Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Noobest thing i ever did
posted 23 July 2005 06:13 AM EDT (US)   
I remember when i first started playing i was absolutely hopeless. I remember once i played norse for the first time ever and thought that dwarves wre scouts and sent them scouting around the map and i didnt know how to build buildings i thought it was a glitch because my peasents wouldnt build so i quit the game:S
I also remember when i played Greek i spammed pegasus and sent an army of them to my opponents base then i realised they didnt attack and got ****ed off so i quit again. Oh yeh and i remember the very first time i played i got pissed off because i couldnt build any more town centres at the start and i couldnt find the 'Barracks' anywhere and didnt know what the new name for barracks was
Sigh i really was a noob
Replies:
posted 23 July 2005 07:40 AM EDT (US)     1 / 26  
I decided to have a quick read of the manual after I did the pegasus thing: I made two or three and I tried to attack with them.

I also kept pressing Shift H CCCC instead of Shift H VVVV and ultimately realised you only needed to press H V-auto.

I thought all the God Powers were agressive. WHen I played Thor (I Think) i cast that gold mine on my enemy thinking it may reduce their Gold collection rate. WHat made it even worse is that I said to him "Yeah well take that..". And he said "Thanks"....DOH!

Another Noob event was yesterday when I made 15 Gigantes in Zelda Zone Of War only to realise they dont cause any damage physically....well insignificant amounts. I was blowing his army away for atleast 3 min before they started to die and his army was pretty much still strong. I guess you only use them to support your army.

So today I amd much better than when I was a NOOB, infact today I am a Super Noob

"To love Christ -means not to be a hireling, not to look upon a noble life as an enterprise or trade, but to be a true benefactor and to do everything only for the sake of love for God." —St John Chrysostom
"When one returns to the Greek; it is like going into a garden of lilies out of some, narrow and dark house." -Oscar Wilde.
posted 23 July 2005 07:47 AM EDT (US)     2 / 26  
When I used to be a noob, 1.5 years ago, I did meteor in my city, to try and get rid of invaders.

Cleverest thing I have ever done in a random map.

Maid, I don't think that will be necessary.
posted 23 July 2005 09:10 AM EDT (US)     3 / 26  
When I was a noob, I used to spam hydras and minotaurs, and I hardly ever made human soldiers... I also thought pegasi could attack, like many of you did, appareantly.
posted 23 July 2005 10:02 AM EDT (US)     4 / 26  
Lol talking about stupid use of god powers i was playing this guy the other day and after 5 mins he came into my base with 3 villies, used bolt on my ulf, and then apparettly he thought he had won. He kept saying 'U cheater u should be dead i killed your man' ??? Wtf is he on about lol thats the stupidest thing any noob has ever said to me
posted 23 July 2005 01:20 PM EDT (US)     5 / 26  
Well how bout this: when I first got TT XP, I first saw the Tartarian Gate GP after worshiping Hecate (by the way what a hottie!). Thinking that the tartarian spawns would obbey my commands I thought I could invoke it near my base and make an army. It wrecked my whole frikkin' town down. Meanwhile came my opponent's army, which was egyptian, and got killed by the spawns in my own leftover town. Just when I had like 2 villagers and no resources, I realized I could just press delete to keep them from coming out again.
posted 23 July 2005 02:03 PM EDT (US)     6 / 26  
I think the noobiest thing ive ever done was play scenarios and acropolis map...
posted 23 July 2005 02:58 PM EDT (US)     7 / 26  
What about the accidental Titan gate drop. Your busy mouse clicking everywhere doing your micro and then OHcrap...you just placed the titan gate under an enemy tower, fortress or army.

"To love Christ -means not to be a hireling, not to look upon a noble life as an enterprise or trade, but to be a true benefactor and to do everything only for the sake of love for God." —St John Chrysostom
"When one returns to the Greek; it is like going into a garden of lilies out of some, narrow and dark house." -Oscar Wilde.
posted 23 July 2005 03:24 PM EDT (US)     8 / 26  

Quote:

Lol talking about stupid use of god powers i was playing this guy the other day and after 5 mins he came into my base with 3 villies, used bolt on my ulf, and then apparettly he thought he had won. He kept saying 'U cheater u should be dead i killed your man' ??? Wtf is he on about lol thats the stupidest thing any noob has ever said to me

He probably thought it was game over, if you lost all units.

posted 23 July 2005 07:54 PM EDT (US)     9 / 26  
I remember thinking that some offensive godpowers like Earthquake and Meteor Storm only affected enemy units and buildings. I really learned well after casting Tornado on an army of enemy Destroyers who were attacking my Town Center and then seeing that it just destroyed it for them.

Ahhh the good old days....

~~ Strider s~~

There is a time for many words, and there is also a time for sleep. - Homer

posted 23 July 2005 11:11 PM EDT (US)     10 / 26  
Play DM, that's the noobiest thing I ever did.

Gameranger: _NiGhThAwK_
posted 25 July 2005 12:49 PM EDT (US)     11 / 26  
nubiest thing i ever did was... well Cast bolt on things like Hoplites and Only build Myth units. Once i even tried building a wonder in the middle of the map. Another thing was CHEAT and fight eazy computers alot. I really didn't Inporve and i became scared to fight moderates i eventually broke my fear and now do battle vs titans and real people

Out Reach
The guy who writes the erotic fan fiction in Yeebaagoon's signature
posted 25 July 2005 01:20 PM EDT (US)     12 / 26  
I was playing with this guy today who only made guardian anubited, he had about 20 of them and a few priests and all he would do is attack then heal then attack then heal.............. etc etc
posted 25 July 2005 05:45 PM EDT (US)     13 / 26  

"Society has traditionally alwalys tried to find scapegoats for its problems, well, here I am." - Marilyn Manson, 1996
posted 25 July 2005 08:18 PM EDT (US)     14 / 26  
Ha-ha. Nice one, tarmo_flake.

The noobiest thing I ever did was I was upset because my cities weren't as big as the ones in Age of Empires 2, so I'd cheat and make 3 of every building; armory, barracks, etc.

Haha. I always remember when I was playing the Titans I made a titan on the islands map and quickly found out they couldn't walk over water . What a waste.

posted 29 July 2005 09:52 AM EDT (US)     15 / 26  
ok, here's a noob.
I had no idea what the auto-queue was for...clicked on it a couple (or more) times in the Town centere and forgot about it.
Then i noticed that i was going short on resources (food) and pop cap! And when I switched view tomy Town centre i was horrified to find a huge army of 30 odd civilians just standing there doing nothing!
man...i had to turn savage and kill them all to get space for my army :-)
posted 13 August 2005 05:35 AM EDT (US)     16 / 26  
^Lol i still dont know what auto queue is because i dont have the expansion pack
posted 13 August 2005 05:51 AM EDT (US)     17 / 26  
TunaTheFisher was that neccesary [spelling?]i see its ur own made thread but pulling it back to up afteralmoust 10 days... think about if everyone would do that. and auto queue button is also known as repeat putton and if u put ur military building produce unit and press it it wont stop building them until u press it again
posted 13 August 2005 09:54 AM EDT (US)     18 / 26  
Well, I was playing norse wars once (for ladder) and a guy attacked my base, and he did about 1000 damage to my Hill Fort by the time I killed all his units. I then repaired my HF (Hill Fort) by the next time he came and he said "You cheater, you fixed your HF", "n00b", "Cheater". He then quiet, only to find out you can repair your HF. It doesn't matter that he left, because I would have kicked his ash anyway!

This has happend to be a few times now, its really annoying!

oh you can wait for what I can give
you know what I am so you know how I live
try to look proud but you’re not in the slightest
its happening now and it’s always been like this.
posted 13 August 2005 10:52 AM EDT (US)     19 / 26  
hmm i never see u on the ladder. anyway the noobiest thing ive ever done is not advancing for 20 min :P
posted 13 August 2005 10:58 AM EDT (US)     20 / 26  
I SUCK VS. THE MODERATE AI.That's definetley noobish.
posted 13 August 2005 11:53 AM EDT (US)     21 / 26  
Haha to the above post, you will laugh too one day. In the noobie days I used Isis (didn't know how op and lame she was back then) and I would just spam petchutos and phoenixes (my name kinda gives away how much I love that mythical creature, not in the game, in myth) against a moderate computer on the continents maps. The petchutos killed ships galoor, and the phoenixes just kept going to the enemy island in mobs, just to get shot down by towers and tc's and migdols. Haha, I don't remember if i finished the game, last time I remember it was at the 2 hour 30 mark.

Best game ever made, don't dieeeeeeee

[This message has been edited by AzianPhoenix (edited 08-13-2005 @ 11:55 AM).]

posted 13 August 2005 12:39 PM EDT (US)     22 / 26  
Well when im norse i don't use myth units! TOP THAT...

Chimp with a gun
AKA
Desert fox
WAR DOESN'T DETERMINE WHO'S RIGHT,
ONLY WHO'S LEFT
posted 13 August 2005 02:39 PM EDT (US)     23 / 26  
well i don't use myth units at all ahahaha :P

(not counting the free ones)

posted 13 August 2005 04:34 PM EDT (US)     24 / 26  
noobest thing ever-- not knowing what shifting sands did, i click on the power and tried to use it on the enemy army (clicked on enemy army). after finding that nothing happened, i saw some of my idle villies and tried to click on them.

can anyone guess what happened to the idle villies after that?

posted 13 August 2005 05:18 PM EDT (US)     25 / 26  
lol
posted 13 August 2005 05:25 PM EDT (US)     26 / 26  
I once tried being the norse and made alot of villies, thinking i would ragarok to victory, but, i then realized i was loki.

Another time I got confused with implode and vortex, and used implode in the middle of my town.

Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Noobest thing i ever did
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames