Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: New Strategy - KKRUSH
posted 16 April 2007 04:57 AM EDT (US)   
We've all heard of the krush.

It's an alright strategy, but you won't get to 17+ with it.

And, like the krush, you probably won't get 17+ with this strategy either, but it's still a bit of fun.

I call it the kkrush. Why? Kwik-Krush.
It's basically a krush, but faster.

How did I come up with this?
I was wondering what was the absolute fastest advance time in a rated supremacy match. I mean, if you advanced early enough, you're free MU and god power could give the enemy a hell of a problem.

What do you do?

I did a bit of experimenting, and I know for sure that this strategy work's best with Kronos, but could be potentially pulled off with oranos or gaia.

Basically, you advance really really fast.

As soon as the game loads, do two things: Make a citizen, and get your starting citizen to build a temple.

Remember your hotkeys for Town Centre and Citizen. By default, this is H and V. As soon as the game loads, you can hit H V and you will have one citizen being made. Time is crutial to this strategy.

Hold down shift, and assign the starting citizen to the nearest huntable, so it will move to hunting as soon as its done with the temple.
Your second citizen should also go straight to food, and don't make any more.

All your oracles must be sent straight to the enemy. Get a scouting of the resources surrounding his base, you will not need to scout around yours.

At approximately 1:37 or less, you should be hitting the Advance button, and advancing through prometheus.
You should also be timeshifting your temple to outside their base.

Before you are halfway advanced, move one citizen to gold.

Once advanced, get another promethean from your temple, so you'll have two (the one you bought + free MU) and use valor on your oracles, giving you an army of 2 MU's and 3 heros.

Your citizens should be on autoque after advance also. Just follow your usual BO for atty now. Keep in mind that you will have to build one manor to support the additional citizens - you will have enough wood left over without chopping some just yet.

Your primary goal is to harass and kill their villagers, and ox cart.
Basically the same as the Krush, but earlier. You won't be able to afford to make turma, but this can come into play just a little bit later. You will however, be able to purchase another promethean, meaning you'll have 3 MU's by 3:40.

As your economy strengthens, their economy will suffer big blows.

Summary.

• Make temple with starting citizen, then send to huntables
  • Make just one extra citizen from the TC, that is sent straight to huntables
  • Send all oracles to scout enemy base
  • Timeshift temple to nearby enemy base
  • Advance ASAP, usually clicking button at about 1:37
  • During advance, move one citizen to gold, keeping the other on food so you can make another citizen after you're finished advancing
  • Cast valor on oracles and make another promethean (loop them) when advanced
  • Harass enemy villies ASAP
  • Keep economy going, and incorporate turma when ready.

Uses

This strat can only be used on maps with nearby starting huntables, which is most maps.

It will not work on Egyptian, and has a reduced chance of working against Greeks.
    It will work quite well against norse, or atty, especially if its a kronos player attempting a Krush.

Tips

The scouting is very important. Try to keep an eye on enemy food villagers, as this is most important.

Try not to be noticed by the enemy

Be as fast as possible

Try not to let the enemy get a temple up, and if they do, deconstruct it. (unless they are greek or atty, you can wait 20-30 seconds or so, then deconstruct it)

Could be hard to pull off, but it could get you up to at least 1650.
    Flawed, but fun, and sometimes it's nice to see a new strat.

-[Hello..
  • Replies:
    posted 16 April 2007 05:11 AM EDT (US)     1 / 14  
    I've heard/seen this used before, but a good guide nonetheless

Sometimes you need to scare the lambs,
    tell tales of evil bad wolves.
    Because if there is nothing to fear,
    they might think for themselves.
    posted 16 April 2007 05:47 AM EDT (US)     2 / 14  
    2 is a bit nasty. a friend (a while ago when we were 1650s) did a 4 chubby krush, which worked well enough that most of the time they never got a temple up.

imo you need at least 3, one for each res. with the 4 one you can have less tc idle time.

www.vbclan.net - Aussie/Kiwi AoT and AoE3 clan
    posted 16 April 2007 06:53 AM EDT (US)     3 / 14  
    I've had this used against me in rated when I was norse and boy it was tough to beat... the guy was 100% 1800. However vs an Eggy player I doubt it would work that well.

"The next turn I attacked those that had been attatched, fiendishly fracturing the friendly faction fraction"
    -Wartrain.

"Why not do the exciting thing and sit back, boom to a rag and use flaming weapons? - Who would have thought a Thor player could show this level of innovation?"
    -Vagabond Tom.

posted 16 April 2007 07:17 AM EDT (US)     4 / 14  
    VB_WhiplashJC - This is all about speed. If you go any more than 2, you sacrifice speed, and if you only go 1, you only advance 20 seconds faster, and its not worth it.

With this strat, you will have enough food for only a little bit of idle time at one point.

and yes, it can be very frustrating for norse because of the ox cart =)

And its pretty much useless vs eggy, thanks to their two free heroes.

-[Hello..

[This message has been edited by AdZyZ (edited 04-16-2007 @ 07:18 AM).]

posted 16 April 2007 10:40 AM EDT (US)     5 / 14  
    a counter-Krush is what it should be called.
    posted 16 April 2007 10:44 AM EDT (US)     6 / 14  
    Act1on uses this strat... He says he likes it v. Eggy....
    posted 16 April 2007 12:56 PM EDT (US)     7 / 14  
    up by 2.37? wow. Lets see a rec...
    posted 16 April 2007 04:45 PM EDT (US)     8 / 14  
    Interesting. Good way to just have fun an amaze your opponent I guess. I may try it sometime. It will probably work on the guys that resign the second you start attacking them.

posted 16 April 2007 08:03 PM EDT (US)     9 / 14  
    well the test to see if it's worth it is to see how many units you can have at the time he would have advanced had you not been attacking him. ill try it in a bit.

posted 16 April 2007 08:20 PM EDT (US)     10 / 14  
    Thanks!

I just totally blew someone away using that exact strategy, my time to classical was 1:38, so you were very close.

After the game he was so pissed, he resigned at like 9 minutes after i killed his towncenter.

Thanks again!

I R O N C L A W 7 7
    Everything that shines ain't always
    gonna be gold.
    posted 16 April 2007 08:21 PM EDT (US)     11 / 14  
    good job
    posted 16 April 2007 10:23 PM EDT (US)     12 / 14  
    2 Chubbie adv 237. @5:00, 3 oracles + 3 proms, 4 chubbies. cant even afford a crax yet.

everything's idle waiting for rescources.
    that army is the same army i had at 340... so while you can get them dam fast, you cant make much after. if your opponent gets up and a single production building up, you're screwed.

4 chubbie adv 312. @5:00, 3 oracles + 3 proms + 2 turma, 6 chubbies.

econ is pumping, ive got a turma, a prom and a chubbie being trained.

or you can go the standard krush, but that is considerably slower for a little more power because you need to build a manor before you age up.

seems conclusive to me.

posted 17 April 2007 02:32 AM EDT (US)     13 / 14  
    Actually I screwed ups :S the Guy made 3 vills with 4 vills in total :S

"The next turn I attacked those that had been attatched, fiendishly fracturing the friendly faction fraction"
    -Wartrain.

"Why not do the exciting thing and sit back, boom to a rag and use flaming weapons? - Who would have thought a Thor player could show this level of innovation?"
    -Vagabond Tom.

posted 17 April 2007 02:45 AM EDT (US)     14 / 14  
    It's just a simple little strat. You don't need to over analyse it.

The aim of this strat is to be as fast as possible, as the later you leave it, the more villagers opponent has/higher chance he has made a temple (meaning weak heroes or a greek hero)

This is all about attacking way too early to conventionally do much, and as long as you loop citizens, the economy will be fine after not too long.

-[Hello..
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames