You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: ~The Heimdal Tower Rush~
posted 21 September 2007 02:39 AM EDT (US)   
Posted by: WNxWyldeOne
Created by: WNxShesCrafty

--This Guide Belongs to WNxShesCrafty of WarriorNation--

(I am Simply Posting this WITH HIS PERMISSION)

-----------------------------------------------------------
This was one of my favorite strategies to do with Loki back in AoM a few years ago. I continually got frustrated about Heimdell Rushing Ra's to gold starve them, but priest+axemen+wadjet quickly beat that off. Going rated a few a lot the last few days, i think i have finally got my feeling for the game back. So i see if i could still do my favorite strat from a few years ago, which proves to be quite effective vs egyptians and atlantean.

The trick to this strategy is basically to let the towers do the talking =). You want to do a basic rush BO with Loki,advancing through Heimdell (press the button at) 3:45ish. Now before advancing through classical you should have your ulfsark scouting around his town specifically his gold, his forward gold and the tower/s protecting his 1st gold mine. You will want to spy a gold miner with it as well. Now, with a 2nd ulf, build temple near his base, preferably his forward mine. Now what you want to do after AQing hersir through advancing, take a few of them along with 1 ulfsark and build the tower at his starting mine so that its out of reach of his towers and so it will reach the villagers mining the gold. Most Ra players will go classical fight, as they will be afraid there gold will run out and they will have basically no economy. Atty will already fighting you in classical, so the best idea is to build the towers just outside of his base at his forward gold mine and fight there.

Every Egyptian barrack unit has very low pierce armor, easy targets for towers. At around 10 minutes, you should upgrade Safegaurd at your town center to make your much stronger. Vs Atlantean, focus more on units and raiding early along with the towers. If you do this right, you will usually have the game won at around 15 minutes~. However it could be longer, just be sure to keep 1 eye on your economy, shaping it to the strategy.

Here are 3 games i played in rated today, i got 1700 3 wins vs 175+ players with it doing it the 1st time in a few years Most egyptian and atlantean players will be surprised and caught off guard with this strategy.

Here are the games:
Game 1- Loki vs Oranos on Anatolia, i dont pressure him at his starting gold mine, but I stop him from getting 2nd gold mine.
http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?cat=other&file=Recorded_Game_4.rcx

Game 2 - Loki vs Ra on Oasis good example here of how one tower seals the deal on his starting gold.
http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?cat=other&file=Recorded_Game_3.rcx

Game 3- Loki vs Ra on Alfheim. Best game is this one by far, i get towers up fast and they are very effective. However This guy puts up a fight because he has rocs to his advantage and ranged siege. However, my boom was far too strong for his weak economy. I abuse towers worst here .
http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?cat=other&file=Recorded_Game_1.rcx
----------------------------------------------------------

On a Final note:

This is a very great & effective tactic to use versus FHing Egyptians.

The reason egyptians: They advance Later to classical, They get free towers (Thats why u go through heimdal, that and safeguard), and because as stated, Egyptian Classic fighters have LOW Pierce armor.

WNxWyldeOne:SeT rapes All?
G0D_Freq_Redhate: I wish i could prove you wrong but your too damn good lol.
Aom is a Drug....And i am high on it - Ferral

[This message has been edited by WNxWyldeOne (edited 09-22-2007 @ 01:26 AM).]

Replies:
posted 21 September 2007 04:02 AM EDT (US)     1 / 30  
On behalf and permission isn't the same thing.

The likely hood of this being stickied isn't very high.

Maybe a Pic or to, use some bb code some HTML and this guide would be overviewed more effectivly.

How about some tips and answers to when a person stuffs up the plan or playing against some who knows how to counter it.

Great Info, Thanks for sharing. Going to try it in a sec.

A green great dragon.
posted 21 September 2007 04:17 AM EDT (US)     2 / 30  
lol @ thinking it could be a sticky.

Also, shouldn't you get Safeguard BEFORE building towers (by using your few Hersir and free Einherjar on enemy towers/houses before they advance to earn favour) because it makes them cheaper?

Take my love, take my land, take me where I cannot stand.
I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back.
Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.
There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity.
But you can't take the sky from me...
posted 21 September 2007 04:34 AM EDT (US)     3 / 30  
None of the recorded game links work, unfortunately.
it would be nice if you could fix it.

And, I would think this strategy wouldnt be viable 1750+ because villagers get a nice bonus vs towers..

-[Hello..
posted 21 September 2007 06:30 AM EDT (US)     4 / 30  
1. You won't get guide of the month, your friend will
2. It is really a terrible guide. Not much detail. 10 min job max.
posted 21 September 2007 06:40 AM EDT (US)     5 / 30  
It'd be better if the recs work, why would you need pictures?
posted 21 September 2007 09:11 AM EDT (US)     6 / 30  
strat seems fine, idk why people are making fun of you except maybe because you asked for a sticky.

and like AdZyZ says you gotta make sure you D vs. villagers without getting into a micro battle staying out of his TC fire. maybe a few TA's if you can spare the wood between all of your towers. TA's could back your towers without having to run into melee and possibly TC fire range.

Or a wall /shrug

[This message has been edited by Dragun (edited 09-21-2007 @ 09:11 AM).]

posted 21 September 2007 04:06 PM EDT (US)     7 / 30  
This start is incredibly effective if you are playing vs pet animals, or people with a very serious mental disability. Or 1600- players.
posted 21 September 2007 06:04 PM EDT (US)     8 / 30  
posted 21 September 2007 06:42 PM EDT (US)     9 / 30  
This start is incredibly effective if you are playing vs pet animals, or people with a very serious mental disability. Or 1600- players.
It would never beat me+my pet animals. (remember, I play SeT.) 11. NO FBs against me!!11

Thank God SCII finally has a release date but it so so damn far away...
ESO Name: AoTH_ZoOkEePeR
posted 21 September 2007 06:54 PM EDT (US)     10 / 30  
i guess the recs prove otherwise.
.. but they don't work..

-[Hello..
posted 21 September 2007 06:58 PM EDT (US)     11 / 30  
I know......11.

posted 21 September 2007 07:09 PM EDT (US)     12 / 30  
Hey, just to everyone....

I wasnt wanting to win guide of the month.

ITS NOT MY DAMN GUIDE, its Craftys.

i DID get permission, and this is the exact version of his guide, and im not gonna mess with it.

lol, and i thought i erased that sticky thing, was fooling around with a friend :P

Now, For my replys...

WTF.... Why would u get Safeguard first?

lol, It would have HALF the usefulness that it would if you get the tower upgrade first...

The only reason u might do that, is that he is really pressuring you..

and

@ Everyone

Crafty isnt damn here, so stop posting comments of the like.

[This message has been edited by WNxWyldeOne (edited 09-21-2007 @ 07:11 PM).]

posted 21 September 2007 07:46 PM EDT (US)     13 / 30  
Cut the profanity. Really not doing anything besides annoying me.

Anyways, I think it's a pretty good guide. Short and to the point, it could be elaborated on by including maps and civ match-up stuff, but I do like the general idea of the strategy.

posted 21 September 2007 08:07 PM EDT (US)     14 / 30  
Sometimes its all it takes to get noobs to listen..

posted 21 September 2007 10:15 PM EDT (US)     15 / 30  
why would you get safeguard first
it makes towers cheaper.

my best version to tweak this, take the einherjar and blow the horn on all gold miners (it will hit them all), then as all TC and tower fire is brought upon him, have him and the hersirs either kill the gold miners (if they are still alive) or the surrounding towers (which you will take down after the gold miners die) this will get you about 17 or so favor, and then you can safeguard ~5:50~ if you upped a 4:30 (its this late because you still needed the 200 wood 100 gold to research next tower upgrade) and then you may have gotten a few MU, pull them back, continually raid with some hersirs while building towers with other hersirs, oh and of course going 2 temple during archaic.

With those ^ Tweaks, In theory, this strategy could work for ~1750 simply because It isn't a loki rush so they don't know what to expect.

Exceptions to this plan would most likely be:

Krusher (he's already disrupting your economy),
Set (animals),
Hades (sentinels),
anyone who hits a quick enough 2 TC boom (meaning gaia <3).
posted 22 September 2007 01:17 AM EDT (US)     16 / 30  
@ Squeoo

I thought he ment get Safeguard before WatchTower upgrade lol....Misread. sorry lol

and btw

This Guide is in its final form, its not my guide >.>
im not changing it.

THE LINKS HAVE BEEN FIXED!

[This message has been edited by WNxWyldeOne (edited 09-22-2007 @ 01:27 AM).]

posted 22 September 2007 07:13 AM EDT (US)     17 / 30  
Well you start with 4 towers - so the first priority is to get Safeguard and upgrade to Watch Tower at one of your free Sentry Towers. As soon as Safeguard is done, start making towers.

Take my love, take my land, take me where I cannot stand.
I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back.
Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.
There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity.
But you can't take the sky from me...
posted 22 September 2007 10:29 AM EDT (US)     18 / 30  
is this a viable strat with odin?
posted 22 September 2007 11:46 AM EDT (US)     19 / 30  
@pcgamer: the main reason he used loki I would assume is that loki hersirs can summon some MU to keep the enemy occupied while you manage to block them In.

I see no reason why this strat couldn't be used with odin, only it would be slightly different at the start.

as odin attempting this, I would only use this strategy on high hunt and go more wood heavy (the high hunt should allow your little bit of hunters to keep you sustained) and go more gold heavy, while upping as resources allow get the lone wanderer upgrade and do ulf raids (again I think too many longhouses this early would be trouble), trying to get some favor and safeguard with ~10~15~ ulfs building the towers (by now you've accumulated wood/gold, set the ulfs ~3~ per tower blocking him in) and from there just start spamming einherjars and take the TC.

Again though, as with everything, these are simply my opinions, and I also believe this strategy would be easier to perform as loki (and have more devastating effects), however if you fail in the strategy, odin would have an easier recovery... (loki would have to up bragi and try and really quickly finish it with FW, odin could put up some hill forts and use husks to finish the rest).
posted 22 September 2007 01:00 PM EDT (US)     20 / 30  
Loki can get favor faster, which makes it easier to get safeguard.

[This message has been edited by Ferral (edited 09-22-2007 @ 01:01 PM).]

posted 23 September 2007 11:05 AM EDT (US)     21 / 30  
I think that if you put 4 wall conectors around the towers (like houses) you don't need to research safe guard unless you plan to make a lot of then (7+).
posted 23 September 2007 11:08 AM EDT (US)     22 / 30  
no you need safeguard no matter what, safeguard raises life to 1100, as well as makes them 25% cheaper.

It is necessary for the strat he is trying to say... It's basically a *gold starve* mixed with *map control* mixed with *rush*, so its really not a bad idea.
posted 24 September 2007 00:39 AM EDT (US)     23 / 30  
Its worked for me

Although its only useful vs - Ra and isis imo..and MAYBE gaia

posted 24 September 2007 10:00 AM EDT (US)     24 / 30  
I think it makes them 50% cheaper. also if you get safeguard, then kronny deconstructs your tower you'd only get them reduced price back right?
posted 24 September 2007 04:01 PM EDT (US)     25 / 30  
I think it'd be best used vs. norse enemies, hades (yes his sents will be whooped this early in the game by uber tower spam), possy, egyptians it wouldn't work too well but could work if performed correctly, and oranos/gaia it would do well.
posted 28 September 2007 09:20 AM EDT (US)     26 / 30  
mm i play as oranos and if someone were to build towers out front of my base i would go round and raid his villies. these towers wouldnt do much to most decent players..
posted 28 September 2007 02:07 PM EDT (US)     27 / 30  
I think it makes them 50% cheaper.
25%.

I dunno on this strat.
I use safeguard towers whenever I'm in a prolonged classical or for surviving classical greek(safeguard crenelated towers= amazing hippikon counter), but specifically rushing with them seems questionable because of the cost and time it would take.

Nick: Eten.
Gods: All of them!
Vanilla.
posted 28 September 2007 03:49 PM EDT (US)     28 / 30  
Well considering I've nearly taken a monopoly on this thread, haha I am starting to get quite fond of this strategy.

what you all forget is that as loki, you are using hersirs to do this, and you are not purely building, you are building in offensive places while also attacking the enemy, making any kind of HARD counter to this nearly impossible to find.

Of course you don't want to instantly start towering as you have to research guard tower and safeguard, so you are attacking with hersirs in the meantime.

So in all simplicity, this is basically a subsection into the "loki rush" unless you use it with odin, in which case it becomes more of a map limiting feature for the enemy, gaining you great map control until they can grasp a strong enough military to take down all towers (which it only takes 1 hoplite to take down 1 tower unless they are spammed close enough to cover fire each other..)
posted 28 September 2007 08:14 PM EDT (US)     29 / 30  
I like it, but I would assume that you would want to get to heroic at a decent time for boiling oil, considering they can just fight directly under the towers and be ok.

posted 28 September 2007 08:23 PM EDT (US)     30 / 30  
Mmm maybe not boiling oil :S if you spread out your towers well enough everything should work out ok

"The next turn I attacked those that had been attatched, fiendishly fracturing the friendly faction fraction"
-Wartrain.

"Why not do the exciting thing and sit back, boom to a rag and use flaming weapons? - Who would have thought a Thor player could show this level of innovation?"
-Vagabond Tom.

Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » ~The Heimdal Tower Rush~
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames