Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Hotkeys "A"
posted 23 July 2006 03:12 AM EDT (US)   
So ive never really used hotkeys because I never could pick a single god to play, and to use the standard hotkeys that fit all gods is too much to remember and not fluent. It seems now though i mostly play kronos or Thor. Doing a krsuh, you really dont need hotkeys because you hit like 10 buttons and bam! 20 units in his base at 5:00. So i made my hotkeys norse specific.

I use the Q row for TC and economy units, the A row for longhouse, and the Z row for Hillfort.

The problem here is the letter "a". My hotkeys have barracks as "a". I even assigned "b" to somethin like build wall. If i mouse over the icon of a longhouse, it says "(a)". So i hit "a", and i dont get the outline of a longhouse, but instead a sword...wtf. I guess it is like a default attack comand.

Does anyone know why this happens or if it is fixable. It doesnt really effect my keys, cause i just shifted over one and made "s" barracks, it just bothers me why my settings dont run properly.

Replies:
posted 23 July 2006 03:46 AM EDT (US)     1 / 2  
"a" is the attack-move command (the unit moves to the place indicated and attacks any enemy units it encounters, instead of ignoring them which is what happens when you right-click a location). You can probably remove this by editing the actual hotkeys file to set attack-move to another button.
posted 23 July 2006 01:32 PM EDT (US)     2 / 2  
The reason it happens is because they had an oversight and made A attack move but also for Build Longhouse. There are a lot of oversights like this. Here's a funny one:

Okay, so it's not this game, but you see my point. Just make the longhouse command S, it'll be fine.

I'm on a a mac, I don't have titans, I'm new to age of mythology but not all RTS.
Pi memorisers club! Not to be confused with Pi club! Memorise Pi to at least 10 decimal places (3.1415926535) and post what you have memorised in your signature! 3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Hotkeys "A"
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames