You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Weird/interesting strats to beat Campaign levels!
posted 20 August 2007 10:42 AM EDT (US)   
Didn't think this story fitted in any other thread so I made a new one. I was playing the second Titans Campaign level (Atlantis Reborn), on Titan difficulty of course, and after a few tries I just decided to go crazy and do what the computer wasn't expecting. Basically, you can make about 5 layers of walls in the choke point, try to boom as much as possible after popping your army with Cherioballistas and Turmas, but they just send way too many troops to deal with (about 40 at a time after the first few waves) - including seige so towers don't help for long. There's no way to go on the offensive to destroy the barracks because they just keep coming and you have no time to push foward - by the time you have replenished your army, they attack again.

Basically what I did was hunt all the gazzelle, and get a few on wood early until I had enough for a dock and transport ship, then move them all to gold to try to get as much gold as possible out of the area. One villager went to make 5-6 layers of walls straight away, with Kastor protecting him from the first 3 waves of 2-3 units. Meanwhile the rest of my starting army went to kill the little village near the fishing spot south of the TC. When the first army of 30 units came, I just got everyone and ran to build a dock. I picked up the relic on the way. BTW, if you repair the overgrown temples the Behemoths you get die instantly if those temples are later destroyed - so they're pointless in this "strat". Everyone gets on a transport ship. I head south-west, and start repairing the temple in the little hidey-hole, then taking all the resources. I got fishing ships on the 10 spots here too. I could see their army trying to get to me, but they couldn't so they were stuck on the coast nearby.

I then made a big army of ships and headed south. Took out a couple of docks and moved my villagers to this island with gold and wood on it. I couldn't take out their main dock since I realised I wasn't in Heroic and they had all sorts of ships - I was thinking of restarting and FHing but instead I went to try to take my original TC back. I built the TC but they came and destroyed it (and a few of my villagers) before I got to Heroic. So I just went on a resource spree and took all of the resources from the 4 remote islands/hidey-holes on the map. I then landed on the shore near the Barracks and destroyed them eventually with Cherios and Murmillo.

Eventually I managed to figure out what unit they were following everywhere so sent other units to that TC. Got to Heroic, destroyed their fleet, and made Fortresses where their Barracks once were, started pumping out Destroyers and Cherios. But, I just couldn't get to their TC. I could get 5 or Destroyers there before dying, but they continually repaired. I used all 3 uses of Valour and even a Dryad tree to help. No luck. My 20000 Gold and 5000 Wood were running out, so my villagers had to get resource-gathering again. I made 24 Destroyers, put them in a transport ship and went around the back of their TC. Unfortunately, the transport got destroyed when I was busy elsewhere. Couldn't believe it. There was only one gold mine left with about 700 gold in it. I decided to try to destract them. Got all my Arcuses and Cherios and ships to lure them to the coast. Then just sent in all my destroyers (about 30) to their TC. Most survived, and when their inevitable reinforcements came, I shockwaved them so I could destroy the TC.

Has to be the most hilarious campaign level I've ever played. But it's just so hard! How is this level even possible without running away at the beginning?? (I know it is, because I've never done this strat before - I didn't even know there were these hidey-holes on the map when I decided to try it!). It was so crazy, my docks kept getting destroyed by rogue ships, and they kept on raiding my fishing despite dying quite badly near the end. It's so unfair how they cheat and get free troops all the time lol.

So...anyone done any weird or hilarious strats to beat a Campaign level? Exploiting the AI is quite fun...it's a shame campaign levels aren't recorded, as I would have loved to have uploaded this, although unless you had 3 hours free (game time was around 02:10 I think), you'd have to watch it in fast mode

Take my love, take my land, take me where I cannot stand.
I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back.
Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.
There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity.
But you can't take the sky from me...

[This message has been edited by DragonQ (edited 08-20-2007 @ 10:48 AM).]

Replies:
posted 20 August 2007 11:22 AM EDT (US)     1 / 8  
One time I typed in THRILL OF VICTORY you should've seen them die.

But yes, exploiting the AI is fun.

-Ironclaw77

I R O N C L A W 7 7
Everything that shines ain't always
gonna be gold.
posted 20 August 2007 11:47 AM EDT (US)     2 / 8  
Next level is stupidly hard as well but you start with a transport ship and can build Sky Passages so I'm gonna go looking for a place to build up on that level too

Take my love, take my land, take me where I cannot stand.
I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back.
Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.
There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity.
But you can't take the sky from me...
posted 20 August 2007 04:18 PM EDT (US)     3 / 8  
Goatunheim FTW!

posted 20 August 2007 07:06 PM EDT (US)     4 / 8  
ilike to go and do random stuff like destroy mother natures stuff and kill stuff your not meant to lol.

My first Kronos games I played on ESO Mid 2007.
Kronos(me) vs Possy~1600 to 1621 - Failed Raid Good Titan Recovery
Kronos(me) vs Kronos~1621 to 1636 - Very Awesome Successful Krush
Kronos(me) vs Loki~1636 to 1652 - Failed Krush Great Recovery
Member Since - 04-16-2007
Main ESO Names - RmC_Avatar, neva_wins, Norrin Radd
posted 20 August 2007 07:16 PM EDT (US)     5 / 8  
Goatunheim FTW!
Wow, flashback. I hadn't heard of, or thought of, that cheat in at least two years.
posted 21 August 2007 05:26 AM EDT (US)     6 / 8  
yeah me too...

i remember one time i didnt know it affected my own units...and i had way more units than the computer...and guess what happened
posted 21 August 2007 01:32 PM EDT (US)     7 / 8  
I remember playing that level recently. Its proper hard - I never could beat it . Thanks I'll have to give your "strat" a try

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(" )_(" )
This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.
posted 23 August 2007 09:24 AM EDT (US)     8 / 8  
in ROR i remember you could abandon your civillisation and become mother nature and attack everyone with animals...

Behold the awesome power of the MAD SQUIRREL GOD !!!

..::Espana::..
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Weird/interesting strats to beat Campaign levels!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to: