You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Oranos Build Order (Kronos and Gaia)
posted 21 March 2006 00:43 AM EDT (US)   
Can anyone please help me on a good build order when playing with Oranos from the Archaic age to the Classical Age transition?

Help would be appreciated.

Someones life was once history ---->to story ----> to legend----> to MYTH....
Our life will once be history ----> to story ----> to legend----> to MYTH...
And maybe they might make a game out of it... like Age Of Mythology (The Titans) ..... LOL

MY AOM: TT USERNAMES.... Ushhud(ALMOST NEVER), LC_Ushhud (VERY RARELY), DS_Ushhud (RARELY), KoD_Ushhud (ALWAYS)
Replies:
posted 21 March 2006 02:30 AM EDT (US)     1 / 23  
4:30

Eco guild + HD
Food
Food
Wood
Gold + build manor with gold vill + temple when you have res
Food
Food
Gold + advance prometheus
2 food to wood

4:00
Food
Food
Have next vill chop wood until he gets 5 wood (1 hit) then build manor + temple then food
Food
Food
Food
Advance Prometheus, 2 food to gold, 2 food to wood

(you need the extra 5 wood to make the last vill)

Sometimes you need to scare the lambs,
tell tales of evil bad wolves.
Because if there is nothing to fear,
they might think for themselves.
posted 21 March 2006 06:35 AM EDT (US)     2 / 23  
sam_ham not to say anything bad but i sometimes play a 4:30 but i never tried a 4:00. how effective is it? and which civ shud i use it against? plz

NotN00b23
fox7574
Seven_Curd
posted 21 March 2006 04:32 PM EDT (US)     3 / 23  
I need a starting BO for kronos. Sam_Ham, I think your second BO works for kronos, right? I want to try out BO's that are different to the Krush starting BO.

posted 21 March 2006 05:31 PM EDT (US)     4 / 23  
Works for any atty God.

I don't really have the Oranos experience to tell you in which situations exactly you should go 4:00 instead of 4:30. Watch a load of Cyclone's recs, he uses the 4:00 BO quite a lot.

Sometimes you need to scare the lambs,
tell tales of evil bad wolves.
Because if there is nothing to fear,
they might think for themselves.
posted 21 March 2006 05:59 PM EDT (US)     5 / 23  
kk :P
what is your god?

NotN00b23
fox7574
Seven_Curd
posted 21 March 2006 11:07 PM EDT (US)     6 / 23  
Are there anymore atlantean BO's?

Oh yeah, are the times listed on the BO the time when you reach classical or when you click the classical button?

posted 22 March 2006 00:13 AM EDT (US)     7 / 23  
sometimes as gaia i play a heavy food and advance around 5:30 and go heavy on murms. this works well vs other norse as they ussualy dont have enough murms to fight back, leaving them with undefended turmae and chieros.

I love jesus,with every part of my body, does that make me gay?
posted 22 March 2006 01:42 AM EDT (US)     8 / 23  
gaia's are generally differant to oranos/kronos ones, being more econ heavy.

Kronos BOs=Oranos BOs, except oranos isn't as good a krusher.

times are age up times.

the kronos/oranos ones i use that haven't been mentioned:

archaic 2 tc (5-6 + 2tcs):

guild(hd) food
food
wood
gold (manor)
gold
wood (near 2nd tc, build tc)
rest to food, move 1 gold to food when tc is going up.

430-5 water:
dock - wood - manor
fishing ships as wood allows
food
food
wood
rest to food, temple, adv.

www.vbclan.net - Aussie/Kiwi AoT and AoE3 clan

[This message has been edited by VB_WhiplashJC (edited 03-22-2006 @ 01:43 AM).]

posted 22 March 2006 09:19 PM EDT (US)     9 / 23  
How risky is it to have 2 TC's in archaic?

posted 23 March 2006 01:05 AM EDT (US)     10 / 23  
depends. against non agressive greeks, eggys, gaia, it's easy. i have seen it done against odin/thor, but i wouldnt try it against loki/oranos/kronos.

posted 23 March 2006 09:48 AM EDT (US)     11 / 23  
Doing a 2-TC Boom with Gaia and advancing about 6:00 (around the same time as the opponent - which is unusual for Atlantis) will give you such an amazing econ that you can almost always outpop your opponent's army early on and have a great advantage.
posted 23 March 2006 11:15 AM EDT (US)     12 / 23  
i do exactly what quircus said as gaia, i start building my 2nd tc jus as im advancin through the classic age, this will get u high 16++ ez. i got 1708 with it

NotN00b23
fox7574
Seven_Curd
posted 23 March 2006 03:52 PM EDT (US)     13 / 23  
But why is gaia the best for 2 tc early boom? I don't think her tc's are cheaper....

posted 23 March 2006 04:09 PM EDT (US)     14 / 23  
^ First of all, she can build them while shes advancing if she wants. Second, they generate lush and heal themselves.

FlameoftheWest
---------
Titans Player
AoM Vanilla Player on Gameranger
posted 23 March 2006 04:11 PM EDT (US)     15 / 23  
Well, can't all atlanteans build tc's while advancing?

posted 23 March 2006 04:15 PM EDT (US)     16 / 23  
They all can, yes.

FlameoftheWest
---------
Titans Player
AoM Vanilla Player on Gameranger

[This message has been edited by FlameoftheWest (edited 03-23-2006 @ 04:16 PM).]

posted 23 March 2006 11:55 PM EDT (US)     17 / 23  
gaia is better because of cheap econ ups. kronos and oranos do it passably.

posted 24 March 2006 00:30 AM EDT (US)     18 / 23  
gaia has defensive gps, gaia cant that prometheus so no need to stockpile lotsa of gold, gaia can get wood faster, gaia can (if done right) get to the tc's faster(channels), and the lush is good

I love jesus,with every part of my body, does that make me gay?
posted 24 March 2006 05:48 AM EDT (US)     19 / 23  
It is also possible to FT with Gaia. I remember doing it against a Greek player a while ago. Since they expect you to be defensive until Mythic, they normally try to boom (which is silly because no-one can out-boom Gaia, not even Isis) and if you can get to Mythic, and while advancing make some barracks, then research the Secrets of the Titans, and while it's researching, build some walls and upgrade towers, and use all of your spare resources on some Arcus and MUs, then you should be able to get a Titan out at about 15:00 (IIRC).

Also, covering a lot of your sides with her Gaia's Forest GP will help immensly.

posted 24 March 2006 04:30 PM EDT (US)     20 / 23  
Can gaia rush?

posted 24 March 2006 05:46 PM EDT (US)     21 / 23  
Not nearly as well as Kronos or Oranos, but if you do attempt a rush... well, let's just say... noone ever expects the gaia rush! >_>

What's worked for me (the rare time I've used gaia) is to do your good 'ol 6 minute advance so they're sure you're "booming", you hit classical and get tons of military buildings up. Works well if you capture a forward TC.

But I'm not by any means a Gaia expert, that strat could be suicide over the 1600 level for all I know :P (and I'm pretty sure it is)

"Build a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and you warm him for the rest of his life." -Chinese proverb

"If MacGyver and Jack Bauer were in a fight, Chuck Norris would win."

[This message has been edited by rippy (edited 03-24-2006 @ 05:51 PM).]

posted 24 March 2006 08:36 PM EDT (US)     22 / 23  
People below 1600 usually don't understand "rush" "boom" or "turtle" so they don't counter booms. I don't think advancing 6 min would work because they can't get tricked to doing something they don't know!

posted 26 March 2006 04:10 PM EDT (US)     23 / 23  
im only just over 1700 with gaia but i find u can get ur 2nd tc early and still be very aggressiv, she kicks ass and is very versatile, boom, agressiv attack, Fh, FM, FT. she is good for erly attack as she gets army the same way oranos does and she has cheap eco ups to help ur eco flow better then it would if u was oranos. yet oranos is still easier to rate with.

Quote:

People below 1600 usually don't understand "rush" "boom" or "turtle" so they don't counter booms.I don't think advancing 6 min would work because they can't get tricked to doing something they don't know!

yet i think it would because they wont be good enough to stop u :P

NotN00b23
fox7574
Seven_Curd
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Oranos Build Order (Kronos and Gaia)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames