You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Discussion

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: A little confusion
posted 02 November 2003 01:05 PM EDT (US)   
The Murmillo is the only Atlantean unit available for combat in the Classical Age. However, this is very weak compared to the other civilizations, who can practically beat the Atlanteans in this age. Perhaps, they can allow the Arcus in the Classical Age? Or maybe put the counter-barracks in the Classical Age with either the katapeltes or the cheiroballista? This could aid the Atlanteans in this time of confusion.

"You take the side, and I'll take the front." Me giving commands to my ally while fighting a Titan.
Replies:
posted 02 November 2003 01:14 PM EDT (US)     1 / 13  
You cant be serious, can you?
posted 02 November 2003 01:17 PM EDT (US)     2 / 13  
Yes I can be. The Murmillo practically gets clobbered by archers at this stage of the game. Not even myth units can turn the tide of the battle. Yes, sure there is the automaton, but those die against any few group of heroes. Ensemble should maximize on this stage.
posted 02 November 2003 01:26 PM EDT (US)     3 / 13  
"Or maybe put the counter-barracks in the Classical Age with either the katapeltes or the cheiroballista?"

WTF?! There ARE ALREADY Counter-barracks in Classical, with Turma, Cheiroballista and Katapeltes.. did you actually think that Atlanteans would only get the Murmillo in classical?! For crying out loud, go play the game!

posted 02 November 2003 01:58 PM EDT (US)     4 / 13  
lmao, this thread should get nominated for an award or something. Although this could explain the murm spammers I come across from time to time.

Everyone got AIDS and shit
posted 02 November 2003 02:19 PM EDT (US)     5 / 13  
"Nominated for n00b Thread of the year award"

"I'm about 6'1 and 6'6 depending on which convenience store I'm leavin'"
"Dessy, why the hell are you drinking?!"-QH
"We're going to be at this all day"
ESO names:LoTD_Destro
Join the LoTD Clan!!
LP rules
posted 02 November 2003 02:37 PM EDT (US)     6 / 13  
I believe it was Jayhawk who said, "Some people excel so well at being dense that they create their own gravity well."

The Red Knight

"Must. Have. Flyswatter" - Soccy

[This message has been edited by The Red Knight (edited 11-02-2003 @ 02:39 PM).]

posted 02 November 2003 06:37 PM EDT (US)     7 / 13  
right now, at the time I posted this reply, there are TWELVE threads that more or less talk about the turmas on Classical and their strategies (for playing them or playing against them)..... how can someone post something like this? I think that Attacking_Hersis is A LITTLE CONFUSED (ROFLMAO)

"Wololooooo"
(Phrase of wisdom said by an old Byzantine priest)
posted 03 November 2003 02:04 AM EDT (US)     8 / 13  
Yeesh guys..
I've been reading this forum for quite awhile, though I've never bothered to post. Mostly because I'm just a Brook without a whole lot to say yet. One thing that's really bothered me is threads like this.. I didn't read any disclaimer that says you need to be an expert to post here, or anything that said I needed to read every post before I put my own up. I'm pretty sure we're all intelligent enough to find a more polite way to disagree with a newb post without making the poor guy never want to post again for fear of being heckled to death with snide comments and darwin award nominations.

That said.. Hersirs, you should really build some counter barracks if you'd like more options in classical. I don't buy the overpowerd Turma arguements, but they'll sure help you with that archer problem you were talking about.

ESO: thatguy

Yes, I suck. I've accepted it, move on.

"If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten" - George Carlin

posted 03 November 2003 03:37 AM EDT (US)     9 / 13  
Though I would love the idea of giving the Atlanteans all 3 units in the classical age and the complete Counter-Barracks only in the heroic age, then not changing the counter units (of whom I think all are a bit overpowered for classical).

By this, an Atlantean could field nice, mixed armies in classical, with the drawback of having only soft counters (though the 3 units are also not really hard-counterable, try it *gg*). In the heroic age, an Atlanteans player gets the boost of the hard counters (which are pretty good hard counters), and by this, can field a mixed army on par with the other civs, by mixing general units with exceptional hard counters.
This would also fix the problem of classical Turma raiding (Contarious would do this, and they have no range, bringing them inline with the other's civs raiding), and of the early Turma/Chiero combo. I mean, Contarious + Arcus are basically the same, but more generic and with less multiplicator. Still, raider + counter-counter, and good at that, for about the same cost...

What do you think of this? I like the idea

K.Rool,
Master of unnecessary knowledge...
posted 03 November 2003 04:09 AM EDT (US)     10 / 13  
Too much like Greek ...
posted 03 November 2003 10:32 AM EDT (US)     11 / 13  
I have to agree with thatotherguy here. I think that some people went over the top in this thread.
posted 03 November 2003 10:53 AM EDT (US)     12 / 13  
OMG, I was thinkin bout the same thing KRoll.

Quote:

Too much like Greek ...

Not quite. You would have 3 diffirent units coming from one building

-They would be created from 1 building like eggy(or Norse)..
-Their units would be strong like greeks..
-They would have cavalry(unlike eggy) created from that one building like Norse..

There would be no seige advantage(C-Ballista), they wouldn't have the wood required raiders which everyone whines about. Just some thoughts, but like tGo_elfjorc said, Atlanteans wouldn't be unique then

Tengri, The Sky Warrior

Gods played: Zeus-Thor-Odin

[This message has been edited by Tengri_ (edited 11-03-2003 @ 10:54 AM).]

posted 03 November 2003 02:28 PM EDT (US)     13 / 13  
Look at it this way. Greeks have mainline units in Classical, and counters in Heroic. Same thing would be so for Atlants. Murmillos are remarkably like Hoplites, and Contariuses would be like Hippikons. Arcuses like Toxotes. THat's where the similarity would be striking. Then in Heroic, Kats are almost a replica of Prodomos, Turmas and Peltasts, and then Chieros and Destroyers would actually become the only unique thing the Atlants have when it comes to Heroic and mainline fighting.
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy Discussion » A little confusion
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames