Luv franchise, although I've never seen of that. It's set in an East Germany that is fighting a desperate war against alien invaders while facing internal political struggle between the Stasi and the National People's Army at the same time. I thought that even though the anime isn't rated highly and I wasn't expecting anything great, it's hard to mess up a premise like that. Also, I'm interested in how they portray Germans. So far, it's better than I expected, but I wasn't expecting much.

posted 01-02-17 06:27 PM CT (US)     1205 / 1801  
Oh, I've got 8 episodes of Kancolle still to watch. I'll try to get one up this week

Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
posted 01-02-17 06:49 PM CT (US)     1206 / 1801  
Indeed, you do.

One would almost think you didn't like Best Boat anymore...

Purveyor of the Poi | Deliverer of Desu | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
Hi, I'm Kongou! Are you my admiral?

[This message has been edited by Moff Yittreas (edited 01-02-2017 @ 06:50 PM).]

posted 01-04-17 10:53 AM CT (US)     1207 / 1801  
Blatant, I was curious about Shinsekai yori and I'm watching it now.

Wow, I'm absolutely hooked. This is amazing.

posted 01-04-17 12:50 PM CT (US)     1208 / 1801  
I'm glad! Hopefully you aren't put off by the (admittedly strange) pacing, let me know what you think after you've watched the whole thing!

Yes, I began my journey alone, and I ended it alone.
But that does not mean that I walked alone. ~ Brandon Sanderson
posted 01-04-17 01:23 PM CT (US)     1209 / 1801  

Kantai Collection

Episode 5: Don't Compare Me to the Girls in Carrier Group Five!

NEW CHARACTER ALERT

Resting Bitchface (Ooi)
Overly attached girlfriend’s crush (Kitakami)
Low self-esteem A-cup angst girl (Zuikaku)
I have no personality whatsoever (Kaga)

Verdict: Okay, it’s been a while. Who were all these characters again? Fu-boring wants Sempai to notice her, as the squadron is split up. This seems like it’s a vehicle by which to introduce more characters. I’m pissed off that I had to meet even more characterless gimmicks. Each one gets fifteen seconds of screen time to deliver their gimmick, and then it moves on to the next one. Another snoozefest. I just don't care about this series enough to think up anything funny.

Ecchi-sketchy Counter: 8

New feature: I’ll track what scores on the counter:

•There’s a Pantsu flash in the OP. Yeah, I’ve counted that each and every time.
Serious thighs on screen from Low self-esteem A-cup angst girl
•Zoom in on Kongou’s sideboob. She wears garters.
•Obligatory cut to a bathing scene for no reason
•Second cut to a bathing scene for no reason
•Third…
•Fourth…
•The ships launch, so you get a good look up Fu-boring’s skirt

Rating: 5/10 (Mediocre)

posted 01-04-17 01:48 PM CT (US)     1210 / 1801  
Low self-esteem A-cup angst girl (Zuikaku)
Gomenasai, Popura-sama... but her name is clearly given in the show. Zuikaku is and shall always be Flight Deck Chest.

Purveyor of the Poi | Deliverer of Desu | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
posted 01-04-17 02:03 PM CT (US)     1211 / 1801  
That's a terrible name though.

posted 01-04-17 02:09 PM CT (US)     1212 / 1801  
Well, I guess since they didn't allude to the battles in the Marianas, her other nickname of Turkey would make little sense...

Then again, if you went and forgot who everyone was... obviously, you need to go back and rewatch the previous episodes before reviewing. Make sure all of that boaty goodness is fresh in your brain.

Open yourself to the boat.

posted 01-04-17 03:16 PM CT (US)     1213 / 1801  
I'm glad! Hopefully you aren't put off by the (admittedly strange) pacing, let me know what you think after you've watched the whole thing!
I powered through the show and I loved it. One of the best anime I've ever seen.

By the way, the bad guys won. That scene of the trial was the saddest one in the whole show.

posted 01-04-17 03:27 PM CT (US)     1214 / 1801  
That's a pretty big spoiler considering I had added the anime on my to-be-watched list

I spent 3 months trying to convince a door that I was an intelligent life form and gave up. - TLM
Winner of "Nicest" (2012-2016), "Most Helpful" (2014) and "Best Moderator" (2015-2016) Forummer Awards
-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-
posted 01-04-17 03:44 PM CT (US)     1215 / 1801  
It's actually not.

You'll see what I mean.

posted 01-04-17 07:47 PM CT (US)     1216 / 1801  

Why wouldn't you want to be BoatMoff?

posted 01-04-17 08:00 PM CT (US)     1217 / 1801  
Moff that's some sketchy shit

posted 01-04-17 08:23 PM CT (US)     1218 / 1801  
...I thought you were making a pun about the chalk-drawing of Kongou. Then I saw dat ass.

Meh. Mediocre.

posted 01-05-17 00:42 AM CT (US)     1219 / 1801  
I powered through the show and I loved it. One of the best anime I've ever seen.

By the way, the bad guys won. That scene of the trial was the saddest one in the whole show.
Glad you liked it! I definitely agree about the ending.

I've never been sure whether or not the pacing was strange (in my opinion) on purpose. The fact that there are so many weird moments and that I didn't know where things were headed meant that I was often uncomfortable or nervous, and I think that really added to the tone of the story.
That's a pretty big spoiler considering I had added the anime on my to-be-watched list
You should watch it! That's barely a spoiler, really, and I think you'd enjoy it.

Yes, I began my journey alone, and I ended it alone.
But that does not mean that I walked alone. ~ Brandon Sanderson

[This message has been edited by Blatant (edited 01-05-2017 @ 00:44 AM).]

posted 01-05-17 02:15 PM CT (US)     1220 / 1801  

Helper-sensei... which anime is this ripping off? It looks far too adorable to pass up, especially if it does have some kind of SW themes to it.

posted 01-05-17 02:59 PM CT (US)     1221 / 1801  
This is the list for the upcoming anime season. Anything you guys are considering to watch?

Personally, I'm interested in how will they pull-off the new season of Blue Exorcist, since they basically have to retcon about half of the first season to accomodate it with the manga.

►►►►Mithril Knight◄◄◄◄
My Works
¡Viva México!
My Coat of Arms
posted 01-05-17 04:45 PM CT (US)     1222 / 1801  
Watch Little Witch Academia.

posted 01-05-17 04:47 PM CT (US)     1223 / 1801  
Google seems to suggest LoveLive for that SW picture. As for the winter animes, I've put 44 of the entries on my to-watch list

posted 01-05-17 05:22 PM CT (US)     1224 / 1801  
I've seen LoveLove!!. That's definitely not.

I'd almost wonder about Darth Yamada... but the hair clips shoot that down.

posted 01-05-17 06:39 PM CT (US)     1225 / 1801  
A quote from a post with that picture:

Star Warzura!!! *Star Wars Parody* 😂 Starring Maru as Maruuke Skywalker *Luke Skywalker* You as Han Yousoro *Han Solo* Dia as Dia Vader *Darth Vader* Mari as 'S'hiny-3PO *C-3PO* Kanan as M2-D2 *the kanji reads 'Matsu' so i assume the 'M' stands for 'ma' and read number '2' in katakana 'tsu'* *R2-D2* Uchicchi as Uchicchewbacca *Chewbacca* Yoshiko as...... Death Star? *idk theres 'yoshiko chan' below the name 😂*

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 47 48 49 50 51 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 72  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Town's Crier » A Thread for the Appreciation of Anime
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames