You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Discussion

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: plenty article
posted 17 August 2003 08:12 AM EDT (US)   
I think it is intresting to research how effective plenty of hesphaustus is.
Effect: Each five secs you get 15 food/gold/ wood.
So you will get free food/ gold/ wood each 5 sec. I'll set this in a number of vills you will get for free.
In this article i will use some formulas to calculate the number of vills:
Formula one:
Resources one vill can collect in a certain time= gather rate * the time how long they must collect the resource.
Formula two:
number of vills plenty replace for a certain resource= resources of plenty in a certain time/ resources vill can collect in a certain time.

Wood
Vills gather wood at a rate of 1.08 wood/sec.
1.08*5= 5.4 wood(first formula)
15/5.4 = 2.8 (second formula)
Plently gives you almost 3 free vills on wood.

Gold
Vills gather gold at a rate of 0.91 gold/sec.
0.91*5= 4.55 (first formula)
15/4.55= 3.3(second formula)
Plenty gives you almost three and a half free vill on gold.

Food
We take as food source farms cos in mythic nobody hunts or gather from berry bushes.
Vills gather food from farms at 0.69 food
0.69*5= 3.45(first formula)
15/3.45 = 4.3 (second forula)
Plenty gives you almost four and a half vill on food.
So you get with plenty almost 11 free vills.

Other advantages with plenty
- spare 140 vills sec in tc
- you can spare 500 food= 725 vills sec(food from farms without upgrades.

Note: you have almost 11 free vills WITHOUT eco techs.
Any feedback is welcome
Benjamin

Replies:
posted 17 August 2003 08:15 AM EDT (US)     1 / 18  
yeah plenty is a nice gp,but in late games when you really need a GP to turn the tide of a battle... its lightning storm or earthquake. Plenty lacks the punch most players need in a mythic age GP. nice post btw, i thought it was only 4 vills.
posted 17 August 2003 08:24 AM EDT (US)     2 / 18  
Yes i know, but sometimes it is better to have a good eco so you can produce more army of you can save pop space.

Quote:

i thought it was only 4 vills

I didn't research it yet, but i think if you take eco upgrades into this research you will get that number of vills.
Benjamin
posted 18 August 2003 07:42 AM EDT (US)     3 / 18  
Are you too lazy to read it and give your comments on it. The only thing you answer here are the rc overpower posts
Benjamin
posted 18 August 2003 07:49 AM EDT (US)     4 / 18  
Lets change this post so that we can get some action.

I believe that Set and rcs are overpowered . What do you think?

PS Plenty is simple weak cause
1. It takes time in order to actually make a difference.
2. By the time you reach mythic, resources arent a problem. All of the ugprades have been researched so you just need resources for creating units. Thats why you usually get a huge surplus of resources after some mins spend in mythic. So the vault isnt any useful.
3. All other mythic gps can actually help you more to change the tide of the battle, unlike vault.

ESO name : Relaxing

Eisai ellinas? Tote ela sto www.noobwars.gr.

posted 18 August 2003 07:56 AM EDT (US)     5 / 18  
i have heard of a zues fast mythic where you use plenty and pump out myrms.

R.I.P Shiva
posted 18 August 2003 08:41 AM EDT (US)     6 / 18  
i have heard of a hades fast mythic where you got to mythic and use the vault asap to make up for some of the production i guess.

it was a mythic time in around 11 min. and from there you could pump out a lot of mythic units and just run over the opponent.
but it only really worked in team games, mostly 3vs3.

posted 18 August 2003 09:26 AM EDT (US)     7 / 18  

Quote:

I believe that Set and rcs are overpowered

I don't play vs set cos i'm not 1800+. Rc are sometimes annoying when you try a fh with ra( i don't play greek and sometimes i play Odin).
But back to the post. You mustn't choose hesphaestus only for plenty, but also for his forge of olympus and weapon of the titans cos they are great techs.

Quote:

PS Plenty is simple weak cause
1. It takes time in order to actually make a difference.
2. By the time you reach mythic, resources arent a problem. All of the ugprades have been researched so you just need resources for creating units. Thats why you usually get a huge surplus of resources after some mins spend in mythic. So the vault isnt any useful.
3. All other mythic gps can actually help you more to change the tide of the battle, unlike vault

1) in 5 and half mins you have your resources which you must spend for mythic back+ an additional 1000 wood.
2) Greek units are expensive so the vault will compensate that a little bit(and make greek economy stronger)
3) hmmmm ragnarok and nidogg aren't always that usefull then plenty. Son of osiris won't help you if you are outnumbered(i'm not sure, when i play i always choose horus cos his gp is more effective.)
4) i think vault replace the vills you must spend on favor.
Benjamin
posted 18 August 2003 09:43 AM EDT (US)     8 / 18  
With Zeus & Hades, in 3x3 games, I always use Plenty, using it with a lot of Donkey Caravans from the Market allows me to greatly reduce the quantity of vils necessary, giving more room for MU pop. Greek MU's use up a lot of pop space.
-

FAILURE is not an option, it comes bundled with the software.
The graduate with a science degree asks, "Why does it work ?"
The graduate with an engineering degree asks, "How does it work ?"
The graduate with an accounting degree asks, "How much will it cost ?"
The graduate with an arts degree asks, "Do you want fries with that ?"
Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.
posted 18 August 2003 11:49 AM EDT (US)     9 / 18  
Any Zeus that reaches mythic and uses the plenty will have alot of resources, and some villies to spare. I'd say you have to make that count by building alot of military buildings and walls, trying to gain mapcontrol that way, and create more defensive structures then usual, for when you get hurt by your opponents more offensive Mythic-GP.
posted 18 August 2003 12:10 PM EDT (US)     10 / 18  
Plenty is almost always better in most situations, seldom will an earthquake win you the game, as a plenty keeps on going all game. Especially if it's a rather long game, the plenty will help alot.

Thx for this info lord_barberien.

posted 18 August 2003 12:23 PM EDT (US)     11 / 18  
I think in myth age,the game turns to the race of economic and pop.The one who have better economic and more pop space will win.
Actually the expense in myth age is extremely high and you have to upgrade your army to win.
In a lot of games,I think Plenty GP wins the games for greek player.
However,you shouldnt use unupgraded vill to calculate.
Who will have none economic upgrade till myth age?Even FM,you will get first eco upgrades.
posted 18 August 2003 02:12 PM EDT (US)     12 / 18  
I suspect that in about 40 days the Plenty Vault will become the most important Mythic age god power. Once the X-Pac is released any game that reaches Mythic will become a race to create a Titan.

With vills concentrating on constructing a gate the free economic income from the vault will be more important than ever.

Good post Lord Barbarien. I suggest you bump this topic back up the list after the X-pac release.

posted 18 August 2003 05:05 PM EDT (US)     13 / 18  
Thx, white_knight, i will.
Now, on request of some people i will calculate how many free vills plenty give with gather rate which are upgraded with eco upgrades. I will use the same formulas as my previous research

Wood

vills with all wood tech gather wood at 1.404 wood/sec
formula 1: 1.404 * 5= 7.02
formula 2: 15/7.02= 2.1
Plenty gives you 2 free vills on wood with upgrades.

gold

vills with all gold techs gather gold at 1.183 gold/sec
formula 1: 1.183 * 5= 5.915
formula 2: 15/ 5.915 = 2.5
Plenty gives you 2 and a half vill on gold with upgrades

food

vills with all farm upgrades gather food at 0.897 food/sec
formula 1: 0.897 * 5= 4.485
formula 2: 15/ 4.485= 3.3
Plenty gives you almost 3 and a half vill on food with upgrades.

but wait, the last farm tech won't be avaible untill mythic so you can set plenty before you have researched flood control.
Vills with two farm techs gather food at 0.828 food/sec
formula 1: 0.828 * 5= 4.14
formula 2: 15/ 4.14= 3.6
Plenty gives you a little more then 3 and a half vills on food with two upgrades.
Conclusion: Even with all eco techs plently give almost free 8 vills and without flood control a little more the 8 free vils. Pretty good for a gp.
Benjamin

posted 19 August 2003 03:37 AM EDT (US)     14 / 18  
Ppl the vault just isnt good enough. It gives you 8 villagers, so what? You have uber eco by then and most techs are researched thats why you dont need that many resources. You need pop.

And 8 villagers is a joke. Isis gets 9 more pop when she has 3 tcs. I would take any other gps over vault, except maybe nidhogg.

When a battle reach to mythic then chances are that we have a stalemate. And the vault cant help you at all when your enemy is using a different mythic gp. What can the vault do against earthquake, lighting storm, soo, tornado, meteor, fimbulwinter, ragnarok. These gps can turn the tide of the battle.

Lets make a scenario. Both sides reach mythic, 1 gets vault and the other gets earthquake. Then immediately 1 side cast earthquake and manages to destroy most of your forward base and grab a tc. And cool you have got 200 resources from the vault.

posted 19 August 2003 06:13 AM EDT (US)     15 / 18  
It isn't only plenty who gives you eco advantage, but also forge of olympus give you huge advantage(however the favor cost is rather high). Ragnarok is in a very few cases a game winner.
Benjamin
posted 19 August 2003 11:27 AM EDT (US)     16 / 18  
though the favour cost is high, if you can get 3 colossi into a battle it can really help too. the problem is they're incredibly slow...

i play zeus and hera is just nice to have around. good gp, good mu, good techs.

though equake is good, the chimera and artemis' techs aren't amazing so hephaestus can be more favourable i think for hades/poseidon (esp since they can get aphrodite which can aid in a semi-fast mythic while still having good econ).

fh

posted 19 August 2003 12:55 PM EDT (US)     17 / 18  
eh, relaxing, earthquake doesn't do much damage at all... even if you cast it in his forward base, he'll probably only lose two or three buildings, while others are moderately damaged.

as for having uber econs in mythic, that's true, but you're using that uber econ. you won't have loads of res stockpiled; you'll be using it. the extra res from plenty helps alot.

posted 20 August 2003 04:49 AM EDT (US)     18 / 18  
Earthquake+helepolis = dead forward base+forward tc.

So without military buildings you will eventually have to fall back cause your reins, wont arrive to the front as fast as enemy reins. Helepolis are awsome units with crazy hp and decent seige dmg. When all enemy buildings are almost dead(from the earthquake), 3 helepolis can go in and finish them even under heavy fire.

Lets admit it, when it comes to mythic, resources is never a problem, pop is. With the earthquake, seige, i will get that tc down and you will have -20 pop till you rebuild it. And chances are that i will destroy many military buildings on that base with my earthquake+seige and you wont be able to replenish your army fast enough(and you will have to get reins from other bases, which costs tons of walking time thus you will eventually lose that base).

With plenty, you will have like 100 more resources by the time you lose your tc. On mythic its all about applying maximum force at the right time and on the right place. Plenty unfortunatelly doesnt let you do that.

[This message has been edited by NIB (edited 08-20-2003 @ 04:57 AM).]

Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy Discussion » plenty article
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames