Town's Crier
Moderated by Major Helper

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: AoKH Mafia: Splash Splash Returns - Game Thread
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 17  Next Page »
posted 07-12-15 05:55 PM CT (US)   

It’s time for your morning shit and browsing of various social medias. After realizing you did look at all of reddit before falling asleep last night, you take a look at Age of Kings Heaven, where everyone at one point played the game but for the most part haven’t launched it in five ro so years. everything looks normal until you load the Town’s Crier, and you quickly realize something’s gone horribly wrong.

Seeing only one thread named “Splash Splash Returns”, you open it with some hesitation. Inside you see no familiar faces, but instead nothing but “names” in black consisting of random numbers and letters. The OP is blank except for one cryptic message:

I’m Back

Love, Aro

People claiming to be the moderators are trying to restore order, but ultimately nobody is sure of identities.

This game is a convention closed-communication mafia game. all rules that are considered reasonable are in play. This means no editing posts, no talking outside the thread unless otherwise stated, I must be CC’ed to all game discussion that is allowed outside the thread, etc. If you play reasonably, I’ll be reasonable. It is a night start

1. Popeychops
2. DEVESTATOR
3. Major Helper removed from game.
4. Lord Sipia
5. Leif Ericson
6. Excelsior -- Coldviper, town tracker
7. Dexter Fei -- ax_man1, town noble
8. ColdCanuck
9. Mr. Wednesday
10. Possidon Excelsior Mk II
11. Sarn
12. Fornen

1. Chud
2. Stroke
3. nowhere

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker

[This message has been edited by CarolKarine (edited 07-24-2015 @ 06:14 PM).]

Replies:
posted 07-14-15 11:01 AM CT (US)     1 / 410  
It is now Night 0

please submit your night 0 actions.

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker
posted 07-15-15 03:31 PM CT (US)     2 / 410  
In the hubub as people still came to terms with the site's hijacking, Coldviper was banned. Discussion finally coalesced around this occurrence and forward progress began as to find the identities of the perpetrator.

Excelsior (otherwise known as Coldviper,) a town tracker, has been banned.

It is now Day 1

with 11 alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch.

[This message has been edited by CarolKarine (edited 07-15-2015 @ 03:35 PM).]

posted 07-15-15 03:38 PM CT (US)     3 / 410  
Not a miller or survivor. Nothing interesting to report from Night 0.

Lousy way to start, losing an investigation role.

"And Matt is a prolific lurker, watching over the forum from afar in silence, like Batman. He's the president TC needs, and possibly also the one it deserves." - trebuchet king
posted 07-15-15 03:51 PM CT (US)     4 / 410  
I'm neither.

Are failed kills reported?

Dexter Fei
Best Noob 2014 AOKH
"Doors are for people with no imagination."-Skulduggery Pleasant
_____v____v_V___________v______V___v________(\ /) _ (\ /) ____V___v_________v__V__________v___________
(O o) (o 0)
(> < ) (> < )
posted 07-15-15 04:06 PM CT (US)     5 / 410  
yes.

posted 07-15-15 04:14 PM CT (US)     6 / 410  
Shooting the good players is low. Also not miller or survivor

Member of BlackForest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
posted 07-15-15 04:25 PM CT (US)     7 / 410  
So, just one kill. A three man mafia is likely, but a killess mafia (or a mafia with a delayed kill) with an sk is more likely. The game is conventional, (judging from what CK's said and Excel's role) however, my role indicates some minorly unconventional balancing. Any guilty reports/blocked people should come forward.

Dexter Fei
Best Noob 2014 AOKH
_____v____v_V___________v______V___v________(\ /) _ (\ /) ____V___v_________v__V__________v___________
(O o) (o 0)
(> < ) (> < )
posted 07-15-15 04:39 PM CT (US)     8 / 410  
I'm a survivor. Might reveal more information if necessary.

D E V A S T A T O R
Paradise Lost ~ Scored 1st in the ACSC12! ~ Voted Best Cinematic Scenario of 2013 ~ Official Rating: 4.7
Demon Town ~ Scored 1st in the HHC11! ~ "...as unique as an AoK scenario can get." - Panel ~ Official Rating: 4.2

Proud Member of BlackForestStudios
My AoE2 Youtube Channel
posted 07-15-15 04:44 PM CT (US)     9 / 410  
Oh, I thought it was CV who was killed

Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
posted 07-15-15 04:48 PM CT (US)     10 / 410  
I am not a miller or survivor.

I want to claim right now. I am a vanilla townie, but I am a mason. My partner is the cop, who is going to feed me his results, then I'll tell the town for him. We talked about it last night and decided actually to investigate Excel because of his aggressive play style, that way it would be easier to ascertain what side he was on. My partner's investigate failed, which either means Excel was uninvestigatable or my partner was blocked. I personally think it was the latter, considering the night results didn't mention anything about the former.
posted 07-15-15 04:51 PM CT (US)     11 / 410  
Has your mason partner been mod-confirmed town to you?

Dexter Fei
Best Noob 2014 AOKH
(O o) (o 0)
(> < ) (> < )
posted 07-15-15 04:53 PM CT (US)     12 / 410  
That doesn't sound legit. Investigative town role dies, you claim to conveniently be mason with the cop who conveniently investigated the townie who died last night and was also conveniently blocked.

Also, if you're telling the truth, you just revealed the identity of the town cop to the mafia.

D E V A S T A T O R
Paradise Lost ~ Scored 1st in the ACSC12! ~ Voted Best Cinematic Scenario of 2013 ~ Official Rating: 4.7
Demon Town ~ Scored 1st in the HHC11! ~ "...as unique as an AoK scenario can get." - Panel ~ Official Rating: 4.2

My AoE2 Youtube Channel
posted 07-15-15 05:00 PM CT (US)     13 / 410  
Claiming VT after the tracker died is also sketch. Fornen could easily claim to not know if the cop is town or not, which would provide him complete deniability.

Dexter Fei
Best Noob 2014 AOKH
(O o) (o 0)
(> < ) (> < )
posted 07-15-15 05:00 PM CT (US)     14 / 410  
And I actually sent a big long email to him about all those things, saying all the things you guys just said, but he hasn't said anything back yet and I didn't quite know what to do. I just saw that if the role blocker did claim, there is nothing I could do at all with the information I have that wouldn't give away my partner. I was hoping for him to respond quickly, but I felt like I was running out of time to act based off of the conversation I had already had.
posted 07-15-15 05:03 PM CT (US)     15 / 410  
You should've kept quiet. There's no need to rush either.

D E V A S T A T O R

My AoE2 Youtube Channel
posted 07-15-15 05:09 PM CT (US)     16 / 410  
Fornen, you could/should answer my question yourself. In fact it is pretty suspicious that you had to ask your partner if you was told whether he was confirmed town or not.

Dexter Fei
Best Noob 2014 AOKH
(O o) (o 0)
(> < ) (> < )
posted 07-15-15 05:12 PM CT (US)     17 / 410  
Fos: Defibrillator, Dexter

Good grief, Mason claims are inherently trustworthy. If they are true, they are targets because at any point their partner(s) can claim and form a bloc of two confirmed townies. Trying to push the lynch on one draws the second into claiming.

Fornen has claimed his partner is a cop. Any other cop should obviously counterclaim. Fornen's partner would need to claim then, I think. But clearly the plan of the cop staying quiet and giving him results is a good one. I also see the logic behind investigating Excelsior.

If we have a town roleblocker, they should not claim until Fornen's partner claims. That way the Mafia don't know if it was their block or the town's who stopped this cop partner.

Defib's post is particularly scummy. He can't decide whether Fornen is scum, or if he's town who has just given the game away to the Mafia.

posted 07-15-15 05:14 PM CT (US)     18 / 410  
I'm not a miller or survivor.

Too bad we lost the tracker. I'm guessing bans are the equivalent of kills in this game. Interesting.

Fornen, did you make sure the failed investigation wasn't because Excel was killed?

~`o´~|\  Join the fresh and exciting AI Ladder for its fourth season!
´ `  |_\
       |    Learn the joy of AI scripting in my guide: The World of AI Scripting
______|______
 \        /
   .....Hinga Dinga Durgen! - SpongeBob
  `-=<.__.>=-´
posted 07-15-15 05:14 PM CT (US)     19 / 410  
Claiming Vanilla Mason is not sketchy after a tracker has died. Dexter, what are you going on about?

posted 07-15-15 05:16 PM CT (US)     20 / 410  
I also don't think a cop would be that overpowered. (he has one less player to investigate, he is/was safely hidden, he can communicate through a proxy etc.)

I don't know... The whole thing feels to neat. Everything's tied up in a little bow.

Dexter Fei
Best Noob 2014 AOKH
(O o) (o 0)
(> < ) (> < )
posted 07-15-15 05:17 PM CT (US)     21 / 410  
Defib's post is particularly scummy. He can't decide whether Fornen is scum, or if he's town who has just given the game away to the Mafia.
You got me, I'm scum. Not beeing able to decide wether Fornen is scum or town just totally lost me the game.

D E V A S T A T O R

My AoE2 Youtube Channel
posted 07-15-15 05:17 PM CT (US)     22 / 410  
And yes, that was sarcasm.

D E V A S T A T O R

My AoE2 Youtube Channel
posted 07-15-15 05:20 PM CT (US)     23 / 410  
@Popey - The tracker is the main way of confirming a vt. Otherwise we just have his word that he has no action.

Dexter Fei
Best Noob 2014 AOKH
(O o) (o 0)
(> < ) (> < )
posted 07-15-15 05:24 PM CT (US)     24 / 410  
Dexter, they could just not use their action. If it would result in a confirmation of not having an action, it'd be worth it. Thankfully it usually doesn't.

D E V A S T A T O R

My AoE2 Youtube Channel
posted 07-15-15 05:27 PM CT (US)     25 / 410  
Yeah, but that would still be a night with one less scum action.

Dexter Fei
Best Noob 2014 AOKH
(O o) (o 0)
(> < ) (> < )
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 17  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Town's Crier » AoKH Mafia: Splash Splash Returns - Game Thread
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames