Moderated by Sebastien, John the Late

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Age of Voivods
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 41 42 43  Next Page »
posted 10-30-09 07:40 PM CT (US)   

Hello everybody!

Age of Voivods is the only Age of Empires II mod that allows you to play in Eastern, Central and Northern Europe through the Late Middle Ages. This total conversion mod will give you a new feeling of playing AOK. Many new features await you.

What's new in Age of Voivods?

*18 new civs: play Bohemians, Bulgarians, Byzantines, Danish, Hanseats, Hungarians, Lithuanians, Moldavians, Ottomans, Papal States, Polish, Russians, Serbians, Swedish, Teutonic Order, Ukrainians, Venetians and Wallachians;
*New units and buildings with new graphics and abilities;
*New changes for civs: Greek fire for Byzantines, special army system for Ottomans or annexations to improve your civ in last age;
*New technologies:Tithe, Reform, Icons, Ost...;
*Knighthood system to train elite and heavier units;
*Build a commandery and improve your knights and civ with new techs available;
*New adapted AI, history sections, interface musics...;
*Battle in tundra with wild Varangians and no more jaguars in jungle;
*A new campaign to play new civs through different battles: Peipus Lake, Belgrade, Tannenberg, Visby or Constantinople;
*Helpful files to explain you all changes;
*Existe en version française!

and more again! Get patient...

Video preview:

in English
in French

Here are screenshots from my mod to show you my work:

http://img710.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=commanderies.png
http://img812.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=armati.png
http://img175.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=norsetown.png
http://img38.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=centralcastle.png
http://img3.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=sanmarcou.png

Campaign missions screenshots

Comparative screenshots for buildings in third age

The Work-in-Progress Spotlight

IMPORTANT: I always require voices for new civs. I miss DANISH, LITHUANIAN, SERBIAN and UKRAINIAN. Please help me accepting using your voice for this mod. I can tell you all you have to say if you agree and have a simple microphone. Thanks again!

Bye!

[This message has been edited by fr steve (edited 01-09-2014 @ 06:52 AM).]

Replies:
posted 02-12-14 12:27 PM CT (US)     1436 / 1474  
Daniel,

Yes, sorry, I indeed received your email with the installer, but I didn't test it yet, I must uninstall the numerous mods I already have (including your excellent Portuguese one ), but I'll try to find time to test it, don't worry

Mahir,

Thank you for your nice comments. However, Daniel exactly told you what I intented to tell you : I already have enough beta testers and don't wish to have more, not until it is nearly finished at least, to test in multiplayer games. Sorry.

However, I indeed need Serbian, so your help in this field is really welcomed But the words you used are not exactly the ones I need. Here's what I'd need you to say, for a soldier preferably:

*SELECTED*

Da?
Spreman.
Naređenie?

*MOVING*

Da.
Uradiću to.
Razumeo.

*ATTACKING*

Napad!
U boj!
Da!
Ura!

I like uniformity in speeches, so that's why I'd be really grateful if you recored that. Thanks a lot for your help!

"Vous vous rendez compte, la France est le seul pays au monde où l'on recycle toujours les mêmes hommes politiques, même lorsqu'ils ont échoué !" Nicolas Dupont-Aignan

AGE OF VOIVODS
Still looking for DANISH, UKRAINIAN, LITHUANIAN and HUNGARIAN voices.
posted 02-12-14 12:49 PM CT (US)     1437 / 1474  
I do my Job.
Here:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/1f1o1s
if voice dont good i will record agen

[This message has been edited by MahirSuljic (edited 02-13-2014 @ 10:11 AM).]

posted 02-14-14 12:57 PM CT (US)     1438 / 1474  
Sorry for the delay to response. Well, I do this to install AoV:

Copy and paste a original AoC folder (1.0c)
Extract and move the AoV files to their respective folders in the copied AoC folder.

This was working properly with the other version I received. However, the no-cd issue happens as soon as I copy the new AoV age2_x1 into the folder. I also tried to exactly follow your instructions on how to install and it didn't worked too.
posted 02-16-14 09:01 AM CT (US)     1439 / 1474  
@fr steve:
Ah, that's ok then.
Also, I'm glad that you liked my mod

@KingCrismon: Hm, I guess I know the problem that is happening to you. Send me an e-mail (my e-mail is in my profile). I think I know how to solve that.

The Portuguese Civ Mod III - Download at the Blacksmith
A mod that adds new civilizations, a new age, a new resource and introduces new gameplay features!
2nd place as Best Mod Pack in AoKH GOTY 2013 (PCM I) | 1st place as Best Mod Pack in AoKH GOTY 2015 (PCM II) | 2nd place as Best Mod Pack in AoKH GOTY 2017 (PCM III)

"And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful." - Revelation 21:5 (KJV)
posted 02-18-14 08:33 AM CT (US)     1440 / 1474  
@fr steve: Well, with danielpereira help (thanks dude), I fixed the problem. Now back to testing
posted 02-18-14 10:59 AM CT (US)     1441 / 1474  
Man you testing this 1 year. wow
As i see you cant install propely This, and now telling as you back to to testing,can you tell me something what you do for this project ?
posted 02-18-14 11:16 AM CT (US)     1442 / 1474  
Very good to hear that, King Thanks Daniel too^^

Mahir,

Thank you, these sounds are good Could you just do again 'Napad' and 'Ura'? Because they appear to be cut at the end, which sounds weird. Apart from that, they are good, although you have very 'young' voice, which will be funny for a soldier But I'll do with that, no problem!

"Vous vous rendez compte, la France est le seul pays au monde où l'on recycle toujours les mêmes hommes politiques, même lorsqu'ils ont échoué !" Nicolas Dupont-Aignan

AGE OF VOIVODS
posted 02-20-14 09:38 AM CT (US)     1443 / 1474  
As you see i am young, i Have 15 years.Ok i will do that,but now i am busy with my project. xD
Soon,maybe tomorrow

[This message has been edited by MahirSuljic (edited 02-20-2014 @ 09:46 AM).]

posted 02-25-14 05:47 PM CT (US)     1444 / 1474  
I wonder what would happen if you lowered the pitch of the recordings with a program like Audacity.

~`o´~|\  Join the fresh and exciting AI Ladder for its fourth season!
´ `  |_\
       |    Learn the joy of AI scripting in my guide: The World of AI Scripting
______|______
 \        /
   .....Hinga Dinga Durgen! - SpongeBob
  `-=<.__.>=-´
posted 03-02-14 08:43 AM CT (US)     1445 / 1474  
I didn't think about trying that with Mahir's sounds It's true I could try (I use Samplitude, it does good job generally), although lowering the pitch doesn't always give realistic results ; it often gives a Darth Vador's voice rather than a 30 years old man

AGE OF VOIVODS
posted 03-03-14 03:44 AM CT (US)     1446 / 1474  
Are you planing to release a beta

Ultimatrix is the ultimate unlimited Power .
posted 03-03-14 04:33 AM CT (US)     1447 / 1474  
Not for now, some units aren't finished yet. Nevertheless, I think I'll release the mod once all graphics are finished, even if the campaign isn't. All I want is the game not to look unfinished when it's released. Which means I should also think about finishing the interface menu.

AGE OF VOIVODS
posted 03-22-14 06:07 PM CT (US)     1448 / 1474  
@fr steve

Should I report my findings here or by email?
posted 03-23-14 07:33 AM CT (US)     1449 / 1474  
Here. It will be better, since all other betatesters won't have to report the same things

AGE OF VOIVODS
posted 03-24-14 02:25 PM CT (US)     1450 / 1474  
Very well. Here are some things I've found after some tests... There are more, but I still have to do more in-depth tests.

Typos:
In Ransom, thanks are written "tanks".
Bohemia UT is misspeled as "Wagenurg"
Sargeant at arms is misspeled as segeant at arms.

Lithuania trains Light Cavalry (and have White Russia which benefits boyars) and Denmark trains boyars. Although this is happening with me, in the other version, this was correct...

The Hanseat Kogge shows garrison/transport slots but can't carry anything.

The Byzantine Varangian Guard is supposed to upgrade to Sargeant at Arms? I think it could be nice to them to just have a upgrade in their stats instead of changing to Sargeant at Arms, but it is up to you...

Graphics: I know I'm not part of the graphics team, but I guess a opinion or other may help. I also don't know the current state of completion of the graphics. Anyway, here is:

-The taborite torch changes to a sword when walking.

-The almogavar mercenary attack animation is very fast. It swings the sword 3 times to actually give an attack.

-The Hirdmann helmet, although looks nice from behind, seems like paper-made when looking from front or from the sides.

Annexations: These annexations are properly working. But I would like to raise some discussion about these. It may be probable that these points I'm raising may be only resolved with feedback from a future open beta, with many opinions of the players.

-The Hungarian Royal Knight, with the Moravia annexation, is very strong. They are cheaper, with 311 HP (not counting nor Suzerainty nor Oligarchy), faster than the other Knights and with 6/11 armor... They seem really strong. I know that takes a lot of time and gold involved to take them to this point, but they are much stronger than most of the other units.

-For Bohemia, Moravia and Hussitism are not mutually exclusive. I know they may not meant to be, but may seem strange to research both a catholic tech and a protestant/heretic tech...

-Epirus annexation for Bulgaria could be overpowered, because their unique unit is a low range building destroyer, which in practice make them very effective.

At last, could Bogomilism and Hussitism be a little turn down to research because they are Imperial Age techs and Heresy is available in Castle Age?

For now, this is what I got. I hope it helps. Thanks
posted 03-24-14 05:39 PM CT (US)     1451 / 1474  
@King Crimson
In your "Typos" list, "Segeant at arms" is in fact misspelled, but the proper spelling is "Sergeant at Arms."
posted 04-03-14 07:03 AM CT (US)     1452 / 1474  
Fr steve one note for you:
I am MahirSuljic and that is my nick
but i now create true acc,
and here is something for you, soryy because i late:
(napad and ura)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/b9sjgi
posted 04-25-14 09:58 AM CT (US)     1453 / 1474  
Hi,
Where can I download this Age of Voivods Mod ?
Thanks !
posted 04-25-14 10:00 AM CT (US)     1454 / 1474  
You can't at this point. The mod is not finished.
posted 04-26-14 03:55 AM CT (US)     1455 / 1474  
Thank you Mahir. This is good sounds

Yoocris, as Dead_End said, the mod isn't finished. I'm really slow on progressing on it those times because I'm in exam periods and also work on other stuff. So you still need to wait...

AGE OF VOIVODS
posted 05-04-14 02:19 AM CT (US)     1456 / 1474  
Something new ?
posted 11-24-14 12:02 PM CT (US)     1457 / 1474  
Hey fr steve I think I saw that you had an AoM Ulfsark type unit at some point. I was wondering if I could use him in a mod. Or maybe we could make a trade, off the top of my head maybe this hill fort would be something to look at. I'm also planning on doing some variations of the woad warrior and some cavalry archers if you'd be interested in those when I get to them?

posted 12-04-14 12:17 PM CT (US)     1458 / 1474  
Hi Dynasty!

Sorry for this very late answer (uni, you know...). Well, I don't see what unit you think about when you say Ulfsark Do you have a screenshot, or could you describe me more, because I really can't see what unit you're talking about

But if an other unit interests you, you can still ask if you think it's interesting for your mod. On my side, yes your hill fort could be useful for a Scandinavian citadel in AOV, but I like your units above all Perhaps in my future Total Conversion mods they will be useful, so I'll ask you then

AGE OF VOIVODS
posted 12-04-14 01:13 PM CT (US)     1459 / 1474  
Yeah that's cool. I thought if ask about it because it looks very similar to an age of mythology unit. It's that little guy with the wolf skin on his head on page 39 of this post. He's in the picture of and outpost with some archers.
posted 12-05-14 03:20 PM CT (US)     1460 / 1474  
The work so far looks great! Looking forward its release... whenever that may be
posted 02-23-15 07:54 AM CT (US)     1461 / 1474  
Where can i download this mod? It's dead yet? :c
posted 03-01-15 03:01 AM CT (US)     1462 / 1474  
Hi i'm from Lithuania and i can help you with the language. skype: ugnius.mastas2000
email: uugnytix@gmail.com
posted 03-10-15 09:15 AM CT (US)     1463 / 1474  
What I actually need would be a Moldovan archer Dave3377 didn't finish (i wish he came back ).
I know. I'm sorry. When I put all the attacking frames together the bow string animation never looked right. I tried to fix it, but then my computer was stolen. I had most of my stuff backed up on an old computer, but the archer was the one unit that I had worked on exclusively on the newer computer (which was stolen).

I've regretted not being able to come through on that project ever since. Maybe I'll give it another shot, if you still need it (although the new archer unit looks really cool too). Either way my progress in modding is rather sporadic these days. So I can't commit to a timeline.
posted 03-27-15 07:25 AM CT (US)     1464 / 1474  
I can help you with the Moldavian language for the mod; i really want to play this mod cause your Viking buildings are SO AWESOME.

[This message has been edited by Akurineko (edited 03-27-2015 @ 07:26 AM).]

posted 04-02-15 07:09 AM CT (US)     1465 / 1474  
Steve, I'd desparately need your help again, with something I've asked before. The civ's stream sounds you are/were going to use can I have a few samples to choose from for my own project? Fair credit and mutual help are/have always been assured from my side.

If you can read this, mail me some mp3s to either ijo733014417@aol.com or iotchev@em.uni-frankfurt.de... the mp3s I once send you are also welcome, but a few more would be really nice.

Really, thanks much in advance if you find the time!!
posted 04-24-15 04:11 AM CT (US)     1466 / 1474  
Hi everyone! Long time no see

Ivo,

I sent you the files you needed at your Frankfurt adress. Thanks for your proposition anyway, your Bolgar cavalry at the Blacksmith is wonderful BTW, so I keep hesitating about creating a new unit in AoV because of it Also, I improved the decay graphics for your Szlachcic unit. Should I send you the .slp so that you update it at the Blacksmith?

Dynasty_IV,

Sorry for only answeting you now. The Ulfsark is from Achesun, probably for one of his projects. Ask him if not already done. And keep up the good work for Age of Civilizations, your units are being more and more beautiful

Akurineko,

Thank you! I already have Romanian sounds, but if you speak Moldovan dialect, perhaps this is worth adding new sounds for the Moldavians. How many voices can you provide? A civ needs 5 voices : 4 male ones for male villager, soldier, monk and king, and 1 female one for the female villager. What voices do you think you can provide?

Dave,

No problem You already made a lot of job, and your latest Huscarl at the Blacksmith would be a perfect Varangian guard or Viking warrior.

LTFiremanKUM,

I sent you an email weeks ago. Did you receive it? Thanks a lot for your proposition, I'm desperately in need if Lithuanian and Ukrainian

King Crimson,

I didn't thank you for your last report, sorry... and thank you ^^

Elmir,

I had a problem with your sounds on my computer, and now I cannot re-download them Do you still have them somewhere? If yes, may you reupload them please? Thanks again for your help!

Thanks again everyone for your continuous support, it really helps continuing this mod I'll upload some screenshots soon to show this mod is far from being dead. I just came back on it some days ago and fixed among other things the Hanseatic scenario. Hope I will translate him fast so that my betatesters can test them.

My brother is also gonna make new sails with 3D for some civs (but you'll have to guess which ), and of course, once it's done, a little screenshot will be there

AGE OF VOIVODS

[This message has been edited by fr steve (edited 04-24-2015 @ 04:11 AM).]

posted 04-24-15 08:09 AM CT (US)     1467 / 1474  
Nice to see you around, Steve!

~ Forgotten Empires ~

Storm on the Steppe | Galderton Hill RP | Proud member of Stormwind Studios

"Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama; ek veit einn at aldri deyr, dómr um dauðan hvern." - Hávamál 77.
posted 04-24-15 08:17 AM CT (US)     1468 / 1474  
Hey Steve.
Emm.. I'm happy you come back man. Btw if you need for Serbian speak, may be you can take the sound from my mod

[This message has been edited by Bala Arizalu (edited 11-28-2015 @ 03:40 PM).]

posted 04-24-15 08:22 AM CT (US)     1469 / 1474  
Hey Steve!
Welcome back!

And, by the way, I have sent you a bug report on AoV some months ago, but, well, it seems that you didn't receive it, so, here it is:

-There is a.... strange bug with the hanseatic scenario: sometimes, if you save it before invading the island or right after invading it, the game will crash if this savegame is played or if the scenario is played after having a crash with the savegame. I would recommend you to check that scenario and also to check if you have done anything weird or unusual to AI (since the crash hex address could point to a AI-related crash) or to gates (since the crash SEEMS to happen after that orange gate is destroyed.
-I noticed that the .drs in the installer I sent you doesn't seem to have Bulgarian and Serbian voices. Sorry for that!
-Not really a bug, but in the Russian scenario enemies spam monks in late game
-It looks like that there is a way to fix the Death match bug: give a look in AoFE's standard AI. It has some sort of STM AI DM fix folder. I would recommend giving a look in that.

And sorry for not sending more testing reports last year. I have been busy with study and with the development of my own mod.
I was actually supposed to send that report a year ago, but I didn't "elaborate" the report, and I ended up not even sending it. I'm sorry for that!

The Portuguese Civ Mod III - Download at the Blacksmith
A mod that adds new civilizations, a new age, a new resource and introduces new gameplay features!
2nd place as Best Mod Pack in AoKH GOTY 2013 (PCM I) | 1st place as Best Mod Pack in AoKH GOTY 2015 (PCM II) | 2nd place as Best Mod Pack in AoKH GOTY 2017 (PCM III)

"And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful." - Revelation 21:5 (KJV)
posted 04-24-15 11:18 AM CT (US)     1470 / 1474  
-There is a.... strange bug with the hanseatic scenario: sometimes, if you save it before invading the island or right after invading it, the game will crash if this savegame is played or if the scenario is played after having a crash with the savegame. I would recommend you to check that scenario and also to check if you have done anything weird or unusual to AI (since the crash hex address could point to a AI-related crash) or to gates (since the crash SEEMS to happen after that orange gate is destroyed.
I noticed this too. Also, apologies for sort of dropping of the face of the earth - I've been quite busy with uni, among other things. In the future I hope to be able to help you with the scenario translations again if you need it!

~ Forgotten Empires ~

Storm on the Steppe | Galderton Hill RP | Proud member of Stormwind Studios

"Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama; ek veit einn at aldri deyr, dómr um dauðan hvern." - Hávamál 77.
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 41 42 43  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Mod Design and Discussion » Age of Voivods
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames