You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: the avenger
posted 05 November 2003 06:46 PM EDT (US)   
this is a story writen by DragitronX

added:

bibliography:

http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=1&tn=16396&f=1,16396,0,10&st=0

http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=1&tn=16396&f=1,16396,0,10&st=30

by DragitronX
title:The Avenger (my fanfic)

the whole story so far:

Prologue: The Birth

Kastor looked at his wife, Physialla. His wife was cradling their son, a newly born boy. Physialla was cooing the baby, while Kastor strided around the room. The husband and wife were waiting for someone…. Soon, a knock can be heard on the door. Kastor opened the door, and a smile flitted across his face.
“I came as soon as I heard,” said a black woman with a shield and hooked weapon.
“I’m glad you came Amanra,” replied Kastor.
Queen Amanra glanced around the room. Her eyes fell on the baby; she smiled as she leaped over the crib. She turned around before greeting the baby and Physialla.
“Hello little one, and greetings Physialla.”
Physialla smiled at the nice Nubian. She cradled the baby more, when a huge bash made a hole in the door. The baby cried as Kastor walked to the door. Opening it, Kastor’s quick reflexes use his staff to block the shield.
“Oh, a great way to come, scaring the kid!” Kastor said.
A gruff voice replied, “Oh, I didn’t mean to, I was knocking and you didn’t open the door. I was about to pull off the door!”
Kastor shook his head before letting King Ajax come in. Just then, three people strode in the room also. Odysseus, his wife Penelope, and his son Telemachus. Odysseus grinned at Kastor, before approaching the crib. Kastor then closed the door, as no more guests were coming. As he was about to greet all his friends, a knock on the door was heard. A questioned look on his face, Kastor opened the door into his manor. He looked around, but saw nobody.
“Oh, down here ya great lug!”
Kastor looked down and saw two dwarves carrying a big bag.
“Oy, I’m Eitri,” said one of them.
The other the pushed Eitri away, “And I’m Brokk.”
Eitri shoved Brokk back, before continuing. “I’m here for the celebration of Kastor, son of Arkantos’ son.”
Kastor replied, “I see, who invited you? Not to sound rude.”
“Aye, I understand, well this idiot bashed opens our boulder door to get in. He gave us this invitation, saying that we are to celebrate Arkantos’ grandson.”
Kastor glanced at Ajax, “Well, do come in. If you’re friends of my father, you’re friends with me.”
As the two dwarves strode in, Kastor questioned Ajax.
“My friend, how many more friends did you invite?”
The king counted on his fingers, “About two to three more.”
Just then, then, a chill went around the room, followed by a bright light. Kastor went to the door, and shivered as he saw King Folstag and a Valkyrie Lady.
The Valkyrie introduced herself first, “Hello, I am Reginleif, friend of Arkantos, and this is Folstag, as you knew him before.”
“Ho ho ho! I haven’t seen you in ages my lad! Good to see you leading a happy life, with a wife and child to boot!” guffawed the Frost Giant.
Folstag came in and sat next to Brokk and Eitri, while Reginleif chatted with Amanra. Kastor looked around, seeing nobody left, he closed the door. After a few seconds, another knock can be heard. Two Egyptian priests went in. Setna came and sat down, while his son was busy growing flowers with magic. Amanra went to Kastor to introduce the two priests.
“The one with the hat is the mighty priest Setna, and the four year old is Se-Osiris,” explained the Queen.
Kastor just walked back to his spot, as he opened his mouth to speak, a blast of thunder is heard as the door was blasted out of its hinges and through the wall. Kastor grabbed his swords to see who broke his door, but dropped then when he saw the visitor.
“Father! I’m surprised you’re here!” gasped Kastor.
The God Arkantos smiled as he replied, “Well, I can’t miss the celebration of my own son’s son can I? Wow, now I’m a grandfather.”
Kastor grinned as he let his father in. Now that they’re all assembled, Kastor said his speech, “Thank you, friends, and friends of my father, to come and join me to celebrate the birth of my son. Seeing so many of you here makes my heart warm, so I welcome you! We hope to have a happy time!”
The people then started presenting their gifts. Amanra gave the baby a medallion, with the symbol of Isis on it. Just then, she stopped, “We need to give the boy a name!” Arkantos stood up, and said, “I decree his name to be Faerus! After my ancestor, who was skilled in fighting with swords!”
The audience clapped, before resuming the gift giving. Ajax’s present was a chest mail, which was impenetrable. Odysseus and his family’s gift was armor for the shins and legs. And also a special ruby, which can be encrusted in the armor for extra protection. Brokk and Eitri’s gift was two powerful swords, which should be used when he was older. Reginleif bestowed a gift upon Faerus, making him glow the colors of the Aurora Borealis when he wants to. Folstag gave the boy the power to last in cold temperatures, naked if he has to. Setna gave Faerus great strength, while Se-Osiris, though young, gave the boy a smart and thinking mind similar to his own. Arkantos smiled, as he gave the child some of his own godly blood, the only ability of this blood apparent is great powers of regeneration. After the gifts were given, the people partied and chatted for a while, and that manor became a happy place. But whereas there's a happy place, there’s also a dark and horrid plot brewing………

Chapter One: The Betrayal

It was six years since the party. Faerus was playing with his Automaton. They were trying to make Prometheans out of clay. Kastor was bustling around, eating extra fast and also bringing his staff. Physialla was making sure Kastor was looking his best.
“Well, bye honey, I must go and see the council,” said Kastor.
Physialla kissed Kastor before letting him go, “Come back soon ok?”
Kastor smiled, “Of course I will, no need to worry, this errand won’t take long.”
Kastor walked to the great palace, where they are holding their council meeting. Going through the huge doors that admit entrance, Kastor took his rightful place on the biggest chair. The 36 council members bowed before Kastor. One of them spoke up, “Kastor, the council has come to a decision, it was hard to make, but we have all decided.”
Kastor looked around the grim faces of the council members, he was gazing at one when it suddenly convulsed. Shocked, Kastor glanced at the rest of the members, and saw that all of their body parts and faces were twisting, except one. That one member was shocked and ran to Kastor’s side, the warrior held his staff, and prepared to defend himself.
“Don’t worry Kastor, we only decided that you as the head of this council has been too long, actually, we decided that Atlantis standing was too long,” said one of the members before a huge RIPP!!!! Was heard.
Flesh, skin, guts and bones flew everywhere, revealing the monsters within. The one that spoke, which was actually a Minotaur, glared at Kastor.
An Einherjar blew his horn before roaring, “CCCCCCCHHHHHARRRRRGGGEEEEE!!!!!!”
Kastor stood in front of the last member, and started fending off the opponents. It seemed like every myth unit that can fight was there. He sent a Behemoth flying into the palace wall, creating an indentation. The fight did not seem to last quite long, but Kastor was holding his own. That was, until the last council member morphed, revealing he was a monster too. He was an Avenger, and stabbed both his swords through Kastor. The warrior gasped in surprise, as he felt his body getting split in two. With a loud and sickening rip, the Avenger used his whirlwind attack. The effect was that Kastor was split in two and his two halves hit the two walls. The monsters laughed maniacally before destroying the Palace within, and then they proceeded to destroy all of Atlantis.
Physialla was worried about Kastor, and went outside to check on him. She was mutilated into tiny pieces by a Scorpion Man. Faerus’ Automaton went outside to check the scream, but was then scattered into pieces by another Automaton and a Chimaera. The myth units then went inside and trashed the manor, collapsing it efficiently before destroying the rest of Atlantis. The once magnificent city was destroyed into rubble, and smoke drifted to the surface. The myth units then left, each bearing the symbol of Atlantis on them. Underneath the rubble, the six-year old Faerus was still alive. He got up, and fire burned in his eyes, he then picked up the gifts given to him, and wore the armor and bore the swords. He then trained himself amongst the ruins, always bearing the same thought, Vengeance!

Chapter Two: The Moving

BANG! CLASH! SSSSCCCKREE!!! The night was ringing from the sounds of the swords clashing together. A 15 year old teenager was parrying with a metallic menace. The teen slashed the Automaton, who countered with his own blade. They fought on and on, having started this battle during noon time. The Automaton never tired, and neither did the teen. Pivoting on one foot, Faerus swung his two heavy metal swords at the Automaton. The blow sent the entire upper body of the monster flying into a wall. The battle ended there. Faerus grabbed his cloth, and wiped the sweat from his forehead and neck. The Automaton was fixing himself with his feet. Faerus turned and looked at the metallic slave.
“Good practice Autno,” smiled Faerus.
The Automaton got up, completely repaired, “I do what ever you tell me to do Master.”
Faerus had repaired the Automaton when he was eight, and has been practicing with the Automaton. Only now had he finally beaten the slave in combat. He was now ready. He helped the Automaton get up, and then grabbed an apple to eat. Thinking to himself, he pondered should he go now, or train some more. As if he can read minds, Autno walked next to Faerus.
“You are ready now master, you can go and challenge the traitorous Atla-Mynts. (The name given by Faerus to the traitors)
Faerus got back up, “You’re right Autno, and I wish I can bring you with me.”
“No master, if I leave this old city, I will fall back to the pieces I came from,” said the Automaton, with a hint of sadness, though robots usually don’t feel emotions.
Smiling, Faerus packed up all his things, and with a farewell, started to leave his homeland while the night was young. Unbeknownst to him, he was heading for the great country of Greece. Deciding he doesn’t need sleep, he continued on through the night, making good progress. Meanwhile, in Old Atlantis, Autno was sad that his master left him. He was marching along when he heard a rough growl behind him. The metal man turned around, seeing nothing, he continued on. Just then, a snort can be heard. Raising his sword, Autno’s metallic eyes surveyed the landscape. He then saw a Minotaur in front of him. It was the same Minotaur which declared Kastor’s death that many years ago.
“I have returned, now, where’s the boy!?!?!” roared the Minotaur.
Autno stood his ground, “Faerus has left to destroy you and your ilk, but since you’re here anyway, I’ll slay you FOR HIM!”
The Automaton rushed at the Minotaur, who dodged with surprising speed for his bulk. The Minotaur spun around and kicked Autno in the chest, knocking him into the wall.
“My name is Montar, and I have come to kill the boy. But if he’s not here, I will slay YOU instead, you DAMNED ATLANTEAN TOY!!!!” roared Montar.
The metallic man swung his blade at the Minotaur again, who blocked it with his arms. The bull charged at Autno, who tried to defend himself with his shield. The result was that the shield broke into pieces, but Autno was ok. Infuriated since his left horn was broken, the fearsome monster punched Autno in the face. The Automaton’s metal cannot withstand so much pressure, and it crumpled. But Autno was a resilient fighter; he repaired his face as quick as lightning, before slashing the Minotaur on the leg. At the same time Montar leaped up and did a spinning kick that sent Autno flying into a crumbled wall. As the dust cleared, a rock was sent flying onto Montar’s chest, in turn knocking the bull-man into the remains of the old Palace. Both combatants went out of the ruins. Both eyeing each other, one pair red with anger, while the other cold as the metal it’s made out of. The staring contest did not last long; Autno rushed at Montar and successfully slashed the Minotaur along the face. His blood dripping on the floor, the bull rammed the Automaton in the stomach, before grabbing both sides of Autno. With a loud SSSSSHHEEEEEAAARRRRRR the Automaton was disconnected with his legs. And with a roar, Montar hooked his claws into the Automaton’s metallic face, and flung Autno into a distant mountain, where he shattered into very tiny pieces, never to be remade again. Shaking the blood from his face, the Atla-Mynt headed off in the same direction of Faerus, meaning to slay the boy once and for all.

Chapter Three: Greece

Faerus was amazed when he arrived in Greece. It was a bustling place, lots of merchants and agoras everywhere. Seeing such a huge country, he first went to Athens, a great city of Greece. He saw olives everywhere, and he himself bought a jar of olive oil to keep himself in good fighting position, and also as a deodorant. Seeing as he hasn’t bathed in 9 years, he needed the oil. He went to the public baths, and got in one of them. Cleaning himself thoroughly, he got out of the huge tub and put on the olive oil. Being as hot as it is, he still wore his armor and carried his sword. His body can tolerate the temperature, due to Setna’s gift of strength. He walked around, and many girls flocked to him, seeing a young but strong teen walking around on the streets. Faerus has no interest in romance or girls, and sent many of the girls home unhappy and disheartened. He was walking around when a soldier confronted him.
“Well mister, I don’t know who you are, but NOBODY but soldiers can carry weapons in Athens. Direct disobeyment means consultation with the King!” the soldier then shoved Faerus aside….. This was the soldier’s biggest, and last, mistake.
Grabbing his hand, Faerus lifted the soldier into the air; he then slammed the unfortunate guard down, and with his two swords, lopped of the head, helmet and all. With his other sword, the Atlantean sheared through the Greek armor and severed the upper half with the lower half. Bystanders gasped at the warrior, and all hid in there houses, and in some cases, their huge brazen pots. Somehow, word of the warrior was sent to the King, who dispatched a retrieval squad to apprehend the warrior. This squad was lead by General Kelthis, a Myrmidon with the reputation of a blood thirsty slaughterer. Faerus was sitting in the shade of an agora when he heard the rumbling and clanking of the soldiers. The hoplites and toxotes saw Faerus, and identified him at once. Firing arrows, Faerus was shot several times before he realized these were opponents. Luckily, those toxotes where not even champions, so the arrows didn’t even pierce Ajax’s chest mail. Getting up, the teen used his blade to deflect the next batch of arrows. The heavy hoplites slowly clunked to Faerus, whose twin blades where more than capable of slashing through armor, shield, spear, and body all at once. Soon, it was apparent that the squad was no match; the toxotes searched for Kelthis, but their General has run away long ago when Faerus first deflected the arrows. The toxotes surrendered, and told Faerus that he was wanted at the Palace by the King.
Faerus smiled as he thought about it, “I guess I should pay a visit to the king then.”
Heading for the town center, he was intercepted by General Kelthis, who decided to be brave.
“You shall not pass criminal, and I shall make sure you don’t!!!” screamed the General.
With a mad cry, Kelthis charged at Faerus, only to find himself knocked back by the teen. Angry that he was actually hurt by a child, he swung his curved blade at Faerus’ head. Expecting such a predictable blow, the Atlantean ducked before thrusting his swords upward, stabbing through the General’s lungs. Surprised was etched over Kelthis’ face as he fell down into a puddle of his own blood. Approaching the Town Center, all the guards swarmed at Faerus.
The teenage warrior shook his head, “I have no time for this.”
With a roar he instantly slew one of the guards. The others immediately ran away in panic.
“What a crowd of ninnies,” laughed an amused Faerus.
As he entered the center, the King got up and greeted him.
“Hello Faerus, if that’s your name, I heard you were a mighty warrior…... For a teen,” said the King.
“I don’t know who you are, but why did you call me here?”
The King shook his head before sitting back on his throne, “Sit, I have a story to tell you.”
Faerus chose a seat before paying attention to the King again. Once he saw that Faerus was ready, the King started talking.
“I am King Theseus, Son of King Aegeus,” started the King.
Recognition dawned in Faerus’ eyes. “Whoa, you’re famous for slaying the dreaded Minotaur of Crete!”
“Yes yes, but that was when I was young. Now, I am old, 95 actually. There is a new Minotaur, terrorizing the people. I would go and slay it, but I’m afraid if I attempted to fight again, my heart will fail me and I’ll drop dead, which is neither beneficial to me or my people. From the reports I heard from you, I was amazed of your fighting capabilities. So, now, I need you to-“
Faerus interrupted, “You need me to slay the Minotaur and return back to you with his head?”
Theseus nodded, “Yes, but you can take out the head part. So, will you do it?”
Faerus pretended to think, but in reality, he was wondering if this is the Minotaur that was part of the betraying of his father. He already decided he will slay the monster whether it’s the one or not. Seeing the expectant look on Theseus’ face, he nodded. The King smiled, and sat back to relax.
“Well young one, the Minotaur lives in a cave just northwest of here. I know it’s hard for a 22 year old like you to take on such a monster, but you’re my last hope.”
Faerus stared at the King, “Sire, I am actually 15 years of age.”
Theseus was shocked, “FIFTEEN!?! I’m sorry, this is way too hard for a teen like you, think nothing of this quest, I’ll find somebody else.”
“No need sir, I can take care of this, I might be fifteen, but I am more mature beyond my years,” replied Faerus.
The King was still hesitant, in the end he sighed. “Yes yes, that’s what I thought you would say. From your physique and the way you think, I thought you were 22. Oh well, just go on if you wish, though I won’t be angry if you don’t want to.”
“Oh no your majesty, I intend to go, whether you want me to go or not.”

Chapter Four: The Bullfight

It was dusk as Faerus approached the cave with which the Minotaur lies within. Gripping his trusty swords, the warrior entered the cave. Suddenly, a boulder wall fell behind him, trapping him in total darkness. Faerus cannot see anything, until, unexpectedly, a brilliant flash emitted from him, encasing him in the colors of the Aurora Borealis. The light let him see his way through the long tunnel that lies ahead. He started walking down the passage, until he saw a door. As he opened the door, a powerful jet of venom lanced across his arm. (He doesn’t possess arm protection) Kneeling in pain, eight serpents leapt at him. Four biting on each arm, he couldn’t move, and saw a snake with wings in front of him. His arms were numb from the poison, and the Wadjet was using his tongue to smell Faerus. The warrior head-butted the Wadjet, shattering its two front fangs. Since his arms were deadened, he used his feet to kick one of his swords into the Wadjet before it retaliated. The Wadjet was dead before it even fell on the floor. Faerus got up, but winced in pain as his arms were starting to blacken. Suddenly, he felt warm, very warm, and the serpents were repelled. The godly blood inside him healed his arms immediately, and picking up his two swords, he made sure that each and every serpent was dead. When his task was done, he was faced with another challenge. Two roads, which to take. He spent an hour pondering this, until he decided to go left. One of his first mistakes, but definitely not his last. He then approached another door, just when his hand was on the knob he was pulled to the ground. Dead minions were coming back to the surface, and were slashing at the boy. Powerless, Faerus had to endure this torture until they have left. Unluckily, the Minions don’t mean to leave.
Realizing he will die sooner or later, the warrior decided to take action. Summoning all his strength, (and that’s a lot) he managed to free one leg. One leg was all he needed; he kicked a Minion into bits of skeleton, and then kicked the ones holding his arms. Grabbing the twin swords, he started severing the spinal cords of the Minions, making sure they cannot revive by crushing them underneath his foot. He then turned the doorknob…. It was locked. Furious that he had come here just to face a locked door, he used his blade and smashed the door open. He then realized he was in a chamber, with torches around it. There was a tunnel in front, and he can vaguely see a form coming out of it. As Faerus squint to see what this creature is, the creature revealed itself as a Minotaur.
“Hello human, I am Montar, the mightiest Minotaur ever, excluding my grandfather Kamos!!!!”
Faerus immediately saw the emblem of Old Atlantis on his chest, and with great anger he roared. Not wasting time chatting, Faerus ran to Montar. The Minotaur prepared his broadsword, but then was sent flying from Faerus’ sword bash trick, created by Kastor himself. This bash was stronger than his father’s, as his swords are heavier and Faerus is stronger than his father. Being sent flying into the cave wall was not something that happened to Montar everyday, so the bull monster was twice as mad as before. Swinging his broad sword, he clipped Faerus’ shoulder. Diving underneath, the Atlantean attempted the same technique he killed Kelthis with. Unluckily, the Minotaur realized this and leaped over Faerus, and landing on the warrior’s knee cap, crushing it instantly. Faerus got back up staggeringly, his left leg useless. He decided to pivot instead of chasing Montar. The bull rushed at Faerus, who slashed off one of the Minotaur’s arms. The warrior grinned as blood spurted out of the wound. Now the Minotaur can’t carry the heavy broad sword anymore. Knowing he is losing, Montar tried to tackle Faerus; this was repelled as the warrior simply utilized his sword bash again. This time, the result was that the Minotaur was bashed into the wall headfirst, and a loud snap can be heard from the neck.
Faerus approached the corpse, “It’s over betrayer.”
“But IS it?” said a mocking voice behind Faerus.
The young Atlantean turned around to see the REAL Montar, swinging the broad sword with one arm. Already wounded, the teen cannot possibly match up with the real deal. In seconds, Faerus was on the floor, blood spurting from the stump that was his left leg. The real Montar was very tough, and very fast indeed. Before he killed off Faerus, he mocked him.
“You know what? It was I who organized the betrayal of your father at the Palace. It was I who killed the original Council members and replaced them with my comrades. And it was I who dismantled your bucket o’ bolts that you call an Automaton. AHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!” laughed the Minotaur.
Rage surged through Faerus like he never felt before. Suddenly, his leg came back, and his eyes blood red, he ran to Montar. The Minotaur was not prepared as the tackle knocked him off his feet. Surprised, the bull monster got back up, only to get stabbed by Faerus. The young teen then smiled. He started pivoting, and the Minotaur’s eyes widened as he realized what was about to happen.
Faerus smiled grimly, “Remember this when you go to Tartarus, I am the AVENGER!!!!”
With that said, the Atlantean did the trademark whirlwind of an Avenger. The result was the same as with Kastor, the mighty Montar was tore in half and his halves hit the cave walls with a loud PLOP! Blood and guts oozed onto the floor. The 15-year old still smiled as he chopped the Minotaur into mincemeat, and dined on the red flesh himself. Following the tunnel where the fake Montar came from, he exited the cave. That was his first Atla-Mynt that he has slain, and it is certainly not his last.

Chapter Five: Salamis

It was dawn when Faerus arrived back in Athens. He wandered to the town center, where he presented the head of the Minotaur to Theseus. The old man smiled and spat on the head, before mounting it on the wall.
Theseus smiled as he turned to Faerus, “Well young warrior, I am quite pleased. I suspect you would want to continue your search for the Atla-Mynts.”
Shocked, Faerus’ mouth widened.
“You’re probably wondering why do I know of your quest, I’ll explain ….. Yesterday night, I was pondering whether or not to become a general in my army. I decided you should, but then a blinding flash of light struck the floor in front of me. When I looked, there was a god. The god told me to let you go on your quest, and he also told me to tell you go to Salamis, you’ll find allies there,” explained the King.
Nodding, Faerus headed outside, and than after getting directions to where is Salamis, he headed for the general location. After about three days, he arrived in the city of Salamis. Peering at it, Faerus walked through the streets. He was still walking when he bumped into a crowd of people.
“Hey you, get back in line!”
“Yeah, you need to wait like all of us!”
Faerus pulled somebody aside, “What’s going on here?”
The villager tried to pull himself free, but Faerus’ grip was too strong. “Ok, it’s the King; he’s holding a competition to see who is the strongest champion here.”
Faerus persisted, “Why?”
“Because he wants somebody to slay the Cyclops, now, let me go before I hurt you?”
Faerus smiled at that remark, “Do you THINK you can hurt me?”
The older villager looked Faerus over, and then smiled, “Hey, why don’t you go in front of me? Its better, I’m nearly there anyway...”
Faerus got in front, after waiting for 4 minutes; he was there in front of the King, who was sitting on his throne. Faerus surveyed his surroundings, he was in a Coliseum. Once the rest of the people filed in, the king stood up and spoke.
“Mighty warriors! This is a test of endurance! I shall unleash a horde of animals unto you, and the last one alive, ahem, standing will be the champion!!!!!!”
Right then, a horde of animals did come out. Some of the competitors were immediately killed by the tigers and lions. Each prepared their weapons, while Faerus was standing ground. Just then, somebody stabbed his stomach, Faerus realized it was the villager.
“Ha ha, die you mongrel!”
Faerus’s grim faced shone with pleasure as he used his bare hands to twist the head of the unsuspecting fighter off. A lion leapt on the Atlantean, which was knocked onto the ground. Twisting and turning, it was Faerus who struck the lion in the heart with his deadly blade. A person was swinging a mace, striking down human and animal. The swinging stone nearly struck Faerus in the face. Angry, the teen used his sword to cut the mace in three, and then proceeded to slay the gladiator. Just then, an elephant came by and smashed Faerus into a wall. Faerus was losing conscience, and saw a crocodile in front of him, salivating at the thought of fresh meat. As he slowly drifted away, the croc started chewing on his arm. Suddenly, Faerus got back to consciousness. Using his strength, he sent the croc right into another warrior. The 15 year old winced at the gaping wound, but it soon healed up. Seeing this, the King was surprised, and whispered to his advisor something.
There were only three gladiators left, Faerus, a guy with a club, and a guy with a tome. Wondering what the tome was for, Faerus had no chance to ask as he was already confronted by two tigers. More animals were piling in, the last ones, there included elephants, rhinos, bulls, and even a Nemean Lion. The guy with the club already lost an arm, and was torned apart from the hungry tigers. The old man with the tome was whacking a bull away, before opening his book. Faerus’ eyes widened as he saw several lightning bolts killing many animals, and one even struck his shoulder. Right at that moment, the Nemean Lion leapt at Faerus, ripping at his leg. Kicking him off, the young warrior stabbed both his swords through the thick mane, and with a complicated movement, forced the guts and gore of the Lion out of its mouth. Feeling a bit hungry, Faerus had a quick snack and drink, before facing his last opponent. The old man’s eye glew white with energy before a bolt of lightning was aimed at Faerus. Dodging that, the Atlantean rushed the old man, and severed the magician’s spinal cord. Smiling, Faerus got back up, and the audience applauded.
The king got down and approached Faerus, “Welcome young Atlantean, to Salamis!!!!”
Faerus was confused at being called Atlantean. Seeing the look on the kid’s face, the King explained. “I am King Ajax, I was the one that gave you your breastplate, come to my great palace. My son will be glad to have finally somebody to play with!”
As they approached the palace, the King’s son rushed out.
“Oh hi dad! And you brought a friend! Is he my age? Do you want to play? I’m Ajax Junior!” said the teen.
Ajax smiled, “I think you’ll find him of age young one, you can play together, or as I suspect, go on an adventure.”
Ajax Jr. practically flown with delight. Glad to hear that, he ran inside the palace. Ajax and Faerus followed after. “He’s a nice kid, a bit headstrong, but should be equal to you in strength. He was blessed by Zeus.”
Faerus smiled, and when they were inside the palace, Ajax Senior explained.
“There is a Cyclops on the loose, I recognized the Atlantean Symbol on its chest. So I thought that it was one of those myth units that destroyed Atlantis.”
The Atlantean’s mouth was a grim slash, and then he nodded, “I will be going immediately.”
Ajax laughed, “Oh no, not before you eat up and take a bath!”
With that said several maids immediately picked up Faerus and dumped him in the bath. After dinner, Faerus was ready to go. As he waved goodbye, he ran smack into a walking tank. It was Ajax Junior. Faerus and Ajax Jr. then walked out of the palace. As they were out of the palace, Ajax laughed out loud.
“Why are you laughing?” asked the fifteen year old.
“You know these weapons right? Well, they aren’t the ones my dad gave to me!” laughed the fourteen year old.
Faerus’ eyebrow raised, “Oh? How so?”
Ajax was all too happy to explain, “Well, I thought if I was to travel with you like my Dad traveled with your granddad, I might as well bring some relics with me! See this shield? It’s the same shield my dad wore to send people flying, when he was with your dad. And this axe? It’s the one that chopped off Gargerensis’ head, or at least, Kemsyt’s. And last, this lion skin is actually Heracle’s.”
“You stole a lion skin from the greatest Greek hero ever?”
“Well, I didn’t actually steal it; it was a relic in my dad’s armory. Anyway, let’s go and slay the Cyclops!”

Chapter Six: The Mace and the Club

The pair of young warriors was starting up a mountain, up to the cliff on top. They heard that the Cyclops go there to feast on goats. As they head up, they hear a distant rumbling. Suspecting the Cyclops, the two teen got on the cliff, and then hid there in the foliage. They did not have to wait long; a thump can be heard as a giant Cyclops moved onto the cliff. It was no ordinary Cyclops; this one wore armor and carries a heavy mace. On the left side of the monster’s chest was the symbol of Atlantis. Eating the goats, the Cyclops’ one eyes seemed to narrow. As Faerus and Ajax held their breath, the Cyclops spoke.
“Greetings trespassers. I am Muntillo, son of Polyphemus. Come out, and take your punishment for trodding on this sacred land.”
Faerus leapt out and tried to sword ram the behemoth, but the Cyclops used his mace to bash Faerus. The young warrior was hit over the cliff and tumbled down the mountain, landing on the stony ground. Ajax gasped and looked over the cliff; he saw that Faerus was in a tumbled heap, and out of commission for now. Ajax turned around just in time to dodge an incoming missile. The rock that was thrown flew out of sight. Ajax gripped his heavy axe with one hand, while his shield was carried also. The two combatants stared at each other, but it was Muntillo that broke the tension. The Cyclops ran to Ajax and smashed his mace down. The shield was brought up, and the mace deflected. Angry, the Atla-Mynt tried again, only he did a surprise maneuver. With all his strength, the mace was brought down on Ajax’s head. The blow would’ve finished off any opponent……. But not ones that have a Nemean Lion skin as armor. Surprised that the Greek didn’t fall down dead, Muntillo moved back a few steps. This was all the time the warrior needed. Quick as a flash, the axe was brought down on the Cyclops’ head. Muntillo snapped out of his daze just in time to use his shield to block the axe. The axe cracked the small shield, but the One-Eyed behemoth was safe.
Thinking that he is way out of his own league, Ajax walked back, scared of the evil creature. In later stories, it would tell this is the only time Ajax Junior was ever scared. Just then, a warm feeling spread through Ajax. He felt rejuvenated, and courage flooded him. Smiling, the warrior slammed his shield on the Cyclop’s stomach. Even though Muntillo didn’t go flying like Ajax suspected, he still succeeded in knocking the air out of the Atla-Mynt. Still grinning, the Greek kicked the Cyclops in the shin. The result was a mace bashing onto the side of Ajax’s head. The young warrior was sent flying, and nearly stumbled off the cliff. Realizing he will fall unless he dropped something, the 14-year old threw his shield off the cliff. It was pure luck that the shield did not cut Faerus’ head off. Gripping the axe between his teeth, Ajax made his slow way up. As he was nearly up, the ugly face of Muntillo glared at him. Lifting up the heavy mace, the Cyclops was prepared to slam his mace on Ajax’s unprotected fingers. With only seconds to spare, the son of Arkantos’ best friend flung his Nemean Lion skin up at Muntillo. Surprised at this maneuver, the mace was nullified by the hard skin of the lion. As the skin tangled around the Atla-Mynt, Ajax leaped back on the cliff. With a quick slash, he tore open a diagonal gash on the Cyclops’ chest. The pain was unbearable to the Cyclops, taking his chance; Ajax cut another slash, shearing through the armor. Muntillo’s blood was flowing onto the floor like a river, but he somehow got the Nemean Lion skin off. Bringing his mace around, he smashed the Ajax’s ribs, breaking a few bones.
Ajax winced in pain, before bringing the axe in a sweeping motion to chop off Muntillo’s head. Bringing the shield up again, Muntillo grinned. Unfortunately for him, although his shield can withstand a one-handed bash, it cannot stand against a double-handed slash. The Cyclops’ head flew off and burst into a shower of blood. The entire body fell down before bursting into a river of blood. The blood dripped down, onto Faerus. Looking down, Ajax saw Faerus drowning in blood. Ajax leaped off the mountain, and landed on the floor. Shaking his feet from the impact, the Greek inspected his friend. Faerus was up and walking, and the blood on the area where Faerus was disappeared. Before Ajax could ask, the Atlantean put a finger to Ajax’s mouth. The junior could not help noticing Faerus’ blood stained lips, teeth, and tongue. The Greek picked up his shield, which somehow survived the fall.
“Guess it’s made of tough stuff,” said Ajax,
“Of course, how else would it have lasted for so many head bashing. Anyway, when I was unconscious, my grandfather Arkantos spoke to me. He told me to go to Ithaca, and that’s where I’m going,” said a determined Faerus.
Ajax looked at his axe, “I think I want to go home, I don’t like this much.”
Faerus’ emotion didn’t change, “Well, I’m going with you or without you.”
With that said, Faerus already started walking, as he was over the road, the teen heard what he expected to hear.
“WAIT FOR ME!!!! COME BACK YOU ATLANTEAN WAIT FOR MEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!”

Chapter Seven: The Hybrids

Upon arriving in Ithaca, the two heroes were busy. They visited the king, Odysseus, who was in mourning. His wife had just passed onto Erebus. But still, the old king greeted the warriors, and already told them of an Atla-Mynt very nearby. Hearing this, Faerus got really excited, and prepared to move out. Odysseus got him and Ajax ready. Now, Telemachus’ son Ternis joined Faerus and Ajax.
The three allies currently are in the deep forests of the Ithacan Forest. They are hunting a herd of Centaurs, and their leader is an Atla-Mynt. They were silently treading through the dark woods, when they hurt a crack. Then another, Ternis, did a high-pitched whistle before continuing to investigate. All three being silent, Faerus leapt out and slashed. The result was a gruff Centaur head rolling across the ground, before resting on a rock. In an instant, it seemed like an explosion erupted. Five things happened at once, One, a herd of Centaurs leapt out of the forest clearing. Two, one of them threw a lance at Faerus. Three, the lance struck Faerus in the chest, sending him against a tree. Four, Ajax had to use his shield to guard against a pair of hooves, and lastly, a beautiful snow white horse leapt out, and Ternis jumped on it.
The Centaur that slammed his hooves against Ajax was surprised, as they did not penetrate the shield. Ajax smiled as he slammed his axe into the Centaur, killing it. Ternis on the other hand was using his lance to slash, pierce, and tear through the Centaurs. His magnificent white horse was stampeding the Centaurs also. The beautiful autumn leaves were red with blood. Faerus recovered and started whirling like a tornado. Ajax roared before bashing a Centaur away. The roar seemed to have the same effect as Arkantos’ did. The other two started fighting better, but only for a while. Same, a little is a lot for the poor Centaurs. Some Centaurs fired arrows at Ajax, but the shield protected the Greek well. That same shield also sent Centaurs flying into trees.
Faerus suspected there was more than the Centaur’s their fighting now, and his suspicions were confirmed as more Centaurs were pouring in. Not only Centaurs, there was also Satyrs. The Satyrs threw javelins at Faerus, who knelt in pain of the javelins. Ternis on the other hand saw a big bulky Satyr, obviously the leader of the bunch. Try as he might, the cavalry warrior cannot reach the leader. Ajax was swarmed by Centaurs, and could barely hold on. Deciding the life of his comrade was more important; Ternis moved his horse charging through the Centaurs. Many myth units died in that charge. More Satyrs are coming in via the tunnel Sursia, the Satyr Chieftain unraveled. The Atlantean saw this and did another cyclone of maiming. Many Satyrs died, while some others were horribly maimed for life. The 15 year old sent a Satyr flying into Sursia, forcing the Chieftain to collapse instantly. Seeing his chance, the young warrior used a lance to vault over to the Chieftain. Seeing the predicament he was in, Sursia grabbed his two lances and started to fight with Faerus. It was no contest, either the wooden lances will hold, or the diamond carved swords. Naturally, the lances broke into pieces and Sursia too. Using a lance to prop Sursia’s head up, he forced it in front of the tunnel. The remaining Satyrs, seeing their dead leader’s head, retreated. Taking this advantage, Faerus started gorging himself on the pieces of Sursia.
As Ajax was about to get ran over, Ternis has arrived and saved him. The Greek was unconscious, due to several severe hoof stomps on his head, which, though softened by Ajax’s armor, was still enough to knock the young youth out. Ternis was the oldest of all the warriors, being 17 he, and as he locked onto the Atla-Mynt, his reckless nature sprung up.
“WATCH OUT CENTAUR! AND PREPARE TO DIE!!!” screamed the youth as he used his horse to leap Bellerophon style, and stomped a nearby Centaur into pieces. The Centaur Overlord was surprised, before he was shredded into pieces by Ternis. That was the end of the battle, without their lord, the Centaurs wailed and ran away. Faerus walked up to the Centaur, and then picked up the emblem.
“Finally, Chiros, descendant of Chiron, is dead. Such a pity this Centaur decided to use his wisdom for evil, he would’ve been a great ally,” said Faerus who was shaking his head.
Ternis turned to Faerus, “Young Atlantean, I know what you seek; I heard there was a powerful Anubite in Egypt that might be an Atla-Mynt, go there and find him.”
Ajax asked Ternis “Aren’t you coming along?”
“No, I must see to Ithaca, and make sure my treacherous uncle does not try any tricks,” with that said, the cavalry warrior rid his horse back to Ithaca, leaving the two youths to venture to the hot sands of Egypt.

[This message has been edited by killer me (edited 11-08-2003 @ 05:11 PM).]

Replies:
posted 05 November 2003 07:19 PM EDT (US)     1 / 12  
very interecting story

was a tad confusing, but pretty good

is this supposed to be real or did you make it up??

last thing to say:

THAT WAS A LONG POST!!!!!

but interesting too

posted 05 November 2003 07:20 PM EDT (US)     2 / 12  
wrong smilie, oops
posted 05 November 2003 07:22 PM EDT (US)     3 / 12  
...... Um, what are you talking about Magnum?

Read "The Avenger" My Fanfic in General Discussions. Please leave a comment. Thank you for reading this signature.
im no rook and....ummm you are gay! ~SiLg2
posted 05 November 2003 07:46 PM EDT (US)     4 / 12  
sorry DragitronX. u want me to put the bibliograghy on the top?

And Magnum Pi this is a story made up by ........
DragitronX.

[This message has been edited by killer me (edited 11-08-2003 @ 05:16 PM).]

posted 05 November 2003 07:51 PM EDT (US)     5 / 12  
Erm, when did I say that? I was wondering why did Magnum ask that question when you already put my name on the very top.

Read "The Avenger" My Fanfic in General Discussions. Please leave a comment. Thank you for reading this signature.
im no rook and....ummm you are gay! ~SiLg2
posted 05 November 2003 07:57 PM EDT (US)     6 / 12  
i have no idea.
posted 08 November 2003 05:15 PM EDT (US)     7 / 12  
DragitronX i add the chapter 7.
posted 08 November 2003 05:21 PM EDT (US)     8 / 12  
and did u recieve my email.
posted 09 November 2003 10:40 AM EDT (US)     9 / 12  
that looks like a very good story.
posted 09 November 2003 06:57 PM EDT (US)     10 / 12  
I wish someone would make it into a campaign... of course it wouldn't be near as good as your story though they could make some good movies in between to kinda convey the actions going on. I would do it by I have no knowledge of these kinds of things(using the editor and the such). Great story keep it up.
posted 27 November 2003 08:05 PM EDT (US)     11 / 12  
it is not my story it is DragitronX's.
posted 28 November 2003 07:23 AM EDT (US)     12 / 12  
I have never read a topic too long!
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » the avenger
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames