You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Discussion

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Little Known Facts
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 21  Next Page »
posted 02 September 2004 01:54 AM EDT (US)   
Hi there! This is a thread to learn things about the game that arent very well known. For instance:

Trolls re-gain hp with every rock that hits the opponent. The more damage the more regen. (This works on buildings but to a lesser effect)

4 Trolls if they are spread out and lucky can take down Nidhogg!

8 Automatons can destroy a town center! (One or two rebuild the others while they destroy the town center - this takes alot of micro and time but is possible.)

This one is really obvious if you think about it, but... Fishing Ships can be garrisoned in Docks and now the 95 pierce armor 1600 hp building will fire arrows just as powerful as TC arrows.

Also, please post your own obscure and amazing and new discoveries here too!

Replies:
posted 02 September 2004 10:25 AM EDT (US)     1 / 516  
Not much of a discovery but 4 Guardian Anubites are better heroes than priests. Jump attack means easy micro and they surround the MU, stopping it's advancement

Proud member of the Orion Clan
Orion_Tok
Check out my Japanese Civilisation Design Here!
posted 02 September 2004 11:31 AM EDT (US)     2 / 516  
Zeus hoplites can never deal more damage against other units as Hades or Poseidon hoplites. Because zeus cannot worship Ares. Ares offers Phobos' sperar of panic improvement increasing their attack against other units by 10% (i think its 10%).
Of course Zeus's hoplites are better all round for their other improvement options.
Is that right? (sorry if i got that wrong - i dont like giving wrong information).
posted 02 September 2004 11:38 AM EDT (US)     3 / 516  
you cant rebuild automatons if your in your enemies los...i think.
posted 02 September 2004 12:06 PM EDT (US)     4 / 516  
Cool! Didnt ever think about the Guardian Anubite being better than priests - but your right! Hmm... no rebuilding autos in enemy LOS? I destroyed a town center and my guys were in the LOS the whole time. Keep posting guys!
posted 02 September 2004 12:48 PM EDT (US)     5 / 516  
Not sure how well known this fact is but I'll post anyway. The first meteor in the meteor god power gets a direct hit on what ever you clicked on.

An assimilating strat is the best strat
posted 02 September 2004 12:52 PM EDT (US)     6 / 516  
Mountain Giants boot-kick dwarves
posted 02 September 2004 01:25 PM EDT (US)     7 / 516  

Quote:

Not sure how well known this fact is but I'll post anyway. The first meteor in the meteor god power gets a direct hit on what ever you clicked on.

Yep! So always click on that Titan Gate/Wonder/Fortress etc. that you want to knock down...

posted 02 September 2004 01:25 PM EDT (US)     8 / 516  
you can message while your playing during a game by typeing the slash key. then you type their screen name. then you type the message you want to send them. so if i wanted to send a message to silverosirisAOM then it would look like this..... /silverosirisAOM hey this is farmerbrown your on like every thread!!!
so you can see that it has to be a slash first then the screen name then the space and message and it wil automatically send a message to that person. i thought i should say that because that was not well known. it is alittle hidden secret eso put in .

A HURRICANE IS GOING TO HIT HERE TOMMORROW CATAGOY 4!! 29

( (_________) )
\_______________/
posted 02 September 2004 01:45 PM EDT (US)     9 / 516  
The voice for Hades god power, Sentinels, use the same voice as a cyclops.
posted 02 September 2004 01:52 PM EDT (US)     10 / 516  
on team games partners automans can repair team mates automans
posted 02 September 2004 02:33 PM EDT (US)     11 / 516  
all this stuff is basically already known. Also, about the guardian anubites...they are a lot more expensive so....nepthys priests still are much better.
posted 02 September 2004 02:36 PM EDT (US)     12 / 516  
If you don't want to go Nepthyses or you have to fight High Pierce MUs (Collosus or Behemoths) then they own! 100 Food and 15 Favor isn't much, especially as GOLD is more valuable (and priests cost gold).

Orion_Tok
posted 02 September 2004 03:36 PM EDT (US)     13 / 516  
But also remember that anubites take more pop, and are beaten by most other myth units. If anything, sphinxes is better. And wadjets.
posted 02 September 2004 04:20 PM EDT (US)     14 / 516  
When a mountain giant smacks a building, it makes a crunchy sound. When a mountain giant smacks a unit, it makes a squishy sound. When a mountain giant smacks a dryad, it makes the crunchy sound again.

Minotaurs used to use their special against villigers at one point in vanilla. Now they can't, and I am pissed.

Ulfsarks attack faster than one attack a second, but still do an average of 9 hack damage per second as shown on in game UI.

Petasuchos has 100% accuracy, fire about every 3 seconds, and in game UI shows the damage done every attack, not an average of damage per second.

20 ulfsarks against one TC have only 4 or 5 ulfsarks lost. 14 ulfsarks against a TC have almost all ulfsarks lost while they still win.

Building arrow fire with multiple arrows works strangly. Such as, a tc fires 2 arrows. Each arrow does the set amount of damage to the targeted unit when it hits. When a unit is close by, they take a small amount of "splash" damage, even though an arrow never strikes them. More studying is needed for me to give more accurate reports. May mean spread formation is more useful than previously thought.

Nick: Eten.
Gods: All of them!
Vanilla.
posted 02 September 2004 04:34 PM EDT (US)     15 / 516  

Quote:

The voice for Hades god power, Sentinels, use the same voice as a cyclops.

That sound is so cool and the reason I chose Hades over Zeus when I played Greek ages ago

posted 02 September 2004 04:49 PM EDT (US)     16 / 516  
no one goes anubis either :/. Its either bast or ptah.
posted 02 September 2004 05:07 PM EDT (US)     17 / 516  
I've noticed theres a Carwash_II and a Carwash_III. Is it the same person? Thats a little known fact I want to know!
posted 02 September 2004 07:48 PM EDT (US)     18 / 516  
Etendorf re: attack speed vs average damage.
Their seems to be a real and effective issue here.

[Q]Ulfsarks attack faster than one attack a second, but still do an average of 9 hack damage per second as shown on in game UI.[/QE]

You notice how the ulfsark does attack faster then say the RC or the hoplite. Of course - there is no arguing with damage per second. BUT in certain situtaions - like massing up and ganging a certain creature - that creature will fall faster to the ulfsark they say the RC while both having equal hack attack. Besides the fact that the attack surface area is smaller---therefor more hackers can hack, but the issue over how many hacks over a second seems to come into play.

[Q]20 ulfsarks against one TC have only 4 or 5 ulfsarks lost. 14 ulfsarks against a TC have almost all ulfsarks lost while they still win.[/QE]

That TC fact you posted is interesting, it shows how important outnumbering(or being a Thor ulfsark spaz) is and it also exposes the hacks per second thing that seems to compliment ulfsarks. I would be curious if anyone knew the exact numbers - likeyou know dude, when you say for example that you confirmed that ulfs attack faster then said damage averaged over a second.dude...

posted 02 September 2004 11:55 PM EDT (US)     19 / 516  
hah, your qoutes didn't work...

How do you make quotes so they say:

Qouted from ____:

-ENTER TEXT HERE-

I just know how to do this

Quote:

HAHAHAHA

posted 03 September 2004 00:04 AM EDT (US)     20 / 516  
yeah im the same person hahaha.
posted 03 September 2004 00:18 AM EDT (US)     21 / 516  

Quote:

no one goes anubis either :/. Its either bast or ptah

True true. Don't Anubites cost 2 population? That's the same as a priest, and 4 anubites are better than 4 priests.

Orion_Tok
posted 03 September 2004 00:23 AM EDT (US)     22 / 516  
i think anubites are 3 pop but then again i wouldnt know as i never go anubis.
posted 03 September 2004 00:50 AM EDT (US)     23 / 516  
Medusa does a small amount of crush damage, as do lampades.

In an even battle between an Eggy titan and another titan, the eggy almost always wins. Its is true, ive tested it over and over, its very strange. I think it has like an extra .03 range or something so it attacks first.

I told you I'd be back.
posted 03 September 2004 01:29 AM EDT (US)     24 / 516  
Were you controlling the eggy titan? Also, its a possibility that it does have longer range with long wings and therefore, also long talons. That could actually make an eggy titan OP! I never thought of one titan being more powerful or having different strengths than the other ones.
posted 03 September 2004 04:38 AM EDT (US)     25 / 516  
Its a Well know fact that the Norse Titan is the Most Powerfull due to its Faster Attack Animation.

Not the Eggy Titan.

PS2MAN
The Mythod Clan Burns To Ashes
Long Live The Phoenix!!!!
Phoenix_PS2MAN an Norse Wars Expert

Currently Recuriting Experienced NW UK Players.
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 21  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy Discussion » Little Known Facts
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames