You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Discussion

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: A guide to the Anubite
posted 14 March 2004 11:13 AM EDT (US)   
I used to use Anubites quite alot, so I decided to do some tests on them. Let's take a look at the stats.

Cost: 90 Food 14 Favor
Hitpoints: 200
Hack Attack: 13
Hack Armor: 60%
Pierce Armor: 55%
Special Attack: Leaps into enemies like that Greek Hero on the Pegasus. Forgot his name

Looks like your standard "good in swarms" Myth unit like the Automotan. Let's see how well this performs.

Test 1: 1 Anubite vs 3 Hopolites

Anubite lost in 24 seconds. 1 Hopolite killed, 1 Hopolite left with 16 Hitpoints. This did ok, but I have to say I expected better.

Test 2: 1 Anubite vs. 3 Toxtotes

The Anubite won in 18 seconds. It had 91 Hitpoints left. It seems the Anubite does better against archers (leap over meat shield)

Test 3: 5 Anubite vs. 1 Hillfort

The Anubites destroyed the fort in 39 seconds and suffered no damage. (Can't attack too close...) Looks pretty good for a Classical Myth Unit.

Test 4: 4 Anubites vs. 7 Dwarves and an oxcart.

Did very poorly. It took them 69 Seconds to destroy the Dwarves and oxcart!! Most disturbing indeed...

Test 5: 1 Anubite vs. 1 house

House destroyed in 55 seconds. Wow. Not as good as I expected.

Test 6: 1 Anubite vs. 3 Hippikon

Anubite lost in 23 seconds. Killed 1 Hippikon, 1 Hippikon had 31 hp. left, and other had full health. Did better than expected. Especially since calvary is so expensive...

These tests show that this Myth unit is good in the Classical and Heroic for leaping over enemy lines and getting those pesky archers, but will be very overpowered in the Mythic Age. I also have guides for the Wadjet and mummy out and I will get the Won on the Psteuchos out soon. Please post your comments and vote for my next guide.

[This message has been edited by Darth Persia (edited 03-14-2004 @ 11:14 AM).]

Replies:
posted 14 March 2004 11:22 AM EDT (US)     1 / 20  
No offense, but how about you spend more time on each guide rather than make a bunch of cheap guides. Cmon i know you can do better than this.
And if you really want to make the front page, which is probably why you made all these guides, 1 good one will get you there better than a bunch of lower qualitiy ones.

I told you I'd be back.
posted 14 March 2004 11:24 AM EDT (US)     2 / 20  
What could I have done better?? I just have been compiling and writing these down (on paper) for a while and decided to post them here.
posted 14 March 2004 11:25 AM EDT (US)     3 / 20  
Leave the guides to Chimera and Manticore.

Its tourist season, get your rifle.
Foreign tourist meat is good.
Who cares what you do? We will all be dead in a few decades.
Dont run from your fears and sorrows.
Drown em in soda
posted 14 March 2004 11:26 AM EDT (US)     4 / 20  
You probably didn't micro the anubites. If they jump on the archers, make them run away when their special attack gets full again and jump again.
posted 14 March 2004 11:44 AM EDT (US)     5 / 20  
I'm seeing plenty of critiscisim, but no comparisions or suggestions or even what I could do better....
posted 14 March 2004 11:46 AM EDT (US)     6 / 20  
What you could do better is stop writing cheap guides, like your THREE. Although it's nice to see you put some work in it, they are not good. Leave it to ArtemisChimera and ManticoreKiller. They can do the job.

The Wait Is Over

DoJo Clan Site
posted 14 March 2004 11:48 AM EDT (US)     7 / 20  
See my previous post....
posted 14 March 2004 12:22 PM EDT (US)     8 / 20  

Quote:

I'm seeing plenty of critiscisim, but no comparisions or suggestions or even what I could do better....

I agree, the criticism is not really backed up with reasons are arguments or whatsoever. The fact that you posted like 3 guides within a few minutes time probably suggested that you didn't spend a lot of time on them. Also, an introduction and some more details would be nice. Keep in mind human beings judge by appeal.

When it comes to the quality of the contents I think the popular artemischimera's and manticorekiller's guides are not very good either honestly, so if I give you advice on this it probably won´t help you a lot with my deviating point of view.

It´s not written in the rules that you´re not allowed to write these guides, but you know what people are like. Maybe if you come up with something completely new people will appreciate it as they like originality. If you want to go on writing these guides no one can forbid you of course

Member of NoFx
ESO: NoFx__Cymophane from now on
My website: www.cymophane.tk with Odin recordings and some more
NoFx site: www.nofx.clans.cc
posted 14 March 2004 12:23 PM EDT (US)     9 / 20  
YOur guides are pretty good, just try to say "vs. eggy" "vs.greek" etc. and what they can be used for.

Weird people call for weird signatures.
posted 14 March 2004 12:32 PM EDT (US)     10 / 20  
Thx for the suggestion Cookie Now this is what I like. Not just flaming or saying I can't write these guides like Artemis Chimera(How else am I supposed to??) I will se If i can work on that.
posted 14 March 2004 01:39 PM EDT (US)     11 / 20  
http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=t&number=20&dp=0&s_name=silver&s_subject=
Look about half way down. 5 of my threads in a row are closed, all the same repetitive subject. Thats what all your guides remind me of.
And i did give you constructive criticism. I told you to focus more on 1 guide and make it good, which im sure youre 100% capable of, but these 3 or 4 guides are all useless because you didnt put full effort into them.

I told you I'd be back.
posted 14 March 2004 01:41 PM EDT (US)     12 / 20  
It's just a computer game kids. If he wants to post guides, let him do so. They're pretty good anyway. If you don't want to read it, then just skip over it.
posted 14 March 2004 01:53 PM EDT (US)     13 / 20  
There not good.
Here is my critism:
Too many to take in
No intro, conclusion or interesting facts
No upgrades on units
No credit to artemis chimera
Why do a MU guide

Ex member of the good clan VnX
Ex member of the better clan PW
Applicant member for Orion
posted 14 March 2004 04:42 PM EDT (US)     14 / 20  
why does he have to give credit to ac??? ac doesnt own the format.

Proud Member of the EcLiPsE Clan

EcLiPsE_SkuLL

posted 14 March 2004 04:46 PM EDT (US)     15 / 20  
yeah.
posted 14 March 2004 05:09 PM EDT (US)     16 / 20  
He can make all the guides he wants, truth be told I kind of like these cuz you don't have to go through all shit to get to the stats...Just pace yourself with putting the guides out, they are just getting pissed because they only do them once a week and you did 5 in one day. PUtting some more insight into them might help as well...No one knows how to give CONSTRUCTIVE critzism these days...
posted 14 March 2004 05:36 PM EDT (US)     17 / 20  
Quote: Why do a MU guide?

Why do Artemis and Manticore??

Thanks The_Fighter, you've made me feel better about this whole thing. I'M SICK OF TAKING THIS LYING DOWN!!! I TRY TO BE POLITE, JUST POSTING A COUPLE OF MY FINDINGS, AND EVERYONE GETS ALL HUFFY!! WHAT'S THE DEAL?? I'M SICK OF BEING FLAMED!!!! *Takes deep breath and heart medication* *WHEW* Look, I just am tired of all u guys getting all huffy. Just because Artemis is too busy to put out more than 1 guide out at a time, doesn't mean I can't. But, I'll try and pace myself. I'm tired now though....

[This message has been edited by Darth Persia (edited 03-14-2004 @ 05:49 PM).]

posted 14 March 2004 05:45 PM EDT (US)     18 / 20  
Add in more information. There's about as much info in this guide as there is in the manual, and we all know how much that is.

Add in more conclusions/thoughts, include upgrades, and maybe use a few 'real' game experiences; like have a full army vs. another full army in one test, and then on the eggy side replace some of the units with anubites, and see how much the outcome of the battle changed. Use realistic armies, ones you'd actually see in the game. More unit information too, attack bonuses and stuff like that.

posted 14 March 2004 05:50 PM EDT (US)     19 / 20  
Thank you for not unleashing your flaming flamethrower on me and thx for the suggestion
posted 14 March 2004 06:17 PM EDT (US)     20 / 20  
I actually think that some of ManticoreKillers guides are crap.
All of AC's are good though.

I told you I'd be back.
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy Discussion » A guide to the Anubite
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames