Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Ages
posted 16 April 2001 11:57 PM EDT (US)   
I wonder if there will be ages you go through like in AOE and AOK? What do you guys think?

[Spounge84, the spongiest sponge around!
[Zone Name - Tonto_Spounge84
[I will always be the greatest!
Replies:
posted 16 April 2001 11:58 PM EDT (US)     1 / 5  
I'd say its a near certainty.
posted 17 April 2001 00:00 AM EDT (US)     2 / 5  
I hope...
I hope there will be more than just 4 ages like in AOE.
10 would be ideal for me.
posted 17 April 2001 00:07 AM EDT (US)     3 / 5  
Good question! I hadn't even thought of that. Does it really make sense to go through "Ages" in technological advancement when you have gods interacting with your daily events?

One idea is that maybe the heavenly involvement goes down as your culture advances. This would be pretty contrary to the standard RTS idea of having the most impressive weapons at the end of the game, so I doubt they would go for it. I don't think it would be much fun to lose all your godly power at the end of the game.

The "ages" certainly divided up the game nicely for balancing purposed in AOE/AOK, and ES has a lot of experience balancing a game with ages, so expect them to try and fit it in as best as they can.

My website
Play Odd Man In, the web based game of guns and game theory!
My HG career summed up in one post
posted 17 April 2001 00:09 AM EDT (US)     4 / 5  
hmmm... i was about to post that more powerful gods/creatures would be avaliable in the later stages, but i didn't want to get any "no duh" (or a harsher word) replied....

i guess we'll have to wait and see on this one, huh?
maybe something like the tests of hercules?

chirp chirp
LKS member
www.lonelyknights.com

posted 17 April 2001 02:37 AM EDT (US)     5 / 5  
Well, in response to this, I can't point you to the exact post, but in one of the "Ask Sandy" threads, he said to expect all of the hallmarks of an ES RTS and specifically mentioned advancing through the ages. I know he's not even working on AOM, but on the strength of that I'd still make book on it.
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Ages
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames