Please login or register

Strategy Discussion

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Guide to the Titan
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 09 March 2004 10:52 AM EDT (US)   
The Titan probably is one of ES' most contraversional unit ever created (in a normal supremacy/deathmatch game). It's so damn strong, and I see that people have/had trouble against one. If so, this will help you out. If not, then it's still a nice read

The Titan's stats.

What makes the Titan so good? Obviously, it's his stats. So here's a brief overview of the Titan's stats.

Hitpoints: 7000
Crush Attack: 70
Hack Attack: 70
Hack Armor: 89%
Pierce Armor: 94%
Crush Armor: 89%
Speed: 3.75
Population Cost: 20 pop

If you look at this, you'll notice that a Titan is a 1 unit army. Very high armor, very high attack, loads and loads of hitpoints and slow speed. You might bring in that the Titan also costs 20 pop, but that's nothing compared to his stats.

How to get a Titan

Once you reach the Mythic Age, you are able to research a fifth age. It's located at the Town Center where you always find age advancements. Once you click it, everybody will notified that you are researching the Titan Age. Once you're done researching, everyone will also get a message saying you've reached the Titan Age.

Unless you got any mods installed, you notice a big button under your other God Powers buttons. Click it, and place the foundation somewhere with space on the map. You can now assign villagers to build the gate and dig the Titan out. There also is a button which stops all villagers from gathering resources and they will directly walk to the gate to build it. I'm not going to advice you to use it, but sometimes it's really handy, like when you have no time. Otherwise, just task villagers to build it, and some to gather resources so you can still build an army to fight your enemies'.

After the first villager starts building the gate, a timer will start. It starts with 0%, and when it reaches the 100% the Titan gate is finished building, your villagers will stop building and you can re-task them again, and the Titan appears.

How to use the Titan

The Titan is so mighty that it can crush an army just by himself. Now, I suppose you also have some other sort of army. Use the army to fight his and use your Titan where and when necessary. After the first battle is won, use your units to kill his newer units, and then you can use the Titan for everything.

A main use for it, and probably the best, is to smash his towncenters. No Towncenters means he loses quite some population, and in the end this will mean that you can build a bigger army then him. It also prevents him for getting mercenaries if he's Egypt and villagers for all cultures. When you got his Town Centers smashed, go for his houses.

After you've destroyed all of his population providing buildings, it's time to attack the arrow shooting buildings, so that your army can safely move in. Destroy Towers and Hill Forts. If you still have an army and Titan, and he doesn't have anything but useless buildings and villagers, he will probably give up his hope for winning that game.

How to counter a Titan

One of people's main fear is to face an enemy's Titan. I had the same thing when the Expansion Pack was just released. Untill I ran several tests in the editor with my main civilisations and discovered he isn't so hard to beat for most gods. I'll now discuss the best ways of beating one.

Norse: Norse have a hard time to beat a Titan. It has been proven many times by forumers and top players. However, there are some very good ways of killing a Titan.

The most common way is to spam hersirs, the Norse hero. This unit trains slow, and probably isn't the best used unit against a Titan. However, it will do is job when in large numbers. A Jarl is a cavalry unit, which also deals extra damage to Myth Units, like a second hero. Having a few of them can also work.

Odin and Thor have access to a God Power called Ragnarok, provided by Baldr. It will transform all your villagers to the so called Heroes of Ragnarok. All heroes eat Titans/Myth Units for breakfast, and the Hero of Ragnarok is no exception. Thor also has access to a God named Bragi, which gives you the God Power Flaming Weapons, which will ups your regular units troops, including heroes. The hero of Ragnarok can then get a whopping 20+ attack, combined with the multiplier heroes get vs. Myth Units will absolutely rape a Titan.

Baldr also provides a Myth Unit called the Fire Giant. It deals a decent amount of Crush damage, something the Titan can't stand very well. Massing a few of them also is a very good idea, if you get something in front of them to protect them.

Loki has the biggest problem against a Titan, he has no acces to Baldr. However, he has some nice handy bonussus that will help you stop the Titan. Loki also has, as only Norse god, acces to the goddess Hel. Her God Power will summon a flying dragon. A Titan can't get to the dragon (because it's flying) and thus it will be nice back-up for your troops. Hel also gives you the Giant Myth Units, including the Fire Giant.

Loki's Myth Units and heroes also have a bonus. Myth Units cost less favor, so you can have cheaper Fire Giants. Also, you can train hersirs from the Longhouse. Loki's Longhouses train troops faster, so you can have hersirs out faster.

Greeks: Greeks, with the exception of Poseidon, don't have a very hard time vs. Titans. To start with Zeus. Zeus has access to his God Power called Bolt, it won't kill the Titan instantly, but it will do like 1,500 damage to a Titan. Also Zeus has the Mythic Age hero Bellerophon, a very stong and quick hero that will do massive damage with his jumping attack. It won't kill the Titan easy, but it's a beginning.

Always use all four heroes against the Titan. This can be considered as a golden rule, because all the heroes are very good vs. the Titan. Not using one of them against the Titan is just suicide.

Use Siege! Helepolis and Petroboli all do crush damage, and will ripp through them like a knife trough butter.

All three Greek Gods have an unique unit. Zeus has the myrmidon, a very strong unit that deals bonus damage against other cultures human soldiers. Greeks also have a special technology in the Mythic age which lets all unique units do bonus damage against Myth Units. Massing the Myrmidon agaist a Titan thus is a good idea, if they have the tech "Beast Slayer" researched. (You can research this technology in the Foretress)

Hades will have the easiest time against a Titan. Use all four moderately strong heroes against it, but also use the Gastraphetes against it (Hades unique units) with the Beast Slayer technology. They will absolutely cut trough a Titan and rape it in seconds of time. If you add siege in the Mix, there is no easy counter to that.

Poseidon has a crap unit against it. Hetatroi won't do many damage. So just use the heroes with siege/toxotes backup. That should get very far.

Egyptians: Egyptians don't have a hard time at all vs. a Titan. Egyptians have access to a very good meatshield, the War Elephant. Egyptians also have access to very massable and cheap priests (heroes) which can be trained from various buildings at a super quick rate. You get it; put the Elephants in front, with ranged support from the priests.

Remember, always upgrade the priest. Some gods offer Myth Techs which will upgrade your priest, doing more damage or have a larger range.

The Pharao can come in handy as well. It does huge damage to Myth Units. Osiris offers the Son of Osiris God Power, which will transform your pharao into a mighty hero. This is a very strong unit which, if the Titan can't get it, can almost kill it single handedly.

Atlanteans: Atlanteans might be a very strong (maybe too strong) culture, they can't really touch a Titan. Heroes are very expensive, they don't have very good Myth Units against a Titan. The only chance you might have vs. a Titan, is create on of yourself. Hero destoryers and hero Arcus have the biggest multiplier against Myth Unit, while Fully Upgraded Fanatics have the highest attack, so upgrading them to heroes will make them even stronger. Very good luck killing one.

What to do after you've killed his Titan

So you've killed his Titan? Very well done. But you aren't there. What you can do now, is cast you're own Titan Gate, and he doesn't have a Titan to finish yours off! You see it happen very often.

Some other handy things to a Titan

Ok, this is very tricky, and not nice at all. There are a few technologies that upgraded the Titan. A tech from Hekate, Mythic Rejuvenation, lets the Titan regenerate very fast. So the Titan is very hard to kill. Hera has a tech called "Monstrous Rage", which let's the Titan have more attack. Bacchanalia, a tech granted by Dionysus, let's the Titan have 5% more HP. Eclipse also works on the Titan. This means that the Titan has an attack of 105 for a minute, moves faster and has more armor. Unluckily, the Norse don't have something like this.

I hope this little guide helped you a bit, and I hope you liked reading it . If there are any questions or comments, don't hesitate to ask them.

EDIT: Fixed a minor mistake

The Wait Is Over

DoJo Clan Site

[This message has been edited by Yohan Hoogland (edited 03-10-2004 @ 02:42 AM).]

Replies:
posted 09 March 2004 11:03 AM EDT (US)     1 / 34  
Really good guide!

But I think that Norse should either have a tech that benefit the titan or the other cultures' tech should not benefit the titan.

The best clan ever is TOAO Clan!
posted 09 March 2004 11:15 AM EDT (US)     2 / 34  
They have the speed bonus - which can be useful in chasing other Titans that are trying to flee from a group of hersir...

Oh, and Myhtic Rejeuvenation heals the Titan VERY SLOWLY - NOT "quickly".

posted 09 March 2004 11:36 AM EDT (US)     3 / 34  
man don't you think that when your titan dies your villagers should be able to eat its carcass - I mean - at least the egyptian one, it's just a big bird.

Not the atlantean one it looks like a guy burned by acid or Robocop or something like that.

posted 09 March 2004 11:39 AM EDT (US)     4 / 34  
Quircus, I know "really fast" actually isn't the right word, but it will heal with 2 HP/second. That isn't something I call slow!

The Wait Is Over

DoJo Clan Site
posted 09 March 2004 12:29 PM EDT (US)     5 / 34  

Quote:

Poseidon has a crap unit against it. Hetatroi won't do many damage. So just use the heroes with siege/toxotes backup. That should get very far.

Right..What do you call Polyphemus? He's the best hero in the entire Greek line up (If one doesn't count speed) Poly can stand up to a Titan best..I guess Heta aren't best against the Titan, but using Heta to do small raids on the Enemy's houses works well.

.¸¸.· · .¸¸.·´ §hïvå | RágeOfHaemòn · .¸¸.· · .¸¸.·
« . ° ¤ Scenario Designer | Woad Creations ¤ º . »
posted 09 March 2004 12:44 PM EDT (US)     6 / 34  
Greeks also have access to Gold Colossos.

It has 1500 hitpoints, so 5 of them have more hp than the Titan

Together with your 4 heroes they are the best Titan killing army in the game.

TORDENSKIOLD(1690-1720)

During the Great Nordic War (1700-1720), he was commander of the danish navy, which defeaded the swedish army at Kristiania (modern Oslo). After the war, he was killed in a duel on Nov. 12, 1720 just outside Hamburg, Germany, during a travel to England.

ESO: TORDENSKIOLD

[This message has been edited by Tordenskiold (edited 03-09-2004 @ 12:45 PM).]

posted 09 March 2004 12:45 PM EDT (US)     7 / 34  
Hi Shivs. With the crap unit, I mean the Hetatroi. This is a guide about Titans, and hetatroi defenetely sucks against it. It's a fact, I've tried it myself. I wasn't talking about Polyphemeus, he, indeed, is one of the best Greek heroes in the Greek line-up.

It would be interesting to see a comparison between Bellerophon and Polyphemus, they are both very strong.

EDIT: Torden, thanks for mentioning that. I totally forgot about Collosi. I know they are very strong, and dirt cheap for only 25 favor. When I have time later tonight, I'll change that.

The Wait Is Over

DoJo Clan Site

[This message has been edited by Yohan Hoogland (edited 03-09-2004 @ 12:46 PM).]

posted 09 March 2004 01:12 PM EDT (US)     8 / 34  
Nice guide, for Norse you might want to mention ballista, those things are strong and have a massive range so you can effectively keep them out of reach of enemy troops.

ESO:NoFx__MoogleFish
Proud Co-leader of NoFx
posted 09 March 2004 01:15 PM EDT (US)     9 / 34  
Yep, correct. Moog, I might consider joining NoFx these days, but I heard you are an invite only clan. Is there some chance for me to join

The Wait Is Over

DoJo Clan Site
posted 09 March 2004 02:19 PM EDT (US)     10 / 34  
this guide is really helpful! good job!!

SUPERDROIDEKA
posted 09 March 2004 03:02 PM EDT (US)     11 / 34  
In a 1v1 battle, Bel would beat Poly. All he'd have to do is run around and keep doing his special..

.¸¸.· · .¸¸.·´ §hïvå | RágeOfHaemòn · .¸¸.· · .¸¸.·
« . ° ¤ Scenario Designer | Woad Creations ¤ º . »
posted 09 March 2004 03:08 PM EDT (US)     12 / 34  
Great guide!

Belle can beat SoO or so ive heard.

Glorfindel -Age of Mythology Heaven
My site Runescape- Awsome Online game! The new 3d verson has been released. My RS name is Tartariandog! My forums Best design team ever!
Eso rates/names= Tartariandog-1600, PW_Glorfindel_- 1556, PW_Glorfindel__-1600.
Winner of the most underated forumer award!

posted 09 March 2004 03:46 PM EDT (US)     13 / 34  
1 vs. 1 is not always the right option... there are numerious other important things. I just don't wanna name them all. Seems I've gotta update tomorrow.

Thanks for the great response

The Wait Is Over

DoJo Clan Site
posted 09 March 2004 03:51 PM EDT (US)     14 / 34  

Quote:

A Titan can't get to the dragon (because it's flying) and thus it will be nice back-up for your troops

Titan's special dmg affects flying units as well. And since nidhogg is "melee"(thus close to the titan), titan's speciall will affect it as well.

Also norse have ballistas. Ballistas are your best bet against titans. They have huge range and do really nice peirce and crash dmg. Jarls wont do any good, unless you have odin fu jarls cause they are melee and they get owned by titans. Hersirs are good though and loki can go almost all hersir(and mus/ballistas) and really own a titan. I have killed a titan(full hp) in less than 35secs with loki. I had massed FU hersirs+8-9 fgs+flaming weapons vs titan+20ish tas. So funny, titan died before flaming weapons even expire. The game was kinda over by then though .

Also egyptians can use catapults. Those things own since they do crazy ammount of dmg(especially sekhmet's catapults). I think that even though catapults die faster than priests and are slower than priests, they might do more dmg per pop than priests(against a titan), although i havent tested this. You can use a roc along to make your catapults a little more manouverable. But then again, if you have a roc, your enemy shouldnt have got a titan gate built in the first place .

Quote:

Hero destoryers

I wouldnt advise using such weak melee units against a titan. Just go heavy on hero arcuses or stymphalian birds.

ESO name : Relaxing

Eisai ellinas? Tote ela sto www.noobwars.gr.

posted 09 March 2004 05:29 PM EDT (US)     15 / 34  
Yohan can u make me administrator of the VnX forums please?

supporter of Crystal Palace Football club
Leader of The VnX clan!

ESO Name: Rulezzz
posted 09 March 2004 05:53 PM EDT (US)     16 / 34  
and u can get 3 pharaohs with new kingdom and wait till u have two pharaohs, then cast osiris gp
ivs always hated playing vs eggy -___-
posted 09 March 2004 10:05 PM EDT (US)     17 / 34  
very good giude
with the last thing upgrades for a titan i once versed a titan (zues) it had 88 attack y is that
sorry i don't no which gods he chose either

if u want to join my clan contact either me or
ESO: Gippal
ESO: TheDragonKnight
posted 09 March 2004 10:35 PM EDT (US)     18 / 34  
The tech that gave your enemies titan 88 attack is called "monstrous rage" which is mentioned above, although it increases the attack, not the hp.
posted 10 March 2004 00:29 AM EDT (US)     19 / 34  
I play zeus and if the nme gets the titan b4 me, I go after it with most of my army, 5 gold collosi and 4 heroes to directly assault the titan and all the myrmidons i can muster to take care of the forces supporting the titan...
posted 10 March 2004 02:41 AM EDT (US)     20 / 34  
Did I say HP, wait I'll change it. It's attack of course. I'm about to go to school so I'll finish it when I come back.

The Wait Is Over

DoJo Clan Site
posted 20 March 2004 01:03 AM EDT (US)     21 / 34  
I heard somewhere that einherjar can raise a titan's attack power to 105, but I'm not sure
posted 20 March 2004 01:56 AM EDT (US)     22 / 34  
i think you are reffering to the eclipse longtooth....
posted 20 March 2004 04:43 AM EDT (US)     23 / 34  
Just how could you think that it was neccesary to make half of your guide contain the info on how to MAKE the titan?
posted 20 March 2004 01:43 PM EDT (US)     24 / 34  
Zeus has the best titan in the game when worshipping Dionysus and Hera...

Bacchanalia gives ur titan +350 hp and Monstrous Rage adds 25 % to all damage types, so you have 88 attack...

also Zeus' bolt and Hera's Lightning storm can deal more than 3000 damage to a titan, 1250 from the bolt, and something like that with the lightning storm as well... combined with the 2 techs, you should win your titan vs titan battle easily...

also Bragi has access to the Thelzas Rune which gives ur MUs +12% speed, can come in handy when running away from hero's or when you need to get at an enemy titan gate before its done buidling, so it can be VERY usefull...

AOE3 @ SM4RTASS

Dominating with: The French
HC: Le Moule
Explorer: Ze Chauvenist

posted 20 March 2004 02:13 PM EDT (US)     25 / 34  
Interesting read. Good job

Sith
Halo 2 Stats | AoMH | AoE3H | FMT
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy Discussion » Guide to the Titan
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register