You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

News Discussion

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Age of Empires II HD: The African Kingdoms and Patch 4.4 - Available Now!!!
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 11-05-15 01:50 PM CT (US)   

Welcome to Age of Empires II HD: The African Kingdoms; the second new official expansion for the Age of Empires II universe in over 16 years. Challenge friends with four additional civilizations, new units, ships and technologies. Fight your way through the African continent with four campaigns and obliterate your opponents with a fresh batch of units under your command!

4 New Civilizations

- Berbers - Unite the tribes of Northern Africa and set sail for Europe. Can you hold your ground against the scrambled kingdoms of Iberia?

- Malians - Follow in the footsteps of the great Mansa Musa and become the greatest king of Western Africa.

- Ethiopians - Relive the glory of the once mighty Aksumite empire and rule over the Red Sea.

- Portuguese - Set sail for the new world, discover new routes to unknown lands and expand your trade routes to the mighty African empires.

4 New Campaigns

- Tariq ibn Ziyad: In the early 8th century, Tariq ibn Ziyad prepares to lead an army of Berbers and Arabs across the sea to Iberia, enthralling his troops with promises of wealth and glory. Will their might be enough to defeat the fearsome infantry of the Visigoths and bring the banners of war to the powerful Merovingian kingdom lying beyond the Pyrenees? Their success-or failure-lies in your hands.

- Sundjata: The once great Ghana empire has fallen and West Africa is in turmoil. Sumanguru, King of the Sosso, is poised to forge a new empire. Said to possess a magical instrument that guarantees victory, he has led his Sosso warriors to conquer old Ghana and a small Mandinkan kingdom called Mali. Can Sundjata, the crippled prince of Mali, defy the odds, defeat Sumanguru, and become the most powerful ruler of West Africa?

- Francisco de Almeida: On the fringes of Europe, the Portuguese manage a meager and unsure existence, hardened by centuries of war against the Moors and rival Christian kingdoms. Now, daring explorers have returned from India and given Portugal hope of glories and wealth unachievable in the Old World. Can you lead a Portuguese armada to the East and forge an empire that spans three continents and two oceans? A new world awaits!

- Yodit: The beautiful princess Yodit has a promising future at the Aksumite court. But when her jealous nephew accuses her of theft, Yodit is forced to flee her home country. Witness how exile shaped this fallen princess into a mighty queen. For centuries the story of Yodit's vengeance would invoke fear in the hearts of all Ethiopians.

Features

- 4 new civilizations
- 4 new campaigns
- Improved AI
- 10 new Special Maps
- 8 new Real World Maps
- 5 new Random Maps
- 10 new terrains
- Sudden Death mode
- New generic units & technologies
- Countless balance adjustments
- Many new scenario editor objects

Additionally, AoE2HD Patch 4.4 has been released today. View the patchnotes here.

As a limited time offer (ending November 9), AoE2HD and The Forgotten are on sale at an 80% discount, while The African Kingdoms is on sale at a 20% discount, so if you like sales, make haste!

As always, feel free to share your thoughts and discuss below. On a side note, now that the game has been released, I can be a lot more forthcoming with answers to your questions. Feel free to fire away with your questions (I reserve the right to use discretion with which questions I can answer ) and I'll be glad to answer as best I can! I'm sure other folks on the team will be watching and answering as well

~ Forgotten Empires ~

Storm on the Steppe | Galderton Hill RP | Proud member of Stormwind Studios

"Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama; ek veit einn at aldri deyr, dómr um dauðan hvern." - Hávamál 77.

[This message has been edited by HockeySam18 (edited 11-07-2015 @ 09:47 PM).]

Replies:
posted 11-25-15 11:25 PM CT (US)     51 / 59  
Im getting the feelig im not the only one having trouble with saving games atm. And from what I can gather it's not likely to be an issue via steam.

Any word on that?
posted 01-01-16 10:00 PM CT (US)     52 / 59  
Just curious as per the age wiki there is a new unit called Eastern Pikeman but there is no info about it.Is this a new unit?
posted 01-10-16 01:19 PM CT (US)     53 / 59  
I have a graphic problem. Don`t know if it`s from my video card i have a GTX 660 OC, but look at the trees they have so many light points on them, i think it`s the old bug problem from HD edition i`m having.

(These are the mods i have installed)

posted 01-10-16 02:06 PM CT (US)     54 / 59  
Those trees are modded, not the vanilla trees, so the problem you are having is probably related to the modded graphics themselves. Try unsubscribing from whichever mod is affecting the trees (or all mods, to be safe) and/or verifying the integrity of your game cache.

~ Forgotten Empires ~

"Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama; ek veit einn at aldri deyr, dómr um dauðan hvern." - Hávamál 77.
posted 01-10-16 02:22 PM CT (US)     55 / 59  
How can i check the cash integrity of the game? Also it seems is from AoE2 graphic replacement mod. But that mod is not implemented intro the game itself and that`s the reason i bought the game in the first place, everything is going to vanilla version and i don`t like that.

Also are there any mods for resolution? The terrain is to close and i saw on youtube high resolutions.

[This message has been edited by Crystallis (edited 01-10-2016 @ 02:23 PM).]

posted 01-10-16 02:36 PM CT (US)     56 / 59  
A guide.

The standard version of the game will keep the (official) vanilla graphics, but if you want modded graphics you must subscribe to the mods and download them.
Also are there any mods for resolution?
The game automatically is set to whatever your desktop resolution is (an idiotic design choice, I know, but compared to the numerous other issues it's probably a very low priority fix at this point), so by changing your desktop resolution you can get the ingame resolution you want.

~ Forgotten Empires ~

posted 05-31-16 04:11 AM CT (US)     57 / 59  
Just purchased AOK HD and the extras from Steam and I'm a bit take back with the itty bitty size of the figures.
Is this the way they are or can it be changed to the size of the original game?
posted 05-31-16 07:11 AM CT (US)     58 / 59  
The ingame resolution is configured to match your desktop resolution, so adjusting the latter should allow you to tailor the former to your liking.

~ Forgotten Empires ~

posted 06-15-16 06:38 AM CT (US)     59 / 59  
Sorry so long to reply, there's some other issues with the game and I don't like having to play with the resolution settings.
A bit disappointing.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » News Discussion » Age of Empires II HD: The African Kingdoms and Patch 4.4 - Available Now!!!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames