Town's Crier
Moderated by Major Helper

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: AOKH Football Mafia: Game Thread
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 26  Next Page »
posted 08-08-15 11:22 AM CT (US)   

A classic Mafia based on the best sport ever.

Game will be closed communication with all standard rules. I elect the right to ignore any questions excluding common requests for prods and vote counts. Failed kills will not be put in the day post, alignments will be revealed after death.

1.Excelsior
3.Popeychops
7.Julius999
10.Thymole

Dead
Mr Wednesday Doctor
Fornen Iron Townie
Jetkill Fastmurder Miller
Nowhere Vanilla Townie

Mithril Knight Ghost Witch Survivor
CarolKarine Mafia goon
Defibrilator Vengeful Townie
NowhereMafia Goon

[This message has been edited by ColdCanuck (edited 08-31-2015 @ 06:54 PM).]

Replies:
posted 08-08-15 11:23 AM CT (US)     1 / 630  
It is now Night Zero. 48 hours to get your actions in or I'll go without you.
posted 08-08-15 02:13 PM CT (US)     2 / 630  
I've been through a terrible incident, and won't be able to access the internet for a few months. My apologies.
posted 08-08-15 02:19 PM CT (US)     3 / 630  
This game really refuses to start, doesn't it? No matter. Whatever happened, I wish you the best of luck, Stroke.

D E V A S T A T O R
Paradise Lost ~ Scored 1st in the ACSC12! ~ Voted Best Cinematic Scenario of 2013 ~ Official Rating: 4.7
Demon Town ~ Scored 1st in the HHC11! ~ "...as unique as an AoK scenario can get." - Panel ~ Official Rating: 4.2

Proud Member of BlackForestStudios
My AoE2 Youtube Channel
posted 08-09-15 05:16 PM CT (US)     4 / 630  
I'll fill whatever hole there is if needed. With the desire to be replaced out asap
posted 08-09-15 07:27 PM CT (US)     5 / 630  
Thymole is replacing Dexter Fei
posted 08-09-15 07:33 PM CT (US)     6 / 630  
posted 08-10-15 03:36 PM CT (US)     7 / 630  
Breaking News: After a series of scandals Liverpool has been banned from the PL. Despite people being generally suspicious of such a club that seemed to have lots of money, they did in fact, play for the right side....

JetKill, playing as Liverpool, a town Miller, has been killed.

It is now Day 1
posted 08-10-15 03:45 PM CT (US)     8 / 630  
Meh, not a bad start. That preempts fake miller claims, isn't a power role, and avoids the confusion a miller brings.

I don't expect there to be any more millers. But for the sake of thoroughness I investigate as town and I am not a survivor.

"And Matt is a prolific lurker, watching over the forum from afar in silence, like Batman. He's the president TC needs, and possibly also the one it deserves." - trebuchet king
posted 08-10-15 03:50 PM CT (US)     9 / 630  
Good guy mafia, killed the one inactive guy with no replacement to promote activity

And no, I'm not a miller or a survivor or scum.

D E V A S T A T O R
Paradise Lost ~ Scored 1st in the ACSC12! ~ Voted Best Cinematic Scenario of 2013 ~ Official Rating: 4.7
Demon Town ~ Scored 1st in the HHC11! ~ "...as unique as an AoK scenario can get." - Panel ~ Official Rating: 4.2

My AoE2 Youtube Channel
posted 08-10-15 03:53 PM CT (US)     10 / 630  
Woooo!!! I finally survived Night 0!!

Nothing unusual about my claim, either.

"It looks like a huge shark just took a bite out of Excelsior's ass"-Colonel Kyle Riggs, Star Force: Storm Assault
posted 08-10-15 03:54 PM CT (US)     11 / 630  
Stroke dies N0 and he just asked to be replaced. Quite convenient, right CV?

*serious now*

Well, at least we won't have to worry about a miller this time, so that's good for a night start.

It's been a while, so I guess I'll just declare the usual stuff I've seen you guys do recently: I'm not a miller or survivor.

►►►►Mithril Knight◄◄◄◄
My Works
¡Viva México!
My Coat of Arms
posted 08-10-15 03:55 PM CT (US)     12 / 630  
Yes, that was about as good a start as we could hope for.

Not miller/survivor.

Forummer of the Year, All in All Winner, Nicest Forummer, The Sebastien-Barbarossa Medal (FotY-2011)
Most Missed Forummer (FotY-2012)
posted 08-10-15 04:01 PM CT (US)     13 / 630  
Props to the mafia for choosing to kill an inactive rather than someone who might would vote. I'm not saying I'll ask for you to get a win when I thrash you if town wins, but we'll come up with something.

"It looks like a huge shark just took a bite out of Excelsior's ass"-Colonel Kyle Riggs, Star Force: Storm Assault
posted 08-10-15 04:06 PM CT (US)     14 / 630  
Like... allow them to commit seppuku?

D E V A S T A T O R

My AoE2 Youtube Channel
posted 08-10-15 04:32 PM CT (US)     15 / 630  
posted 08-10-15 05:09 PM CT (US)     16 / 630  
Not Miller or Survivor. Having a dead Miller looks like it's saved us some hassle.

Member of BlackForest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
posted 08-11-15 02:30 AM CT (US)     17 / 630  
So how best to progress; random vote?

Forummer of the Year, All in All Winner, Nicest Forummer, The Sebastien-Barbarossa Medal (FotY-2011)
Most Missed Forummer (FotY-2012)
posted 08-11-15 02:33 AM CT (US)     18 / 630  
Not Miller or Survivor. I don't have time right now, but will post some thoughts later today.

[ All_That_Glitters | Pretty_Town_Contest | Other_AoK_Designs | AoE_Designs ]
Member of Stormwind Studios
posted 08-11-15 05:37 AM CT (US)     19 / 630  
I don't think that random voting is necessarily the best way to proceed. We have the option of getting Thymole's claim and lynching him if it's innocuous, since he has declared that he has no interest in playing the game, but I'd prefer we did not do this because he's no more likely to be scum than anyone else.

I think we should leave Thymole's slot open as a replacement for the person killed by the mafia tonight, if that's what he wants, and instead lynch anyone who appears to be lurking. Better to have everyone involved in playing the game. I would expect no more than one survivor.

Member of BlackForest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
posted 08-11-15 08:08 AM CT (US)     20 / 630  
Meta: I don't think it's very nice to make Thymole's replacement have to stick with a claim Thymole made up without really caring (Not accusing him of that, necessarily). Considering every game goes by with at least one person virtually non-existent Day One, I'm willing to stick my neck out and say we should be nice.

Game: Getting a rushed claim is a great way of catching scum.

posted 08-11-15 08:23 AM CT (US)     21 / 630  
Not Miller or survivor.

I think we should leave thymole be, for reasons nowhere brought up. It would be completely unfair to his eventual replacement.

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker
posted 08-11-15 08:24 AM CT (US)     22 / 630  
Excel, not nowhere.

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker
posted 08-11-15 11:26 AM CT (US)     23 / 630  
I think a scum replacing me would benefit from my fake claim as a general assumption but that doesn't matter much.

I would start by asking for anyone who can shed light on the previous night to come forward. I expect there won't be much. A town role blocker perhaps. Might as well get the ball rolling. Soccer puns. American terminology abuse. Tertiary self narrative. [/crazy good jokes]

If not then I would randomly, but not really randomly nominate popey to claim first and to choose the rest of the claims we ought to get.

Don't have anything on him, it's just popey...
posted 08-11-15 11:41 AM CT (US)     24 / 630  
I will confess, I am really quite suspicious of myself. It's just so unusual for me to be alive Day One after a night start. Maybe I should claim first? [/attempt at joke]

We've got Fornen and Leif left. Personally, if one of them claims survivor, after everyone else has claimed, I won't view that charitably. Which means, I don't think either of them will be a survivor.

So, I do indeed think we need to discuss where to go from here. I think everyone should attempt, in the next post they make, to drop a sentence or two in about possibilities they think will help. Everyone should be making an occasional post anyways, so it's not too much to ask to add a line or two, even if it's not as brilliant as others.

And there's always the fall back of having the good claimers claim first--Popey, Julius, Mr. Wednesday, or Thymole.

posted 08-11-15 12:12 PM CT (US)     25 / 630  
The game is supposed to be relatively vanilla so we probably won't be catching many people on initial claim trip ups. But I accept that even if I'm included

Julius probably won't claim because that's what he does.
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 26  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Town's Crier » AOKH Football Mafia: Game Thread
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames