loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: A guide to Siege
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 23 May 2004 07:47 AM EDT (US)   
A guide to Siege-Weapons.
===Lord of TerroR===
[BMP, (239.12 KB)]

Hello and welcome to this guide in this guide I will test all the human siege-weapons.
The weapons I havel tested are:

Egyptian:
The Siege tower 300 HP.
50 crush damage.
89% crush armor.
5% hack damage.
95% pierce armor.

The Catapult115 HP.
50 crush, 10 pierce damage.
89% crush armor.
30% hack armor.
89% pierce armor.

Norse:
The Ballista85 HP.
4 crush, 9 pierce damage
89% crush armor.
20% hack armor.
80% pierce armor.

The Portable ram215 hp.
40 crush damage.
89% crush armor.
5% hack armor.
99% pierce armor.

Greek:
The Helepolis650 HP.
17 crush, 5 pierce damage.
50%crush armor.
5% hack armor.
95% pierce armor.

The Petrobelos 110 HP.
11 crush, 5 pierce damage.
89% crush armor.
5% hack armor.
89% pierce armor.

Atlantic:
The Chieroballista85 HP.
4 pierce damage.
75% crush armor.
5% hack armor.
95% pierce armor.

The Destroyer150 HP.
5 hack damage.
99% crush armor.
30% hack armor.
69% pierce armor.

The Fire siphon.350 HP
55 crush damage
60% crush armor
5% hack armor
95% pierce armor

===========================================================
(These tests are run twice on a house and once on a Greek fortress)

Stats for the Egyptian house:
450 HP, 5% crush armor 30% hack armor and 95% pierce armor.

=These are the result’s WITHOUT engineers.=
Siege tower: 8.67 sec
Catapult: 8.81 sec
Ballista: 32.02 sec
Portable ram: 10.69 sec
Helepolis: 7.91 sec
Petrobelos: 12.69 sec
Cheirobalista: 3.09 min
Destroyer: 24.72 sec
Fire siphon: 7.23 sec

=These are the results WITH engineers=
Siege tower: 4.81 sec
Catapult: 4.41 sec
Ballista: 24.56 sec
Portable ram: 7.21 sec
Helepolis: 5.14 sec
Petrobelos: 10.77 sec
Cheirobalista: 2.75 min
Destroyer: 20.57 sec
Fire siphon: 5.68 sec

As you can see engineers really helps to shorten the time that your siege need’s to kill the building.

Stats for the Greek Fortress:
2100 HP, 5% crush armor 30% hack armor and 95% pierce armor.

=These are the result’s WITHOUT engineers=
Siege tower: 50.36 sec with 147 Hp left
Catapult: 43.76 sec with full Hp
Ballista: 1.44 min with full HP
Portable ram: 54.24 sec with 207 HP left
Helepolis: 39.23 sec with 610 HP left
Petrobelos: 1.00 min with full HP
Cheirobalista: Dies in 6.22 sec with Fortress HP at 2068
Destroyer: 1.59 min with 147 Hp left
Fire siphon: 40.68 sec with 284 HP left

The Helopolis is the fastest in this test and that is surprising since I expected the siege tower to be the fastest; as expected the cheirobalista died.

===========================================================
Than you for reading this guide and I hope it helped you a bit with choosing you siege

[This message has been edited by Lord of terroR (edited 05-23-2004 @ 08:12 AM).]

Replies:
posted 23 May 2004 07:49 AM EDT (US)     1 / 33  
a very nice effort

but maybe you should separate each unit becouse it's hard to read, or give them each their own color.

FAC ID
posted 23 May 2004 08:06 AM EDT (US)     2 / 33  
how can i make an picture show in my post?
posted 23 May 2004 08:21 AM EDT (US)     3 / 33  
Hey haven't you heard? Guides are like so five minutes agos...

Atlantean topics, particullarily about Gaia, are in.

move on.... PLEASE

You guys and your "guides", you are nothing but noobz, posting obvious information that is avalible to all players, with way too much time on your hands. I mean really... THINK ABOUT IT. Everyone in the age comunity that plays the game, thus having it, has this info. There is no need to make a guide about every detail about AoM here. I could go to the editor and find info faster than waiting for someone to make a guide or sifting through the existing guides to find it. You are really giving no one valuble info bud.

Death comes on swift wings to all who oppose me.....

WND_Banishment
1780+
Clan Link: http://www.geocities.com/clanwnd/

posted 23 May 2004 08:40 AM EDT (US)     4 / 33  
hey leave the dude alone he was only tryna help people. Besides it's not like this info is soooo obvious, its nice ot have a reference to it somewhere.
posted 23 May 2004 11:38 AM EDT (US)     5 / 33  

Quote:

You guys and your "guides", you are nothing but noobz, posting obvious information that is avalible to all players, with way too much time on your hands. I mean really... THINK ABOUT IT. Everyone in the age comunity that plays the game, thus having it, has this info. There is no need to make a guide about every detail about AoM here. I could go to the editor and find info faster than waiting for someone to make a guide or sifting through the existing guides to find it. You are really giving no one valuble info bud.

What are the multiplier values of TA?

tell me...

Guides give insight to the game, they can help you choose a god (In this case maybe Kronos for his cheaper siege), or help you with micromange. If you think guides like these shoulnd't be made.. why should ES bother to make a standard manual for AoM?

FAC ID
posted 23 May 2004 01:05 PM EDT (US)     6 / 33  
Nice post. Yes, add images to your posts, way better. For an article on how to do this, go here:

http://www.dov.ca/public/viewtopic.php?t=63

posted 23 May 2004 01:15 PM EDT (US)     7 / 33  
I actually liked the guide. I didnt realize that the heliopolis was faster than the seige tower at killing buildings.
posted 23 May 2004 01:41 PM EDT (US)     8 / 33  
First all of, this guide doesnt mention that certain seige(petrobolos for example) throw multiple projecticles and that dmg stated is dmg per projectile. As such there is nothing strange with the results, just simple math.

Quote:

What are the multiplier values of TA?

Here you can find their multiplier. This is public info posted on aomh for years now.

ESO name : Relaxing

Eisai ellinas? Tote ela sto www.noobwars.gr.

[This message has been edited by NIB (edited 05-23-2004 @ 01:43 PM).]

posted 23 May 2004 01:57 PM EDT (US)     9 / 33  
^ it was a rhetorical question, i think

nice link though!

[This message has been edited by ipso (edited 05-23-2004 @ 01:57 PM).]

posted 23 May 2004 01:59 PM EDT (US)     10 / 33  

Quote:

I didnt realize that the heliopolis was faster than the seige tower at killing buildings.

A common misconception. Helepolis are a siege available in the Mythic age, therefore: they are more powerful than Eggy Siege Towers (which can be gotten in Heroic)

Eggy and Greek siege are basically flipped, Eggy cats own Greek ones, and Greek Hele's own Eggy ones.

Also note that the Helepolis makes a gigantic meatshield (650 HP!) Btw, hoplite vs Siege > Hyps vs siege.

.¸¸.· · .¸¸.·´ §hïvå | RágeOfHaemòn · .¸¸.· · .¸¸.·
« . ° ¤ Scenario Designer | Woad Creations ¤ º . »
posted 23 May 2004 02:04 PM EDT (US)     11 / 33  

Quote:

^ it was a rhetorical question, i think

yes IPSO

But I DO have a question, do projectiles sometimes miss their building (i am talking about siege units that fire multiple projectiles), becouse I have never seen any projectile miss

FAC ID
posted 23 May 2004 03:57 PM EDT (US)     12 / 33  
geez titty, stop spazing at the guide threads It's inevitable that guides will be created, for any game

|Ca_aok|HG Seraph wannabe|
|{ca_aok@hotmail.com}|
|{ESO2: [EEX] ca_aok}|
O-- Member of EEX, and former member of LKS --O
In the Darkness, there is Light, in the Old, there is New.
From the Void a New Star rises, Shining down for Me and You.
posted 23 May 2004 04:34 PM EDT (US)     13 / 33  
True Ca_aok... but really, if you are playing your race you have 1, mabey 2 siege weapons at your disposal. Everyone know seige kill buildings fast, and die to hack attacks... thats all folks.

Really the guide thing around here is out of control... I mean a guide to cheats?.... <_<

And who ever you are who wanted to know the stats of TA... go to the editor and LOOK IT UP! It will take less time then waiting for a guide to come out, or sifting through old guides....

Strat guides are good, like the Ra FH, but general info that anyone can get.... *shakes head*

Death comes on swift wings to all who oppose me.....

WND_Banishment
1780+
Clan Link: http://www.geocities.com/clanwnd/

posted 24 May 2004 07:58 AM EDT (US)     14 / 33  

Quote:

I could go to the editor and find info faster than waiting for someone to make a guide or sifting through the existing guides to find it.

good for you Ice Titan, but maybe some people like to read guides.. after all, maybe not everyone is as good as you ???

This site is highly informative for players of any skill level which will include newbies as well as undoubted uber-godlike-beings as you. Stop being so damned elitist.

Well done for a good guide, Lord of Terror, although I knew beforehand that ranged siege was probably the most cost-effective (note lack of damage to ranged siege units), I also didnt appreciate quite how dangerous helipoli are. Will devote more "attention" to them next time

mmmmm... beeeeeer....
posted 24 May 2004 09:44 AM EDT (US)     15 / 33  

Quote:

any skill level

Bullshit, ever wondered why no experts (except for ChronoJJ, and he isn't even a 'real' expert) visit here?

None, too much noobs and whining.

The Wait Is Over

DoJo Clan Site
posted 24 May 2004 10:41 AM EDT (US)     16 / 33  

Quote:

And who ever you are who wanted to know the stats of TA... go to the editor and LOOK IT UP!

That was a rhetorical question... why would I ask for TA stats in a siege guide?

Guides are good, they give insight in the game, and sometimes you need to choose between siege weapons, something like this can help you choose and may make the difference between a TC more, which can lead to a game win..

FAC ID
posted 24 May 2004 12:06 PM EDT (US)     17 / 33  
Well pardon me Yohan. No I haven't ever wondered why no "true experts" visit AomH, although judging by the variety of questions and answers posted I (and any other rationally-minded person) can deduce that players of a wide variety of skill levels visit this site, so my point still stands.

I was explaining to Ice Titan that he doesn't need to rubbish valid guides or opinions, as it smacks of elitism and arrogance. So the post was somehow beneath him ? So what - Lord of terroR did some good research and posted his findings, so that other players of possibly a lower skill level could benefit from them; as is (or should be) the nature of most posts in the Strategy section. As such his post was good enough and certainly better than a lot of the drivel some people post.

You are right there are a lot of noobish and whining posts, I guess that's why there are moderators, pruning the crap from the creative.

(dances in post expected to be full of whining flaming replies)

mmmmm... beeeeeer....
posted 24 May 2004 12:17 PM EDT (US)     18 / 33  
They sure as heck won't be flaming, the posts after this one.

.¸¸.· · .¸¸.·´ §hïvå | RágeOfHaemòn · .¸¸.· · .¸¸.·
« . ° ¤ Scenario Designer | Woad Creations ¤ º . »
posted 24 May 2004 12:36 PM EDT (US)     19 / 33  
Glad to hear it.

IMO siege are best used sneakily rather than in a full-frontal assault. What am I on about ? Well as Isis if I can get some elephants out soon after Heroic, I get them round the side of the enemy's main base (scouted, of course!)

Then, as my main attack goes in with ancestors & eclipse, the elephants sneak round the (hopefully undefended) side and start chewing up buildings. Maybe "sneak" is the wrong word to use in the context of elephants but you get the picture..

A similar thing can be done with any civ. Distract with one or two feints or full-scale attacks, divert attention, when (if) your oppo finally repulses your obvious attack he's got a lot less buildings than he might have had before. Hee hee.

mmmmm... beeeeeer....
posted 24 May 2004 03:55 PM EDT (US)     20 / 33  
Nah sige can be used in a full on assault. Just run slightly into your opponents base with your army and have the seige take out the buildings that youve bypassed while your army occupies the time of their army. I see vagabond lion do it all the time.

[This message has been edited by lessthanjakeman9 (edited 05-24-2004 @ 03:56 PM).]

posted 24 May 2004 09:00 PM EDT (US)     21 / 33  

Quote:

Bullshit, ever wondered why no experts (except for ChronoJJ, and he isn't even a 'real' expert) visit here?

None, too much noobs and whining.

Hollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly crap thats the funniest thing ive ever read. Whining? here? Cmon man, the only site with more whining and flaming than AOTS (where your experts are) is MFO. At least here, people try to help each other learn the game. Try the strategy section of AOTS, its almost empty. They are too busy stroking their egos. Id give Chrono points for taking time to straighten out some misconceptions here, answer posts etc.

Also, ive seen hope and GP post here, among others. Didnt hope have the 'Ask Hope' thread here months ago?

PS, is your rate above Chrono's? No? Ahh, i see.

[This message has been edited by Phoon (edited 05-24-2004 @ 09:02 PM).]

posted 24 May 2004 09:55 PM EDT (US)     22 / 33  
I remember a while ago when chrono was just one of the better players on the forum but by no means the best. No hes not a "real" expert since all of those real experts left. But he is an expert at the game now. I doubt he could consistently compete with fire, salska etc but hes currently one of the best we've got. You have to remember that even those people i just mentioned were once considered not "real" experts like people like iron. However they are now very respected and the same will happen with chrono. When chrono etc leaves and new people become the experts we will say they arent real experts like people like chrono and romio and all them.

Oh and yeah the ask hope thread was here. I searched for it and it really helped my Zeus game a lot.

[This message has been edited by lessthanjakeman9 (edited 05-24-2004 @ 09:56 PM).]

posted 24 May 2004 10:24 PM EDT (US)     23 / 33  
i agree with titan <_<
posted 25 May 2004 06:25 AM EDT (US)     24 / 33  
So if a post doesnt apply to you, you'd flame the author would you ?

mmmmm... beeeeeer....
posted 25 May 2004 09:25 AM EDT (US)     25 / 33  

Quote:

Hollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly crap thats the funniest thing ive ever read. Whining? here? Cmon man, the only site with more whining and flaming than AOTS (where your experts are) is MFO. At least here, people try to help each other learn the game. Try the strategy section of AOTS, its almost empty. They are too busy stroking their egos. Id give Chrono points for taking time to straighten out some misconceptions here, answer posts etc.

Also, ive seen hope and GP post here, among others. Didnt hope have the 'Ask Hope' thread here months ago?

There are no experts here. Only ChronoJJ, and GP sometimes posts here. Hope hasn't posted anything informative here for ages.

The most whining is here, believe me, and if you don't, take a look at both places... Sad thing is that here noobs whine and there better players whine. Who to believe? Choise is simple.

Not to make a generalisation, but this place is for noobs (they can learn more over here then there), while AoTS is for both.

So? They Ego post? Your point? Shiiiiiiit. They're the better players (no experts in aot atm) so they at least have the right to be proud

Can you give me the "others" plz?

Where did I say anything about my rating? Nowhere so don't put words in my mouth dipshit.

The Wait Is Over

DoJo Clan Site
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy Discussion » A guide to Siege
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames