You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: What does pest do?
posted 11 February 2006 07:10 PM EDT (US)   
I think I'm facing a cheater. When I started playing online, I faced an oranos player and kronos rushed him. later when I was more experianced and read articles on cheaters, I played another (probably the same) oranos player. Here are the facts:

-both times my opponent advanced through oceanus (I think we can agree he's a noob)
-both times he had little defenses (first time a carvornia & oracle heros, second time 2 carvorniae and a few murs)
-both times I razed at least 4 of his buldings
-both times he sucked (please post if you disagree)
-and both times I was out of sync at a very convinient time for my opponent.

I think, based on these facts, you can agree this was the same guy using a glitch to his advantage.

Now, questions:
-I don't want to play him ever again, (unless he can't cheat, in that case I want to totally crush him) so how do I do that? Will pest list help? How does it work?
-does pest list do anything in quick setup? (of course that's where he lurks)
-I dont remember his account name, so is there a record of who I played? (I remember I read it somewhere in this site, but I can't find it)

Please answer my questions and thanks in advance.

Replies:
posted 11 February 2006 07:13 PM EDT (US)     1 / 18  
i think a pest list is so someone CANT whisper to.... and if anyone could help me with my problem..... this dude keeps making new accounts and whispering to me "belch fart my balls are itchy" that stuff and it really screws up my gaming and its annoying.... what should i do?
posted 11 February 2006 07:37 PM EDT (US)     2 / 18  
cowfan28, its funny how we ask for help in the forum and we (us two) usually read and/or replies to each other. (I replied to your post about auto-que, check it out if you haven't already)

anyways, if the guy has so much confidence in successfully getting you off eso, then its probably useless to try and stop him. But even confidence cannot guarrentee success. I would just ignore him (web insults aren't that insulting to me) and continue. You may want to insult back but I wouldn't suggest it since it just shows that you care so he'll keep annoying you. They say time is money and you are wasting his precious time if you just ignore him and let him send messages (of course add to pest if he's spamming messages) Anyways I don't find whisper-insults that effective (not that I done them! I swear!) since it does not appear during actual game-play, which to me matters the most.

posted 11 February 2006 08:36 PM EDT (US)     3 / 18  
cowfan, you should make another account yourself and play on thta for a while. and about pesting, it doesn't prevent you from getting matched with that person in quick setup.
posted 11 February 2006 08:50 PM EDT (US)     4 / 18  
That sucks. Do you guys think he was cheating? Does out of sync happen when people don't cheat? I read that es does not care about aom any more, so I'm not gonna find him and report him. So sorry but I'll be very suspicious of oranos players. (lol I'm gonna use oranos sonner or later)

Edit: btw, whats thta?

[This message has been edited by darkdude (edited 02-11-2006 @ 08:53 PM).]

posted 12 February 2006 12:02 PM EDT (US)     5 / 18  
1. Whispers DO appear in game

2. OOS can be caused by certain god powers on really sh1tty CPU's(sub 500mhz) too

posted 13 February 2006 01:19 AM EDT (US)     6 / 18  
Yes it sounds like he was oos hacking, unless he was lagging all game.

Im guessing thta is that spelt wrong.

Quote:

Anyways I don't find whisper-insults that effective (not that I done them! I swear!) since it does not appear during actual game-play, which to me matters the most.

Im 99% sure it does... i do it all the time with my clanmates.

If you pest him you can check when he is searching rated and wait till he gets a game.

Quote:

-I dont remember his account name, so is there a record of who I played? (I remember I read it somewhere in this site, but I can't find it)

yes if a) it was one of your last 10 games and if b) you have record games on in your game options. however recorded games show no evidence of oos, it just says recorded game ended.

www.vbclan.net - Aussie/Kiwi AoT and AoE3 clan
posted 13 February 2006 04:58 PM EDT (US)     7 / 18  
VB_WhiplashJC & st7860,
Sorry, I'm still quite new on ESO but I tried to whisper to a friend while he was in-game (or post-game I can't remember) and I could not send the message. (I'm sure he did not put me on pest)

Damn! I don't record my games, most are not worthwhile to watch and takes too much disk space if I record 100 games just for a few good ones, and it may be too late now to check. But would you mind giving me a link to that checking page? (I still didn't find it)

PS. I'm so stupid for not thinking it was "that"! But there's a lot of abreviations and "short" words on the net(I just used one!) these days and I thought it was one of them.

posted 13 February 2006 07:26 PM EDT (US)     8 / 18  
well then it is possible that maybe your friend turned of ALL pages, it is possible to do that, without adding anyone to your pest list.
posted 14 February 2006 11:08 AM EDT (US)     9 / 18  
Kind of a PITA - but if I remember right, if you set your "Privacy" on, then only people in your friends list can whisper to you.

FAILURE is not an option, it comes bundled with the software.
The graduate with a science degree asks, "Why does it work ?"
The graduate with an engineering degree asks, "How does it work ?"
The graduate with an accounting degree asks, "How much will it cost ?"
The graduate with an arts degree asks, "Do you want fries with that ?"
Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.
posted 14 February 2006 03:59 PM EDT (US)     10 / 18  
Thanks for the info but could I please please please have a link to the last 10 opponents checking page so I can add this guy to pest?

thanks

posted 14 February 2006 10:15 PM EDT (US)     11 / 18  
http://eso.die-ohne-clan.de/index.php?name=VB_WhiplashJC&gametype=Supremacy&timeperiod=AllTime &what=matches&aox=1&gmt=0&button=GO

replace VB_WhiplashJC with your eso name.

when you record games it only keeps the last 10 unless you rename them, at around 200 kb each for an average length game that's 2 mb total. it's very benefical to watch your own games to see what you're doing wrong.

[This message has been edited by VB_WhiplashJC (edited 02-14-2006 @ 10:20 PM).]

posted 14 February 2006 11:50 PM EDT (US)     12 / 18  
Thanks this link works but I can only view my last match. How do I wiew previous matches?

posted 15 February 2006 07:33 PM EDT (US)     13 / 18  
If they aren't there they are no longer on the eso stats server, so there is no way to get them, they are deleted after a period of time.

posted 15 February 2006 10:50 PM EDT (US)     14 / 18  
Well as for cowfan, there are 2 solutions:

1. Ignore him. The biatch doesn't need the satisfaction of receiving a response. He'll give up in a day or so and bother someone else. I've had people like that on games and it works 90% of the time.

2. Make a new user under a similar name. Become Cow_Fan28, or CowFan29, or TheCowFan28. The guy probably won't go through the trouble of guessing your new name if he suspects that you changed.

About darkdude's problem, there are server pinging programs that will mess up a network connection, which may cause an OOS in AOM. There is no way to stop these people, just write them down on a list and check for them in any game you play before pressing ready.

I've personally played with a map hacker before. I figured out he was hacking because against all odds, he found all 4 bases that I time shifted around the map within seconds of me placing the first building. I simply quit on him, called him a ****ing hacker and left.

Earth

"A planet does not explode of itself," said dryly
the Martian astronomer, gazing into the air.
"That they were able to do it is proof
that highly intelligent beings must have been living there."

[This message has been edited by Shadow Rat (edited 02-15-2006 @ 10:55 PM).]

posted 16 February 2006 04:29 PM EDT (US)     15 / 18  
Somehow this and my other topic ("Does everyone cheat these days?") are now parallel. Anyways, from that thread I found out the first place player is a cheater. is that true?

posted 16 February 2006 11:24 PM EDT (US)     16 / 18  
Probably.

posted 17 February 2006 07:44 PM EDT (US)     17 / 18  
And ES dosen't even care about the first place?

Not Even
*Holy Music*

_______+**/\**+_______
THE <<<((FIRST))>>> PLACE ?
_______*++\/++*_______

??????????????????????

[This message has been edited by darkdude (edited 02-17-2006 @ 07:45 PM).]

posted 17 February 2006 07:51 PM EDT (US)     18 / 18  
No.

Sometimes you need to scare the lambs,
tell tales of evil bad wolves.
Because if there is nothing to fear,
they might think for themselves.
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » What does pest do?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames