You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Discussion

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Best classical eggy units vs different civs
posted 23 May 2004 10:38 PM EDT (US)   
Ok it seems to me that you can pretty much spam mostly one single eggy unit in classical vs the three different civs and win quite well.

Greek: Spearmen
Hippikon: The spearmen is their counter and does great vs them
Hoplite: Doest pop effectively beat them i dont think but with 40% hack armor it does very well vs them and if you have a couple of axemen thrown in you will win well.
Toxote: The spearmen have 20% pierce armor and good speed with which to get to them. If you get ptahs pierce armor upgrade and the regular upgrade spearmen equal cavalry in archer killing ability. With a few slings youll beat them very handily

Norse: Axemen
TA: Only massed ta will beat axemen and even then they dont do it too well. Simply use half of your axemen to fight their meatshield and half of them to run past the meatshield and kill the ta.
RC: With 40% hack armor they will do very well vs rc. Unless they make 100% rc you will win a battle vs them. Also they are made so slowly that you will always outnumber them which allows you to possibly beat 100% rc. With ptahs axemen tech they will also beat rc.
Ulfs: They just get raped
Hersirs: They get raped too.

Eggy: Slingers
Spearmen: They have decent pierce armor but still with any meatshield the spearmen will die well. Also massed slings will beat spears easily as well as slings of sun slings.
Axemen: Low pierce armor and slings have a multiplier vs them so they win.
Slings: Slings vs slings isnt really a contest

[This message has been edited by lessthanjakeman9 (edited 05-24-2004 @ 03:25 PM).]

Replies:
posted 23 May 2004 11:50 PM EDT (US)     1 / 7  
wow useful, i play isis alot so this will help alot thanks.
you write really good guides you know

Death is easy, comedy is hard
posted 26 May 2004 09:09 PM EDT (US)     2 / 7  
late game spears own everything
posted 26 May 2004 10:09 PM EDT (US)     3 / 7  
as set or ra late game spears probably do, but as isis?
I wish they would but I think they dont.
posted 27 May 2004 06:11 AM EDT (US)     4 / 7  
I'll add it.

Theris264
former Age of Mythology Heaven and Age of Empires III Heaven forumer||former member of Ambition Designs
"An eye for an eye, and the whole world goes blind" -Gandhi
posted 27 May 2004 06:42 AM EDT (US)     5 / 7  

Quote:

Greek: Spearmen
Hippikon: The spearmen is their counter and does great vs them
Hoplite: Doest pop effectively beat them i dont think but with 40% hack armor it does very well vs them and if you have a couple of axemen thrown in you will win well.
Toxote: The spearmen have 20% pierce armor and good speed with which to get to them. If you get ptahs pierce armor upgrade and the regular upgrade spearmen equal cavalry in archer killing ability. With a few slings youll beat them very handily

Spearmen cost food. Toxotes cost wood. See why your enemy can easily outspam you?

Quote:

Norse: Axemen
TA: Only massed ta will beat axemen and even then they dont do it too well. Simply use half of your axemen to fight their meatshield and half of them to run past the meatshield and kill the ta.
RC: With 40% hack armor they will do very well vs rc. Unless they make 100% rc you will win a battle vs them. Also they are made so slowly that you will always outnumber them which allows you to possibly beat 100% rc. With ptahs axemen tech they will also beat rc.
Ulfs: They just get raped
Hersirs: They get raped too.

Norse will almost always go massed rcs vs egyptians. Rcs beat all egyptian classical units pop effectively and they are faster than all egyptian classical units. Against axemen cost food, rcs cost gold, norse have a civilian unit that doesnt cost food. If you go massed axemen, he will go massed rcs, raid the crap out of you(cause axemen are slower than rcs and they cant beat them easily either) and then he will easily win.

Quote:

Eggy: Slingers
Spearmen: They have decent pierce armor but still with any meatshield the spearmen will die well. Also massed slings will beat spears easily as well as slings of sun slings.
Axemen: Low pierce armor and slings have a multiplier vs them so they win.
Slings: Slings vs slings isnt really a contest

Just fh, spam some chariots, go raiding. And then spam some eles/merc cav/seige towers and say gg.

ESO name : Relaxing

Eisai ellinas? Tote ela sto www.noobwars.gr.

[This message has been edited by NIB (edited 05-27-2004 @ 06:43 AM).]

posted 27 May 2004 11:40 AM EDT (US)     6 / 7  
lessthanjakeman9, as usual, I like the post.

Not particularly.

I don't claim to be a great player, but if I'm playing Eggy, my eco is more focused on gold and food, not all 3 resources. Need wood to make those houses for the spam too, right?

Aside from that, Toxotes take approximately 98 villager seconds to gather resources, and 15 seconds to create. (based on rate tables, allowing a 1 second drop off time, and no upgrades)

Spears on the other hand take approximately 97 villager seconds to gather resources, and 9 seconds to create. (based on rate tables, allowing a 1 second drop off time, no upgrades, and empowerment on Food (could be even less with Ra))

I'm not saying the Spears will dominate the Tox, but you should be able to outproduce them.

Not so sure this would be true for Loki, but it's highly unlikely you'd do much against 100% RC without Crenelated tower support with 100% Axemen.

lessthanjakeman9, any thought on Attie?

posted 27 May 2004 01:38 PM EDT (US)     7 / 7  

Quote:

Aside from that, Toxotes take approximately 98 villager seconds to gather resources, and 15 seconds to create. (based on rate tables, allowing a 1 second drop off time, and no upgrades)

Spears on the other hand take approximately 97 villager seconds to gather resources, and 9 seconds to create. (based on rate tables, allowing a 1 second drop off time, no upgrades, and empowerment on Food (could be even less with Ra))

I'm not saying the Spears will dominate the Tox, but you should be able to outproduce them.

You dont have unlimited food. Even on food rich maps, you will need to invest other resources(wood/gold) in order to get food(farms). As such, you cant just spam spearmen.

ESO name : Relaxing

Eisai ellinas? Tote ela sto www.noobwars.gr.

Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy Discussion » Best classical eggy units vs different civs
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames