Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Useful AoM Downloads
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 20 July 2003 10:44 AM EDT (US)   
I've seen questions about downloads asked many times throughout AoMH so I've decided to compile a list of helpful/useful downloads for newbies and veterans alike.

Latest update: Added "Triggers List and Tutorial." Open to contributions.

Practical Downloads

MiCroSlave's Enhanced Tooltips (Rating: *****)
Detailed description of units, buildings, relics, god powers, god bonuses and upgrades; highly recommended for those who want to know exact figures of everything.
* Requires the AoM Text Editor (see Other Downloads)

Villager Count Utility (Rating: *****)
This utility help helps you keep track of how many villagers you have gathering each resource; useful for following build orders and managing your economy.

Sim of Mythology 1.42 (Rating: ****)
Test units against each other in a program which simulates actual gameplay (including factors such as range and bonus attacks); great tool for testing counters but cannot accurately test myth and hero special attacks.

Scenario Editing

Trigger List and Tutorial (Rating: Unrated)
A 13-page tutorial listing the effects and conditions of triggers.

Extra Features Patch (Rating: *****)
Zoom in more, rotate buildings in-game and some extra scenario editor features; definitely something you should get if you want to make screenshots.

CheeZy's Camera Pitch Template (Rating: ****)
Adjust the camera pitch (angle) in the scenario editor; another must have for scenario designers who want to take screenshots at a different angle.

Other Downloads

AoM Text Editor (Rating: *****)
Edit unit descriptions, building descriptions and every single word that is shown on an AoM screen including messages; useful if you want to change default AoM text for any reason.

Relics Modpack (Rating *****)
Enjoy 11 extra relic models in addition to the default lantern model (extracted from the AoM beta); a very nice mod which randomly generates a different model for relics.

Change Player Color (Rating: ***)
Instead of always being the default blue color in single player, this download lets you change your player color.

Notes: The PlanetAOM Recorded Games Manager link was removed because the forum can't parse the link properly anymore (it worked last time).

Can't find the download you're looking for? Search the entire AoMH downloads database! Downloads Central

[This message has been edited by The Great Dover Demon (edited 09-01-2003 @ 01:03 AM).]

Replies:
posted 20 July 2003 11:57 AM EDT (US)     1 / 39  
There is no Readme for the change color player download. Where do you put the file?
posted 20 July 2003 12:14 PM EDT (US)     2 / 39  
Thanks for the villager count utility. I was looking for that
posted 20 July 2003 05:06 PM EDT (US)     3 / 39  
Some people say there are some errors with Microslave's Enhanced Tooltips package but even if there are I still find it a great help. Basically it gives you exact figures for different things, like what relics do or what multipliers different units get. You can download it here.
Can anyone give me a reason not to use this?

Yes folks it's me!!!!
posted 20 July 2003 05:17 PM EDT (US)     4 / 39  
Good I wanted the villie count. Thanks. Um...how do I get the villie count working?

Silence is beauty, words only complicate the task.
Gods of the season lead me to my next incident.
Success is so tragic.

[This message has been edited by cndsniper (edited 07-20-2003 @ 07:56 PM).]

posted 21 July 2003 00:06 AM EDT (US)     5 / 39  
spyrofire23:

Quote:

Author's Description
This zipfile contains an .xml file called playercolors and a text document with a listing of the default player colors.

Unzip this file somewhere easy to use (desktop)

The text document "Default Player Colors" simply lists the color given to each player number.

The .xml file "playercolors" is that file that you will edit. Right click on this file, and select "open with". Choose either notepad or wordpad and you will see a text document of the player numbers followed by a color configuration.

How to change color:While viewing in notepad or wordpad
simply switch the player numbers.
Example: I like player 11's color Dark Grey better than Blue (use the text document to view what player has what color)so I simply change the player #1 to an 11 and #11 to a 1. You can also change the actual hue numbers to get different shades and stuff. After you've got the players with the color you want, click on file and select save. Put this file in the data subfolder of the Age of Mythology folder. You can change the file back to original settings or whatever setting you chose from in it's new location.

To disable file:Once you've run the game with this file in the data folder, a backup file called playercolors.xmb will be made. Be sure to delete both the playercolors.xml and the playercolors.xmb to get rid of the settings. This only needs to be done if you want the files deleated for good. Otherwise you can just change the settings in the .xml to the orginals and it will resume the default setting colors.

J_Bone:

Thanks for the link, I forgot about that (even though I have it myself. I'll add it on now.

cndsniper:

Quote:

To use it, put "uimain.xmb" in the \Age of Mythology\data folder and launch aom.

How to uninstall:

delete \Age of Mythology\data\uimain.xmb

posted 21 July 2003 00:59 AM EDT (US)     6 / 39  
Yeah that's the problem there is no "unmain.xmb"

Success is so tragic.
posted 21 July 2003 01:03 AM EDT (US)     7 / 39  
There's no uimain.xmb in the zip file?
posted 21 July 2003 01:11 AM EDT (US)     8 / 39  
Oh unzip, duh. LOL.

Success is so tragic.
posted 21 July 2003 12:42 PM EDT (US)     9 / 39  
Great list. I finally got a computer worthy of playing AoM more often and I was going to look for these tools.

Wasn't there an "AOM Manager" or something? I think it let you manage recorded files or something? If someone could provide the link to that, I would appreciate it.

~This sig intentionally left blank~
posted 21 July 2003 01:14 PM EDT (US)     10 / 39  
Thanks for all the positive feedback.

I can't find this AoM Manager you mention, but there's a utility that lets you manage addons. What functions does this program you speak of have?

posted 21 July 2003 01:23 PM EDT (US)     11 / 39  
The AoM Manager is just an interface that lets you manage stuff like recorded games, your friends list etc etc from one location. It looks pretty nifty.

It's over on MFO... sort of. I was actually going to download this last night, but MFO only links to it. It's really hosted on the LKS site, but I went there and was unable to access it so I don't know what's up.

Btw, the Relics Modpack doesn't seem to work. I have it, and I know it used to work fine, but now it doesn't. That file (relic_anim?) that it says to replace in the anim folder doesn't exist either. It's probably just me

posted 21 July 2003 01:26 PM EDT (US)     12 / 39  
Hmm, the relics modpack works for me and I like the extra animations.

relic_anim doesn't exist, you're right just paste it in the folder and it should work.

posted 21 July 2003 02:14 PM EDT (US)     13 / 39  
I found this thread which introduced the Beta version. No mention of it anymore on that website though. Perhaps nobody is supporting it anymore.

http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=1,10807,,all

~This sig intentionally left blank~
posted 21 July 2003 04:17 PM EDT (US)     14 / 39  
I downloaded the AoM sim 1.35, and it says that a needed .DLL file, MSVBVM60.DLL, wasn't found. Where can I get this file?
posted 21 July 2003 04:44 PM EDT (US)     15 / 39  
posted 22 July 2003 00:02 AM EDT (US)     16 / 39  
Blotter, it isn't supported anymore in fact I can't even find the download link, so I won't put it up here.

JustinY2k, that usually means you need to do a Windows Update. Try that.

Ekanta, thanks for the official website, I've put it up now.

posted 28 July 2003 12:49 PM EDT (US)     17 / 39  
Updates:
- SoM updated to 1.41
posted 01 August 2003 05:02 AM EDT (US)     18 / 39  
cool, never seen this thread before, they should sticky this one
posted 01 August 2003 05:08 AM EDT (US)     19 / 39  
for future referance

for any dll file enter it exactly in google followed by the magic word DOWNLOAD

problem solved

PS2MAN
The Mythod Clan Burns To Ashes
Long Live The Phoenix!!!!
Phoenix_PS2MAN an Norse Wars Expert

Currently Recuriting Experienced NW UK Players.
posted 01 August 2003 05:09 AM EDT (US)     20 / 39  
but then you have to know the exact name and not all ppl do. (like me)
posted 01 August 2003 07:26 AM EDT (US)     21 / 39  
I wouldn't mind a sticky thread but there are already too many. I think some of the older threads like the map contest and the map contest entries threads should be unstickied or put into a special forum called Past Forum Events (or something like that). And then all the guides could be compiled into one neat thread where the foruming guide, forum party guide and my AoM FAQ could be put into. That would reduce a lot of clutter.
posted 01 August 2003 07:46 AM EDT (US)     22 / 39  
jup, true there are already a lot of sticky things here
posted 01 August 2003 09:01 AM EDT (US)     23 / 39  
I was actually looking for those enhanced tooltips thx
posted 01 August 2003 10:26 AM EDT (US)     24 / 39  
I have a question to the enhanced tooltips.

Are this the ones with upgrade exact percentage (like Bronze Shield = + 25% pierce armor), gathering rates and so on? If yes is it the file replacing the game's entire Language.dll making from my german version an eglish one?
If yes do you know about any german version of these enhanced tooltips?

Huh, pretty many questions... It would be great if you could answer them.

*crosses fingers*

posted 01 August 2003 11:19 AM EDT (US)     25 / 39  

Quote:

Are this the ones with upgrade exact percentage (like Bronze Shield = + 25% pierce armor), gathering rates and so on? If yes is it the file replacing the game's entire Language.dll making from my german version an eglish one?
If yes do you know about any german version of these enhanced tooltips?

- Yes, this is the one with the exact percentages and what each and every upgrade/unit does.

- To use the enhanced tooltips, you need to also get Vachu's Text Editor. You use the text editor program to open the enhanced tooltips file and load them (now the enhanced tooltips will be displayed), but your German language files aren't actually deleted.

The program automatically backs up your existing language file so if you want to switch back to your default language file later on, just open and load the language file with the program.

- As far as I know, there's no German version of enhanced tooltips unfortunately.

posted 01 August 2003 11:36 AM EDT (US)     26 / 39  
Too bad. Not that english would represent any sort of problem for me. I just got used to the german tooltips so...
It would be cool if only the added stuff would be added but this actually replaces the whole text (like menu, and the whole original text)so it isn't worth bothering for me because I want to have it as i bought it.
Anyway thanks for your answer

btw i had this already installed but it was less fun for me

posted 05 August 2003 08:47 AM EDT (US)     27 / 39  
Update:

Added recorded games manage to whoever asked for it.

posted 06 August 2003 05:23 AM EDT (US)     28 / 39  
Update: Removed link because it doesn't parse properly.
posted 06 August 2003 05:28 AM EDT (US)     29 / 39  
maybe you could add the Titans menu... but if it is useful... probably not
posted 06 August 2003 07:22 AM EDT (US)     30 / 39  
gj
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Useful AoM Downloads
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames