You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: new civs coming in X-pack, quoted from ES!
posted 09 November 2002 08:39 PM EDT (US)   
I was messing with the gamesettings.bar, and found something extremly interesting written (obvioulsy by ES)

Quote:

alwaysActive

// disable Xpack civs
// Civilization = Babylonians / hide from player
// Civilization = Sumerians / hide from player
// Civilization = Lorciferans / hide from player
// Unlock date = 12OCT2003

What do you say about that? So the civs are the Babylonians, Sumerians and Lorciferans (who are the Lorciferans?)

PS: Source:

C:/Program Files/Microsoft Games/Age of Mythology/startup/gamesettings.bar

ESO: Tarion, THoR_Tarion
Replies:
posted 09 November 2002 08:40 PM EDT (US)     1 / 24  
OK ITS BEEN POSTED BEFORE!!!(about 4 times now )

What I just said is a lie.
posted 09 November 2002 08:42 PM EDT (US)     2 / 24  
ooops sorry....

ESO: Tarion, THoR_Tarion
posted 09 November 2002 08:44 PM EDT (US)     3 / 24  
I missed the other 4 times..so..cool

DK
posted 09 November 2002 09:25 PM EDT (US)     4 / 24  
Its called "teasing" the customer .. something us programmers love to do .. add stuff that we KNOW people will dig up and then feel all 'smart and ingenius' .. lol

"Lorciferans"

Hahaha thats not even a word ... really and the Babylonians n Sumerians are so similar, that they might as well make Romans n Greeks.

Sorry to burst all your bubbles .. but 99.99% its plain gibberish, inserted by 'EVIL' programmers .. lol

posted 09 November 2002 09:42 PM EDT (US)     5 / 24  
Yes, really. I don't think they'd even go to the trouble of researching Sumerian mythology. and October 12, 2003 sounds a bit late for an X-Pack. It took LucasArts about two months to come up with a very god X-Pack.

Corran Horn
archangel@bresnan.net
"I bow to no one and I give service only for cause."
-Boba Fett
posted 09 November 2002 09:53 PM EDT (US)     6 / 24  
If you're reffereing to GB: Clone Campaigns, that wasn't a "very good" x-pack IMO..

that, and GB is 100% sprites. AoM is 100% models. I expect the x-pack, if there will be one, to be out AFTER october 12.

posted 09 November 2002 10:00 PM EDT (US)     7 / 24  
of course it only took them 2 months, all they had to so was create some new models and ned campagins. They didn't even make the engine, they jus took i from ES, hell, they didnt even change costs for anything, the worker droids cost 50 food, jus like villies in AoK

~Brit

~British Agent
.___.
{O,o} O RLY?
/)__)
-"-"-
posted 09 November 2002 10:43 PM EDT (US)     8 / 24  
Really unless ES plan to overhaul gameplay mechanics in their X-pack, neither do they need to a LOT of stuff.

And btw to the misinformed - its MUCH more 'quicker' (not easier, quicker) to make 3D models & animations than to make 2D sprites. Sprites need to be made for EVERY perspective for EVERY unit. Whereas once a 3D model is made and animated, done deal. Thats the power and convenience of 3D.

So from all your theories, it should take ES LESS than 2 months to pump out the X-pack.

Heh, anyhow, there is much more to a game (Xpack or otherwise) than just 3D models/2D sprites. Whenever the X-pack is released i can gurantee one thing - the new cultures are NOT going to those three listed above.

posted 09 November 2002 10:47 PM EDT (US)     9 / 24  
IMO Babylonians and Sumerians are too alike I think to be in the Expansion.

\\ Maximus //
0=]============[=0
Amazing Persón Extróidinare
Msn/Email:Mrnobody010@hotmail.com
.°*˜Phantom Warriors˜*°.
˜*°.°*˜˜*°.°*˜
posted 09 November 2002 10:55 PM EDT (US)     10 / 24  
The Babylonians pretty much are Sumerians... only a bit later. But they're all from Mesopotamia.

Author of the epic Forumillion
Author of Julius Caesar - Forum Style
Ex-Host of Forumer Play-On Words
Lifelong Cannibal
posted 09 November 2002 11:12 PM EDT (US)     11 / 24  
lol we were just studying mesopatamia in school...

lol

Quote:

UNLOCK DATE =

lmao

it would be funny if it was
1. Sumerians
2. Babylonians
3. Citizens of Ur

posted 09 November 2002 11:13 PM EDT (US)     12 / 24  
Im pretty sure the Lorciferans were vassels of Persia

So as to lessen the tax on the Roman People and Courts, to maintain the Honor of Carthage and my own Honor, I take my life before your eyes. I shall never see defeat at your hands, Romans. -Hannibal.
posted 09 November 2002 11:33 PM EDT (US)     13 / 24  
X-pack!!! LOL that is great you got tripped by the programers BIG TIME (no offense).

Well they will make an x-pack eventualy but sorry man not with the...um...the who were those guys anyway. oh yes the Lorciferans mystery civ.

LOL nice try

THE Isis lover,
Unsual Nymphe

Some one who says it is ok being a "commoner".
If you cant say anything nice dont say anything at all.

MARTIAL ARTS RULE...IF YOU DONT THINK SO JUST ASK FOR A DEMONSTRATION!And A.K. RULES!!!!

posted 10 November 2002 09:00 AM EDT (US)     14 / 24  
why doesnt some one set 11 october 2003 in there clock I cant becaues my dad would kill me please some one

The Island of Gont, a single mountain lifts its peak a mile above the storm-racked Northeast Sea, is a land famous for wizards.”
"I threw a knife at a baby once." - Angel Socvazius
posted 11 November 2002 03:47 AM EDT (US)     15 / 24  
I might have liked to have seen, say, the Aztecs/Mayans/Incas as a choice, though sacrificing villagers to gain favor probably wouldn't go over well.
posted 11 November 2002 05:17 AM EDT (US)     16 / 24  

Quoted from sidgu:

And btw to the misinformed - its MUCH more 'quicker' (not easier, quicker) to make 3D models & animations than to make 2D sprites. Sprites need to be made for EVERY perspective for EVERY unit. Whereas once a 3D model is made and animated, done deal. Thats the power and convenience of 3D.

That isn't true. A sprite can take more time than a 3D model, a 3D model can take more time than a sprite. In both cases, it depends on the amount of work the artist spends on it. Furthermore, later sprites were just snapshots of 3D models anyway.

posted 11 November 2002 05:20 AM EDT (US)     17 / 24  
I'm disappointed that those are the Xpack civs. Most of us don't know what the heck the Lorciferans were, and the Babylonians and Sumerians, IMHO, aren't too interesting. They should do Aztecs and maybe Hebrews (though the latter is not likely).

Tyrannosaurus Rex (meaning "tyrant lizard king" in Latin)
Size: 44-50 ft long, 6-8 tons
Diet: Meat
Also known as: T-Rex

They never said tyrannosaurs couldn't join HG forums...so here I am! (HROOAAARRGGHH!)

posted 11 November 2002 06:25 AM EDT (US)     18 / 24  
Hey, I live next to some Lorciferans, and they would be pretty angry to find out that they don't exist.
posted 11 November 2002 06:59 AM EDT (US)     19 / 24  

Quote:

I'm disappointed that those are the Xpack civs

Nothing has been confirmed, and like as not, this is just a joke or somesuch.

posted 11 November 2002 07:45 AM EDT (US)     20 / 24  
Guys, in case you haven't heard yet, it is a joke. Swinger said so on ESO. Lorciferans are a kind of small marine crustacean apparently, and why would ES put an unlock date in the file for the original game if you have to buy an expansion pack CD to play the expansion? It's just one of the many "Easter Eggs" in AoM.

Programmer on 0 A.D., author of Norse Wars, co-author of Fort Wars.
posted 11 November 2002 08:18 AM EDT (US)     21 / 24  
The Lorciferans that I live next to say that this *is no joke* and that the expansion will come out as described!

Get your credit cards ready for crustaceans going to battle with Sumerians in desert gear. Personally, I can't wait.

posted 11 November 2002 09:12 AM EDT (US)     22 / 24  
This is a joke, someone asked Swinger on ESO and he said it was for laughs

The seals that hold back the night shall weaken,
and in the heart of winter shall winter's heart be born
amid the wailings of lamentations and gnashing of teeth, for winter's heart shall ride a black horse,
and the name if it is Death
-from the Karaethon Cycle The Prophecies of the Dragon

posted 11 November 2002 09:40 AM EDT (US)     23 / 24  
This thread has been an amusing read too. Not sure exactly who's serious and who's not.
posted 11 November 2002 11:24 AM EDT (US)     24 / 24  
They should have Chinese. I miss them from aok.
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » new civs coming in X-pack, quoted from ES!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames