You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Discussion

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: sick of ppl btchin attie
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 15 November 2003 10:21 AM EDT (US)   
ffs since titans has come out ppl just moan and moan and want their civ of choice to be ultimate, i dont think atl is op at ALL, turmas are fine, look at atl classic units, they dont get a melay cavalry unit in classic, and the one they get in heroic (conts) sucks, not like eggy camel which imo is one of the most versatile units in the game, one thing thats bugging me is norse players bitchin and moaning because there godamn stupid cheap over powered lameness has been nerfed, and quite rightly too, i am not a full on attie player who is just sayin this to defend my civ, i play thor and zeus to a much MUCH higher standard to attie (1725-1625) i think ppl should stop blaming the fact they suck or the fact they dont know enough about the new civ yet to counter it properly on overpoweredness, its really gettin on my NERVES.
Replies:
posted 15 November 2003 10:32 AM EDT (US)     1 / 42  
Whining about whining. Where have I seen about this before...

Flames
1/5 Winner of AOMH's Funniest Forumer Award

"No! Back away! I'll give you anything you want! Money? Women?... Men?"- Stewie

posted 15 November 2003 10:44 AM EDT (US)     2 / 42  
I gotta agree. I usually only whine because I suck. If you have a real problem with the game, don't play it. Remember, this is a real time STRATEGY game. If your strategy doesn't work, come up with something new. Don't cry because ES killed your old strategy. They are just trying to breathe new life into the game for, for example, people who were sick of being overwhelmed by a huge, cheap, norse army. ES is only trying to keep people from becoming disenchanted with the game. So quit whining and start thinking. Adapt and overcome.
posted 15 November 2003 10:45 AM EDT (US)     3 / 42  
no longer is everyone complaining theyre too strong, i think they just train to fast.. by the time i can have 10 RC with thor, they can have about 20 turmas, even w/ the same amount of rax. ES doesnt have to nerf theyre stats, just the training time, not by much, just by like.. 3 seconds, 2 seconds, some thin like that
posted 15 November 2003 12:19 PM EDT (US)     4 / 42  
yes attie have expensive powerful units but they train quickly.

supporter of Crystal Palace Football club
Leader of The VnX clan!

ESO Name: Rulezzz
posted 15 November 2003 12:32 PM EDT (US)     5 / 42  
kata needs a nerf in all aspects.

L_Clan_Dalamar, eso nicks: glhfgggb, L_clan_dalamar
posted 15 November 2003 02:09 PM EDT (US)     6 / 42  
also speed? and los?

-The Speaker

(-speaker-)
:unsure:
posted 15 November 2003 02:18 PM EDT (US)     7 / 42  
contarios may suck, but they dont need em. Turmas raid better and kill archers to. Besides, Contarius seems to be a formidable food drainer to.
posted 15 November 2003 04:03 PM EDT (US)     8 / 42  
Then don't visit the forums. Apparently you've never been 3:30 kronos rushed.
posted 15 November 2003 06:59 PM EDT (US)     9 / 42  

Quote:

Whining about whining. Where have I seen about this before...

I think he is complaining about whining peopleBTW, I owned you on ESO!!!

posted 15 November 2003 09:02 PM EDT (US)     10 / 42  
I have to agree wiht him...Atlantes are not Over_Powered..i think their boring to play quite honestly..thas why i went back to Ra..Eggy can still roll with Attie just pull a FH to even out the speed.vs.speed things..Camels against Turma's Camnels win Big time...Greeks can just go Hip+Hop and own things, Norse can go RC+Ulfsarks...what more do Norse players want? the Ulfsark got boosted..Raiding Cav got more hack armot making them the most cost+pop effective unit in classical that owned hipps before in both aspects..now it's just worse..

Oh how the times have changed..they just mad cuz they can't just spam RC all through classical...that wasn't how the game was intended to be...i still see poseidon players doing some good Hipp Raids..they train slow too..don't make it nerfed ya know Set might have been OP but it took Micro SKILL lots of it..to pull Set off..with Norse all u had to do was just create pure Raiding cav in classical and u could 1700 easy..im sorry but they say Atlanteas are lame? LOL

Turma's are "Weak"..i beat a turma spammer the day i got the game with Ra..won my 1st game i played against it actually..Turmas are their to "Harass" not destroy they suck against buildings..Slingers break even in terms of Cost, Cav counter them, Spears counter them, Ulfsarks teat them to pieces in equal numbers and they train times are close..i don't see what the big deal is..just adapt make units that have high "hack" attack anything with a high "hack" attack will own a Turma

posted 15 November 2003 09:17 PM EDT (US)     11 / 42  
Well... maybe Egypt can stand up to Atlantean but maybe the problem is that some civs are underpowered which can be noticed more easily against atlanteans hence those people blaming the atlantean player.
posted 16 November 2003 07:25 AM EDT (US)     12 / 42  
Flames arnt you whining about whining about whining?? so technically you are just as bad so you have completely made yourself look stupid. haha.

anyway thanks for agreeing guys its so true isnt it every civ has its weakness, and yeh training times are good for turma but hey as you said urself they are expensive, and sure you can make more in a short amount of time but what good is that when you run out of resources?
and the 3:30 kronos rush sucks, you just need to turtle ur ass and then wen you hit classic your econ is like 5 times as good as his and you can destroy his foward build and onto fast titan, as he will be a cripple by then.
i remember the good ol' days when ppl whined about ppl spamming rc or hipps, and now there whining about turma, and the truth is - rc and hipps both own turma so whats with that? besides turma spammers suck i beat oranos as oranos when he spammed turma, counter - kama, comon, its easy, and if someone is spamming kama then spam murmins? THINK dont b!tch.

[This message has been edited by KDrag_Sarius (edited 11-16-2003 @ 07:27 AM).]

posted 16 November 2003 07:41 AM EDT (US)     13 / 42  

Quoted from IamRa:

they just mad cuz they can't just spam RC all through classical...that wasn't how the game was intended to be..

I agree with that but on the other side, How about just spaming Turma's through classical, is that how it was intended to be ??? And don't tell me you cannot win with that, you can - and it happens every single day on ESO because they just train so fast there is no way to keep up with it

TORDENSKIOLD(1690-1720)

During the Great Nordic War (1700-1720), he was commander of the danish navy, which defeaded the swedish army at Kristiania (modern Oslo). After the war, he was killed in a duel on Nov. 12, 1720 just outside Hamburg, Germany, during a travel to England.

ESO: TORDENSKIOLD
posted 16 November 2003 08:39 AM EDT (US)     14 / 42  
the turma problem solved:

-make hunting dogs more important so 100w 100g doesn't go straight to the turma-production (i've watched many, many games where good atln players don't get hunting dogs, even on hunting-dense maps)
-no free medium upgrade. what is the point of having this? no other classical unit gets a free medium upgrade. this is 150w 150g that goes toward turma production.
-kata multiplier being a tad bit high. makes it very hard to counter turmas.
-turma training time being a bit (couple secs) too fast.

notice how none of these things are about unit stats, but in combination make for turmas being a real annoyance.

fh

posted 16 November 2003 08:47 AM EDT (US)     15 / 42  

Quote:

anyway thanks for agreeing guys its so true isnt it every civ has its weakness, and yeh training times are good for turma but hey as you said urself they are expensive, and sure you can make more in a short amount of time but what good is that when you run out of resources?

atlanteans have such a good eco that they can continually pump turma from 3 rax with no idle time.

Member of the Orion Clan
Orion_Schwartz
posted 16 November 2003 09:09 AM EDT (US)     16 / 42  

Quote:

Flames arnt you whining about whining about whining?? so technically you are just as bad so you have completely made yourself look stupid. haha.

Aren't you whining about me whining that your whining about whining? This can go on forever...

I never said I disagree, I actually do agree.

Flames
1/5 Winner of AOMH's Funniest Forumer Award

"No! Back away! I'll give you anything you want! Money? Women?... Men?"- Stewie

[This message has been edited by Flames (edited 11-16-2003 @ 09:10 AM).]

posted 16 November 2003 09:37 AM EDT (US)     17 / 42  
ah but jschwartz173 if you do continually spam them like that, sure youll have turmas but you wont be advancin fast, infact probally not at all if your going for that kind of army....
btw - how the hell do you quote?
posted 16 November 2003 12:18 PM EDT (US)     18 / 42  
Whiners are way OP. They dominate these boards.

ES needs to nerf the whiners, or I'll just go back to Vanilla AoM.

posted 16 November 2003 12:23 PM EDT (US)     19 / 42  
To quote start with
[quote]text here then [/quote] 
posted 16 November 2003 12:23 PM EDT (US)     20 / 42  
BB Code

"I'm about 6'1 and 6'6 depending on which convenience store I'm leavin'"
"Dessy, why the hell are you drinking?!"-QH
"We're going to be at this all day"
ESO names:LoTD_Destro
Join the LoTD Clan!!
LP rules
posted 16 November 2003 09:37 PM EDT (US)     21 / 42  
Oh yeah Flames, well, I'm whining about your whining about his whining about their whining.

Proud Member of the GO_Clan, Guardians of Olympus
"Some of them are still alive, we must build more medievel steps"
"Fight hard men, if we win the war, we can afford pants"
Veni Vidi Velcro: I came, I saw, I stuck around
Sure, blame it on your ISP.
posted 17 November 2003 08:21 AM EDT (US)     22 / 42  
Then don't visit the forums. Apparently you've never been 3:30 kronos rushed

Ahhh P3N4 hmmm
you complaint about 3:30 rush :O
hmmm what about your loki rush and then???

hmmm Nerf loki too :P

AKA Deep_Bed_Devil
Be Deep! Be Perve!! Be Careful!!!
posted 17 November 2003 08:55 AM EDT (US)     23 / 42  

Quote:

Two lefts don't make a right. But three do.

War doesn't decide who's right. It only decides who's left.
posted 17 November 2003 09:28 AM EDT (US)     24 / 42  
nwzmn .. I couldn't agree with you more
posted 18 November 2003 02:47 PM EDT (US)     25 / 42  
LOL.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy Discussion » sick of ppl btchin attie
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames