You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: how do u watch recorded games
posted 12 February 2006 00:23 AM EDT (US)   
i always download the file then it says select a program from a list or choose web program and i choose the list and i hit aom tt. then it takes me to the main menu of the titans and so i usually go to the recorded games section and there is nothing there except mine... plz tell me how

But I am really your friend man i'm just tryin ta tell you da truth but don't hate the game or the player, cuz the that's changin is you
Replies:
posted 12 February 2006 05:17 AM EDT (US)     1 / 10  
Put it into my dcouments/My Games/Age of Mythology/Savegame folder first. Then go into AoT and it will come up on the list. (Make sure it is a .rcx file if you are on TT).

Sometimes you need to scare the lambs,
tell tales of evil bad wolves.
Because if there is nothing to fear,
they might think for themselves.
posted 12 February 2006 07:16 PM EDT (US)     2 / 10  
okay i put it in the savegame folder and there is nothing in there. am i suposed to just leave the savegame folder and go into aomt? or is there supposed to be someting in the save game folder?

But I am really your friend man i'm just tryin ta tell you da truth but don't hate the game or the player, cuz the that's changin is you
posted 12 February 2006 07:19 PM EDT (US)     3 / 10  
Put the recorded game you want to view (.rcx file) into that savegame folder.

Then start up AoM:TT, hit more, then recorded games, and select the correct file from the list of games. You don't open the file yourself, the game runs the file.

posted 12 February 2006 07:38 PM EDT (US)     4 / 10  
ummm put it in tha save game folder? it only says open with, and save to disk... i always go to open with and hit aomx.exe

how do you put it in tha save game folder and are you supposed to open aom by urself or when you hit"open with" does it do it by itself?

posted 12 February 2006 07:39 PM EDT (US)     5 / 10  
You have to click save as, then put the file in savegame :/

You don't open the file at all. . .

posted 12 February 2006 08:04 PM EDT (US)     6 / 10  
i feel really stupid, okay...

i click the little red button that says"download file" then it brings up another page that has 2 options... it says either "open with" or "save to disk". I always hit open with and hit aomx.exe

what am i doing wrong?

posted 12 February 2006 08:07 PM EDT (US)     7 / 10  
Well aom and aomtt are use different file formats. Aom is .rec and aomtt is .rcx. YOu can only view rec in aom and rcx in aomtt
Also they have different saved game folders. For aom its here: Hard drive:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology\savegame

And here for aomtt: My Documents\My Games\Age of Mythology\Savegame

When you find a game you will notice from this site they are zipped so you would have to unzip them to the correct directory. But id recommend going to www.aotsanctuary.comyou will have to register but they have more experts there and you can search by god, player, etc.

Last I knew aotsanctuary defaulted to aoe3. YOu will have to click network and scroll down to aom/aomtt. Here you have the choice to dl the zip file or just the .rec or .rcx, in which case you can dl the file right to the correct folder.

Now just start the appropriate game, choose more and recorded games.

Hope this is clear enough.

Edit. Dont open it save it. When you click save a little box will open and let you choose the location to which to save it. Using the drop down , save it to the correct save games folder. If its a zip file you will have to save it to your desktop or someplace then unzip it to the correct folder. If you do not have a zip utility or do not know how too use one just right click the zip file, choose explore and you will see the .rec or .rcx file. Now just right click it and choose copy. Now open the saved game folder and right click and paste it.

R.I.P Shiva

[This message has been edited by Pug (edited 02-12-2006 @ 08:13 PM).]

posted 13 February 2006 08:56 PM EDT (US)     8 / 10  
hmmm...nope im still stupid

COME ON!!! I REALLY NEED TO WATCH SOME GAMES TO GET BETTER!!!

can someone just walk me through it, step by step *getting on hands and knees begging*

[This message has been edited by AoM_freak_123 (edited 02-13-2006 @ 09:10 PM).]

posted 13 February 2006 09:38 PM EDT (US)     9 / 10  
Ok. Before I start, if you do not have winzip, go download it. http://www.winzip.com/, they have a free version, thats all you need. Install it too.

From this site go to downloads central.

Now click on recorded games.

Now decide which game you want to watch. You can sort them by rating, uploaded, downloads and comments. Rating and downloads are good ways to sort them to get to some better games. But they have both aom and aomtt games. It shows which game it is when you click on the name of the game.

Now click on the blue arrow that points down, its to the left of the game name.

A small box will pop up and it will ask do you want to open or save this file. Click save.

Another box opens up and it says save as. On the bottom it will say save as type. It should say zip file or something to that nature. Possibly even compressed file. As long as in the save as box it says that your good so far.

Now at the top of that same box it says save in. Its asking where you want to save the file you are going to download. Use the drop down arrow and choose to save the file to your desktop.

Those white boxes next to save in and save as type are both drop down boxes. YOu hit the arrow pointing down to expand the choices.

Now make sure that at the top it now says save in desktop and at the bottom it says save as type, either zip, winzip, compressed file, or close.

NOw hit save which is on the bottom right.

It will quickly dl the file and say download complete you can close this box.

Now go to your desktop and find that zipped file.

Hover you mouse over the file and right click, choose open with and select winzip. Winzip will automatically launch. You may or may not have to choose to use evaluation version. Its free but that will pop up, but maybe not until a certain number of uses.

A box will open up and you will see your .rcx or .rec file. Click the name of the file once. It will become highlighted.

Now hit extract and a box will open up allowing you to choose where to extract it to. Use the drop down arrow to get to the saved games folder for aom or aomtt.

Its been said, but again. .rec for aom regular and .rcx for aomtt. And they have different saved games folders. Aom regular is here.
Hard drive, usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology\savegame

Aomtt is here.
My Documents\My Games\Age of Mythology\Savegame

YOu have to navigate to the savegame folder by follwing the above paths. Click My documents, then my games, then age of mythology, then savegame to get to aomtt savegame folder.

You will have to click on the folder and the icon will then be an open folder. Now just hit extract.

You are done with that part. Now just launch the game, aom or aomtt. In the main menu choose more, then recorded games. And watch it.

Thats as clear as I could make it. I hope it helps. I think your whole problem is that you do not have a file association with zip files. But I made you do a step that will fix that in the future. After the first time you can just double click the zip file and winzip will launch. You will not have to go thru the open with crap again.

If you go to aotsanctuary and get games you can dl the unzipped version and you can just dl the file right to the saved games folder.

R.I.P Shiva

[This message has been edited by Pug (edited 02-13-2006 @ 09:57 PM).]

posted 14 February 2006 00:34 AM EDT (US)     10 / 10  
oooooo i get it. i feel incredebly stupid. THANK U SO MUCH!!!

except now i dont know how to load scinerios. i tried to put it in the scinerio instead of savegame but it didnt work so im gunna post a new topic about that

[This message has been edited by AoM_freak_123 (edited 02-14-2006 @ 00:34 AM).]

Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » how do u watch recorded games
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames