You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Discussion

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Sekhemut most under-rated Herioc god?
posted 08 May 2004 01:21 AM EDT (US)   
As i play Ra mostly...i have decided to Change up and have been picking Sekhemut over Hathor and i have won my last 10 games....quite intresting lets look at Sekhemut's Bonus

Citadel-Plus 10 pop...this is very "Under-rated" and im almost close to saying this could be the best GP in the game if used wisely...it allows you to "Out number" your opponent bye 10 pop spaces at equal Town Centers...and with Ra you get uber rax or uber migdols unints...this makes him an OP isis in terms of the quality of troops Ra can field on top of his stellar Economy...not a bad deal

Slings of the Sun-I don't use this one much...but i will say...it does make Slingers maul infantry just like greek Toxtoes...and really renders Hyapist, Axemen and throwing Axemen useless as it increase the Slinger damage bonus against these types of troops to insane levels...

Ram of the West Wind-Adds 50 Hp's and 10 Crush attack to Siege towers, Good tech if you can afford to get it..combined with Siege Engineers they lay the smack down on buildings

Stones of Red Linen-Boosts Catapults and Siege ship crush Attack

Bone Bow-Prolly my Fav tech..just makes Chariot Archers "Insane" with 24 range...the opponent really can't stop your raids...as a Fortress won't protect his precious villes on an outside goldmine cuz the Chariots can get out of range of the Fortress and still pick off your villes...it also makes them much better at mauling infantry at range...quite fun to see players foold infantrey at you...while you hide Bone Bow charioits behind a TC/Migdol and just maul his infantry watch em drop like flies with Proper Micro

Tired of Age of Buildings?...Tired of Villagers being able to kill Siege Weapons so quickly?..then Sekhemut is the choice for you let me introduce you to TA DA!

THE SCARAB-Villes can't ville them....they thrash buildings...are very hard to kill...and with Ra's Rain+Cheap Monuments...you can afford alot of them...tired of games Dragging on to mythic age? and Titan Age?...go Sekhemut...i have won 9 games in a row players can no longer turtle under buildings as scarabs eat them and are very hard to kill...Chariot Support kills any hero's that try to kill your scarabs...

Just a Note...With Sekhemut's Bone Bow tech...Massed Chariot Archers will Simply "MAUL" most other units at range...especially with a Meatshield/Buildings...also...with Bone Bow Chariots have a Range of 24....they out range a Fortress...this means your opponent can't really stop your raiding...and he can't effetivly protect his goldminers...your Chariots will "Out-range" his fortresses...you just sit quietly out of range and just pick of his goldminers...it's quite nice...and with Ra's HP and speed bonus..they are harder to kill...and can run away much faster making hit and run tactics all the more easier and more effective

Just some thoughts...next time you play Ra go Sekhemut...try it...feed your opponent Scarabs...let the Scarabs munch on his buuildingd and kill many villes with Bone Bow chariot archers...

Replies:
posted 08 May 2004 04:58 AM EDT (US)     1 / 11  
interesting

i might try that

posted 08 May 2004 05:53 AM EDT (US)     2 / 11  
do you mind if i add this to my Ra guide? You will of course get all the credit... and you forgot one thing :

Ra has UBER raiding becouse of the extra range, but chars will also be faster with Ra.. so that is also a raiding bonus. Then comes the fastest unit in game : Desert Wind Camel (Osiris). Under Ra. Ra has the best mythic raiding of all civs, no doubt.

FAC ID
posted 08 May 2004 08:24 AM EDT (US)     3 / 11  
I used to play a lot of Ra and i went Sekhmet 90% of the time. Those techs are awesome. Now that i use Set a lot Slings of the Sun is an incredible tech for me. Massed slings with a small animal+spearmen meatshield will kill anything. Bone Bow is great however the CA are very inaccurate at that range. Scarabs are pretty good but petsuchos are better. Citadel IMO is better than locust swarm but it doesnt even compare to ancestors. Basically if you are against a turtle go sekhmet because she gives you uber siege and an uber seige MU, allows you to raid without getting mauled by towers, and gives you 10 extra pop which against a turtle can do A LOT.
posted 08 May 2004 10:15 AM EDT (US)     4 / 11  
I always choose Sekhemut lately. Bonebow and burning pitch and those things are as good as siege. 5 will take out a tower in a matter of seconds. Two or three migdols producing those uber CAs and 6-8 rax ready to produce counters if necessary. I dont even make seige sometimes.

R.I.P Shiva
posted 08 May 2004 02:04 PM EDT (US)     5 / 11  
IamRa, I agree with EVERYTHING you say. I play Set and go Sekhmet 100% of the time. 10 Extra pop can get you 5 rax units/2 Elephants/2 Scarabs () extra. Her siege is phenomenal. Slings of the Sun is a must have in EVERY game I play, as Slings counter Infantry AND archers, so I only have to counter cavalry to own everything.

Sekhmet is more suited to Set, as he is the god of Archers and Offense. No eco bonus means Set needs POWER in military, and Sekhmet grants that

Proud member of the Orion Clan
Orion_Tok
Check out my Japanese Civilisation Design Here!
posted 08 May 2004 03:05 PM EDT (US)     6 / 11  
ra has CA speed + Health bonus. Sekhmet has bone bow which increases range. This has double raiding : extra speed + extra range. I think shes just as suited for ra as with set.

FAC ID
posted 08 May 2004 04:16 PM EDT (US)     7 / 11  
Yes i do think Sekhemut is the "Best" Herioc age god...i'd say Tieed with Nepthys...but Nepthys isn't reallty all that great

I have never had too mnay problems with Isis Ancestors+Eclipse Combo...the longer your opponent waits to use A+E the less effective it becomes

Besides using A+E against Ra is Insane...Ra has more reasons to build Preists then any other Eggy Civ because they can "Empower" that means Ra will have "More" Preists then Isis or Set..go ahead Cast A+E in my base i will have "Atleast" 4+ preists and a Pharoah...your Minions won't last that long

Ra is "Designed" to be Isis "Direct Counter" Ra can Fast Herioc "Faster" then Isis can...all of Ra's GP "Cancel out Isis bonus

Citadel Cancels out Isis +3 pop per TC at 3 TC...Citadel makes you even...Takes Away Isis pop Advantage

Ra Can "Over-power" Isis with "Superior Military...Rax or Migdol don't matter...Ra Barracks and Migdol units own Isis's Barracks and Migdol units wilt like a rose without water to Ra's "Superior" Military again Ra beats her her

Ra Econ is "Overall" better then Isis's

There is a reason why Isis players fear Ra players...cuz Ra players will have many preists taking away Isis A+E combo..and Ra's econ can keep up with Isis's..the only Advantage Isis has over Ra is A+E and 10 % cheaper techs

Ra has better Migdol units, Better Barracks units, Empowering Preists and Better Econ..if game goes to mid Herioc,Late Herioc or Mythic Ages...Isis is toast against a Ra player of Equal Skill...

posted 08 May 2004 06:45 PM EDT (US)     8 / 11  
The only reason to go nepyths is for ancestors ecplise, but a smart isis player will go hathor as the minions are only really effective vs attie and norse (who haven't got as good hero capabilities).
posted 09 May 2004 04:33 PM EDT (US)     9 / 11  
Hersir own minions! I'd use A+E Vs Greek (it's possible they don't have all their heroes) and Atty

Proud member of the Orion Clan
Orion_Tok
Check out my Japanese Civilisation Design Here!
posted 09 May 2004 06:09 PM EDT (US)     10 / 11  
I do accept Sekhmet is very good. Its only a matter of choice.

Sekhmet Myth unit becomes useless once u get those seige upgrade is the general idea but actually the scarab cannot be killed by villes and with her archers u can pretty much control heros. Jarls might still be a problem. Her god path is very good if u go for a CA camel combo. the additional 10 pop slot can be used for economy or 2 more seige.

Hathor too has some incredible bonus. Petsuchous is probably one of the best Myth unit. Unlike scarab its a ranged seige( Thought not even 50% as effective as the scarab.) 55 pierce damage over a range of 26, which never misses, out ranges even chariot archers. Combine this with roc it becomes as effective a raider as chariot archer. Sundried mudbrick is an awsome tech making buildings not only stronger but also really cheap. This helps u spam buildings.

With Hathor u can forward build like hell. Keep producing War elephant and 2-3 petsuchous to back them and a few camels, to take out seige and flank archers and heros, and keep forward building behind elephants u are un stopable. petsuchous have only the heros to fear so keep them in the forward build tower fire for safety add the SOO to it he is unstopable(Garison Soo when they go for it). Petsuchous can be very uisefull to fight Myth units too. With Roc u can transfer ur army to any position in the Base(Even if tis War elephants) in times of trouble and thats just one use of it.

This strat requires no wood as u purely depend and gold and food which can be obtained under the safety of town center and tower fire as compared to wood for which u have to keep moving and will probably work out in any map apart from the ones which has huge naval warfare.

So sekhmet is for those who are very offensive and if the match is going to have a quick end where as Hathor is for turtlers and defensive expanders which is what most eggies prefer to do.

posted 09 May 2004 09:31 PM EDT (US)     11 / 11  
Sekhemut is definatly underated. If you go to somewhere like nerve nx and look at the stats he is one of the most underused minor gods. The added pop. from citadel is alot more than it seems. Also his upgrades are huge if you can afford them. Sekhemut
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy Discussion » Sekhemut most under-rated Herioc god?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames