You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Odin/Thor (w/ pig sticker) hunting +20% or +10%?
posted 05 June 2004 00:32 AM EDT (US)   
In vanilla 1.02 patch it basically states, now odin gets his hunting bonus and thor's pigsticker actually gives him a bonus (+10% for both).

In vanilla 1.03 patch is basically states heroes don't get bonus vs set animals

NOW, leap forward to AOM Titans present circa 1.03...

in the techtreex.xml/xmb extraction from the data2.bar
(if you don't know what this is, it basically shows the values of bonuses/penalties of techs and relics in the game of titans)
it shows Odin's villager/dwarves have +20% hunting bonus and same with Thor if you research the pig sticker tech.

So, what is the ACTUAL bonus?
Are they receiving the +20% that the game file shows, or is it actually only +10%?

As far as hero bonus vs set animals, I did test this, and they do in fact get the bonuses shown in the file.

Replies:
posted 05 June 2004 01:20 AM EDT (US)     1 / 5  
It's something like, even though it says 20% in the file, the tech only causes a 10% increase because of some bug. I beleive it was 10% written in the file to begin with, and had no effect, so they fixed it by telling it 20%. Somebody here is gonna tell you more excatly, cause that is where I heard it from. Both pigsticker and odin's hunting bonus are the same % bonus, btw.

Nick: Eten.
Gods: All of them!
Vanilla.
posted 05 June 2004 03:27 AM EDT (US)     2 / 5  
I actually ran some tests tonight.
I used same placement of deer, ox cart, and 5 starting gatherers for each 2 minute test.

Thor without pig sticker .85 / gatherer / second gained 375 food (tested twice exactly the same) This was my base rate of 0% bonus. They don't make 510 food because of bumping, dropping animal, and carrying capacity limitation.

Odin with 5 gatherers for a couple of minutes tried this a couple of times was 11% and 14% more than the 375 base test. (so more than 10% but less than 20%)

Thor with pig sticker a couple of times worked out to 11% and 17% (so more than 10% but less than 20% again)

Thor with hunting dogs but without pig sticker I did once and it was 24% more. (less than the 30% bonus that file indicates)

The tests are not entirely conclusive either way, but I am sure if you try labourers gathering from farm with (+22%) plow upgrade and without, you will not see 22% bonus, it will be a slightly smaller margin, but still relatively accurate. I don't know why, but all gathering bonuses seem to be slightly less.

posted 05 June 2004 03:53 AM EDT (US)     3 / 5  
I am very confused!!! When I saw this, I figured I would answer to the best of my knowledge, then later expect someone to answer with a more accurate and very factual answer. I was thinking, it probably be xentelian, he always seems to answer such things. I didn't realize it was you who posted in the first place! I feel confused and stupid.

Those numbers. I don't like seeing 24%, and not the 30% that the file indicates.

btw, I don't get exactly the numbers for % bonus for eggy to greek and norse. I mean is, eggy vils are ~10% slower, so do all upgrades then effect them less, because of a lower number to base the percentages on?

Nick: Eten.
Gods: All of them!
Vanilla.
posted 05 June 2004 11:27 AM EDT (US)     4 / 5  
Its not 30% like the file indicated since theres walking time. The tech doesnt make them walk 30% faster so while they gather 30% faster they walk at the same speed which makes the tech do slightly lower then it says.

Also etendorf you were right in the first place about odins bonus and pigsticker. It didnt do a thing originally so they made it 20% so that it would do the 10% (confusing yes but i know you know what I'm talking about).

About eggy vills as far as i know they get 11% from 10% bonuses. So basically say a regular vill gathers at 1.00 per second and an eggy vill gathers at .90 per second. If they both research a 10% tech the eggy vill will still be .10 behind. However at this point this is no longer 10% less, but 9% less. So over the course of a long game eggy vills will always be the same amount behind other vills in resources per second but will close the gap percentage-wise and be like 7% behind in the end.

[This message has been edited by lessthanjakeman9 (edited 06-05-2004 @ 11:32 AM).]

posted 05 June 2004 05:10 PM EDT (US)     5 / 5  
I did test eggy's on farming without the plow upgrade and then with the upgrade (+22% in techtreex file noted)
It basically worked out that with the upgrade it is +18% so basically, any of the upgrades don't fully do what they say, even if you take walk time/carrying capacities into account.

The true test for me will probably be Atlantean on gold pile without upgrade and then with pick axe to see if +10%percentage is actual...

Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Odin/Thor (w/ pig sticker) hunting +20% or +10%?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames