loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Best God Power Game/Survey
posted 28 July 2014 01:16 AM EDT (US)   
This thread is done, and here is the verdict:

The best godpower: Ragnorak
2nd place: Son of Osiris
3rd place: spy, meteor

God powers which we just hate to have: Spider Lair, Gaia Forest, Chaos (and the rest atlantean too with the exception of one which got a -1 - Plague of Serpents)

Looking at some of the other statistics I think it's safe to conclude that the Norse have the best god powers in the game.

Recently there's been a couple threads on opinions of which is the worst god power and the best god power. Here, we are going to settle it once and for all.

This is a Hurt/Heal game, and if you haven't played it before, all you need to do is tell me which god powers you want to give positive or negative points to.

You can only hurt/heal up to 5 god powers at a time, adding or subtracting up to 3 points each, however the total amount of points you're either adding or subtracting cannot exceed 8. You can post your negative and positives in the same post, like this:

-3 ceasefire
+1 bronze
+1 tornado
-1 flaming weapons
+2 shockwave

You are only allowed to post again after 2 other people have posted theirs after you. Feel free to persuade others to change their mind.

The game keeps going until a godpower has obviously won because of a huge number, or the thread becomes inactive.

The tally:

Bolt: 4
Lure: 0
Sentinel: 0
Ceasefire: 0
Restoration: 2
Pestilence : 0
Bronze: 0
Underworld Passage: 4
Curse: 0
Lightning Storm: 2
Plenty Vault: 3
Earthquake: 0
Rain: 0
Prosperity: 0
Vision: 0
Shifting Sands: 2
Eclipse: 0
Plague of Serpents: -1
Locust Swarm: 0
Ancestors: 0
Citadel: 0
Son of Osiris: 5
Tornado: 1
Meteor: 4
Great Hunt: 0
Dwarven Mine: 0
Spy: 4
Forest Fire: 0
Healing Spring: 0
Undermine: 0
Frost: 0
Walking Woods: 0
Flaming Weapons: 1
Fimbulwinter: 0
Nidhogg: 0
Ragnarok: 10
Deconstruction: 0
Gaia Forest: -3
Shockwave: 3
Spider Lair: -4
Valor: -1
Carnivora: -2
Traitor: 0
Chaos: -2
Hesperides Tree: 2
Implode: 0
Vortex: 2
Tartarian Gate: 2

[This message has been edited by Thangbrand Aesirear (edited 08-23-2014 @ 00:19 AM).]

Replies:
posted 28 July 2014 02:34 AM EDT (US)     1 / 19  
+1 Underworld Passage
+2 Lightning Storm
+2 Son of Osiris
+1 Flaming Weapons
+2 Ragnarok

[This message has been edited by Weesals (edited 07-28-2014 @ 02:35 AM).]

posted 28 July 2014 02:42 AM EDT (US)     2 / 19  
by the way you can go negative even if it's at 0.

posted 28 July 2014 11:10 AM EDT (US)     3 / 19  
+3 plenty (since economy is the winning factor in AoM)

+3 spy (I've always loved stealth)

+2 hesperides (defensive versatility)
posted 28 July 2014 11:50 AM EDT (US)     4 / 19  
+8 Ragnarök
posted 28 July 2014 01:01 PM EDT (US)     5 / 19  
@astonm112
cant do that, got to be up to 3 points (+ or -)

[This message has been edited by Thangbrand Aesirear (edited 08-23-2014 @ 00:10 AM).]

posted 28 July 2014 06:42 PM EDT (US)     6 / 19  
Son of Osiris: 3
EDIT: BAH, Son of Osiris: +1

Creator of AoM Expanded Mod (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1828492742) and Mod on AoEWiki (Morayus1)

[This message has been edited by TheBronyKing11 (edited 07-29-2014 @ 05:33 PM).]

posted 28 July 2014 07:14 PM EDT (US)     7 / 19  
+ meteor
+ tornado
+ vortex
+ spy
- plague of serpents
posted 28 July 2014 07:41 PM EDT (US)     8 / 19  
no numbers

I can't count it if there are no numbers

mine:
+3 underworld
+3 meteor
+1 ragnorak
+1 vortex

[This message has been edited by Thangbrand Aesirear (edited 07-28-2014 @ 11:40 PM).]

posted 29 July 2014 01:18 AM EDT (US)     9 / 19  
if there is no number in front of the +/- then that just means a 1. just like 8 times 1 = 8 and 8 = 8.

well enough with my obnoxious snobbish mathematical proof, i meant a 1 for all of my entries.
posted 29 July 2014 11:43 AM EDT (US)     10 / 19  
-2 All or any Atlantean GP's Except Vortex and Gaia Forest
+2 Athena Restoration
+2 Bolt
+2 Ragnarok

Athena Restoration can not be countered aside running away from it. Even then one side is perfectly healed.

Bolt is like a sniper rifle

Ragnarok can give you a pop of over 400, and done early enough you will demolish everything on the map.

Spiders, Shockwave and almost all other GP's for Atlanteans are pretty weak.

"To love Christ -means not to be a hireling, not to look upon a noble life as an enterprise or trade, but to be a true benefactor and to do everything only for the sake of love for God." —St John Chrysostom
"When one returns to the Greek; it is like going into a garden of lilies out of some, narrow and dark house." -Oscar Wilde.
posted 29 July 2014 01:36 PM EDT (US)     11 / 19  
Nice idea.

Bolt +1
Valor - 1
Carnivora - 1
Tartarian gate +2
Ragnarok +3

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
posted 29 July 2014 01:47 PM EDT (US)     12 / 19  
@ephestion
cant do all with the points you have now, I also need a specific one, this keeps things accurate

posted 29 July 2014 04:29 PM EDT (US)     13 / 19  
-1 Spider Lair
-1 That plant that eats people
+2 Athena Restoration
+2 Bolt
+2 Ragnarok

"To love Christ -means not to be a hireling, not to look upon a noble life as an enterprise or trade, but to be a true benefactor and to do everything only for the sake of love for God." —St John Chrysostom
"When one returns to the Greek; it is like going into a garden of lilies out of some, narrow and dark house." -Oscar Wilde.
posted 29 July 2014 07:17 PM EDT (US)     14 / 19  
+3 Shockwave
Comparable to lightningstorm, both easily win fights except that you can win 3 fights with shockwave before reaching mythic
+2 Ragnarok
+1 Bolt
+2 Shifting Sands
Losing 3 villagers early because of it or losing a part of your army with just 2 clicks.

We cannot rely on luck to be successful.
posted 29 July 2014 10:29 PM EDT (US)     15 / 19  
Shockwave spreads the affected units out too much to be effective other than as a delay.

posted 30 July 2014 00:24 AM EDT (US)     16 / 19  
people who went before WarriorMario and ephestion feel free to post again

you can use the same ones or change it up if you want

@brony I didn't count that edit

mine again:
-2 chaos
-3 spider lair
-3 gaia forest

[This message has been edited by Thangbrand Aesirear (edited 07-30-2014 @ 03:28 PM).]

posted 01 August 2014 06:35 PM EDT (US)     17 / 19  
i just wish i had mythic gp in the archaic age. that would be awesome.
posted 01 August 2014 08:35 PM EDT (US)     18 / 19  
Gaia forest is quite nice godpower, not as good as bolt or dwarven mine, but certainly one of the "better" archaic age godpowers
posted 02 August 2014 00:44 AM EDT (US)     19 / 19  
Gaia's forest can be used to turn a wasteland, into a lush temperate forest.
Pretty Obvious

Creator of AoM Expanded Mod (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1828492742) and Mod on AoEWiki (Morayus1)
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » The Best God Power Game/Survey
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames