Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Weirdest......Strat.....Ever
posted 05 June 2007 07:20 PM EDT (US)   
I just played a decent set player. He was doing bad then went FH. He had an army of 20+ animals and he shifted almost all his villies to a random spot near my LOS. He cast ancestors, vision, and then attacked me with 20+ animals, at least 6 rams, 13 ancestors, and I'm like crap, gg.

He did this in idk, around 8 minutes?

i had 6 hips, 5 hops, and 2 centaurs to defend the massacre.

how to counter as Zeus?

[This message has been edited by BlackSun88 (edited 06-05-2007 @ 07:23 PM).]

Replies:
posted 05 June 2007 07:24 PM EDT (US)     1 / 28  
ceasefire

Sometimes you need to scare the lambs,
tell tales of evil bad wolves.
Because if there is nothing to fear,
they might think for themselves.
posted 05 June 2007 07:26 PM EDT (US)     2 / 28  
aww, sam stole my thunder. CF kills villy rushes. Also.. a big thing to remember is that getting housed will hurt you so bad. He probably remembered to build houses while you forgot, thus having a smaller army and him having a bigger army (obviously)
posted 05 June 2007 07:26 PM EDT (US)     3 / 28  
To SAm Ham:

i did. That gave him time to build all the seige. When he cast ancestors, i cast ceasefire, but when cease ended, he had a couple miggies up firing at me.

To a_game_a_win
i wasn't housed, hips cost a decent amount of pop and resource.

[This message has been edited by BlackSun88 (edited 06-05-2007 @ 07:28 PM).]

posted 05 June 2007 07:36 PM EDT (US)     4 / 28  
he villy rushed as you had army?

having hips and hops (lmao i sound like an old man talking about rap) about that leads me to assume that you have barracks/stables (whod've thunk it)..

during ceasefire you can pull out 2 hops and 1 hip right (roughly) and using your own villies you could've built towers?

i'm not sure if this works...

set animals are great against buildings, i know i have started using croc. armies to take down hill forts/migdols quite easily if the enemy tries building a little too close into my base.

but i do know that the easiest way to take a villie rush is to get some towers set up near your TC. their goal is getting your TC, so villies will have to attack it (unless he has enough animals to just wipe you clean with them) and if you have 4 towers + TC all in firing distance, 20 villies will turn into 2 at about the time he gets your TC almost done with (these are guessed numbers)..

i've done many villie rushes and well i know ways u can get screwed over.

Also, as zeus, make use of having heroes (jason/odysseus) should ALWAYS be out when facing a set... animals are easily destroyed by heroes and VILLAGERS (its considered hunting they can shoot bows at them).
posted 05 June 2007 07:38 PM EDT (US)     5 / 28  
thanks Squeoo
posted 05 June 2007 07:46 PM EDT (US)     6 / 28  
i did. That gave him time to build all the seige. When he cast ancestors, i cast ceasefire, but when cease ended, he had a couple miggies up firing at me.
So he built two migs during ceasefire? Must be a hacker then.

More likely he had them up before he even attacked and just outplayed you. Save cease to nullify anc and use vills against siege towers. If you dont have the units to defend then he deserves to win.

Sometimes you need to scare the lambs,
tell tales of evil bad wolves.
Because if there is nothing to fear,
they might think for themselves.
posted 05 June 2007 07:48 PM EDT (US)     7 / 28  
Yeah it was made close cuz i almost killed all his gold vills during a raid.

Also, adding to this. I was playing a 3v3 and one the opponents, Hades, went FM and spammed chimera tyrants after a devastating earthquake on my Norse friends FB. Anyway to counter massed MU as Greek what do i do? I know heros and more MU, but what else? Seige?

[This message has been edited by BlackSun88 (edited 06-05-2007 @ 08:22 PM).]

posted 06 June 2007 00:01 AM EDT (US)     8 / 28  
unique units + beast slayer

www.vbclan.net - Aussie/Kiwi AoT and AoE3 clan
posted 06 June 2007 00:38 AM EDT (US)     9 / 28  
yay i was thanked ... i feel great, giving advice that doesn't suck feels good... im gonna start doing that!
posted 06 June 2007 00:47 AM EDT (US)     10 / 28  
To question your title, how is that the weirdest strategy ever? It really isn't that, well, unique or weird I guess.

The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses –
behind the lines,
in the gym,
and out there on the road,
long before I dance under those lights.
posted 06 June 2007 03:12 AM EDT (US)     11 / 28  
during ceasefire you can pull out 2 hops and 1 hip right (roughly) and using your own villies you could've built towers?
As SamHam already mentioned, neither migdols (or other kinds of forts) nor towers can be erected during ceasefire. I share his opinion: This was not a hacker. He outplayed you hands down and made the migdols before even attacking you.

Darkness is a state of mind
Valor is the contempt of Death and Pain. (Tacitus)
Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by hitting back. (Piet Hein)
posted 06 June 2007 03:54 AM EDT (US)     12 / 28  
Okay, okay heres what I don't get, please clarify.
He was doing bad then went FH.
Okay...in what way was he 'doing bad', obviously if he was having a hard time economic wise, he wouldn't been able to FH successfully and still have 'at least 6 rams'. Did you leave him alone or something, cause if you raided him constanly in conjunction with him doing badly, this wouldn't be a turnout.
Okay, this suggestion would've been uselss in your case, as A. 6 Minute Mythic? Dream on. Besides, how crap will your economy be? In a later game, yes.
Okay, here is what REALLY confused me.
1. You can't build Forts when Ceasefire is on, (DaP & Various others have mentioned that)
So therefore, what you're saying is that he built these around the 6 minute mark?
He cast ancestors, vision, and then attacked me with 20+ animals, at least 6 rams, 13 ancestors
If you had indeed cast Ceasefire, there wouldn't be '13 Ancestors', so you'll only be up againts 6 Rams & 20 Animals. You should be able to have two heroes against these animals, and the seige towers should fall easily vs. Hippikons and Hoplites especially as you get more duting Ceasefire, as they are quite slow. I don't think a battle like this would have cost you the game, it might set you back a bit, but not enough to resign (IMO)

Yeah it was made close cuz i almost killed all his gold vills during a raid.
Okay, please tell me how on earth can you kill all his miners, I am guessing you raided with centaurs? Most surely survived, a few may have died, but I think even he knows when to move. This leads to me also being suspicious here too. If you DID raid and kill all his gold miners how then can he FH, Build Midgols or 6 Rams?

This better be a hacker, Detective Devil better not sniff out a rat like that other guy who claimed a very similar thing.
posted 06 June 2007 06:15 AM EDT (US)     13 / 28  
Detective Devil better not sniff out a rat like that other guy who claimed a very similar thing.
Sorry, who smelled him out? I think you will find it was MASTA NINJA.
and then attacked me with 20+ animals, at least 6 rams, 13 ancestors, and I'm like crap, gg.
you are kidding? get your villagers to kill his rams(which he cant POSSIBLY have had 6 of), your cents to focus fore the animals, and your army+heroes to kill his anestors. During ceasefire you should have built rax all round your tc, and walls and anything else to stop his vills getting there.
posted 06 June 2007 06:20 AM EDT (US)     14 / 28  
cough cough, it's only at the 8 min mark
posted 06 June 2007 06:48 AM EDT (US)     15 / 28  
Sorry, who smelled him out? I think you will find it was MASTA NINJA.
WHAT? So he posted before me, so what? I was the one that basically tore down all his points! So I do all the hard work, and get no credit due to the fact that Master Ninja (who is a great guy, don't get me wrong) posted first, even though his comments were very DIFFERENT to mine, and my points doubled his.
you are kidding? get your villagers to kill his rams(which he cant POSSIBLY have had 6 of), your cents to focus fore the animals, and your army+heroes to kill his anestors. During ceasefire you should have built rax all round your tc, and walls and anything else to stop his vills getting there.
"army+heroes to kill his anestors"
Obviously you don't read the entire post, which is why you point at me being a fraud (I want you to take that back :P).
I already said that since he used CEASEFIRE, THERE WOULDN'T EVEN BE ANY ANCESTORS!!!!!
Quoted from VB_Whiplash:

cough cough, it's only at the 8 min mark
I already said that

Well looks like my case is coming to a close! I'll put this case alongside "BOY FAKES BEING BEATEN BY MOTHER TO GET ATTENTION".
posted 08 June 2007 10:09 PM EDT (US)     16 / 28  
Also, adding to this. I was playing a 3v3 and one the opponents, Hades, went FM and spammed chimera tyrants after a devastating earthquake on my Norse friends FB. Anyway to counter massed MU as Greek what do i do? I know heros and more MU, but what else? Seige?
says nothing about being at the 8min mark. its a different game to the one in the original post.

www.vbclan.net - Aussie/Kiwi AoT and AoE3 clan
posted 08 June 2007 11:05 PM EDT (US)     17 / 28  
PF4Dead was banned recently and he is my friend so I will second his ideas. First of all he si irritated due to your response. He never said you were a fraud plus, the point being that the villagers go on rams which totally counts more than taking back "heroes + army" which would help if there were any ancestors. Let the host answer first then we will be clear minded about what is going on. For sure I disagree with the fact that you are 100% sure the thread host is a liard and not that he played against a hacker which would prove similar results anyhow.

Reconcile not with the fear of the snake, but embrace it as your own...
posted 08 June 2007 11:11 PM EDT (US)     18 / 28  
PF4dead was right in his ideas. He is highly rated (1700's) so he does know what he is talking about probably. I know he was banned for good reasons, but that wouldn't have been too hard to stop if you really worked. Anyways, you should have had an army ready but 8 minutes. Villies rape siege, heroes rape MU's (ancestors) and army/heroes animals. Did you have a good economy?

behind the lines,
in the gym,
posted 09 June 2007 00:48 AM EDT (US)     19 / 28  
I know he was banned for good reasons
Talk for yourself since I can't seem to get these reasons after checking his moderation, he was blamed of instigating piracy while he was obviously joking. Also, I am noting that he wasn't flaming anyone but more like showing the mistakes of others ironically, which is commonly used by our smart forumers, no reason for ban at all. Plus, in two of the banning or moderation threads, he wasn't even informed as to his referal in banning. Hadedrew made some rhetorically wrong points but that wouldn't lead to a banning would it? He used **** and was banned! FFS I have seen millions of forumers use it and myself like 5 times already counting this without even a reaction from a forumer not talking about mods. I am sorry but when people have some grudges they should be more careful about doing their job instead of banning uncontrollably.

[This message has been edited by DBGT44 (edited 06-09-2007 @ 00:50 AM).]

posted 09 June 2007 12:25 PM EDT (US)     20 / 28  
in honor of the name of the thread ant not the thread itself, i think the weirdest strat is when someone ape rushed me as set when i loki about to hersir flood him.

that was quite entertaining.

*edit*

and just to add a moral to this story, that is why you always properly scout the enemy.

[This message has been edited by Squeoo (edited 06-09-2007 @ 12:26 PM).]

posted 09 June 2007 12:42 PM EDT (US)     21 / 28  
Hersir rush HT >>>> Apes of Set full frontal anal rape

posted 09 June 2007 12:59 PM EDT (US)     22 / 28  
PF4dead continually flamed others and broke many rules of the COC and was warned my moderators several times. Your searching was probably at fault becasue there a lot of topics that he has posted under. It takes time to get banned, and if you want to stay here unbanned, I suggest you quit questioning moderators choices.

behind the lines,
in the gym,

[This message has been edited by Phaethon180 (edited 06-09-2007 @ 01:00 PM).]

posted 09 June 2007 04:10 PM EDT (US)     23 / 28  
Why if I checked clearly all their links to the banning mod of PF4dead? I see totally no reason to permanently ban him. Thanks for suggesting me that but I nkow what I am doing quite well

posted 11 June 2007 11:14 AM EDT (US)     24 / 28  
It's just something funny.

Set fh with villi rush, I did this often for fun and I teach some newbees to do it as well, just to let them getting better rate as they were 14++.

A question, how to you get rams before hit heroic? I think he means siege towers. And how long does it take to erect two migdols and siege workshop? What time he fh again?

8 minute fh means you get nothing but gold and food, possibly a bit wood in general terms. Even top players usually do 9:10 to 9:30 semi fh for economic bonus.

The way it sounds like it was a 10:00 semi fh and you possibly got attacked by around 13 to 15 minutes.

I know this happens a lot. A friend of mine is learning AoM, and he once told me some body ragnoroked within 5 minutes. I watched record, it was not 5 minutes, but 35 minutes...

Well good luck with it and try to have more things so you don't get over run like that.
posted 11 June 2007 11:32 AM EDT (US)     25 / 28  
One thing about Set's animals: I've had them come into my base 2ice, and they died pretty fast from my vils. You see, HD and pig sticker, makes Thor vils very good at fighting animals...

regards

the Elder
"imagination is more important than knowledge."
Albert Einstein
posted 11 June 2007 01:13 PM EDT (US)     26 / 28  
I think set rush is executed when few villi is at tc...

It is even worse for set if you have that relic to kill animal in one shot...lol

Last time when I was set I noticed some one found that thing, and I was like, I am going to resign...then I worked out it was my ally...

lucky ^_^
posted 11 June 2007 01:56 PM EDT (US)     27 / 28  
It is even worse for set if you have that relic to kill animal in one shot...lol
fetters of fenrir.

its when its time to take the villager army to set!

charge!
posted 11 June 2007 02:19 PM EDT (US)     28 / 28  
Actually, Set is so that you ridiculously disable his towers. Only using animals that is

Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Weirdest......Strat.....Ever
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames