You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Discussion

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Ra God BackGrounds And Ra BO (ouldn't Get Pics)
posted 13 March 2005 05:16 PM EDT (US)   
Egyptian God: Ra

Bonuses: Pharaoh empowering yields 25% more resources instead of 20% Priests can empower buildings, but at a reduced rate (10% instead of 20%) Camels, Chariot Archers have 10% more HP and move 10% faster Monuments cost 25% less and have 20% more hit points

God Power: Rain. Farms and fishing boats work 300% faster, allies and enemy's farms/fishing boats work 200% faster

Technology: Skin of the Rhino. Villagers have 30% more hack/pierce armor, 10% more attack.

Focus: Camelry

God Options:
Ptah Bast
Sekhmet Hathor
Osiris Horus

Classical Gods:

First: Ptah
Ptah
Though Ptah does not feature greatly in Egyptian mythology, he is generally credited as being the creator god. It was his wisdom that formed the other gods, and indeed the world. Ptah was worshipped for his divine wisdom and understanding of life.
Technologies:
Scalloped Axe Axemen +10% attack Leather Frame Shield Spearmen -10% pierce vulnerability Electrum Bullets Slingers +10% attack Shaduf Farms cost 33% less, are built twice as fast

Myth unit: Wadjet
Essentially a tough archer unit, the Wadjet is good against infantry and poor against fast tough units like cavalry. Wadjets regenerate HP.
God power: Shifting Sands
Shifting Sands transports any units - belonging to you or an enemy - to any point on the map you have line of sight to. It will transport all friendly units, or a limited number of enemies - but not both.

General:
I prefer using Ptah when you are against a rusher or if you just want to build defence.

Second: Bast

Bast
Bast was one of the avenger gods - those designated by Ra to seek out and destroy the enemies of Egypt. She was associated with the fierce desert cats and lions of Egypt, and was said to possess their ruthlessness and ferocity.
Technologies: Sacred Cats Villagers farm 10% faster Adze of Wepwawet Villagers knock down trees in one hit, gather wood 10% faster Criosphinx Sphinx +50 HP, +20% hack/+50% crush damage Hieracosphinx Sphinx +20% move rate, +20% hack/+50% crush damage

Myth unit: Sphinx
The Sphinx is good against buildings. Its special attack is a whirlwind of sand that damages nearby units.
God power: Eclipse
Increases Myth unit attack by 50% and speed by 20% for one minute's time. Eclipse prevents other GP's from being used while it is in effect.

General: Bast is your best choice to win in a rated game due to her villager bonuses.

Heroic Age Gods:

First: Sekhmet

Sekhmet
Sekhmet was the god of vengeance and war. As goddess of war, she would accompany the Pharaoh into battle, and guide Egyptians arrows to their marks. Some tales say Sekhmet was the malevolent side of Hathor.
Technologies:
Bone Bow Chariot Archer +4 range Slings of the Sun Slingers do an additional 30% damage to Infantry and Throwing Axemen Ram of the West Wind Siege Tower +20% HP and attack Stones of Red Linen Catapult, War Barge +20% attack

Myth unit: Scarab
A mythical siege unit with a melee attack, the Scarab is not very good against anything but buildings. When killed, the Scarab damages nearby units with its acidic blood.
God power: Citadel
Transforms a friendly town center into a mighty citadel, with more HP, attack and range. Citadels also supports +10 population.

General: Facing anybody with Sekhmet would be great cause of the +10 population, AND facing Isis would also give u some bonus on this except she will get a bit more.

Second: Hathor

Hathor
Hathor was goddess of the sky, and whose domain stretched as far as the limits of Egypt and lands beyond went. She was protector of the queen of Egypt. Many stories say Hathor was the benevolent side of Sekhmet, the destructive goddess of war and pestilence.
Technologies:
Medjay Mercenaries live 30 seconds longer (Ordinary mercenaries live only 45 seconds) Sun Dried Mud Brick Buildings have 10% more HP, cost 15% less Crocodopolis Petsuchos has +4 range

Myth unit: Petsuchos
A very long ranged unit with a large attack, but slow attack rate. Unlike regular ranged units, the Petsuchos fires with 100% accuracy. Good against melee units and buildings.
Myth unit: Roc
Cannot attack, but can carry up to 15 units via air between any points on the map.
God power: Locust Swarm
Destroys enemy farms or fishing boats, transferring food to your stockpile in the process. Can also be used on fishing boats to similar effect. The locust swarm damages units trapped inside.

General: Hathor is a great economic destroyer, going with Hathor only works if you’re not facing Isis or you feel confident you can take her down with Hathor.

Mythical Age Gods:

First: Osiris

Osiris
Osiris was the tormented husband of Isis, who was killed by the vengeful Set. Set cut his body into many pieces, and when Isis bound them back together through mummifcation, Osiris returned to life to become god of the underworld.
Technologies:
Desert Wind Camelry +20% speed, attack and HP New Kingdom Gives you two pharoahs instead of one Funeral Barge Kebenits do damage x2 vs arrow ships Atef Crown Mummy +20% HP, +40% attack. Minions live twice as long

Myth unit: Mummy
While not very tough, the Mummy's special attack instantly kills any human enemy unit and turns it into a friendly minion, however minions die after one minute.
God power: Son of Osiris
Gives the Pharaoh more HP and armor, and a devastating chain lightning attack that will hit up to four enemies. The normal Pharaoh regenerates when Son of Osiris is killed.

General: You want a strong economy? Well? Pick Osiris! An upgrade which gives you 2 pharaohs! And Ra makes them have +25% empowering as well! Also helps you with the camels, A LOT.

Second:Horus

Horus
Often called the Avenger, tales of Horus concern his to avenge the murder of his father Osiris by his evil uncle Set. The sun and the moon were his eyes, and he could bespy his enemy throughout the land, however on times when the sun or moon were hidden, he was unable to see and would blindly attack other gods.
Technologies:
Axe of Vengeance Axemen have damage x3 vs Buildings Greatest of Fifty Spearmen -10% hack vulnerability, damage multiplier vs cavalry increased by 1 (damage x2.1) Spears on the Horizon Spearmen +10% attack, +30% HP

Myth unit: Avenger
The Avenger is a very tough melee unit, good against other melee units. Its special attack is a whirlwhind of spinning blades which hit every adjacent enemy.
God power: Tornado
Creates a wandering tornado that deals massive amounts of damage to enemy buildings and units.

General: If you think your enemy is building his buildings close ,or he’s going Fast titan, well then use your head ! TORNADO! He also helps your infantry.

There we got into some gods now I think you are ready to get your groove up and beat some people.. Well lets see , according to people Isis would be the best Egyptian god there is due to her cheap upgrades and the Fast Heroic Strategy. Well not really, it depends on player skill. Like Skipper, He’s awesome with Set, Not Isis. Have to admit, He IS top 3 players in the game but maybe you can beat him if you’re smart enough or you can out micromanage him or outplay him.

First Strategy : Ra Fast Heroic

I bet most people use this strategy. And yes it works very good against players who turtle around and not rush. But this will also take you around 15-18 minutes to fully get it going.

First off you have to start with a lot of food and gold because you have to advance to heroic ASAP.

First off:
Send your 2 labourers to animal/herd (if it’s a poor map) And make your priest empower.
Click on your settlement and make 1 labourer and then the auto-queqe button.
If you do not know what the auto-queqe button is, then it is the green button at the right lower bar where you can see your labourers/units built. So then make your pharaoh scout.
When you have 6 on food move to gold. First one builds a mining camp then goes gold, next one just goes to gold. Then next labourer makes a house then moves to gold. After then, next one makes a monument then gold again. Next labourer chops straggles wood or just wood from closest forest( good idea to upgrade husbandry now)
Another one moves to food, and then the next to gold. Next builds temple then gold.
And then add 5 to food and research pickaxe.
Advance through Bast: During transition take 10 from food and make farms. And priest empowers TC for the farmers.

Once in classical research Sacred Cats and Plow ASAP

Next labourer goes to wood. Then when you get 4 more to gold use rain (when upgrades are done as well)
good idea to advance to Sekhmet when you get 800F/500G

During transition train a priest for gold.

2 Options:

Option # 1
Take some labourers and make midgols (preferable amount 3-10)

Option # 2
Make 3 labourers and a priest to make them.

Next off are 3 labourers to wood and midgol priest (optional/build one) empowers wood.

Start spamming camels and chariot archers then attack them hard.

Build Order #1
Labourer Builds granary and priest empowers
Pharaoh Scout
Labourer food (second free labourer)
Labourer food
Labourer food
Labourer food
Labourer food
Labourer builds mining camp then gold
Labourer gold
Labourer builds house then gold
Labourer builds monument then gold
Labourer chops wood/upgrade husbandry
Labourer food
Labourer gold
Labourer builds temple then gold
Labourer food
Labourer food
Labourer food
Labourer food
Labourer food/research pickaxe
Worship : Bast
During transition make 10 farms around TC

Classical:
Research Sacred cats and Plow asap
Labourer wood
Labourer gold
Labourer gold
Labourer gold
Labourer gold/use rain(when upgrades are done)
Worship Sekhmet

2 Option (choose one)

Labourer wood
Labourer wood
Labourer wood
Priest to gold

Spam camels and CA’s

Second Strategy: Standard Start-up to Heroic

Well this is actually easier to understand if I do it in a build order form not letter form so here:

labourers build granary (2)/priest empower
pharaoh scout for relics
Labourer food
Labourer food
Labourer food
Labourer food
Labourer food
Labourer food
Labourer food
Take 1 from food build 2 houses
Labourer builds mining camp then gold
Labourer gold
Labourer gold
Labourer gold
Labourer gold
Labourer gold
2 from food build temple with house builder
House builder builds monument
Temple builders make 2 farms
Upgrade pickaxe
Worship Bast
Classical:
Labourer lumber camp then wood/upgrade mining shaft/Sacred cats and plow
Labourer wood
Labourer wood
Labourer wood
Labourer wood
Labourer gold
Labourer gold
5 from food make 5 farms
Monument builder builds 4 barracks then builds 8 houses
Priest to empower gold
Labourer farm
Labourer farm
(you can start making your soldiers)
Use Rain

To beat titan main strategy is people use alot of priests and waste gold. Well if you bring some siege weapons some scarabs ,and chariot archers it would be a much more effective defence against a titan. Don't forget some millitary units like spearmen and axemen because they might bring a mighty force with them.If you're not comfortable with using myth units and confident on beating them with priests. Well good luck =p

(Feel free to add some twists)

Silentshot

[This message has been edited by silentshot (edited 03-16-2005 @ 09:56 PM).]

Replies:
posted 13 March 2005 05:19 PM EDT (US)     1 / 12  
sorry for no pictures couldn't get any =(
If i couldn't only post the original version i made it wud be better...

[This message has been edited by silentshot (edited 03-13-2005 @ 05:42 PM).]

posted 13 March 2005 08:52 PM EDT (US)     2 / 12  
hehehe...you obviously don't know what you are taking about when you say skipper is good with set and not Isis :P
posted 13 March 2005 09:26 PM EDT (US)     3 / 12  

Nice post. Ra is a proof that there's intelligence on the reigns of egypt...
I would only correct the fact that a 15:00 isn't a Fast heroic. Perhaps a Fast Mythyc.

"Let me hear the batlle cry, Calling on the wind
Let me see the banners fly, Before the storm begins
Let me feel the spirits soar, Destroy the enemy
Striking at the evil core, For all the world to see"
Judas Priest - One Shot at Glory
posted 13 March 2005 10:54 PM EDT (US)     4 / 12  
A fast heroic shouldn't take you 15 mins to get going. You should be on top of the enemy by 10 mins~. A good strat is to use a Bast - Sehkmet god path, and make 3~ scarabs when your in heroic, then rush with them, cas, and eclipse to destroy an important enemy stronghold (like a tc, midgol, etc). Also, citadel is +10 pop, not +5.

Everyone got AIDS and shit
posted 13 March 2005 11:19 PM EDT (US)     5 / 12  
Can you post the BO first next time please? I'm kinda a noob with him and had to search for the BO in the post. Or maybe bold the BO? TY

Outplay skipper? LOL

[This message has been edited by sychronizer123 (edited 03-13-2005 @ 11:20 PM).]

posted 14 March 2005 00:44 AM EDT (US)     6 / 12  
Well he had some loses right? I mean he's not invincible!
Oh yeah i'll correct the 15 mins thing its i think 9-11 mins thanks.(i'm not good at encoding stuff)And i really just wanted to do economic BO not really with military units becuz its up to you not me =)
btw is this guide good or bad ?rate 1/10 thx in advance

[This message has been edited by silentshot (edited 03-14-2005 @ 00:51 AM).]

posted 14 March 2005 02:06 PM EDT (US)     7 / 12  
10 = best???

If so then prolly about 7/8.

Mostly gud info but i dont play eggy. That reinforced my basic knowledge of Ra thx dude

1700++
posted 14 March 2005 03:48 PM EDT (US)     8 / 12  
i meant 1-10 sorry its a typo XD
And this is strategy is usually just for the BO i posted to get your economy ready in heroic =)
posted 14 March 2005 04:11 PM EDT (US)     9 / 12  
Rain doesn't affect fishing ships, sad but true. It was origionally going to but either it got patched out or it never got into the game.
posted 14 March 2005 04:26 PM EDT (US)     10 / 12  
People saw the UP'edness (yes, UP, not OP, that's not a typo) of Rain affecting fish, so they left it out.

A good FH is below 9 minutes. Heck, you should've AQ'ed an Elephant/CA/Camel already at the 9 minute mark.

(Elephant depends on map, Camel and CA are always possible)

posted 15 March 2005 01:54 AM EDT (US)     11 / 12  
My Ra fh is usually gets to 8:45 average i think then i start spamming them out.
I just got into the basics.
posted 16 March 2005 07:08 AM EDT (US)     12 / 12  
added.

Theris264
former Age of Mythology Heaven and Age of Empires III Heaven forumer||former member of Ambition Designs
"An eye for an eye, and the whole world goes blind" -Gandhi
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy Discussion » Ra God BackGrounds And Ra BO (ouldn't Get Pics)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames