Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: 1 if by land, 2 if by sea
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 17 June 2007 04:55 PM EDT (US)   
i can't think of the name of the map... but anywho.

the one with 2 strips of water across the sides...

which should you do here?

should u claim one side, make sure to protect it, or try and get both, trying to keep up with each..

or should you simply rush in and destroy the enemy houses/docks... or any combination of these?
Replies:
posted 17 June 2007 05:19 PM EDT (US)     1 / 37  
hmmm i've never played that map but i will be sure to download it and get back to u on that strategy... Based on the info you provided... I believe that keeping one side for yourself is the best option....

pm me

><>------Daniel---? [NI][SI]{AAA7} dåñîéL ?----------<><

? marks = apple symbol (shift+alt)
posted 17 June 2007 05:21 PM EDT (US)     2 / 37  
Fish on both sides. If enemy makes an big army on one side just garrision ships in docks and make him earn it in heroic. If he makes small army on one or both sides, make a few ships of your own to protect your fishing. If he makes no army then make a small army of your own in heroic to take out one side at a time. However, this is not the map to invest heavily on water as the gold all lies in the middle of the map. Your highest priority on Anatolia is to gain control of the center of the map. If you do that you will win even if you lose control of the water.

Confucious says, "Man who jump through screen door likely to strain himself."
posted 17 June 2007 05:35 PM EDT (US)     3 / 37  
I'm pretty sure he means Highland. Right?
posted 17 June 2007 05:37 PM EDT (US)     4 / 37  
hmmm i've never played that map but i will be sure to download it and get back to u on that strategy... Based on the info you provided... I believe that keeping one side for yourself is the best option....

pm me
It's a standard RM map, Anatolia...

There's no PM system here...

I conclude that you are, in fact, a n00b.

Bitchesssssssssss

I consider that just fine for a sig since I've seen people with "Penis" et cetera.
posted 17 June 2007 07:22 PM EDT (US)     5 / 37  
Darth_Niddhogg, perhaps he is a noob, but what kind of a person is interesting in Pokemon? I mean, ok, Age of Mythology, Great strategy game, i understand that, but pokemon? Seriously, and even if you do play pokemon, that should be your secret life, why are you making a sig out of it in public.

Conclusion: If you seriously play pokemon, you have no right to be calling other people noobs.

Noobs don't call people noobs.
Experts call people noobs to make them feel slightly better about themselves.

And about the map, just fully control one side of the sea for a good food start, try not to defend too much, use those resources for the middle!
posted 17 June 2007 08:13 PM EDT (US)     6 / 37  
It made me laugh though, "I've never played that map" but "i'll get back to u on that strategy".. lol

Slightly confusing statement..

But seriously, how do things work in macland, i beleive you cant play with PC gamers??
posted 17 June 2007 08:23 PM EDT (US)     7 / 37  
Pokemon has nothing to do with AOM nor does it with AOMH. You sir, are just trying to make Darth, a cool guy in my opinion, feel bad because he likes a certain thing. I could make fun of you for liking... I don't know, painting because I don't. It wouldn't be right. I believe that you, Lightmare, need to STFU.

And now for laundry!

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
I too always thought "blog" would sound less silly as the years went by.
Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
posted 17 June 2007 09:54 PM EDT (US)     8 / 37  
i quite agree, darth is cool.

and pokemon games were fun back when i played em...

i only ever had blue and yellow.

and i got caught in other things along the way, so i stopped... still fun games.
posted 17 June 2007 10:01 PM EDT (US)     9 / 37  
Alright, away from pokemon, and onto the main subject.

Even thou he does not know the map, he may be the Master of RPG's or the King of CastleBlood, who knows, but not knowing a map does not qualify you as a noob.

And now, to pokemon.

Pokemon is not a hobby, it is not a good way to get girls(In fact it's a good way to lose girls) nor is it a great way to make teenage friends cause this is the first time i heard of a teenager playing Pokemon.

Pokemon=Social suicide

That's my own personal opinion, yeah i may be wrong, (in Stuyversant(Great Highschool) Pikachu is a god), but all i know not knowing a map doesn't give you the qualification to call people noobs. Even thou i may have done it myself, if you're not above 1700, you shouldn't be calling anybody a noob.
posted 17 June 2007 10:07 PM EDT (US)     10 / 37  
LightmareNikita, you fail at insulting people. Pokemon is one of the most popular portable games, if not the most popular. It is a pretty good game, and to say that the game is bad just because it is Pokemon is just you jumping on the bandwagon of Pokemon-haters.

Obviously all the people you know are very immature. How old are you, eleven? The only way that Pokemon is social suicide is if you act like it's a bad thing. If you say, "Yeah, I like Pokemon, it's fun" and people make fun of you (insulting insults, not friendly insults), it's because you have no friends anyway.

Anyway, about the map. Usually it depends on what God you are I suppose. If your god is good on water, you can try to take both, but if not then you should probably just try to take one side. Either way, you can't let the enemy take land map control, since there is next to no gold outside of the middle. Archers and ranged seige help a lot too because of the cliffs.

[This message has been edited by SSJVegetaTrunks (edited 06-17-2007 @ 10:11 PM).]

posted 17 June 2007 10:12 PM EDT (US)     11 / 37  
Never played it but I know people. I have a girlfriend, a house a job and friends. As do all of my friends but two.

I highly doubt you speak from experience.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
I too always thought "blog" would sound less silly as the years went by.
Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
posted 17 June 2007 10:15 PM EDT (US)     12 / 37  
Cheese Man, who are you talking to?
posted 17 June 2007 10:15 PM EDT (US)     13 / 37  
cheese man nearly lost me... but again...

you notice the key word there is IN YOUR OPINION... opinions that are superfluously derogatory should be best kept in your mind..
posted 17 June 2007 10:16 PM EDT (US)     14 / 37  
I actully do have friends, not many(But who does), like most people i have many associates and i switched through many games with them, but we're on Aom right now.

I am actully 14 years old and you can't say Pokemon is just another game. It's different(Gay) and therefore seperates itself along with other games of it's kind: Runescape,Adventure Quest, Maplestory etc.

And please do not try to judge me on how old i am, how many friends i have and other characteristics based on the single fact that i have the equation Pokemon=Gay in my mind.
posted 17 June 2007 10:20 PM EDT (US)     15 / 37  
well that may be it.

at your age, and no offense its just probably why... at your age you are opinion seeking, so thus due to the theory of groupthink, your friends think its gay, and you don't wanna try and tell everyone that its not, so you just go along with it.
posted 17 June 2007 10:21 PM EDT (US)     16 / 37  
Simply by using the word "gay" to mean stupid you have only made yourself look more immature. And again, Pokemon is a popular game. To say that it is "gay" is an obvious sign of your immaturity.
posted 17 June 2007 10:24 PM EDT (US)     17 / 37  
Ok, just because i have the "Gay" adjective in my vocabulary doesn't make me immature, trying to insult a younger kid does.
posted 17 June 2007 10:25 PM EDT (US)     18 / 37  
No, I said "are you eleven?" because that is about the age that people start saying "POKEMON IS GAY, COOL PEOPLE PLAY *insert random game here*". And yes, using gay to mean stupid is immature.
posted 17 June 2007 10:26 PM EDT (US)     19 / 37  
Oh, and let's try to stay on topic. If we're going to have a stupid argument like this, we should discuss the actual topic, too.
posted 17 June 2007 10:28 PM EDT (US)     20 / 37  
1.I didn't use gay to mean stupid, i used gay to mean gay.

2. I can't beleive Pokemon is still alive, i thought it died like 8 years ago.

3. Poseidon Owns
posted 17 June 2007 10:32 PM EDT (US)     21 / 37  
1.I didn't use gay to mean stupid, i used gay to mean gay.

2. I can't beleive Pokemon is still alive, i thought it died like 8 years ago.

3. Poseidon Owns
1. How is liking Pokemon homosexual?

2. A lot people consider Age of Mythology to be dead, but you still play it.

3. I never liked Poseidon that much. I never liked the Greeks in the first place, though.
posted 17 June 2007 10:34 PM EDT (US)     22 / 37  
Pokemon games were actually pretty fun, from what I remember. Anyhow, I hardly see how that has to do with this game. I hate it when people use something irrelevent to make an insult on a completely different subject.

Edit: I also don't really like assumptions based on age. I'm 15 but I like to think that I am pretty mature. I think that a person's actions should allow you to make judgements on them, and not identify what they do based upon age. Just my two cents =/

[This message has been edited by Kang_the_Mad (edited 06-17-2007 @ 10:40 PM).]

posted 17 June 2007 10:43 PM EDT (US)     23 / 37  
Sorry, about the pokemon thing, it's just that i thought it was wrong calling a guy a noob based on the map.

The Greeks are the strongest Civilization...well...only the egyptians can somehow rival them..hehe.

And, i guess i grew up being thought that those games are gay, i don't rlly care what you think of me, i got far more important things to be concentrating on.

AoM should come alive this summer.

And, I really don't understand how such a great game could have somehow died, i just don't get it.

I never said that cool people play anything SSJVegetaTrunks, so stop trying to elaborate on what i said. Treat my line on what they are, not what you added to them. You may think that using gay to mean whatever is immature, but that's one person. There are 7 billion out there buddy, and again i got more important things to be concentrating on rather than a couple of people's opinions.

Anyway, i apoligize for insulting Pokemon, but you have not changed my mind, for goodness sakes, the first line of the very first pokemon theme song can make like 95% of America laugh: "I wanna be the very best..." wow.

Anyway, i gotta use my remaining computer time to talk to my friends, and yes they are my friends, and even if i did wanted to start Pokemon, they wouldn't start it, but they would be cool with it, considering they have trust/loyalty in them.

Peace
posted 17 June 2007 10:47 PM EDT (US)     24 / 37  
Greece is the strongest 3 civs?

lol?
posted 17 June 2007 10:50 PM EDT (US)     25 / 37  
Not by a long shot I say. Greece has never given me too much trouble as Loki, but Egyptian sure has. I've gotten a lot better at that as of late, but they have always been roughly the best. But the thing that is great about this game is the player can mess up a great civ, so I have a lot of fun making the Eggy player make mistakes.
posted 17 June 2007 10:51 PM EDT (US)     26 / 37  
The Greeks are the strongest Civilization...well...only the egyptians can somehow rival them..hehe.
Eh, I find more trouble against Oranos players than Greeks. And Norse players. And Kronos... And Isis and Ra...
You may think that using gay to mean whatever is immature, but that's one person.
Insulting people based on whether they are homosexual or not is immature, I don't see how it can't be. It's just as bad as basing people on their race or gender.
Anyway, i apoligize for insulting Pokemon, but you have not changed my mind, for goodness sakes, the first line of the very first pokemon theme song can make like 95% of America laugh: "I wanna be the very best..." wow.
EVERYONE laughs when they hear that song. Search "SMOSH Pokemon Theme Song" on youtube, that video is hiliarious. That has nothing to do with how good of a game it is, however.

Anyway, let's try to get back on topic!

[This message has been edited by SSJVegetaTrunks (edited 06-17-2007 @ 10:53 PM).]

posted 17 June 2007 10:52 PM EDT (US)     27 / 37  
well xD

im 16
and tempted to be pokemon pearl :P xD

and i assure u im not gay

quit the immaturity plz

this site has good community
lightmare, quit it

NotN00b23
fox7574
Seven_Curd
posted 17 June 2007 10:53 PM EDT (US)     28 / 37  
Well, to the origianal poster, it depends on what god you are and who the enemy god is. I have a dozen strategies on what to do on Anatolia as Loki
posted 18 June 2007 09:38 AM EDT (US)     29 / 37  
as to the map I never take the water on either side (but then i suck on water maps and keep losing so maybe i should take the water hmm...)

I'm gonna start a fire storm here but I think this is important to clarify

Insulting people based on whether they are homosexual or not is immature, I don't see how it can't be. It's just as bad as basing people on their race or gender. - SSJVEGETATRUNKS (don't know how to do quotes)

IMHO It is not the same thing because race or gender is not a option, but homosexuality is, it's a choice the person makes regarding there sexuality. also there is no "gay gene"
posted 18 June 2007 11:04 AM EDT (US)     30 / 37  
oh please..... i think its pretty immature of you guys to say that pokemon is a noob game or a game for low live people. i stopped playing pokemon around a half a year ago... you would be suprised how strategy-full pokemon is...

maybe a good example is: pokemon netbattle.. download and see... or dont... its your chose... but anyway... its also very weird to see such a subject dwell of to a different game/hobbie
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » 1 if by land, 2 if by sea
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames