Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Reporting Issues to Ensemble Studios
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
posted 11 May 2004 05:33 PM EDT (US)   
Some players are still having problem reporting cheaters to us at ESO or they just do not know how to do it correctly. Usually they forget to include a record game or a link to a stats page or they fake the record game (that is a big no no). Anyway here is a format or "police report" if you will, that can be easily filled out and sent to us. It will help us make the turn around faster and more accurate.
Send us an e-mail at webmaster@ensemblestudios.com with the subject line of the accused persons name and what they did.

The record game should be named the same as the subject line. An example would be Robotbody1 - shades.rcx

In the body of the letter us this format

My ESO Nick : Your name

Cheater : Accused name

Offence : Shades, drop tricking, map hack

Link to stats page: HTTP:\\www.yourfavoritestatspage.com( http://eso.die-ohne-clan.de/AOMT ). If you can not find one that is ok but it will take more time for us to investigate the offence.

Record game details: Time the cheat happened or other information that proves the person is cheating.

If you have any questions about reporting cheaters please let me know.

[D4KU]

---
Everyone reading this thread, please take note of the new e-mail address!

[This message has been edited by GloryofSparta (edited 02-20-2006 @ 04:11 PM).]

Replies:
posted 11 May 2004 05:49 PM EDT (US)     1 / 113  
Thanks , now if you could keep this from getting burried that would be nice.

R.I.P Shiva
posted 11 May 2004 06:49 PM EDT (US)     2 / 113  
I think they ought to make this sticky. Also, fropco isn't up anymore, remember?

Thanks for the info.

.o.o Counter_Master o.o.
Independent Scenario Designer
Current Project: Alexandria
I don't got time for pain! The only pain I got time for is the pain I put on fools who don't know what time it is!' --- Terry Tate

[This message has been edited by Counter_Master (edited 05-11-2004 @ 11:35 PM).]

posted 11 May 2004 11:08 PM EDT (US)     3 / 113  
WooHoo, SuperTrooper links to an expired page (Fropco), proving they are as far on top of things as I thought. To bad they couldn't make the page with the maphack expire.

2nd place is the first loser
posted 11 May 2004 11:24 PM EDT (US)     4 / 113  
Alright! Thanks Supertroopers, this should clear up a lot of threads. In the future, if anyone misses this thread, and posts asking how to contact, just link 'em here.

"Oh yes, I will get back at you, and AOMH! This is a warning to you, so admit you are a bad mod and quit, otherwise, you will suffer the consiquences in the future!!!!"
posted 12 May 2004 08:28 AM EDT (US)     5 / 113  
This might be one of those permanent sticky threads.

.¸¸.· · .¸¸.·´ §hïvå | RágeOfHaemòn · .¸¸.· · .¸¸.·
« . ° ¤ Scenario Designer | Woad Creations ¤ º . »
posted 12 May 2004 12:19 PM EDT (US)     6 / 113  
Thank You SuperTroopers.
posted 12 May 2004 03:40 PM EDT (US)     7 / 113  

Quote:

WooHoo, SuperTrooper links to an expired page (Fropco), proving they are as far on top of things as I thought. To bad they couldn't make the page with the maphack expire.

*consults lp's "who cares" machine*

if your that picky about a link, why are you here? shouldnt you be chasing politicians? if you were on top of things here as you expect other people to be, you'd

a) know that AS has just started doing work around the forums etc.

b)realise that they have alot on their hands.

he gave two links anyway, so it hasnt actually stopped you from doing anything, has it? if you cared about the community, you wouldnt be picking on its sources.

im just a little annoyed right now... dont take me to seriously

posted 12 May 2004 06:05 PM EDT (US)     8 / 113  
While I don't particularly care for the flame, Jonah_Hex has a point...I completely missed that Fropco went down. When I first composed the text of this message (two weeks ago) it was working just fine. As we use internal stats queries for our ESO data, I don't often go out to Fropco or Die ohne Clan stats sites myself, so I didn't see that the link was invalid.

Was there a post on the boards here about it's disappearance? It's odd that D4KU and I would have missed that, as we generally read (or at least skim) all the new posts on the forums every day.

But, you have to admit, you guys generate a LOT of content on these forums, and sometimes it IS a daunting task to keep up with you all AND see to our other responsibilities at work!

That's why we post our contact information here, at the top of this thread. Jonah_Hex, I'd politely ask that if you think there are things that we're flat out missing (we admit it--we're human; it happens), please feel free to mail supertr00pers@ensemblestudios.com to bring it more directly to our attention.

Thanks again for your support, gang.

[AS]

posted 12 May 2004 06:20 PM EDT (US)     9 / 113  
There wasn't a thread about it, there was a news post. It was a perfectly understandable situation, AS

posted 12 May 2004 08:39 PM EDT (US)     10 / 113  
Sorry for flame, I guess I had a hard day at work, apology offered.
This whole Hades Shades thing has me worked up, when I first heard about it I stooped so low as to try it on someone online and now I wonder if I will be banned! I only did it once to see if it worked. I also used the Maphack for the titans, only for about 30 seconds to see if it worked, then I resigned. I hope the patch can catch the guys that use the maphack, Maphacks ruin games.

2nd place is the first loser
posted 13 May 2004 01:13 AM EDT (US)     11 / 113  
No prob, Jonah. We all have bad days. I wear my thick skin when reading forums anyhow--I've been a fanboy for enough games myself to understand how this works.

Shiva, that would explain why I missed it. I troll the forums every day, but rarely look at the news pages. Looks like I need to change my routine.

Thanks again, guys.

[AS]

posted 13 May 2004 01:11 PM EDT (US)     12 / 113  
^ model forumer
posted 13 May 2004 03:32 PM EDT (US)     13 / 113  
^ Not one. Don't spam, IPSO.

posted 13 May 2004 03:41 PM EDT (US)     14 / 113  
oh c'mon, im an ok forummer

i was just trying to break the ice after that whole thing, but i'll try and cut down on the spam if you like

also, you never explained why you keep putting my name in capitals. and how you got everyone else in the community forum to do it too it still creeps me out...

posted 13 May 2004 08:54 PM EDT (US)     15 / 113  
It's a mystery IPSO <_<;; *scary Psycho music*
C'mon, this won't help, we're still getting the whole concept down of reading stickies! jk, but hopefully now we won't see 8709234 Re: HADES SHADE BUG, MAP HACKER!! topics anymore...
Random fact: My new goal in life is to get all of the SuperTr00pers so say the word "dude" at least once...(yes my life is that boring)

Wanna hear someone smart talking? Well, you're at the wronger poster...

[This message has been edited by shminkledorf (edited 05-13-2004 @ 08:55 PM).]

posted 17 May 2004 03:56 PM EDT (US)     16 / 113  
Whats a map hack , and what does it do
posted 18 May 2004 11:19 AM EDT (US)     17 / 113  
its basically the reveal map cheat, but in a program, giving people an unfair advantage as cheats are turned off in rated.
posted 26 May 2004 09:07 AM EDT (US)     18 / 113  
hey thks for the imfo on the map hack ,,

i just wanted to stop and take a min to say what a outstanding job trooper has been doing:

Ihave found his wisdom to be outstanding and beyond what i could ever exspect. If there is a problem he had been not only helpfull, but polite and showing only the best qualities one could hope for from a eso employee. If i have a problem he has been quick to respond and solve the problem, always keeping me and my clan up on all the latest news and fixes. i think of all the eso workers he is the one most in touch with us gammers and should be commened for his commitment and dedication to us and the eso community... so this hooraa goes out for u trooper. Keep up the outstanding work and thanks always for your help and your knoledge you share freely with us. i can only hope to have more good ppl like you on our side

thank you
UDK_UndeadSlayer

posted 29 May 2004 06:17 PM EDT (US)     19 / 113  
1. There's not just one SuperTr00per, it's a bunch of people
2. Since you're sucking up so much, you are obviously a map hacker. Stop now or you will be banned

Wanna hear someone smart talking? Well, you're at the wronger poster...
posted 29 May 2004 06:46 PM EDT (US)     20 / 113  
thanks IPSO, I was wondering what a maphack did exactly.

.o.o Counter_Master o.o.
Independent Scenario Designer
Current Project: Alexandria
I don't got time for pain! The only pain I got time for is the pain I put on fools who don't know what time it is!' --- Terry Tate

posted 25 June 2004 03:26 PM EDT (US)     21 / 113  
My understanding of a Maphack was a change in a senario so that 1 player (commonly the host) has the 'uber' advantage.
posted 26 June 2004 04:24 PM EDT (US)     22 / 113  
^ nope, it works in rated. whats the point in cheating in scenarios?
posted 11 July 2004 10:30 PM EDT (US)     23 / 113  
SuperTr00pers, I'm sorry, but I'm new to this board. As a matter of fact, I really don't know much about AOM online. Who are these cheaters you speak of? What do they do on here and what should I be alert for?

Anthony

posted 26 July 2004 01:20 PM EDT (US)     24 / 113  
Heh, there was this one guy abusing me, insulting me about me being German, and saying things like I bet your Grandfather raped jews!!! I have screen shots of him saying all of that, but that was atleast a month in a half ago, so im forgetting about reporting it to ESO, even though if he made me want to kill him in real life...

Throwing Axemen arent Underpowered!!! (Well duh they are, you crazy? GS's Bro)
All this talk about them being weak drives me nuts! (Your are nuts.
Learn to use them RIGHT!!!(Learn to now whats nerfed!)
Gotta have a meatshield!!!(True, but they stilll are underpowered.)
Thank you! (GS's Bro.)
posted 26 July 2004 07:02 PM EDT (US)     25 / 113  
Hi, I seen the format of what I am supposed to do. So here goes. (Please email me to how long this investigation will take) monithebest007@hotmail.com
My ESO Nick : I_aM_MoNi and StRaT_ (my rated partner)

Cheaters :

Offence : drop tricking

Link to stats page: I am not sure what you mean by this, but I can link you to the game details.

Record game details: It happened near the end of the game, maybe around the 27min mark, when he.. was at countdown because of lag, he resigned, and then 5 min later the other player resigned.

I have posted the game in the recorded game sections for the proof, I dont know how I can post it here, but that is what I have there, I hope you can easily access it.
Thanks so much for hearing me out

[This message has been edited by Shiva (edited 07-26-2004 @ 07:19 PM).]

posted 26 July 2004 07:20 PM EDT (US)     26 / 113  
Reddragon_2002 - Read the topic thread, you are supposed to e-mail the Supertr00pers with that information, not post here.

I removed the "cheater's" names because naming people is against the HG CoC - http://forums.heavengames.com/support/tos.shtml

posted 27 July 2004 08:01 PM EDT (US)     27 / 113  
Sry shiva i sent that email after i posted it on the forum, i didnt read the thread properly.
posted 27 July 2004 08:57 PM EDT (US)     28 / 113  
That's okay. I hope you get your points back.

posted 14 August 2004 07:51 PM EDT (US)     29 / 113  
Can taking a senario without premission count?

Stu_Alpha
./\ .|._.|_.._.
/--\||_)|.|(_|
.......|........
AoM Vanella: 1560?
TT: 1497 (But much better than that)
posted 21 August 2004 05:49 PM EDT (US)     30 / 113  
SuperTr00pers, talking of favourite stats sites... do ES plan to get their own half-decent stats site up? I hope you do for your future games. Let's be honest, the one at eso.com was near useless.

...crikey the one at eso.com has gone. Is there no official stats lookup site now?

s i g n a l f i r e s
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Reporting Issues to Ensemble Studios
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames