You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: New to the site? Check out this thread and introduce yourself!
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
posted 18 May 2014 09:56 AM EDT (US)   
old thread here

Welcome to Age of Mythology Heaven!

If this is your first time joining the site, hello! We hope you will enjoy your time with us as you become involved in the community and experience new possibilities with the game.

Before you do anything, it's a good idea to review the code of conduct here so you know what you can and can't get away with.

Why not introduce yourself to the community? Post a comment in this thread saying hello and tell us a little about yourself

If you have the Extended Edition version of the game, we encourage you to head over to this thread and post your steam name with us. This is also another welcome thread which may have some more info for you.

Now, to help you with navigating the site...

AoMH has many, fun places to visit. On our homepage you will see a column of such places on the left side. I'll quickly run through these with you:

This is the place to check out the reviews of the game, interviews from the creators, some past contests, as well as an introduction to the game. All news for the website is posted here as well.

Our forums are in here! The fourms are the #1 way to interact with aom-lovers alike and be seen as a part of the community. You can learn alot just by browsing them, but feel free to ask or share anything.

Download creations from the fans at the Downloads Central! We have a vast selection of scenarios, campaigns, mods, recorded games, and utilities which you may find very interesting. If would like to post a review on one of these, be sure to check out the review guidelines. You can even upload your own material to the site! And don't forget to check out our Downloads Spotlight for the most interesting and unique uploaded content from the fans.

Got a question about the game? These faqs and in-game info will give you answers to those pressing questions. If you don't get the info you're looking for, you can always visit the scenario design forum faq, and shoot us a question there.

Trying to brush up on your supremacy skills? This is the place for you. We have all sorts of guides written by the experts of supremacy. A lot of them have some good strategies to share, and many helpful tips. If you want to submit your own strategy article, click on Submit an Article.

This section is packed full of instruction on how to be a designer, and put your own twist on the game. Learn from some of the greatest and legendary scenario creators, modders, eyecandiers, and more. If you're new to designing, or looking to spice up your current creations, these are worth the read.

If you don't have The Titans xpack already, well... Kronos is not pleased. With The Titans expansion comes a ton of new features that you can check out in this section. Even if you have the gold edition already, you still may learn something that you never knew.

The Age of Mythology guide for dummies. 'nuff said.

You can grow to really appreciate these fancy works of art. Much of what you see in this section is done by the fans - artists, where AoM was the inspiration for numerous artistic creations. You'll see amazing hand-drawn sketches, out-of-this-world screenshots from the editor, as well as some attractive pre-release screenshots from Ensemble Studios.

Looking for a good laugh? Check out these hilarious gags from the fans known as "AoM toons". You are more than welcome to submit your own as well! If you're feeling funny, and AoM is on your mind, why not throw one together and give us some entertainment!

Last, and definitly not least, we are Age of Mythology Heaven. We take pride in giving you the best experience possible for as long as you're with us. We don't want you to feel unwelcome on the site, so stay true the guidelines, and we will assist you in your journey through AoM and AoMH. If you would like to contact us, there are some links in this section.

That about wraps it up! Thank you for reading and thank you for being a part of the AoMH community!

[This message has been edited by CeaseDaFire (edited 11-14-2015 @ 11:24 AM).]

Replies:
posted 24 June 2014 07:30 AM EDT (US)     1 / 118  
Hi, My name is Luciano, Im 29, my friends call me Lomby, I have played with my friends for some time to AoE II TCE under the nick of LucianoMagno.
Im a big fan of the AOE II/AoE III/AoM serie
civilization serie (mostly Civ IV with warlords and BTS)
CK2
total war serie: R:TW and M:TW2
And Im sure there may be more, but thats all I remember now.
BTW, im not a very hardcore gamer of any of those games, I just play for fun with my friends or on singleplayer.

If my english is not good enough, I hope everyone can forgive me, but Im from argentina and we speak spanish.

We embarked on our journey to the stars with a question first framed in the childhood of our species and in each generation asked anew with undiminished wonder: What are the stars? Exploration is in our nature. We began as wanderers, and we are wanderers still. We have lingered long enough on the shores of the cosmic ocean. We are ready at last to set sail for the stars.

-Carl Sagan
posted 24 June 2014 02:41 PM EDT (US)     2 / 118  
Hello and welcome

Your english seems fine to me.

posted 20 July 2014 02:29 PM EDT (US)     3 / 118  
Hi my name is Robby and I'm 13. I was hoping I could find someone to play multiplayer with in AoM.
posted 07 October 2014 08:57 AM EDT (US)     4 / 118  
Hey, I'm new here and I wanted to know how I can resign from AoMH or even better, how can I change my name. It's not that I don't like it here (in fact, this place is GREAT) but I just want to put up a new name 'cause there are many people with cool names here . So if there's a way please let me know...

[This message has been edited by Adishwar (edited 10-07-2014 @ 09:28 AM).]

posted 08 October 2014 12:52 PM EDT (US)     5 / 118  
You have to wait for a name change day, then you can change your displayed name. The name that you signed up with will become your id, like mine: aom expert.

posted 09 October 2014 00:24 AM EDT (US)     6 / 118  
Name change Day??
What is that?

[This message has been edited by Adishwar (edited 10-09-2014 @ 00:26 AM).]

posted 09 October 2014 12:47 PM EDT (US)     7 / 118  
if im not mistaken theres one around new years. i could swear they keep changing the date every year.

posted 28 October 2014 09:03 AM EDT (US)     8 / 118  
Just saying hi here

I'm mainly active on AoKH where I am a moderator in SD&M but also got back into AoM recently, maybe I'll stick around every now and then.
posted 10 November 2014 02:31 PM EDT (US)     9 / 118  
Hi everyone.

I'm not so new to the site, I had an account here a long long time ago where I would post my edit scenarios. If anyone is interested, the account is called 'rage of sins'. I forgot the email I used to register it.

I've gotten back into AoM because of the extended edition on steam. I tried to figure out voobly/game ranger before but alas, my lack of computer skills never allowed to figure it out.

I've longed for multiplayer games on AoM since I couldn't not access it via the original game. It feels great to play more then my brother and a couple of close friend in the occasional lan game.

I guess I'm just excited to be part of the AoM community again. Feel free to add me on steam, I'd love to play a game with anyone
posted 10 November 2014 09:45 PM EDT (US)     10 / 118  
I will help fix your gameranger problem. ive helped 40+ people, all 100% successful. add me: Thangbrand

posted 11 November 2014 10:10 PM EDT (US)     11 / 118  
Sent you a friend request! my steam name is the same as this.

I'd love help with game ranger. Would be nice for those late nights where AoM:EE is dead.
posted 23 November 2014 00:52 AM EDT (US)     12 / 118  
Hey! I'm Alex. I've just played through the whole AOM campaign out of nostalgia and am now looking for other ways to enhance my single player experience. How do I download mods? What's are good things for a noob to get? Help me please!

Thanks
Alex
posted 25 November 2014 06:18 PM EDT (US)     13 / 118  
what kind of mods do you want and what do you want to get good at?

posted 25 November 2014 08:27 PM EDT (US)     14 / 118  
Excuse my english.

I meant to ask, in general, "what should i download?"

As someone who has never used modifications before, what are some great ones to download?

So far I can only get campaigns to work. I tried to download one which graphically updated the Greeks but it doesnt work (or i don't know how to activate it.)

I'm also looking for scenarios similar to the AOM campaign - any suggestions?

Ohh, and are there downloadable maps that CPUs will play?

Thanks, I know this is a lot!
Alex
posted 02 December 2014 11:29 PM EDT (US)     15 / 118  
What type of aom do you have? (Vanilla, EE, TT)
Are you looking to do multiplayer or singleplayer or both?
Search for The Golden Gift campaign for aom if you don't have It already. its similar to the aom campaigns.
You mean like random maps? yea we have a lot of them. do an advanced search in downloads central.

posted 12 December 2014 10:46 PM EDT (US)     16 / 118  
TT.

I'll look into the Golden Gift, thanks!
posted 17 January 2015 04:02 AM EDT (US)     17 / 118  
Hey everyone. I made an account mere moments ago. Just thought I'd declare myself.

I bought AoM plus the Titans Expansion in Mid-2011 (June or July, i believe) when i happened to see them on sale for $10 at an EB Games store (Australian branch of gamestop) that I sometimes visit. I had already played through some of the campaign in previous years, using my cousin's copy of the game at our grandma's house. I never thought i'd see physical copies on sale at a store given how old the game was!

I played through the AoM campaign on Moderate difficulty in 2011 and loved it. I delayed innstalling the Titans Expansion but eventually i installed it and played through the Titans campaign in 2011 or 2012. I barely played AoM during 2013, though.

But in mid to late 2014 i started playing it again, mostly 4v4 on Hard difficulty with only myself and the AIs (i have never played online, but i will once i buy AoM:Extended Edition, which (i think) allows multiplayer through Steam).

Recently, i went back for a short time to 1v1 on Hard mode and now 1v2 on Hard, which i find near-impossible to win (I'll make topic asking for help with that later). I've only won a Hard 1v2 once out of many attempts. Maybe i should try it on Moderate first, and then gradually build my way up.
posted 27 February 2015 11:19 PM EDT (US)     18 / 118  
Hi, I just joined up a few minutes ago,
I first played Age of Mythology as a kid, i wasn't really any good but I had a blast. Few years ago I had a lan party a friends house and we dug out AoM and started playing. We still play fairly regularly.
My personal favourite god to play as is Loki (incase the name didn't give it away)
posted 28 February 2015 00:47 AM EDT (US)     19 / 118  
Hi to both of you, lokitakethewheel made me lol

posted 29 April 2015 02:29 PM EDT (US)     20 / 118  
Heyyyyy guys !!!!!!

How are you all????

I LOVE THIS GAME

Ok now I got that out of my system, its time to start checking out your forums... seeing what I can find.. snooping around some XD

Hit me up for a game.. im always keen !!!

ttyl <3
posted 14 May 2015 08:19 AM EDT (US)     21 / 118  
I'm Burak,and I live in Istanbul,Turkey.I'm 16 years old and going to high school,I plan to be an English teacher.

I never played AoM before,but after a few minutes the game will be installed and I will hop in to the game.

Not much to say.

phew

Quality is not an act, it is a habit.

[This message has been edited by Aristeides (edited 05-14-2015 @ 08:22 AM).]

posted 20 May 2015 01:26 PM EDT (US)     22 / 118  
nice to meet both of you be sure to come back and don't be shy!

posted 25 May 2015 01:55 AM EDT (US)     23 / 118  
edited spambot

[This message has been edited by CeaseDaFire (edited 05-25-2015 @ 03:11 PM).]

posted 25 May 2015 02:18 PM EDT (US)     24 / 118  
Hi everybody !
I am ozgur.I live in istanbul and I love so much this city.
I play aom and aomx about eleven years.
My hobbies are greek mythology and Military history,especially tactics.
Nice to meet you all.

my english not enough good.I am sorry

If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

― Sun Tzu, The Art of War
posted 05 June 2015 10:11 PM EDT (US)     25 / 118  
Helloooooo

*waves*
posted 19 June 2015 08:43 PM EDT (US)     26 / 118  
Hi,

I'm Alex and very new to this game, but not the genre. I have played some Age of Empires and StarCraft II.

Please feel free to message me if you have any tips that no one else knows.... Ya know like secret strategy.

:-)

posted 21 June 2015 02:56 PM EDT (US)     27 / 118  
Welcome!

posted 23 June 2015 03:54 PM EDT (US)     28 / 118  
Hey everyone, I brought this game when i saw it go on sale. I use to play this all the time during my childhood, I recently got back into AoE2 and I figured I buy this game too, since I always prefered it a bit more. Sadly i don;t know why, but my laptop won't play this game very good. I have never had any problems on my other games like AoE2, Hearthstone, sherwood, SWTOR MMORPG, and others, but AOM for me is choppy and slow with all the graphics turned down low even .

However it still doesn't stop me from playing. I always was a big Loki fan when i was younger, but as I came back I've been playing a lot of oranos and Isis. I love talking about this game, so I plan on being around a lot
posted 26 June 2015 06:05 PM EDT (US)     29 / 118  
hey!

try lowering the resolution

posted 03 July 2015 01:58 AM EDT (US)     30 / 118  
Hi everyone, I have play Age of Mythology since I was in fourth grade (about 2004). I played and finish AoM plus Titans campaign even before I learn how to speak English. Now I'm in college and only play AoM during my summer break.

The reason I love AoM so much is because I'm very passionate with Greek Mythology and this game brought me more knowledge about Mythology than I would expect. AoM is perhaps one of the most influenced video game to me, I grew up with it and it forever has a spot in my heart. Despite my love for it I'm unfortunately not a good gamer, but screw strategy I play it because of the culture value inside.

I do visit this board once in a while but never register, I guess it's never too late to join.

[This message has been edited by Longhorns95 (edited 10-04-2015 @ 03:21 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » New to the site? Check out this thread and introduce yourself!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames