You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Mod Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, John the Late

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Continuous Modded Screenshot Competition I - Final Theme: "Death from above"
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
posted 07-17-15 11:43 AM CT (US)   

Welcome to the first installment of The Continuous Modded Screenshot Competition!

______HOW IT WORKS______

The Continuous Modded Screenshot Competition is an open and ongoing competition that is based on AOK's original Continuous Screenshot Competition. The idea of this competition is that unlike the normal CSC this competition allows and encourages the use of graphical mods that add to and enhance the competitors screenshots. Every entry must include at least one graphical change or addition from the original vanilla editor to qualify for the round.

Each round has a certain category that is selected by the winner of the previous round. Contests must then submit a screenshot showing their interpretation of that category using any Mod Pack they wish. The screenshots must be made in the AOK editor with the Mod Pack installed. The screenshot can be related to the title literally or abstractly, as long as you can give an explanation of why you say your screenshot relates to the category in hand and doesn't defy any of the rules stated below, it goes in. Make your screenshot as literal, creative or imaginative as you like - as long as it's related to the category in at least one way! OK, so you’ve got your screenshot all in and ready, what happens next? After the given time, which is usually 5 days if we've got enough entries to be competed (obviously it's not a competition if there's only one entry), the time for entrants will be closed, and then people who did not enter can vote for the screenshot they like. After around three days on average, the person with the most votes is the winner, and they chose the next category - which is why it is a continuous cycle!

_________CURRENT COMPETITION_________

6. Category: Death from above
Status: Closed. (Voting closed on the 1st of November at 11:59 PM forum time, thread closed on Novmber 10th.)

Entries:
  • Elder Terrier
  • Vardamir - 1 (TriRem)

_________RULES_________

• This is an open competition. No need to sign up, just post a screenshot that abides to the selected category.
  • A category cannot be reused, at least until 100 rounds after it was last used.
  • You may only enter one screenshot per category.
  • You may only enter as an individual; no team efforts.
  • The previous winner cannot compete in the competition he/she set the category for, but can, in the case of a tie, cast the tie-breaker vote.
  • In the event that the winner cannot choose the next category a Super Special Bonkers Bonus Round will take place (any screenshot can be entered as long as it conforms to the other rules).
  • Regarding editing your screenshot, you can remove toolbars or change the screenshot's border for decorative reasons, but you may not to edit the base of your actual screenshot, nor may you insert external elements. You are also not allowed to create comic-strip images combining multiple screenshots. Any text or effects you implement must not interfere with the screenshot. Voters are reminded the content of the screenshot is what is being judged, not editing it afterward in a paint program.
  • No mapshots. (In other words, no using a full map shot of an entire scenario/map)
  • All Screenshots must include at least one graphical mod. This can either be one created for the screenshot or downloaded from the Blacksmith or Steam Workshop
  • The use of Age of Empires HD and The Forgotten Expansion is allowed.
  • AoKTS, AGE, and other forms of data editing are allowed.
  • No taking screenshots from campaigns/scenarios that you did not create.
  • Screenshots must be made only for this competition. You are allowed to use screenshots from campaigns you are working on yourself, but screenshots should be made for the competition.
  • The usual time for entries is 5 days, but if there have been less than 2 screenshots submitted, there will be an extension of the deadline.
  • Competition and voting statuses will close at 11:59pm forum time on the designated deadline.
  • The previous winner and the selector of the category MAY vote.
  • If you are participating in the current competition, you CAN vote for fellow contestants if you want (when you're feeling so humble), but you CAN NOT vote for yourself for obvious reasons.
  • No editing of your screenshot once it has been posted as an entry for the competition (no editing the content/scenery). However Editing typos/spelling errors in text included with/in your screenshot IS allowed
  • If you are caught trying to make smurf accounts or getting people to sign up to AoKH so they can vote for you, and they never post and they only use their registration to give you a vote, you will be disqualified from the week, and for a further length of time based on my discretion . All voters must have an open account at HG. Trying to fix the ballot is a very serious rule, and any attempt to break this rule will have serious consequences.
  • No flaming other forumers. Criticism of people's work must be constructive.
  • Don't whine if you did not win, better luck next time.
  • Have fun, and try hard!

_________Useful Info_________

• To take a screenshot, press the "Print Screen" on your keyboard - the picture will be then saved under "Screenshots" in your AoK files (My Computer -> Progam Files -> Microsoft Games -> Age of Empires II -> Screenshot)
  • F11 removes the game time from view. F4 removes the player scores.

Some image hosters that DO NOT require REGISTRATION:
  • http://imgur.com/ (recommended)
  • http://www.imagehost.org/
  • http://tinypic.com/

Some image hosters that DO require REGISTRATION:
  • http://photobucket.com
  • http://www.flickr.com/

Some Mod Packs that will be useful for competitors
  • Forgotten Empires Mod
  • Age of Chivalry: Hegemony
  • Tales of Middle Earth

_________Hall of Fame_________

1. City Scene: Jan dc - (5 Votes)
    2. The Horde: Achesun - (4 Votes)
    3. The Tournament: TriRem - (5 Votes)
    4. Under Seige: Jan dc - (5 Votes)
    5. Hall of Kings: TriRem - (2 Votes)

Affiliates
    Age of Kings Heaven's Continuous Screenshot Competition

[This message has been edited by John the Late (edited 11-10-2015 @ 11:24 PM).]

• Replies:
    posted 07-30-15 08:22 PM CT (US)     71 / 141  
    Vote: TriRem

~ Forgotten Empires ~

Storm on the Steppe | Galderton Hill RP | Proud member of Stormwind Studios

"Deyr fé, deyja frćndr, deyr sjálfr it sama; ek veit einn at aldri deyr, dómr um dauđan hvern." - Hávamál 77.
    posted 07-31-15 02:31 AM CT (US)     72 / 141  
    Vote: Achesun

Quality is not an act, it is a habit.
    posted 07-31-15 05:04 AM CT (US)     73 / 141  
    Vote: danielpereira
    posted 08-01-15 04:03 AM CT (US)     74 / 141  
    posted 08-01-15 06:55 AM CT (US)     75 / 141  

posted 08-01-15 10:08 AM CT (US)     76 / 141  
    VOTE: TriRem
    posted 08-02-15 04:49 AM CT (US)     77 / 141  
    I also have sent an Email to TriRem for the direct download link
    posted 08-03-15 08:41 PM CT (US)     78 / 141  
    Vote: Achesun

~`o´~|\  Join the fresh and exciting AI Ladder for its fourth season!
    ´ `  |_\
           |    Learn the joy of AI scripting in my guide: The World of AI Scripting
    ______|______
     \        /
       .....Hinga Dinga Durgen! - SpongeBob
      `-=<.__.>=-´
    posted 08-04-15 05:54 AM CT (US)     79 / 141  
    posted 08-04-15 06:43 AM CT (US)     80 / 141  
    Thanks, everyone.

Well, I think the next category could be "the Tournament".
    posted 08-04-15 07:01 AM CT (US)     81 / 141  
    posted 08-04-15 07:12 AM CT (US)     82 / 141  
    posted 08-04-15 08:15 AM CT (US)     83 / 141  
    posted 08-04-15 11:46 AM CT (US)     84 / 141  
    Congratulations, Achesun!

The Portuguese Civ Mod III - Download at the Blacksmith
    A mod that adds new civilizations, a new age, a new resource and introduces new gameplay features!
    2nd place as Best Mod Pack in AoKH GOTY 2013 (PCM I) | 1st place as Best Mod Pack in AoKH GOTY 2015 (PCM II) | 2nd place as Best Mod Pack in AoKH GOTY 2017 (PCM III)

"And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful." - Revelation 21:5 (KJV)
    posted 08-04-15 03:53 PM CT (US)     85 / 141  
    Thanks for those who voted for me, but Achesun's was the best, congratulations !

Fluctuat nec mergitur.

[This message has been edited by TriRem (edited 08-04-2015 @ 03:53 PM).]

posted 08-07-15 10:01 AM CT (US)     86 / 141  
    Anyone have an entry?

~`o´~|\  Join the fresh and exciting AI Ladder for its fourth season!
    ´ `  |_\
           |    Learn the joy of AI scripting in my guide: The World of AI Scripting
    ______|______
     \        /
       .....Hinga Dinga Durgen! - SpongeBob
      `-=<.__.>=-´
    posted 08-07-15 03:23 PM CT (US)     87 / 141  
    If the deadline is extended to tomorrow I will certainly have time to make one. But right now I can't.

Fluctuat nec mergitur.
    posted 08-07-15 06:33 PM CT (US)     88 / 141  
    The usual time for entries is 5 days, but if there have been less than 2 screenshots submitted, there will be an extension of the deadline.
    Go for it

AoK: Realms
    Adds Armenians, Balts, Bamars, Bohemians, Bulgars, Burgundians, Chimus, Dutch, Helvetians, Jurchens, Khmers, Malays, Mandinkas, Moors, Muisca, Tamils, Tufans, Turcomans, and Viets

Proteus and Genie Converter - AKX installers for modern times
    posted 08-07-15 07:32 PM CT (US)     89 / 141  
    posted 08-16-15 01:01 AM CT (US)     90 / 141  
    Deadline is over,But I think as there is no entries,I can still submit entry
    My entry
    Using PCM II

[This message has been edited by Shyam prasad (edited 08-16-2015 @ 01:08 AM).]

posted 08-16-15 08:15 AM CT (US)     91 / 141  
    Sounds a very interesting competition.
    posted 08-18-15 08:24 PM CT (US)     92 / 141  
    I didn't have much idea but there's my entry, using my mod. Not the most original one but hopefully we can start voting !

Plus I did it using a Mac, you have no idea how painful this is

Fluctuat nec mergitur.
    posted 08-18-15 09:25 PM CT (US)     93 / 141  

~ Forgotten Empires ~

Storm on the Steppe | Galderton Hill RP | Proud member of Stormwind Studios

"Deyr fé, deyja frćndr, deyr sjálfr it sama; ek veit einn at aldri deyr, dómr um dauđan hvern." - Hávamál 77.
    posted 08-19-15 02:12 AM CT (US)     94 / 141  
    posted 08-19-15 07:13 AM CT (US)     95 / 141  
    Vote: Trirem

Also, those knights look awesome.

Quality is not an act, it is a habit.
    posted 08-19-15 08:01 AM CT (US)     96 / 141  

Btw. we need a good overview of the current entries... I am not even sure I've seen all entries for this one, are they two?
    posted 08-19-15 09:08 AM CT (US)     97 / 141  

I was going to submit an entry of mine own, but I was too lazy to finish it 11

The Portuguese Civ Mod III - Download at the Blacksmith
    A mod that adds new civilizations, a new age, a new resource and introduces new gameplay features!
    2nd place as Best Mod Pack in AoKH GOTY 2013 (PCM I) | 1st place as Best Mod Pack in AoKH GOTY 2015 (PCM II) | 2nd place as Best Mod Pack in AoKH GOTY 2017 (PCM III)

"And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful." - Revelation 21:5 (KJV)
    posted 08-19-15 09:09 AM CT (US)     98 / 141  
    @Khan Ivayl: Yes, there are only two entries!
    posted 08-21-15 04:01 AM CT (US)     99 / 141  
    TriRem should probably choose a new theme.
    posted 08-21-15 10:27 PM CT (US)     100 / 141  
    I agree he should select the next round.
    posted 08-22-15 08:07 AM CT (US)     101 / 141  
    I am happy that I and TriRem saved this contest from being inactive.Now it it is time for TriRem to choose a new theme
    posted 08-22-15 04:59 PM CT (US)     102 / 141  
    Ok I think we can call it now.
    Thanks to all who voted for me guys !

Next theme : Under siege

Fluctuat nec mergitur.
    posted 08-25-15 07:00 AM CT (US)     103 / 141  
    Good theme, I'll try and send something in. Closing date is the 27th?

Kor | The Age of Chivalry is upon us!
    Wellent ich gugk, so hindert mich / köstlicher ziere sinder,
    Der ich e pflag, da für ich sich / Neur kelber, gaiss, böck, rinder,
    Und knospot leut, swarz, hässeleich, / Vast rüssig gen dem winder;
    Die geben müt als sackwein vich. / Vor angst slach ich mein kinder
    Offt hin hinder.
    posted 08-25-15 08:04 AM CT (US)     104 / 141  
    My entree

Looks familiar?
    posted 08-25-15 12:10 PM CT (US)     105 / 141  
    This is from an unfinished scenario waiting for a new mod release

My monitor is not half so large as it needs to be for this, and right now I like it less than half as well as it deserves.

AoK: Realms
    Adds Armenians, Balts, Bamars, Bohemians, Bulgars, Burgundians, Chimus, Dutch, Helvetians, Jurchens, Khmers, Malays, Mandinkas, Moors, Muisca, Tamils, Tufans, Turcomans, and Viets

Proteus and Genie Converter - AKX installers for modern times
    « Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
    Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Mod Design and Discussion » The Continuous Modded Screenshot Competition I - Final Theme: "Death from above"
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames