You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

News Discussion

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Modding Guild News: New SLP and DRS editor is here!
posted 07-10-12 03:54 PM CT (US)   

Hey,

For a while the modders on this site have been getting along with the way they edit and add slps (this was do-able before but quite a long and tedious process). All of a sudden a new programme pops up out of no where which makes the jobs of creating and then adding completely brand new slp's very easy.

Quite frankly, it's about time!

It's called the Turtle Pack, and is brought to you by the Hawk Team; and I must say, it's quite brilliant. You can find it here.

You can:

- View entire Drs files (similar to drs_aok), except it loads much quicker, is fully compatible with 64 bit windows and allows you to view all graphics at once and select and search for them easily. It also includes a nifty play animation button to allow you to view the whole graphic as it actually appears, or flick through individual frames.

- Includes SLP Editor, which, allows you to create SLP's from scratch, without even needing to rename image files to aok specific types before importing. If you still use Mod Workshop to do this, then don't. It's much easier to import and export frames, view full animations and at one touch of a button your slp is done and ready for importing into the game.

- Includes a very easy to use drs builder. Simply open your drs file, click add (the plus button) and select whatever slp's you want to import into the drs. Viola, in less than no time it's all in there ready to use and share! It automatically renames them and adds them at the end of the drs file.

Awesome!

P.s, don't forget to download the new AGE 2 here, which makes adding units and graphics to the game much easier! Keep checking for updates too, as it's been continually worked on to improve the modding experience.

Currently, there is extensive research going on for tech screen data editing. Check it out in the AGE thread in the forums here.

[This message has been edited by Tetsuo Shima (edited 07-18-2012 @ 04:16 PM).]

Replies:
posted 07-12-12 05:18 PM CT (US)     1 / 3  
Sounds great! Can't wait to give it a try.
posted 07-13-12 07:11 AM CT (US)     2 / 3  
Did my review on that file grab your attention, Tetsuo?

D E V A S T A T O R
Paradise Lost ~ Scored 1st in the ACSC12! ~ Voted Best Cinematic Scenario of 2013 ~ Official Rating: 4.7
Demon Town ~ Scored 1st in the HHC11! ~ "...as unique as an AoK scenario can get." - Panel ~ Official Rating: 4.2

Proud Member of BlackForestStudios
My AoE2 Youtube Channel
posted 07-20-12 09:45 PM CT (US)     3 / 3  
Well this seems to be a big improvement over my program in terms of user interface, so thumbs up, whoever made this one.

Jatayu O===|¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯/
`
Battle of Saraighat, 1671|Atlantis, the Lost Realm|AOE Roman Modpack|My profile
ि
StormWind Studios
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » News Discussion » Modding Guild News: New SLP and DRS editor is here!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames