Please login or register

Strategy Discussion

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: A guide to the Petsuchos
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 14 March 2004 11:42 AM EDT (US)   
Like the Mummy, I heard some really good things about the Psteuchos (I'm happy to report they are true First, let's look at the stats.

Cost: 200 gold 14 favor
Hitpoints: 480
Pierce Attack: 55
Pierce Armor: 44%
Hack Armor: 40%
range: 20

Look at the range!! That's pretty far! But enough speculation, let's see how it performs in the tests.

Test 1: 1 Psteuchos vs. 3 Hopolites

The Psteuchos won in 26 seconds with 364 hp. left. Excellent!! For a unit that should have a meatshield, it did very well.

Test 2: 1 Psteuchos vs. 3 Toxtotes

The Psteuchos won in 21 seconds and had 368 hp. left. It did very well against the archers, killing 1 toxtote in 2 hits!

Test 3: 5 Psteuchos vs. 1 Hillfort

The Psteuchos won in 88 seconds. All Psteuchos survived, 1 had 64 hp. left, another one had 103 hp. left. It performed well, but took too long. Defenitely not a building killer.

Test 4: 4 Psteuchos vs. 7 dwarves and an oxcart.

The Oxcart and dwarves were killed in 33 seconds. This did very well, alot better than the Anubite (See my other guide)

Test 5: 2 Psteuchos vs. 3 Hippikons.

The Psteuchos won in 17 seconds and one of them had 371 hp left. This did excellent! Killing 3 hippikons this quickly, especially with no bonus vs. Calvary is excellent. A ranged Calvary killer... Sounds good

Test 6: 1 Psteuchos vs. 1 house

The house was destroyed in 100 seconds. Very poor showing indeed. This is defienitely not a building killer.

What did you think of my guide?? Did you like it, hate it? Did you want to flame me b\c ArtemisChimera was about to make guides on Eggy MU's?? Post your comments, and maybe your vote on my next guide. Last time I checked, the Sphinx was winning

I also have guides on the Anubite, Wadjet, and the Mummy.

USES

Vs. Norse: These guys are great vs. Norse. Having no ranged heroes, It's tough for them to kill the Psteuchos if you have a good meatshield.

Vs. Atlantean: Since they can have ranged and non-ranged heroes, it depends on what they use. Hero Arcus's spell trouble for the Psteuchos, while others not so much.(But if you have no meatshield, it really doesn't matter anyway.)

Vs. Egyptian: Not as effective. Their priests have pretty long range (not counting SoO) so they can take the Psteuchos down from a range. Best to have chariot archers take out the priests.

Vs. Greek: The Greeks, having Bellpheron, Oddeyessous, and Perseus (depends what God) can quickly kill the Psteuchos, especially Perseus (who has an instant kill) and Bellpheron (who's leap attack does alot of damage.)

[This message has been edited by Darth Persia (edited 03-14-2004 @ 01:07 PM).]

Replies:
posted 14 March 2004 12:40 PM EDT (US)     1 / 31  
Ummm. It cost 200 gold.

Its tourist season, get your rifle.
Foreign tourist meat is good.
Who cares what you do? We will all be dead in a few decades.
Dont run from your fears and sorrows.
Drown em in soda
posted 14 March 2004 12:51 PM EDT (US)     2 / 31  
Thanks for catching that, I was looking at the tech tree.
posted 14 March 2004 12:55 PM EDT (US)     3 / 31  
Why why why? What was the point in doing 5 "guides" in one day?

By doing so it shows that you have not put much effort into the guides and so you should not be taken seriously as a guide maker.

ESO user name - ChimeraArtemis
Favourite Major Gods: Isis, Hades, Gaia, Loki, Ra, Thor

Creator of the Egyptian Myth Unit Guides - Phoenix, Wadjet, Scorpion Man, Scarab, Petsuchos
And the Atlantean Myth Unit Guides: Stymphalian Bird, Satyr, Lampades, Heka-Gigantes, Man O'War, Dryad, Automaton

posted 14 March 2004 12:57 PM EDT (US)     4 / 31  
It doesn't really take so long to do these tests. So what am I supposed to do, wait so it seems it takes me longer?? I also notice, Artemis Chimera, that you have given me no suggestions on how I can be better.

[This message has been edited by Darth Persia (edited 03-14-2004 @ 01:00 PM).]

posted 14 March 2004 01:00 PM EDT (US)     5 / 31  

Quote:

It doesn't really take so long to do these tests. So what am I supposed to do, wait so it seems it takes me longer??

What the heck? Posting 5 guides in one day is just irritating and annoying to readers who see that the strategy forum is clogged up with "guides" by one person. This is why Manticore and I do it once per week....

EDIT: Fine you want comments on how to make it better, I'll give them to you. How long have you got?

Post one guide, not 5
    Learn how to spell the units' names correctly
    Use upgrades in tests
    Give conclusions and suggested usage for the units
    Give information that some people may not know
    Present information clearly
    Go through specific bonuses and special attacks
    and many more....

I will still be carrying on with the Egyptian Guides despite your attempts at writing them.

Creator of the Egyptian Myth Unit Guides - Phoenix, Wadjet, Scorpion Man, Scarab, Petsuchos
And the Atlantean Myth Unit Guides: Stymphalian Bird, Satyr, Lampades, Heka-Gigantes, Man O'War, Dryad, Automaton

[This message has been edited by ChimeraArtemis (edited 03-14-2004 @ 01:04 PM).]

posted 14 March 2004 01:01 PM EDT (US)     6 / 31  
The only person who's complained about it "clogging up the forums" is you. I don't wish to be rude, but can't you be a bit more constructive?

QUOTE: "I will still be carrying on with the Egyptian Guides despite your attempts at writing them."

Why do you care if I write an Egyptian guide?? Will it make yours less good?? You make it sound like I'm trying to get you to not make your Eggy guides. Why are you so angry. Without being rude, I think that you are getting a swelled head and thinking only you have a right to make guides. I know you are very good at making guides, but pretending I'm attacking you isn't making you better. At least, that's my opinion...

[This message has been edited by Darth Persia (edited 03-14-2004 @ 01:33 PM).]

posted 14 March 2004 01:37 PM EDT (US)     7 / 31  
Your guides can't touch ChimeraArtemis's or ManticoreKillers. Simple as that. As for reasons, if you can't figger that out by comparing your guide to theirs then there is not much hope in reasoning with you. All's that is going to end up happening with this attack of the clones is that the guys who know how to write them well are going to get pissed off and quit. That would be a bad thing, so just QUIT with the guides.

2nd place is the first loser
posted 14 March 2004 01:40 PM EDT (US)     8 / 31  
Don't listen to them. If the so-called experts would post guides more frequently, then maybe I could understand their complaining. Keep it up, I found it interesting and informative. Thanks!
posted 14 March 2004 01:40 PM EDT (US)     9 / 31  
At least its better than my Centaur guide....

I told you I'd be back.
posted 14 March 2004 01:42 PM EDT (US)     10 / 31  
Manticorekillers will never touch chims as he did it first. Quite frankly you are a bit lame, copying one persons idea, why not do a guide to a unit??

Ex member of the good clan VnX
Ex member of the better clan PW
Applicant member for Orion
posted 14 March 2004 01:45 PM EDT (US)     11 / 31  
Thank you donato, I'm glad some people don't think I'm attacking Manticore Killer or just trying to annoy people.
posted 14 March 2004 01:59 PM EDT (US)     12 / 31  
Hehehe... ManticoreKiller and ArtemisChimera have no reason to be jealous. :P

I think it's great that other people want to try and help us out on the forums. Quite honestly, I rarely get much out of the guides that I didn't know - but I always get something. I got nothing from your guide Darth Persia.

If you're looking for a niche to be appreciated, I agree - go with human units guides, maybe you'll find something people didn't know about some of them.

"Its never the things that happen to us that upset us, its our view of them." -Epictetus
Dual GeForce 256MB 6800 GT over SLI PCI Express x8...aaaaw yeah.
My ESO2 Stats | Screenshot Archive
posted 14 March 2004 02:00 PM EDT (US)     13 / 31  

Quote:

Why do you care if I write an Egyptian guide??

I don't. I care if you write 5 in a day because you have not put enough effort into them.

Quote:

Will it make yours less good??

By the quality of them.......no.....

Quote:

Why are you so angry.

I'm not angry. I just feel that posting 5 guides in one day (as I've said over and over again) is stupid.

Quote:

Without being rude, I think that you are getting a swelled head and thinking only you have a right to make guides.

Nope sorry you're way off again. If I has a "swelled head" then I'd be telling you that I am the only one who can make guides and you should stop them right now. By all means carry on making them, just accept the critism.

Quote:

I know you are very good at making guides, but pretending I'm attacking you isn't making you better. At least, that's my opinion...

I'd like to know where I "pretended" that you were attacking me. Far from it. If you were attacking me then you wouldn't make yourself look stupid by posting 5 guides in a day.

[This message has been edited by ChimeraArtemis (edited 03-14-2004 @ 02:01 PM).]

posted 14 March 2004 02:08 PM EDT (US)     14 / 31  
Stop wasting your time unless you're going to do better than a half-assed copycat job on these.
posted 14 March 2004 03:48 PM EDT (US)     15 / 31  
How am I supposed to make mine different from ArtemisChimera's or ManticoreKiller??
posted 14 March 2004 04:27 PM EDT (US)     16 / 31  
do human units or siege weapons or heroe giudes they might work better and Artimes said exactly what needs to be done to make it beeter in one of his posts

~Skele10~
posted 14 March 2004 04:31 PM EDT (US)     17 / 31  
Thx Skele10 I will take your suggestion. I am tired of people flaming me about how my guide sucks, and how much better ArtemisChimera or ManticoreKiller are. I'm tired of being treated like a jerk because I wanted to make my own MU guides. I guess this has taught me not too tread into the territory of those more powerful than me....
posted 14 March 2004 07:06 PM EDT (US)     18 / 31  
Well I dont mind the guides one bit. Too bad everyone just has to smack you around for trying to help. Next you should move to the egyptian Pharoh and Priests as well as all their major god benefits, just to keep yourself from getting flamed.

[This message has been edited by Rostam (edited 03-14-2004 @ 07:07 PM).]

posted 14 March 2004 07:08 PM EDT (US)     19 / 31  
Man, Darth you have to stand up for yourself!!! In all honesty I think you should be able to do what you want, if you can do 5 in a day then hats off to you! My only suggestion is that you DON'T call them guides. They are only really stats and a small summary of anti-civ usage.

However, there are bucket loads of MUs to do and AC/MK are gonna take AGES. If someone wants a guide to the Manticore, they might have to wait for months!!! At least someone is giving them a quick release...

Oh yeah, there is practically NO other way to do guides to ANY unit apart from the way AC did them. Can people please get into their mind that if they want a guide, it's gonna look similar no matter what you do!

Proud member of the Orion Clan
Orion_Tok
Check out my Japanese Civilisation Design Here!
posted 14 March 2004 07:16 PM EDT (US)     20 / 31  
Thank you for that posotive feedback. If ManticoreKiller, or Artemis Chimera don't like my guides, then they can buzz off Also, they take so long, that I don't see how they can complain.

[This message has been edited by Darth Persia (edited 03-14-2004 @ 07:18 PM).]

posted 14 March 2004 07:36 PM EDT (US)     21 / 31  
Ya... we know you are trying to show manticore and AC up, I am with ya all the way, and I am FREAKING SICK OF THEIR GUIDES! ANYONE could make a better guide than them if they tryed...

Thing is Darth you are not trying very hard, and it looks... pitiful... I hate AC as much as you, but if you are going to show him up... do a good job... <_<

Death comes on swift wings to all who oppose me.....

WND_Banishment
1780+
Clan Link: http://www.geocities.com/clanwnd/

posted 14 March 2004 07:39 PM EDT (US)     22 / 31  
Why do you HATE AC?! He's helpful in making guides. I know he appears big headed (emphasise APPEARS), but that's no reason to hate him!

Proud member of the Orion Clan
Orion_Tok
Check out my Japanese Civilisation Design Here!
posted 14 March 2004 07:43 PM EDT (US)     23 / 31  
I don't hate ArtemisChimera, and I wasn't trying to show anyone up. I just wanted to post some results of some tests I made. Then ArtemisChimera got defensive and other people started flaming. Then it became an issue of me against ArtemisChimera, not me making a guide to help others. I know I'm not that great. I don't have any idea how to post pictures and I never said that I was better, but ppl acted like I was bragging. I think it's disgraceful how ArtemisChimera, and all those other ppl flame any guide other than ArtemisChimera and ManticoreKiller's.
posted 14 March 2004 07:52 PM EDT (US)     24 / 31  
Your guides are good but Atermis Chimera is right. 5 guides in one day is too many. I would really look forward to a guide to human and siege units .

Rating: 1750

Check out my Bellerophon Guide and my Myrmidon Guide

Member of the TpC_ Clan
posted 14 March 2004 09:09 PM EDT (US)     25 / 31  
Thanks for not flaming me. I will refrain from posting a guide more than one guide every couple of days.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy Discussion » A guide to the Petsuchos
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames