Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Bugs In AoM: TT
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 8  Next Page »
posted 14 February 2004 10:38 AM EDT (US)   
A NOTE ABOUT 'SERIOUS' BUGS, PLEASE READ:

If you happen to discover a bug which can be exploited to result in a serious disadvantage for any player(s), do not post ANY instructions on how to exploit it, please email ES instead. By all means post what the bug does, but no instructions until it is fixed.

All posts about such bugs will be deleted/edited up until the bug is fixed

Posted Bugs That Have Been Fixed:

• The 99% Bug
  • The Paused Game Bug
  • The Hades Shade Bug
  • The Stats Upload Bug

These Are NOT Bugs:
    (but are often posted)

• Hunting Deletion
  • Kronos can't research Omnicience
  • Deconstruction works on Healing Springs
  • Chaos makes units lose their upgrades
  • Units look black - this is a graphics card issue, see Quircus' thead on how to fix this Here
  • The Titan Gate Icon does not show - Remove the Villager Count Utility
  • Hydra can gain extra heads by killing huntables
  • Citizens/Ox Carts/Transport Ships can't be bolted

General Bugs:

• Having Footprints on causes long games to become extremely sluggish and slow (turning them off fixes this)
  • Oranos' Shockwave GP will remove the Bronze Skin from Greek Units affected by the Bronze GP
  • (All Civs) Fishing Ships can sometimes become stuck when full. Rebuilding the Dock seems to fix this.
  • (All Civs) When many villagers are chopping wood, sometimes a few will stop (possibly due to pathing)
  • When an Atlantean Player has an even number of Counter-Barracks then they can not cycle through them with the hotkey
  • The Egyptian Mummy can convert Carnivora Plants into Minions
  • The 'Sistrum of Bast' relic doesn't reduce Atlantean Citizens' wood cost
  • Carnivora Plants are affected by the Lampades' Special Attack and attempt (and fail) to eat other units for the rest of the game until killed
  • Atlantean Units can be unfrozen from Frost if they are converted into a Hero
  • The Flaming Weapons GP causes some Non-Norse Units to have high attacks that are not lost when the GP ends
  • On some Random Maps, Gaia and Oranos can start with more resources than they should have
  • Tornado often causes an Out Of Sync (OoS) error
  • Sometimes units can be trapped in the middle of buildings or resources
  • Waypoints from Town Centers (TCs) to dead animals don't work for the Atlanteans
  • The Atlantean Mythic Age Gods display the wrong message when you advance
  • The 'Toothed Arrows' and 'Trios Bow' Relics have the same rollover help description
  • Units sucked in by the Implode GP have their scaling reset
  • The Repeat Button does not work when playing the 'Fall Of The Trident' Campaign in AoM:TT
  • If an Atlantean TC is Converted to a Citadel it doesn't generate favor
  • Nereids can be placed in transport ships
  • Units that are being healed by a healing spring when it is deconstructed will have a white light above them and continue to heal until killed or the end of the game
  • When Priests are tasked to empower resource buildings under construction, they stop randomly when construction is complete
  • Some buildings are not empowered by Pharohs/Priests when you task villagers along with Pharohs/Priests to build them until you task them individually
  • When selecting a Titan along with other units, it has the Atlantean Titan's icon
  • Hippolyta can be converted into a Minion by the Mummy's special attack and can be stoned by the Medusa's special attack
  • Non-Hero Oracles are not affected by the Medusa's or the Mummy's special attack
  • The Argo is affected by the Frost Giant's special attack and by Chaos
  • Restarting a game sometimes causes a wrong game to be loaded
  • When using Alt-Tab to switch windows, AoM remains above all other windows despite the mouse cursor changing to Windows cursors
  • Caravans and Son of Osiris' can't be garrisoned into transport ships
  • Implode doesn't affect Son of Osiris' or Oracles but it does affect other Scouts and Heroes
  • If the Son Of Osiris GP is invoked on the 2nd Pharoh (one gained by the New Kingdom Technology), then an extra Pharoh will spawn, to give a total of 3. Additionally any 2nd Pharoh will be 10% slower than normal.
  • Dryads don't have a red aura unlike all other MUs when Eclipse is invoked
  • Oranos' Shockwave GP can be used on chickens
  • The ungarrison button for Temples covers the 'New Kingdom' tech button
  • Temple foundations can heal once the Temple of Healing tech has been researched.
  • Defeated players' buildings continue to produce units if the repeat button is on
  • A hotkey can not be set for Myrmidon at the Academy
  • After if you save, quit, and then reload the saved game after researching the Shaduf tech, Farms will be reset to their default cost of 70 Gold.
  • Undermine can't be used on Mirror Towers
  • The Mummy can convert all water myth units into minions.
  • The implode GP will stop once it's time limit is hit, even if units are being sucked in, causing them to be ejected unharmed
  • Chieroballistae are not listed as counter-infantry in the ingame help

The following bugs do not contain any infomation about how they are achieved/exploited. Please do not ask for any infomation on how to do so.

• Huntable Bug - a bug which causes certain huntables to provide unlimited food
  • Frost Bug - a bug in the frost power which can cause a game to be ruined

Enemble Studios Online Bugs:

• Chat channels can sometimes disappear at random
  • Observers can whisper to other players in the game, giving players an unfair advantage
  • Sometimes maps don't transfer correctly despite giving the host a 'transfer successful' message
  • Additional Scenario files such as lighting files are not transfered along with scenarios
  • Chatroom buttons can also disappear at random. Restarting seems to fix this
  • Observer status sticks to a player slot, not the player. This means that any new players that join a game and have that slot are stuck as Observers
  • When sending a message to a friend using the 'Send Message' button in the friends list, the chat box will 'lose focus' when anything else happens, making it impossible to chat outside of the friends tab.
  • The "Average rating" on advanced set-up games is not the average rating, but actually that of the host.
  • The 'friends list' can sometimes be randomly lost
  • Sometimes players can't click in. This is sometimes solved by everyone clicking out.
  • Dropticking, exact details missing

Editor Bugs:

• Sometimes the animation viewer does not allow you to select certain animations from the list that you should be able to
  • Some new triggers do not work accross foreign versions of TT More infomation Here. A list of the triggers which don't work can be found Here

Random Map Scripting Bugs:

• The RMS debugger does not work

Random Map Bugs

• Highland sometimes has less TCs than normal

Suggestions:

• The Deathmatch Chat Channel should show players' Deathmatch Rating, not their Supremecy Rating
  • The Atlanteans should get the Medium Cavalry upgrade in the Classical age like all other Medium upgrades or for free upon hitting the Heroic Age.

Post your bugs ...

Thanks to everyone who posted!

[This message has been edited by X_SithLord (edited 06-01-2004 @ 01:44 PM).]

• Replies:
    posted 14 February 2004 10:56 AM EDT (US)     1 / 224  
    I dont know if this is a bug but when units are frosted they can be deleted so you can create new units if you have the resources such as in desathmatch.

~RaZyCaY~

I told my psychiatrist that everyone hates me. He said I was being ridiculous Everyone hasn't met me yet

posted 14 February 2004 01:32 PM EDT (US)     2 / 224  
    I noticed stumpy's post did not seem to be kept updated from his main post. Glad you did this Sith. I have too much other stuff to work on but glad someone started it again...................

Oracles (non-heroes) and Tartarian Spawns a mummy should
    be able to convert into an minion as they do with other myth and non-hero units.

Hersir (hero norse), tartarian spawn, and roc can sustain "thrown damage", but not other heroes or myth units.

Citizens (villager atlantean) cannot be bolted, but other villagers can. Heck, you can bolt the pharaoh.

War elephants are not killed by spider, but they should be.
    Some people mentioned because they are pop4, which may be acceptable I suppose.

Medusa should be able to turn oracles (non-heroes) into stone, and not hippolyta, poseidon ranged hero.

Implode should affect oracles and son of osirus as it affects other scouts and heroes. By scaling Sith, were you meaning the rechargeable myth unit power or something else?

Argo should not be affected by Frost Giant frost or Chaos as it is hero unit.

Chaos should affect oracles (non hero ones)

Should be able to garrison caravans and son of osirus in transports

[This message has been edited by xentelian (edited 02-14-2004 @ 01:42 PM).]

posted 14 February 2004 02:49 PM EDT (US)     3 / 224  
    Alot of the listed things aren't bugs/are untrue...

Quote:

Oranos' Shockwave GP will remove the Bronze GP from Greek Units

Untrue, it just removes the color. The stat boost remains.

Quote:

The Egyptian Mummy can convert Carnivora Plants into Minions

Not a bug because mummies are supposed to be able to convert all MUs; Carnivora Plant is a MU.

Quote:

Atlantean Units can be unfrozen from Frost if they are converted into a Hero

Not a bug really because the unit is 'new' when it is upgraded. The orginial unit disappears and is replaced by a new unit. Since frost is not constant, the new unit is not frozen.

Quote:

If an Atlantean TC is Converted to a Citadel it doesn't generate favor

Not a bug because the citadel does not generate favor, it's stats cannot change depending on what civ it is 'owned' by. If it was given generation then it would generate favor when it was owned by egyptians as well.

Quote:

When Pharohs/Priests are tasked to empower resource buildings under construction, they stop randomly when construction is complete

This only affects priests.

Quote:

If a connection is lost during a rated game, the player with a higher score automatically wins

Untrue.

posted 14 February 2004 03:28 PM EDT (US)     4 / 224  
    Under "these are not Bugs":
    Hydra can eat deer or other huntables to gain heads.

I told you I'd be back.
    posted 14 February 2004 03:34 PM EDT (US)     5 / 224  
    Wow I did not know about that one SilverOsirisAOM, that's a big one right there. I mean train a hydra, eat some wolf or something and there you go into battle 5 headed.
    posted 14 February 2004 04:04 PM EDT (US)     6 / 224  

Quote:

Citizens (villager atlantean) cannot be bolted, but other villagers can. Heck, you can bolt the pharaoh.

This isnt a bug. You cant bolt the oxcart either. Its for balancing issues(bolting an oxcart or an atlantean villager at 30secs would be op).

ESO name : Relaxing

Eisai ellinas? Tote ela sto www.noobwars.gr.

posted 14 February 2004 04:14 PM EDT (US)     7 / 224  
    A'right SithLord, I'm sticking this. Update this well, or one of the mods will have to take over instead

.¸¸.· · .¸¸.·´ §hïvå | RágeOfHaemòn · .¸¸.· · .¸¸.·
    « . ° ¤ Scenario Designer | Woad Creations ¤ º . »
    posted 14 February 2004 04:19 PM EDT (US)     8 / 224  

Quote:

The flaming graphic on arrows (after you research burning pitch) does not show if the unit firing them is not on screen

This is NOT a bug! It is done to reduce Slowdown of the game. It is the same as, for example, the Empowerment Beam of Light does not show unless you are looking at it!

The only reason it is noticable, is because the arrows move. It is not really necessary, and would increase lag.

posted 14 February 2004 07:16 PM EDT (US)     9 / 224  
    The hydra on animals etc. is not a bug.

But the Mummy changing Hippolyta (Hero) to a minion is. >.<

posted 14 February 2004 07:17 PM EDT (US)     10 / 224  
    All thess bugs you have placed here rarely ever happen to me and if it does it only minor. Althogu it is a good post for those who may expirence such problems.
    posted 14 February 2004 08:04 PM EDT (US)     11 / 224  
    A suggestion to ES: Deathmatch ratings should be shown to people who go to the Deathmatch chat..

posted 15 February 2004 00:38 AM EDT (US)     12 / 224  
    lol. What, does it show supremeacy rating on DM chat? Thats hilarious.

I told you I'd be back.
    posted 15 February 2004 00:51 AM EDT (US)     13 / 224  
    ^I am so proud of you

Top 15 RAF Ladder: [RoR]Acamas
    "Macs are the computing equivalent of a dumb blond. " - Silk
    Formally known as Acamas, Acamas_Samaca and Hero_Acamas
    If you are interested in the [RoR] clan visit our website
    posted 15 February 2004 09:03 AM EDT (US)     14 / 224  
    1. Sometimes when you click to Restart the game, it restarts another old game, instead of the current game, even if you deleted all the savegame files :-(
    2. Why do only the Atlanteans have the right to invoke God Powers more than one time?

And why isn't Kronos' Omniscience a bug? Even more if we consider that his tech tree lists the Omniscience

[This message has been edited by Hrrr (edited 02-15-2004 @ 09:36 AM).]

posted 15 February 2004 09:34 AM EDT (US)     15 / 224  
    There are a few mistakes on here and I didn't have time to check all of the bugs but i'll fix that soon and update it.

Man was I surprised to find this Stickied

EDIT

@iam_Chrono_J

Quote:

The Egyptian Mummy can convert Carnivora Plants into Minions

Quote:

Not a bug because mummies are supposed to be able to convert all MUs; Carnivora Plant is a MU.

Carnivora is a GP and I think that this isn't right.

Quote:

Atlantean Units can be unfrozen from Frost if they are converted into a Hero

Quote:

Not a bug really because the unit is 'new' when it is upgraded. The orginial unit disappears and is replaced by a new unit. Since frost is not constant, the new unit is not frozen.

I doubt ES had this in mind when they made the game. The whole point of frost is to give you time to retreat , create an army etc. If the units can be freed then this nulifies the GP which is a little unfair IMO.

Quote:

If an Atlantean TC is Converted to a Citadel it doesn't generate favor

Quote:

Not a bug because the citadel does not generate favor, it's stats cannot change depending on what civ it is 'owned' by. If it was given generation then it would generate favor when it was owned by egyptians as well.

It would not generate favor for the Egyptians. I could modify the code easily to allow Atlantean Citadels to generate favor but not Egyptian ones. Besides Citadels are still TCs after all, just stronger so they should still generate favor.

Thanks for correcting some of the mistakes in there, like I said I didn't have time to check them all.

@RazyCay

Quote:

I dont know if this is a bug but when units are frosted they can be deleted so you can create new units if you have the resources such as in desathmatch.

I assume you're refering to units that have been affected by the Frost GP?

@xentelian

Quote:

Oracles (non-heroes) and Tartarian Spawns a mummy should
    be able to convert into an minion as they do with other myth and non-hero units.

I'd agree with you about the Oracles but I'm not so sure about Tartarian Spawn

Quote:

Hersir (hero norse), tartarian spawn, and roc can sustain "thrown damage", but not other heroes or myth units.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean about this. Could you post more detail?

Quote:

Citizens (villager atlantean) cannot be bolted, but other villagers can

It's a balance issue like NIB said

Quote:

War elephants are not killed by spider

It also might be to do with the units size ... I'll leave it for now

Quote:

By scaling Sith, were you meaning the rechargeable myth unit power or something else?

I was refering to the units size which can be changed in the editor with K and SHIFT-K

Quote:

Chaos should affect oracles (non hero ones)

There is little point to this because Non-Hero Oracles can't attack

Too much to edit ....

@Quircus - Fixed

@Shiva

I added your suggestion to a new section. Don't worry I plan to keep it updated.

@Hrrr

Quote:

Why do only the Atlanteans have the right to invoke God Powers more than one time?

It was probably to make the Atlanteans more unique

Quote:

why isn't Kronos' Omniscience a bug? Even more if we consider that his tech tree lists the Omniscience

It seems intentional because ES disabled it under his Starting Age in the techtree, it's not due to it being covered by the timeshift button as some people think.

Sith
    Halo 2 Stats | AoMH | AoE3H | FMT

[This message has been edited by X_SithLord (edited 02-15-2004 @ 10:25 AM).]

posted 15 February 2004 10:41 AM EDT (US)     16 / 224  
    Kronos does not get Omniscience for a reason. For if he did, then he could merely mass up on gold..get Omni, then timeshift buildings wherever he pleased on the map.

posted 15 February 2004 11:14 AM EDT (US)     17 / 224  

Quote:

@Hrrr

Quote:

Why do only the Atlanteans have the right to invoke God Powers more than one time?

It was probably to make the Atlanteans more unique

Quote:

why isn't Kronos' Omniscience a bug? Even more if we consider that his tech tree lists the Omniscience

It seems intentional because ES disabled it under his Starting Age in the techtree, it's not due to it being covered by the timeshift button as some people think.

1. I believe Ensemble will put multiple God Powers at a next Xpack, or, perhaps, an upcoming patch
    2. And so why there is the Omniscience at Kronos' in-game tech tree?
    http://hrrr2004.blogger.com.br/kronostt.jpg

3. Another bug: Not everytime, when you Alt-Tab to goto another window besides the game, the game graphics still persist above other windows, despite the cursor considers it's not the game (i don't know if anybody understand this)

[This message has been edited by Hrrr (edited 02-15-2004 @ 11:31 AM).]

posted 15 February 2004 11:21 AM EDT (US)     18 / 224  
    I reckon that they planned to put it in initially but then realised what it would mean.

Sith
    posted 15 February 2004 01:00 PM EDT (US)     19 / 224  
    Do not ALT-TAB to switch between applications, but rather just hit the windows key to change programs. I noticed less problems/lag doing this than alt-tab.

Bolting citizens may screw up Attie player econonomy, but bolting a pharaoh screws up egyptian economy until pharaoh respawns 90 seconds later. Maybe ESO did this intentionally.

logicaltypecanbethrown is an indicator in protox file whether a unit can be thrown or not.
    The only units that actually do thrown type attacks are spider, carnivora, cyclops, and kraken.
    ROC cannot be affected by these as it is flying unit.
    Hersir and Tartarian Spawn I tested in map editor and they do not appear to be affected by "thrown damage" even though in protox file it would appear otherwise?!?
    Just disregard this "thrown damage" altogether. It only seems to work vs human soldiers, ships, and villagers anyways.

posted 15 February 2004 03:50 PM EDT (US)     20 / 224  

Quote:

1. I believe Ensemble will put multiple God Powers at a next Xpack, or, perhaps, an upcoming patch

Ha! You can't implement something like that in a PATCH!
    And there isn't going to be another X-Pack - they always make one (i.e. Rise of Rome, The Conquerors, and The Titans).

It may be in the upcoming AOE3.

posted 15 February 2004 04:39 PM EDT (US)     21 / 224  
    I think i may have found another bug. Twice the follow has happened: I am time shifting a building and i accidentally click to place it on top of another building that is under cunstruction. The game then goes out of sync.

I told you I'd be back.
    posted 15 February 2004 05:41 PM EDT (US)     22 / 224  
    when u got alot of TC's and pop is alrdy at 300 and u lose a TC even tho u got more then enuf u lose pop for that tc...
    B.

[This message has been edited by BLAUWROOD (edited 02-15-2004 @ 05:42 PM).]

posted 15 February 2004 09:49 PM EDT (US)     23 / 224  

Quote:

Quote:

Ha! You can't implement something like that in a PATCH!
    And there isn't going to be another X-Pack - they always make one (i.e. Rise of Rome, The Conquerors, and The Titans).

It may be in the upcoming AOE3.

1. Blizzard Entertainment released the 1.10 patch for Diablo II and its Expansion, and a lot of new features were brought inside that patch. And so why ES couldn't do the same?
    2. Age of Mythology seems to be unlike other Ages. There is enough space to at least one more Xpack
    3. Age of Mythology is NOT Age of Empires

[This message has been edited by Hrrr (edited 02-15-2004 @ 10:16 PM).]

posted 15 February 2004 10:01 PM EDT (US)     24 / 224  

Quote:

Kronos does not get Omniscience for a reason. For if he did, then he could merely mass up on gold..get Omni, then timeshift buildings wherever he pleased on the map.

I hope that's a joke.

Cicero_
    The great numbers in which you are here met this day, O Romans, and this assembly, greater than, it seems to me, I ever remember, inspires me with both an exceeding eagerness to defend the republic and with a great hope of relenquishing it.
    -Cicero's Fourth Philippic [106 B.C.-43 B.C.]
    posted 16 February 2004 08:29 AM EDT (US)     25 / 224  
    Sucks for you, it's true.

posted 16 February 2004 08:39 AM EDT (US)     26 / 224  
    Hey guys, keep from spamming in my thread ok. This is for bugs not a discussion of why Kronos can't get omnicience.

I tested that implode thing and it works for me.

Added a few more bugs

Sith
    posted 16 February 2004 01:35 PM EDT (US)     27 / 224  
    but Kronos' "lack" of Omniscience is a bug
    posted 16 February 2004 01:57 PM EDT (US)     28 / 224  
    Sorry Hrrr I don't think it is because it has been deliberately disabled by ES.

Sith
    posted 16 February 2004 03:06 PM EDT (US)     29 / 224  
    I think auto upgrade to Medium Archers by Atlanteans is also a bug. Or not?

Another bug is the display of "pierce attack" of sentry towers and docks. If sentry towers and docks don't attack, so why do they display a pierce damage?

[This message has been edited by Hrrr (edited 02-16-2004 @ 03:20 PM).]

posted 16 February 2004 03:13 PM EDT (US)     30 / 224  
    Not sure but that does remind me ... you only get the medium cavalry upgrade in Heroic ... I think thats a bug

Sith
    « Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 8  Next Page »
    Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Bugs In AoM: TT
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames