Mod Packs » New buildings

Download File Post Review Post Comment

New buildings

Author File Description
Furik91
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Here's a collection of buildings.
The zip file contains: Screens of all buildings, and the .Slp files of 7 Canon Foundrys, 7 Inns, and 14 Barracks. (Including Nordic and italian graphics)

http://imageshack.us/a/img521/3195/sinttulo1rl.jpg
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Mahazona those are some great looking stuff.thank you
fr steve Your buildings are very pretty, but I didn't see a credits file in your .zip. Don't forget indeed that the Scandinavian buildings you did remain originally made by me. So I don't mind you use and modify them, but please, not only ask before, but add also my name in your credits.
Furik91
File Author
Oh sorry.. I just forgot it, I don't mind that the graphics are made by me (It's just a collection) but yes, I will include the credits in a .txt.. Sorry again.

Credits to:
Original Scandinavian graph: frsteve.
Original Italian graph: Kor.
Inn modified from the original, made by monsterslayer.
Mr Wednesday
(id: matty12345)
Staff
Official Reviewer
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty3.5
Quality/Instructions3.5
Usefulness/Novelty: 3.5
This mod is fairly useful, not to mention comprehensive. It provides two barracks variations for seven different architecture styles, and one tavern (inn) and foundry graphic each. Because there are so many styles, most users will undoubtedly find at least one that fits their scenario or project.

Unfortunately, this mod isn't terribly novel. The Italian graphics are already available in Age of Chivalry, and the rest are often so similar to AoK graphics as to be hardly worth the effort of implementing in game. Some of the variations are so slight that there is really just no point to them.

Quality/Instructions: 3.5
The quality is good for copy and paste, though not elite. There are pieces of architecture which are cut off suddenly or not centered properly; Player color patches that stay blue no matter the player color; additions onto some buildings hang out over their selection squares; anchors are not all properly set; poor attention to light and shadow; etc.

Still, I've seen a lot worse, and these buildings with a few tweaks here and there are very usable. The file graciously includes both slp's and bmp's, and is well laid out and named. Users should have no trouble adding the graphics to their projects, one way or another.

Additional Comments:
It's a decent mod. But poor attention to detail, the direct usage of graphics already found in better mods, and the insignificance of many of the design variations makes this mod only decent, not great.
wmhegel wa i like the scandinavian desing of Furik91, with
credit of fr steve (voivods), but can you tell me where ther are more viking desing
G omega They'r great exept too realistic element that not fit whit the rest of the sprites style.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty3.5
Quality/Instructions3.5
Statistics