You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Discussion

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: A guide to Gaia lush
posted 15 February 2004 08:34 PM EDT (US)   
Well this is my third installment in the series of god powers and abilities and in this i will show that lush is more than a pretty special effect

Lush i have found is useful for many things, according to the book "Enemies cannot build on lush". This means that god powers like Tartarian gate and underworld passage cannot be placed in it so it is sort of like a down graded version of the Isis monuement power.

There are two rules for using lush
1.Buildings should be spaced as to get the largest effect area
2.It can be used to secure gold mines and possibly settlements.

The main strategy for using no.2 is to build manors, guilds and later towers near your or your opponent's base to take valuable gold mines and settlements.

Also something I would like to include into this is a bonus guide to the fact Gaia's buildings regenerate. This also means two things that should always be known and used
1.This can save you resources and as long as the enemy does not attack in mass you do not have to repair your buildings
2.A very good use for this is the tartarian gate.Also it is a possibility that titan gates can raise their hp by their selves.(did not test that yet)

I hope this double guide helps those who use Gaia and yes Pug I tried to be more thorough so if anybody could suggest something do it and i will gladly add it

Enjoy!

Replies:
posted 15 February 2004 08:40 PM EDT (US)     1 / 11  
hmmm the titan gate thing would kinda be useless, it would go up so slow it wouldn't matter but i didn't think about taking setlements like that. If you get lush around it does that mean that settlement thing can never be taken by the enemy
posted 15 February 2004 09:01 PM EDT (US)     2 / 11  
^^ thats not correct, the lush fades after your building is killed but it takes a while
posted 15 February 2004 09:27 PM EDT (US)     3 / 11  
that really is irritating. You kill their town and cant take the tc for what seems like 10 min, but probably closer to 3-4 min.

R.I.P Shiva
posted 15 February 2004 09:33 PM EDT (US)     4 / 11  
good...but a little short in order to make a good guide it has to be specifec and have good details and facts maybe pictures. Show a little more. Do some tests.

AOM Titan Info.
Rating: 1650+
Civ. : #1 Thor #2 kronos #3 Odin
ESO : Blunt_69 aka CV_KiNGPiN
posted 15 February 2004 09:53 PM EDT (US)     5 / 11  
Ok but i cant figure out how to put pictures in
posted 16 February 2004 08:32 AM EDT (US)     6 / 11  
Good going! Never really thought about "claiming" my own gold mine!

The Earth can satisfy our need
but She can't satisfy our greed
So use only wat u need
for nobody can tame our Mother
when She's angry
posted 16 February 2004 08:43 AM EDT (US)     7 / 11  
Very short, but actually very interesting. I never thought about "claiming" gold mines either, or even TCs.

Good going Try to make them longer though

ESO user name - ChimeraArtemis
Rating - 1662
Favourite Major Gods - Isis, Gaia, Hades, Loki

Creator of the Egyptian Myth Unit Guides - Phoenix, Wadjet, Scorpion Man, Scarab
And the Atlantean Myth Unit Guides: Stymphalian Bird, Satyr, Lampades Heka-Gigantes, Man O'War

posted 16 February 2004 09:32 AM EDT (US)     8 / 11  
I've been trying to claim things with gaia, though you kinda forget about it in the heat of battle. I don't think the titan gate gets hp because her bonus doesn't effect buildings that are only half built.
posted 16 February 2004 10:56 AM EDT (US)     9 / 11  

Quote:

Good going Try to make them longer though

Wow praise from Caesar!!!

Yes i guess i could have added how long the lush lasts after buildings are destroyed.

I will add pictures in my next guide but i need to know how to so if anyone could help me on that i would be grateful.

posted 16 February 2004 11:05 AM EDT (US)     10 / 11  
Just dont used houses to claim gold mines or tcs. With the few houses atlanteans get, losing one or two could really put ya in a bind if you did not notice it right away, although the lush still stays for a bit. Also Does the lush give you los without any buildingns?

R.I.P Shiva
posted 16 February 2004 11:07 AM EDT (US)     11 / 11  
No it doesnt
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy Discussion » A guide to Gaia lush
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames