You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: OFFICIALLY FIXED - AoM same cd-key problem.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 27 August 2007 05:52 AM EDT (US)   
This is the email I got today.

""""""""""

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your patience. We recently received the New Product ID Codes from Microsoft. In order to ensure you receive the proper key please provide us with the P/N (#####) from the front of the Age Of Mythology CD. Once we receive your information we will Mail you your new Product ID Code. You will need to Uninstall and Reinstall the Game when you receive the New Product ID Code to be able to enter the New Product ID Code. Please provide us with:

- The P/N (#####/1) from the front of the CD

- Your Full Name and Mailing Address

Since you are already in our system for support, this is all the information we require. Future requests for support concerning PID keys will require additional proof of purchase.

Best Regards,

Tech Support

""""""""""

Please stick this up on the main page, heavengames, and sooner than never you'll see a number boost in people online.
All the people who have been buying AoM recently (past 4-5months or so, all version - gold, ubisoft, valusoft, etc), have got the packs with the same cd-keys resulting in this error message when going online " cd key could not be validated, please try again in a few minutes "

http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=12,24571,,10

The serial which were shipped in all these packages :
BDKRJ-HFRHW-8W3YV-XXXXX-XXXXX

This took a while, but thank-god.

[This message has been edited by CarlosY2Jericho (edited 08-27-2007 @ 06:02 AM).]

Replies:
posted 27 August 2007 06:03 AM EDT (US)     1 / 35  
Umm, Did you ever get the new numbers?

A green great dragon.
posted 27 August 2007 10:07 AM EDT (US)     2 / 35  
Seems as if they are lucky: Apparently there is kind of a product number on the Ubisoft/Valusoft version with which they can distinguish the various copies, making sure that they do not give out three of them to the same person.

Darkness is a state of mind
Valor is the contempt of Death and Pain. (Tacitus)
Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by hitting back. (Piet Hein)
posted 28 August 2007 02:21 AM EDT (US)     3 / 35  
Oh by the way : here is the email address I got the message from :

tech@valusoft.com

I guess sending off an email or calling up M$ will do the trick as well. Don't know about Ubisoft packages though, I've got a valusoft and an Ubisoft one, I'll try and see if Valusoft will provide me a new key from the P/N no on my Ubisoft AoM Gold cd. If it doesn't work, I guess this will only work with those who've bought the Valusoft published AoM.

Still, if Valusoft have got new keys, then Ubisoft must've gotten it too.
Also, the newer packs from Valusoft atleast will have new serials now hopefully now that they've gotten the new serials from M$.

[This message has been edited by CarlosY2Jericho (edited 08-28-2007 @ 02:26 AM).]

posted 28 August 2007 07:46 AM EDT (US)     4 / 35  
Still, if Valusoft have got new keys, then Ubisoft must've gotten it too.
Says who? If Valusoft got fed up with countless customers complaining and bugged M$ for a solution, that does not mean that Ubisoft also did.
Also, the newer packs from Valusoft atleast will have new serials now hopefully now that they've gotten the new serials from M$.
Another illusion, IMHO. Printing stickers with new serials and putting them into the packages will mean added production costs. I suppose they will rather provide them only to those that complain via email.

posted 28 August 2007 02:24 PM EDT (US)     5 / 35  
^Yeah, you maybe right too.

Anyways, I gave them my Ubisoft's AoM Gold pack P/N number, and they recognized it, just got an email back saying they can't do anything.

So this will only work for those who bought the VALUSOFT AoM Gold.

This makes for a good example though, those with Ubisoft published versions can contact customer support and tell them how Valusoft is doing this great thing for their AoM customers. I'm sure they would ask for new keys from M$ too if they haven't got it already.

@Mods, please edit the article on the main page so to make it clear this is only for Valusoft published AoM Gold, also provide this site and email along :
www.valusoftsupport.com/,tech@valusoft.com
This is where they will need to get in touch with Valusoft, provide their P/N no and address and get new keys.

[This message has been edited by CarlosY2Jericho (edited 08-28-2007 @ 02:31 PM).]

posted 28 August 2007 10:00 PM EDT (US)     6 / 35  
Thanks, post updated.

oh you can wait for what I can give
you know what I am so you know how I live
try to look proud but you’re not in the slightest
its happening now and it’s always been like this.
posted 29 August 2007 09:29 AM EDT (US)     7 / 35  
Hi, I'm an italian player of AOM. I've bought a copy of this wonderful game together with the magazine "The Games Machine".
Mine is the Gold Version, with the Titans expansion.
But I can't play on ESO, beacuse Microsoft don't let budget version of the game to play online.
I've read this notice from Valuesoft. Can it to be valid also to me? And what's the P/N?

Thanks and sorry for my not so good english.
posted 05 September 2007 06:58 AM EDT (US)     8 / 35  
Good job Jericho really.
But man I live in Sweden and they say they dont support europeans.
We need to turn to ubisoft, anybody got their e-mail?
posted 06 September 2007 03:54 AM EDT (US)     9 / 35  
We need to turn to ubisoft
Yes. There are these training camps in Pakistan where you can learn all you need to know to make Ubisoft regret and reconsider.

posted 06 September 2007 07:17 AM EDT (US)     10 / 35  
Ok, and THAT'S not breaking the CoC? But talking in German is? Nice.
posted 06 September 2007 07:25 AM EDT (US)     11 / 35  
Well, in this case everybody here (including the mods) can understand what I wrote, and everybody with a minimum of intelligence will be able to figure out that I am joking.

posted 08 September 2007 09:38 AM EDT (US)     12 / 35  
DeathAndPain i thought that was really funny and yes the dude who flamed you isnt the sharpest man ive heard off. Anyways on topic im pissed soon and their e-mail dosnt seem to exist.
posted 08 September 2007 09:43 AM EDT (US)     13 / 35  
You don't even know what flame is moron.
posted 08 September 2007 04:48 PM EDT (US)     14 / 35  
Caboose_Nor, drop it.

oh you can wait for what I can give
you know what I am so you know how I live
try to look proud but you’re not in the slightest
its happening now and it’s always been like this.
posted 08 September 2007 04:51 PM EDT (US)     15 / 35  
papaya you shouls sticky this so peepz stop asking about it (even though that slowed down lately)

"If I was in somebodies sig I would kill a kitty....... A lol kitty....." -Keron Cyst
Hades Mythodea By igotskillz
DOWNLOAD MY AWESOME TAUNTZ!
posted 08 September 2007 05:30 PM EDT (US)     16 / 35  
Yes. There are these training camps in Pakistan where you can learn all you need to know to make Ubisoft regret and reconsider.
OMFG, DaP is joking, that is a sure sign of Armageddon.

Thank God SCII finally has a release date but it so so damn far away...
ESO Name: AoTH_ZoOkEePeR
posted 21 October 2007 05:31 PM EDT (US)     17 / 35  
My product key is different from the one but it still wont let me play online and it keeps saying" cd key could not be validated, please try again in a few minutes " so do u think i should email valusoft? please help
posted 22 October 2007 02:55 AM EDT (US)     18 / 35  
Yes

posted 25 October 2007 09:33 PM EDT (US)     19 / 35  
Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your continued patience. We have recently received our new PID Codes. For Proof of Purchase please send us the original (photo copies not accepted) insert page of the manual that has the original PID numbers on it. Please send the Proof of Purchase to:

ValuSoft Customer Service (PID)
3650 Chestnut Street North, Ste. 101A
Chaska, MN 55318-3011

Please note we can only mail within the Unites States and Canada.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact our Technical Support.

Best Regards,

Tech Support

This was an email I've recently received from them. It looks like in order to get a new CD key, you have to send out a letter to them. Hrmph. Anyway, I'm sending something out tomorrow, so with any luck I'll hear back by early next week.
posted 27 October 2007 00:09 AM EDT (US)     20 / 35  
so what do i need to do, to get a new cd key?
posted 11 November 2007 05:04 AM EDT (US)     21 / 35  
So Pretty much I gotta wait a week to get a new CD key -_-
posted 11 November 2007 09:26 AM EDT (US)     22 / 35  
Wow i guess I got lucky when I bought this game in August I just started playing I had the right key and all. Although alot of stuff is messed up.(friends list,campaign saving,and randomly erasing recorded games)
posted 17 December 2007 09:33 PM EDT (US)     23 / 35  
So basically If i have a UBISOFT COPY. I cannot play online .... That's bad i followed up on this forum for like 3 months before going and purchasing the original game so that i could play with you guys and now All i have is shattered Dreams.. LOL

Yes i have UBISOFT COPY I AM THINKING OF INFORMING UBISOFT GUYS ABOUT THIS.. CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME WHAT CAN BE DONE..
or gimme like email address for ubisoft

CHEERS

Pheonix
posted 25 February 2008 04:48 PM EDT (US)     24 / 35  
This is the message I left through their support form:
I am sure you guys are aware of the CD Key issue. I bought a copy of the Age of Mythology: The Titans bundle (Gold) pack and haven't been able to play multi-player because of the CD key that was published with all of your Age of Mythology:The Titans bundled CDs. I am writing in hopes I can receive a valid CD key for The Titans.

I have the case, manual, and CDs and am more than willing to provide you with photographs.

The P/N on my Titans disk is P/N: XXXXX/3.
The UPC on the manual is X XXXXX XXXXX X.

Is there anything else required? Thank you.

~Michael D. Hafer
Hope that gets the ball rolling.
posted 18 March 2008 10:49 PM EDT (US)     25 / 35  
please somebody help me, recently i bought a copy of Aom + titans froma valusoft, off corse with the same cd key, i live outsand usa & canada, but they no reponse my situation, this is the mails:
> ----------Original Message----------
> From: omarperez975@msn.com
> Received: 3/18/2008 3:16:08 PM
> Subject: Case# C3245335 - CD Key Invalid for: Age of Mythology Bonus! Includes Titans Expansion

Then? I lost my money, because you only "not distribute this product outside the US and Canada" other people outsand these countries cant buy the game? this is the worst excusa i never hear, your products with all the same cd key? this is a scam, accountable for what you sell or I go obliged to take a demand on the product offered.

Omar Perez

PD: "Dear Customer" ? what is this? customer is a person to purchase a product and you dont solve my case?

_____

Subject: Case# C3245335 - CD Key Invalid for: Age of Mythology Bonus! Includes Titans Expansion
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 13:26:10 -0500
To: omarperez975@msn.com

Dear Customer,
Thank you for your recent communication. We did not distribute this product outside the US and Canada, therefore we cannot distribute any CD keys outside the US and Canada.

Regards,
Tech Support
NOTE: If you reply to this message, please do NOT alter the subject line of this e-mail as it helps us prioritize your request.

> Received: 3/17/2008 11:56:08 AM
> Subject: Case# C3245335 - CD Key Invalid for: Age of Mythology Bonus! Includes Titans Expansion
Pleasemake an exception, I understand what their standards for CD keys, but for me is impossible to send the game manual to USA's , not want to cheat oranything like that, because all the pictures I sent to you realise thatis real, please make an exception with me are grateful.

P/N: 10687/1
P/N: 10687/2
P/N: 10782/3 (Titans)
Omar Perez

_____
Subject: Case# C3245335 - CD Key Invalid for: Age of Mythology Bonus! Includes Titans Expansion
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 09:46:09 -0500

Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you for your recent communication. ValuSoft only distributed this title within the United States and Canada. We can only mail within the Unites States and Canada.

Regards,
Tech Support
NOTE: If you reply to this message, please do NOT alter the subject line of this e-mail as it helps us prioritize your request.

> Received: 3/10/2008 7:46:08 PM
Thank you for your prompt response, but unfortunately I live outside of the UnitedStates and Canada, since the game is imported, here send the receiptand management of ebay and also images of the manual and theaccompanying CDs, please, I have no how to send PID numbers, I hope you understand my situation. Thanks

P/N: 10687/1
P/N: 10687/2
P/N: 10782/3 (Titans)
Please I need a fast response.
Omar Perez
Link Ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/Age-of-Mythology-Bonus-Includes-Titans-Expansion-new_W0QQitemZ360024232451QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item360024232451&_trks id=p4295.c17.m20.l1116

_____
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 12:16:08 -0600
Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you for your recent communication. We have recently received our new PID Codes (Product ID number). For Proof of Purchase please send us the original (photo copies not accepted) insert page of the manual that has the original PID numbers on it. Please send the Proof of Purchase to:

ValuSoft Customer Service (PID)
3650 Chestnut Street North, Ste. 101A
Chaska, MN 55318-3011
Please note we can only mail within the Unites States and Canada.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact our Technical Support.
Best Regards,
Tech Support

> Received: 3/1/2008 3:36:08 PM
I own a copy of Valusoft, Age of Mythology Bonus! Includes Titans Expansion, but I have a problem. The problem with both games is that the CD key cannot be properly validated when I attempt to play a multiplayer game online. I know that many copies of this game have been distributed, all with the same exact CD key. As you already know, the same CD key may not be used by two players at once. Therefore, this problem renders me unable to play a game online, because I have the same CD key as everybody else. I would like to request new, unique CD keys, both for Age of Mythology and Age of Mythology: The Titans. If you require any additional information for validation purposes, such as pictures or serial numbers, I will gladly send them to you. Thank you. I look forward to playing these games online soon.

Omar Perez
posted 19 March 2008 00:39 AM EDT (US)     26 / 35  
You bumped a month old thread -.-

Looks like they are totally owning you tbh xD

"True, I think would wear a dress for a day if ESO could make a patch to stop cheating, but I'll drink to anyone that takes AoM over that crappy game play of AoE III. Its like every civ is ATTY, its a disgusting game" -WNxDullahan
posted 19 March 2008 03:39 AM EDT (US)     27 / 35  
Seems as if you are screwed. What you can do is asking a US resident here in this forum if he is willing to help you. If so, then you send the required page to him, and then he applies for the new CD key and relays it to you. That would be no piracy, as it is still a legitimate key to a legitimate copy of the game.

Other than that, I know Ubisoft does sell outside the US, because I have seen a Ubisoft copy in a German store. I assume that was not the English language version, but I take it that importing a US or UK version from Ubisoft might be more promising.

posted 19 March 2008 03:29 PM EDT (US)     28 / 35  
Can you call them on the phone? Is so, you can corner them more easily and whatnot. Otherwise, they'll probably just screw with you and hope you leave them alone eventually.

posted 20 March 2008 01:07 AM EDT (US)     29 / 35  
Does this also fix the "WHAT'S HOT VERSION" from Ubisoft?

<3
posted 20 March 2008 01:34 AM EDT (US)     30 / 35  
What's hot? Check the box, if it says no online... If not, try a phone call or e-mail.

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » OFFICIALLY FIXED - AoM same cd-key problem.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames