You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Titans aren't equivalent !
posted 21 January 2018 05:40 PM EDT (US)   
Hello everyone

I finally separate the precedent thread to shorten it and because this part was too different from the original.

First, let's talk about the global specifities of the attack of a titan:

This is supposed to be an area attack, but it inflicts at units which try to flee when he started his normal attack (which is not the case for his special attack which is a complete area attack).

So this is a sort of mix, and it seems to take the best of the 2 types of attack,
YET... as an area attack it inflicts per hits and not per seconds.
And that's why we have to focus on the recharge time of the titans of each civs, which are DIFFERENT !

I gathered them with the animation length:

titan typeBasic attack 1Basic attack 2Special Attack
greek titan2.35s (clap with both hands)2.35s (hit with one hand)2.35s (jump)
egyptian, atlantean or chinese titans4.28s (2 hits by foots)2,85s (smash with both hands)2,85s (smash with both hands)
norse titan4.35s (2 hits by foots)3.18s (smash with hammer)3.18s (smash with hammer)

3.18s (smash with hammer)

-the norse titan: SA=3.18=BA2 (smash with hammer) BA1=4.35 (2 hits by foots)

When they hit another titan they use a special anim with 1.68s length.

So what can we say about it ?
I had to make other tests to conclude:

It happens that a SoO takes exactly 50 damages per hits ((70H*0.7+(Max(70C*0.01, 1)=1)=(49+1))
And this NO MATTER WHAT TYPES OF HIT HE TOOK.
(the 2 hits by foots, even in the same animation, inflict 50+50 though).

So I was quite astonished to see this, because as I said the norse titan is really slower to attack.
Furthermore, the different animations which seem to be chosen randomly for each hit are really different:
For the scandinavian titan the BA1 requires 4.35s for 2 hits (=2.175 for 1 hit) while the BA2 requires 3.18s !
You can really have "luck" when you fight with a titan !
That's why I wanted a test whithout this random variations:

I took 3 SoO which had 100420 HP against the 3 types of titans.
Eventually, when 1 was killed by the greek titan, the other had 120 HP and the 3rd which was against the norse titan... 670 !

AWESOME NEWS: THE SCANDINAVIAN TITAN IS THE WORST TITAN even if nothing in the stats, even in the proto, is able to show us this particularity...
it is in accord with the calculus:
as an average, we have this rates (for basic attack only)
(I Supposed of coursethat it's really random to do Basic Attack 1 or 2):
-2.35s/Hit for the greek
-2.68s/Hit for the scandinavian
(huge)
-2.50s/Hit for the 3 others

It's a good approximation of the reality, even if the real calculus must be a bit different since the animation length need to weigh this averages...

So the greek titan seems to be the best as well. But the 2 hits in the same anim can be sometimes very efficient, especially when you flee a titan and you take 2 hits as you flee, no matter your speed.

I made another test including the special attack, because the greek titan is a champion for this.
I took 3 colossus with 10 000 HP and I putted 0 speed to the titan so that it will not go through the map and become out of control, and 13 speed for the colossus in order to make him go faster to attack.

And the result was different.

First, there is a strange thing that happens:

The basic attack inflicts 98 which is the exact calculus (including the *2 bonus of the titan)

But the special attack inflicts 90 for each titan while the calculus is different !
60H 60C *3 against myth units → 60*3*0.5+60*3*0.2=126

It must be something related to the area... any idea ??

And then, the timing is very different:

It happens that the greek titan hasn't the good timing: he is always preparing a second attack when his special attack has been recharged (he stops his 2nd attack and do his special attack). So his small advantage isn't practical.

What is more is that the 2 other titans can randomly do their hit with 2 foots. If they do this, they inflict 2 times 98 instead of inflicting 98 and 90, and they wait more before ejecting the colossus far away (and lost time).

So it was the egyptian titan who killed the fastest.
When his colossus died, the other had
-544HP for the scandinavian
-1342HP for the greek.

But because the greek titan ejects more often the colossus, his end with 30 HP more than the scandinavian, and the scandinavian has also 10 HP more than the egyptian one...

This test wasn't representative of the real strength of these titans, but it shows very well that it isn't so simple. In some cases the egyptian titan is the best, even if in most cases the greek titan is the best.
But eventually the norse titan is really the worse one...
Without considering the possible upgrades or god powers of course ! (Bacchanalia, Monstruous Rage, Thurisaz Rune, Eclipse, Mythic Rejuvenation, Eclipse and Great Journey).

[This message has been edited by eine_gurkensalad (edited 01-21-2018 @ 06:23 PM).]

Replies:
posted 22 January 2018 05:37 AM EDT (US)     1 / 8  
I think someone already tested the titans vs each other a long time ago. Can't remember the exact result but it was known that the animation lengths caused the difference. About the area damage being 90, it might be that it only takes the hack damage which is the biggest of the damage types it has. I thought the game always worked this way in the past but that myth got busted but maybe it works like that for special attacks?

We cannot rely on luck to be successful.
posted 22 January 2018 09:44 AM EDT (US)     2 / 8  
Titans vs each others have exactly the same animation length so i don't see any reason for one better than another at this.
You are probably right for the special because the calculus makes 90.
It can be the case for all area attack but it has to be tested (i saw that the guardian doesn't inflict what he is supposed to inflict
posted 23 January 2018 06:18 AM EDT (US)     3 / 8  
"the animation rate" for the model, which can include the length (If it is defined in the first place) in the animation file.

"" has no affect (at least IIRC) on a unit's attack rate, and should DEFINITELY not be used to define it as such.

At least do your research Eine, we are proper modders who have some sort of idea of how the game functions, not some casuals who are afraid of ruining the ESRB, or "breaking" the "perfect" game.

But I will say it again, it has nothing to do with the "" file, that means nothing, it is the actual .BRG file itself that contains the models + animations, which are the juicy coconut that contains the rate-of-attack.

NOT THE PROTO(TYPE)
NOT THE _ANIM
THE MODELS

Creator of AoM Expanded Mod (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1828492742) and Mod on AoEWiki (Morayus1)
posted 23 January 2018 11:14 AM EDT (US)     4 / 8  
I didn't understand some things
Especially is there something false in the results ?
I mean that i supposed that animation length as wd can see in the editor détermines the rof, and this supposition was confirmed with the tests i made (which doesn't mean that it's the absolute truth).

So what's wrong ?
posted 24 January 2018 11:36 AM EDT (US)     5 / 8  
Length specifications do have affect on the attack rates of units. They will either deal more or less damage depending on if you increase the length or shorten the length.

Now I'm curious though. I thought that the damage of units was calculated per second? But might it be per animation length instead?

We cannot rely on luck to be successful.
posted 24 January 2018 03:01 PM EDT (US)     6 / 8  
Titans work differently
I listed these spécial attack type here
posted 24 January 2018 04:39 PM EDT (US)     7 / 8  
after reading this I understood less than before reading it
and about that topic you mentioned warriormario - norse titan was the best in titan on titan fight because he hits first so on the last hit norse always wins
posted 24 January 2018 05:31 PM EDT (US)     8 / 8  
if you are talking about the main thread here i'm really sorry if i'm not clear.

What is difficult to understand ?
I can explain whatever related to this topic :')
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Titans aren't equivalent !
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames