You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Discussion

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: eggy minor god path overview
posted 26 March 2004 01:12 PM EDT (US)   
um... im bored, so im gonna make an overview of eggy gods for anyone whos interested

classic age

anubis

"Anubis was the funerary deity of ancient Egypt. He would weigh the hearts of those passing into the underworld to test their worth. This somber deity features little in tales of Egyptian myth."

myth unit: anubite

there are a few guides on the anubite: the technical one by darth persia.... and my "practical" one. all you need to know is in these two articles, but feel free to ask q's

god power: plauge of serpants

this is a usefull gp, used to defend an area with 10 snakes. they may not be strong, but they distract enemies, and can be used as a free meatsheild. this is probably most usefull on water, if you get to classic a little late, as you can retake a section of water with it.

techs:

anubis has some usefull techs for a classic god path, with necropolis giving 10% favour speed, and serpant spear improving youre spear/slinger combo early on.

most usefull for: sea battles; raiding

bast

Bast was one of the avenger gods - those designated by Ra to seek out and destroy the enemies of Egypt. She was associated with the fierce desert cats and lions of Egypt, and was said to possess their ruthlessness and ferocity.

myth unit: sphinx
darth persia has also done a guide for the sphinx

the sphinx has good pierce armour, is fast and does splash damage with its special. it can be good at raiding goldmines, and has a bonus vs buildings.(thx quiricus)

god power: eclipse

eclipse is best used in a combination with ancestors, but this is only available with isis. otherwise just use it with alot of myth units, or while raiding to stop gp's such as cease fire or freeze

techs:
bast has some quite usefull upgrades for farming and wood, and two upgrades for the sphinx. they can be quite usefull, but not game changing

most usefull for: using with ancestors/taking out forward bases.

ptah

Though Ptah does not feature greatly in Egyptian mythology, he is generally credited as being the creator god. It was his wisdom that formed the other gods, and indeed the world. Ptah was worshipped for his divine wisdom and understanding of life.

myth unit: the wadjet

the wadjet is a ranged unit that is good vs human units.

there are two guides to the wadjet: one by darth persia and one by artemis chimera

god power: shifting sands

sometimes faulty, when it works, this is really usefull for raiding/having a million uses. this is imo the most adaptable gp, at least for eggy. try ss'ing their villies between youre tc and towers... lol

techs: ptah has three good techs for barracks units, one for each unit, and one average tech for farms, which could save you alot of money....

most usefull for: if you go heavy on barracks units, then its good to go ptah. if playing vs eggy, then it will give you the upper hand.

heroic age

nephthys

"Nephthys was the goddess of death and life, the companion of those moving between the worlds."

nephthys is probably the most common heroic god choice, as her ancestors gp rules (at least most people think so), especially with the eclipse gp. her techs and myth unit are good, too....

myth unit: scorpion man

click on the pic for artemischimera's guide to this unit:

since the scorpion man only uses wood and favour, you can easily make them on top of barracks units without changing youre econ.

myth unit: leviathan

the leviathan is a moderately usefull water unit that can transport 20 units.

god power: ancestors

this is the reason i went nephthys most of the time. free controllable units for around a minute. it can be used for defending youre base, support for attacking, as a free meatsheild, to take out their archers or to raid. use with eclipse for best effect.

techs:
Spirit of Maat Pharaohs, Priest double healing rate, Priests -20% cost
Funeral Rites Pharaoh, Priest damage multiplier vs Myth units increased by 4
City of the Dead Pharaoh +20% attack, +30% HP, returns from dead faster

as you can see, they all affect preists and the pharoh, which is most usefull if youre opponent is going heavy on myth units. if you are planning on going osiris too, then i would strongly suggest going nephthys.

most usefull for: killing myth units, in a fh to overpower youre opponent with ancestors early on.

hathor

hathor is my favorite heroic god choice. i find all her techs, gp and myth units very usefull, with locust swarm being one of my favorite gp's.

myth unit: petsuchhos

darth persia has done this guise to the petsuchos, one of my favorite myth units.

myth unit: roc

the roc can transport 15 units over cliffs, water, trees, or anything.... nice for jotunheim, lol

god power: locust swarm

if you think of this gp as being a villie killer instead of a farm destroyer, its alot more usefull. it does most damage vs farms, but is lethal if used on a crowded gold mine, or against villies making a wonder/titan gate.

techs:
hathor has some of the best techs, too. increasing merc lifespan, and reducing building cost by 15% are two of the bonuses hathor gets, with the third tech improving petsuchos range.

most usefull against: enemies on maps where you need to farm early on/ enemies on alfheim/jotunheim for using mercs agressively or for forward building

sehkmet

myth unit: scarab

artemischimera and darth persia have both done a guide for the scarab.
its a "living seige unit", costing food and favour, allowing you (if you wanted to) to create both types of seige, swamping them.

god power: citadel

this gp transforms one of youre existing tc's into a citadel, giving you 10 extra pop. it can also be used on allied tc's, giving them the pop.

techs:
Bone Bow Chariot Archer +4 range
Slings of the Sun Slingers do an additional 30% damage to Infantry and Throwing Axemen
Ram of the West Wind Siege Tower +20% HP and attack
Stones of Red Linen Catapult, War Barge +20% attack

sehkmet's techs benefit ranged units and seige, which is usefull if you feel like the game will drag on.

most usefull for: killing buildings/out pop'ing youre enemy

mythic age gods

thoth

my main reasons for going thoth is the tech "book of thoth", which is like an extra line ug for every reasource.
oh yea, and meteor

myth unit: pheonix

again, there are two guides to the pheonix. one by artemis chimeraand one by phoenix141

it is a flying myth unit with a slight bonus vs buildings, which is kinda usefull in support... mabe.

myth unit: turtle type thingy that ive never used....

meh, click on the pic. if you want.

techs:
Valley of the Kings Migdol Stronghold units train 66% faster
Tusks of Apedemak War Elephants +20% HP, +10% attack
Book of Thoth Villagers gather gold, wood and food from farms 10% faster

thoth has some good techs, but they are migdol-heavy. which is no bad thing...

god power: meteor

v. good gp, that is lethal if used on a farm-saturated area. basicaly kills a whole area of their base if backed up with an attack. bit n00by tho... j/k!

most usefull for: longer games, as you can get an economic edge with book of thoth/kill their farms with meteor

horus

"Often called the Avenger, tales of Horus concern his to avenge the murder of his father Osiris by his evil uncle Set. The sun and the moon were his eyes, and he could bespy his enemy throughout the land, however on times when the sun or moon were hidden, he was unable to see and would blindly attack other gods."

myth unit: the avenger

SilverOsirisAOM has done this nice-looking guide for the avenger, pics and all! (i can talk!)

god power: tornado

its a bit like meteor, but, well, worse. at least you can guide where it starts, and it is also good at taking out farms, but, well.... i just dont like it, ok?

techs:
a bit like the ptah of the mythic age, horus' techs affect barracks units:
Axe of Vengeance: Axemen have damage x3 vs Buildings
Greatest of Fifty: Spearmen -10% hack vulnerability, damage multiplier vs cavalry increased by 1 (damage x2.1)
Spears on the Horizon: Spearmen +10% attack, +30% HP

most usefull for: overpowering the enemy in large battles with avengers/mega barracks units

osiris

osiris is probably my favorite mythic god, even though i find myself constantly going thoth. mixed with nephthys, SoO is amazing, and mummys rule with petsuchos in support. his desert wind benefits youre camels alot, and 2 pharohs (3 if you use SoO on 2nd pharoh) is always going to be nice!

myth unit: mummy

^click on the pic for a guide to the mummy by darth persia

god power: son of osiris (SoO for short)

i could have sworn there was a guide for the SoO! ill edit this and put it in when/if i find it (or whoever does it could put the link?)

ok... here's darth persias guide to the SoO... phew

until then this will do...

as you can see, the SoO is amazing vs myth units, doing 4x the damage, and hitting multiple units. goodbye fire giant. just remember to keep a good meatsheild, you only get one of him!

techs:
Desert Wind: Camelry +20% speed, attack and HP
New Kingdom: Gives you two pharoahs instead of one
Funeral Barge: Kebenits do damage x2 vs arrow ships
Atef Crown: Mummy +20% HP, +40% attack. Minions live twice as long

osiris gets some nice techs, with "new kingdom" standing out, and desert wind being a killer. good overall.

most usefull vs: myth units/in big battles with the mummy (you can tell im getting tired, lol.... wait, its the end! yay!)

THE END

thanks too:

heaven games, for all the pics, i think

everyones guides i linked to (darth persia, artemischimera, SilverOsirisAOM and phoenix141 i think... feel free to flame me if i forgot you, lol)

theris 264 for his guide to the guides at aomh

um, any others that need praise, leave a reply.... even if theres no reason for praise. i have an imagination.

as you can tell, i need to sleep. im rambling. bye!

edit: if you need any more detailed explinations/uses of the god powers, i suggest you go here, as the people at aomh can do it far better than i ever could...

[This message has been edited by ipso (edited 03-29-2004 @ 07:46 AM).]

Replies:
posted 26 March 2004 01:55 PM EDT (US)     1 / 14  
Sphinxes Special doesn't work on Villagers....

Good Guide although I knew it already...lol

posted 26 March 2004 04:24 PM EDT (US)     2 / 14  
Really good overview....but how long did u spend on this? It must have taken forever! I commend your dedication.

http://nervenexus.com/eso/eso_stats.php?ESOName=kmacattack3&gametype=Supremacy&timeperiod=AllTime
posted 28 March 2004 06:26 AM EDT (US)     3 / 14  
Where do you have all those pictures from?! Please send me some of them at robert_pomohaci@yahoo.com
posted 28 March 2004 09:11 AM EDT (US)     4 / 14  

Quoted from ipso:

eclipse is best used in a combination with ancestors, but this is only available with isis. otherwise just use it with alot of myth units, or while raiding to stop gp's such as cease fire or freeze

would be great if used during a Titan to titan match... it increases the titans attack to 105 from 70 for one minute....

Quoted from ipso:

techs:
bast has some quite usefull upgrades for farming and wood, and two upgrades for the sphinx. they can be quite usefull, but not game changing

Myth Techs of Bast

Sacred Cats - Bast's Cats Protect farms from vermin,making them produce food faster

Adze of Wepwawet - bast lets laborers knock down trees and gather woods faster

Criosphinx - Bast upgrades the Sphinxes to Criosphinxes with more Hitpoints and Attack...

Hieracosphinx - BAst upgrades the Criosphinxes to Hieracoshinxes increasing their speed and attack...

picturestry to elaborate the myth techs....

nice one dude, put more picturestry to elaborate the myth techs....

im too lazy to elaborate it all for you coz this is your guide... im sorry i dont have the exact numbers for those upgrades.....

overall i'l give you A- for this one.....cheers dude

ESO Name : ZeusThorOranos - Supremacy Ratings - Death Match Ratings
ESO Name : chopstick - Supremacy Ratings - Death Match Ratings
LoH the suckiest Clan you can ever join...
posted 28 March 2004 09:19 AM EDT (US)     5 / 14  

I couldn't resist.

.¸¸.· · .¸¸.·´ §hïvå | RágeOfHaemòn · .¸¸.· · .¸¸.·
« . ° ¤ Scenario Designer | Woad Creations ¤ º . »
posted 28 March 2004 09:39 AM EDT (US)     6 / 14  
Good Idea. I'm going to post pictures of www.ebaumsworld.comat new guides. That should scare them

The Wait Is Over

DoJo Clan Site
posted 28 March 2004 09:57 AM EDT (US)     7 / 14  
Try that and get banned. I don't want nonsensical pictures everywhere, mine was only made as a joke.

posted 28 March 2004 11:09 AM EDT (US)     8 / 14  
looooooool, and i thought this guide got ignored!

@robert_pomohaci: i got all the pics from the main aomh site. if you want the url then right click on a picture and click properties

@ZTO, the exact % increase is here, again, from aomh's main site.

@shiva: lol!

posted 28 March 2004 01:02 PM EDT (US)     9 / 14  

Quoted from Shiva:

I don't want nonsensical pictures everywhere, mine was only made as a joke.

Quote:

Do as I say, not as I do. It's only funny and allowed because it was done by me.

Fixed!

I've done a lot of things that I'm not proud of.
And the things that I am proud of are disgusting.
posted 28 March 2004 02:02 PM EDT (US)     10 / 14  
now you see shiva YOU Agree with me too i see lol!!!

Why did ya lock that topic eh? lol

And what was that bout wanting to ban me for it lol!!!

PS2MAN
The Mythod Clan Burns To Ashes
Long Live The Phoenix!!!!
Phoenix_PS2MAN an Norse Wars Expert

Currently Recuriting Experienced NW UK Players.
posted 28 March 2004 04:49 PM EDT (US)     11 / 14  

Quote:

Do as I say, not as I do. It's only funny and allowed because it was done by me.

Well duh I like, totally agree with you there!

Nifty, your thread had nothing to do with AoM, it had no "positive feel" and hell, it was even in the wrong forum..

posted 28 March 2004 05:25 PM EDT (US)     12 / 14  
You spelled my name wrong, i believe, twice...Apart form that GR8 OVERVIEW and not technically a guide which is nice...

Death smiles on us all...all any of us can do is smile back.

Those who are brave, and live by the sword...get shot by those who don't

Highest ESO Raiting: 1738
Favorite God: Ra

posted 28 March 2004 08:37 PM EDT (US)     13 / 14  
i change my mind, i rate this post C- now :P ......
why? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
secret!!!!!!

ESO Name : ZeusThorOranos - Supremacy Ratings - Death Match Ratings
ESO Name : chopstick - Supremacy Ratings - Death Match Ratings
LoH the suckiest Clan you can ever join...
posted 29 March 2004 07:48 AM EDT (US)     14 / 14  
whoops, sorry phoenix141, ive corected it now

@zto: if you dont tell me what it is, then how can i get it back up to an A-??? c'mon, tell me

Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy Discussion » eggy minor god path overview
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames