You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: How do I make a custom background?
posted 19 May 2014 04:38 PM EDT (US)   
I want to make my own custom background map scene at startup instead of the default one.
Replies:
posted 19 May 2014 06:11 PM EDT (US)     1 / 6  
http://aom.heavengames.com/scendesign/modding/menubackround

long story short, you need a "user.cfg" file (make in notepad, save as user.cfg) in program files/microsoft games/age of mythology/startup with the proper code to launch your scenario, and the scenario itself in the scenario folder.

and to get the original user.cgf aom uses so you can edit it and throw yours amongst there (and this is only if you dont see a cfg file already), use AoMED to extract one of the bar files that has it. i forget which one.

Download ones at download central for some mini instructions and samples.

[This message has been edited by Thangbrand Aesirear (edited 05-19-2014 @ 06:19 PM).]

posted 19 May 2014 09:55 PM EDT (US)     2 / 6  
Does this work for the steam version too?
posted 19 May 2014 11:16 PM EDT (US)     3 / 6  
i dont know, it should

posted 20 May 2014 03:39 AM EDT (US)     4 / 6  
Ok so I went into the gamex.cfg and just looked around. Apparently there are several premade backgrounds you can use. To create a new one you just change the .scx listed to your own custom scenario. I'm still figuring out how exactly to work the camera to the right angle, but it's working.
posted 20 May 2014 09:25 AM EDT (US)     5 / 6  
those scenarios also came with the original titans. you can get them if you extract the scenarios bar.

posted 20 May 2014 12:54 PM EDT (US)     6 / 6  
Custom main menu's work perfectly fine, although they may look a little odd since the zooming limits have changed/are now enforced ~ Milky

<||=================================||>
Proud Member of Forgotten Empires
96Reviews KaS Dota2 Halo 5 Reach
{ "Work until your idols become your rivals" }
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ trGetUnitScenarioName(); ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » How do I make a custom background?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames