You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Discussion

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: A Guide to Ra's Minor God Choice's
posted 05 November 2003 01:59 PM EDT (US)   
ahh im writing this Guide because i fell i have some very important information and ideas that will help make everyone a better player..just some stuff that i have figured out that i wanna share with you all and i hope u enjoy this and try some of these ideas out.

Classical age-Bast or Ptah

Ptah-Is usually the Best Choice..his Shaduf Tech is a must have..Cheaper farms saves you TONS of gold and eggy needs gold more then anything else so this tech relives the gold strain on the Egypt Civilization plus his Barracks units upgrades are very helpful and the Wadjet..is a very under-rated myth unit..it is Ranged and behind a meatshild of spears it can inflict some serious damge and it only cost wood and favor thus it gives u more food to produce spearmen very nice myth unit indeed and they rock against Norse in classical.

Bast-Now Bast is the Econmy God choice..The choice if your going for a FH/FT due to eclipse makes your Titan UBER and also has another awesome use in heroic if you can mass 4 or 5 petsuchos and cast eclipse u can own anyone, Also Bast gives u a Farming tech Sacred Cats which helps your farming, and she gives a Wood chopping up Grade Adze of Wepwawet which makes your villes Chop wood faster, i would reccomend taking Ptah in most cases but don't under-estimate Bast...she can really get your Econ rocking and if your going with a Boom Strat then take Bast.

Hathor-Hathor is a very good God choice, she gives IMO the best Myth Unit in the game in the Petsuchos, plus she goves the Roc for the famous but lame Roc Dropping...she also gives Sun Dried MudBrick for cheaper and stronger buildings and the Medjay tech to make your Mercenaries live longer..which can be helpful in some situations..Also Locust Swarm can really destroy and put a hurting on your enemies farming operation..if you didn't use your Rain GP early then you gonna wanna go Hathor to minimize your opponents benifiting of Rain..but on a "Low Gold Map" i wouldn't reccomend taking Hathor as she is a very gold dependant Minor god..but on some Maps she is the best choice..it depends on the map and opponent.

Sekhemut-Sekhemut is an Awesome Minor God choice..you really can't go wrong with her..the Scarab is an awesome building killer and her Slings of the Sun tech makes your Slingers like Greek Toxtoes against Infantry couple that with Bone Bow to make your Chariots uber, and citadel for extra pop and you can usually outnumber your opponent which helps,Also the Scarab cost food and in late heroic/Mythic gold becomes an issue and u wanna use your gold wisely as the least gold sucking units you have the better.plus Ram of the West Wind really boosts your Siege towers and later in Mythic the Stones of Red Linen tech really boosts your Catapults they destroy buildings alot faster with these techs.

Osiris-Osiris is an AWESOME god choice..if you have the gold on the map to take advantage of his techs and myth unit..in late heroic and mythic gold is an issue and you have to decide if your gonna have the gold to make use of his techs/myth unit..the Son of Osiris is awesome to add to your army..but if your running most of your gold econ off trade i wouldn't reccomend Osiris as you just don't have the gold to spare, but if you have the gold and atleast 1 goldmine secured when your ready to go mythic then bye all means pick Osiris, the Mummy rocks is 1 of the games better myth units that converts enemies units to minions, the Desert Wind tech makes Ra camels downright awesome they just kill things and smash things with this tech, also New Kingdom can give u a big econ boost with 2 pahroahs empowering really helps the econ, just on low gold maps or if your relying on trade i wouldn't reccomend Osiris.

Horus-now Horus is just GREAT God choice in late game..most of his Improvements cost food..which is abundant bye now due to farming Plus the Avenger is just awesome..the Avenger is a mauler that gets right in it and just kills things and causes havoc, plus Horus makes your Spearmen Uber with the Greatest of fifty Tech and the Spear on the Horizon tech..Against Norse i would go with Horus due to Spearmen with these Techs Render the Jarl Useless as they just rape Jarls hardcore with the Greatest of Fifty Tech..well they rape all cav in general, the Spear on the Horizon tech gives your spearmen more hp, more hack attack..which makes the spearmen the most cost effective unit in the game with AWESOME stats with these techs researched coupled with the champion upgrade, The Axe of Vengeance Tech makes your Axemen like Zeus Hoplites..they tear down buildings like no ones business, on a low Gold Map i would go with Horus as Tornado can be Awesome when placed properly, the Avenger makes an awesome meatshield and Horus dependancy on food frees up your gold for military which will help when gold is an issue in mythic

So as i say Ptah most of the Time but Bast when booming or going for the FH or FT, but the Ptah+Sekhemut+Horus route can yeield Awesome results, but the Choice is up to you but i hope i helped you decide which minor god choices to make next time you play the game and tank you for reading my atricle good gameing everyone

Replies:
posted 05 November 2003 02:44 PM EDT (US)     1 / 5  
Good ans it resembles with my old (very old) guide to th god paths. But it's for Titas and requiered. But I would prefer Hathor to Shekmet in most situations.

You Guys Know I Like Gaia and Hades... Why?
Because I like to play defensive... Why?
Because I like to boom... Why?
Because I like to win... Why?
Because I like to kick a**... Why?
Because...err...hmm... I don't Know!
posted 05 November 2003 03:27 PM EDT (US)     2 / 5  
Hey thanks for the guide Ra is probably the god I use most. I usually do a fast/semi-fast heroic but I farm in the beginning with rain to get alot of food. Now I usually go Ptah because I use shifting sands alot but I was wondering since I'm primarily going to be using Migdol units wouldnt Bast be a better choice since almost all Ptahs techs are for barracks? But when you dont FH Ptah + Sekhment + Horus gives you awesome barracks units, though I really like FH.
posted 05 November 2003 03:43 PM EDT (US)     3 / 5  
Well Inner_Bliss..for a FH i would reccomend Bast since she gives u Faster Farming with Sacred Cats and faster wood chopping plus Eclipse+Hathor(Petsuchos) really own..and if u save your eclipse and use it conjuntion with your Titan it's usually good game..but Taking Ptah on a FH is very good too because it gives u "Flexablity" and Ptah also gives the Shaduf tech which greatly reduces the cost of your farms and saves you TONS of gold..and eggy needs gold bady so saving all this gold really helps since Bast gives no Migdol unit upgrades and Ptah gives u Barracks upgrades you are more easily able to switch your units if your Migdol units aren't working and u can still get upgrades for them..Usually the Ptah+Sekhemut+Horus route is the best..even though in some situations the Bast+Hathor+Osiris works best..it depends on the map and situation..i wouldn't reccomend Hathor or Osiris on "low gold maps" like Ghost lake for example because Petsuchos cost gold tons of it, so do Mercs,so do Mummy's and so do rocs and most of Osiris techs cost gold..gold u might not have..Sekhemut Benifits a FH so much cuz if you plan on using Migdol units the extra 10 pop Citadel gives helps you with your pop consuming Migdol units, plus with Eggy siege rams nerfed the Scrab provies a nice alternative, cost food and favor and they trash buildings like no ones business and when they die they spray acid everywhere hurting every unit around them, plus Sekhemut gives you Bone Bow to make your chariots uber and Slings of the Sun makes your slingers Uber combined with Ptah Electrum Bullets tech..the ptah+sekhemut route gives u flexablity with your units...athough on pick mythic god it depends on if you have enough gold and if your Migdol units are working then go Osiris for Desert Wind..if your having more sucess with Barracks units why not add to Ptahs and go Horus for uber spearmen, Uber Axemen and the awesome Avenger..it just depends on the Strategy your trying to implement

[This message has been edited by IAmRa (edited 11-05-2003 @ 03:45 PM).]

posted 05 November 2003 06:40 PM EDT (US)     4 / 5  
Great Post.
I almost always go:
Bast > Sekhemut > Osiris

Bast for economy and sphinx, which I use as a scout and villie killer, he's quick and has decent hp, attack, and armor.
Sekhemut for extra pop, slings of the sun, and siege.
Osiris for S.o.Osiris and bonus for camels.

I usually use Camels + Slingers.
With their bonuses I use Camels for Archers and Cavalry, Slingers for Infantry and Archers.
It's hard to counter this.

I almost never use mummies.

I am probably gonna try some different stuff cuz I am getting sick of using the same units, with your post I have a good idea which I should go now. Thanks.

~TDK

Currently Playing: Ra, Hades
Rating: 1570-1630
posted 05 November 2003 07:09 PM EDT (US)     5 / 5  
Ra is my fav. civilization in AoMX. I simply fell in love with using it , the first day I got the game. Many people claim for it to be one of the worst or probably the worst main God. I admit Ra is kinda weak in early age, but when fully upgraded in Mythic, its extremely powerful. I ususally go Bast -> Sekmet -> Osiris.

I like Bast because of the economy booster. I also use Eclipse whenever i get a Titan and i am fighting another titan. I used to use Hathor, but now i am going more with Sekmet. The Bone Arrows tech makes Chariot archers excellent building destroyers and raiders. Combined with Ra's +HP to CA, they can be very powerful. I also go with Osiris because of SoO, 2nd pharaoh, mummies, and desert winds. Ra can get the most powerful camels in the game with Desert Winds (+Ra's bonus for camels and CA). SoO is extremely powerful too. I use it more to empower one of my sites though. If you cast SoO on a Second Pharaoh, you get another second pharaoh later on. That is like 3 pharaohs empowering ur city. It really helps. Mummies are excellent MU killers and annoyers. One time this guy sent an army of 8 Colossi, and my 10 mummies turned them all into minions. That was funny. But i usually make 2 or 3 mummies.

I am still a rook, and am trying to improve my skills at the game. I wanna try my best to become an excellent Ra player and kick those Norse, Atlantean, and Greek butts. lol

Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy Discussion » A Guide to Ra's Minor God Choice's
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames