Please login or register

Technical Help
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Issue with the ATI 9800 Pro
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
posted 19 November 2003 08:22 AM EDT (US)   
EDIT Problem solved
Close this, better to delete this.

[This message has been edited by Eye of Iperion (edited 03-10-2004 @ 12:23 PM).]

Replies:
posted 19 November 2003 09:56 AM EDT (US)     1 / 69  
I've only got two uber-obvious suggestions:

Check you've got the latest drivers.

Switch your graphics detail level. (High/Low)

I shouldn't think that a card that recent would be unable to display the graphic effects in game, so I'd assume there's something you can do to improve things...as for what, I have no idea.

TheShædøwDåwn
If you're like me, then it's possible you're a clone generated from my stolen DNA. I suggest you turn yourself in for destruction immediately.

[This message has been edited by TheShadowDawn (edited 11-19-2003 @ 09:56 AM).]

posted 19 November 2003 10:43 AM EDT (US)     2 / 69  
I have all latest drivers.
Best graphic set.
Still encountering the issue.
posted 19 November 2003 11:28 AM EDT (US)     3 / 69  
check your Open GL and Direct 3D in your video propertise

play around with them, you will find the match.

remember all Age of games are based on the Nvidia, so if your into ES then thats the route you want.

posted 19 November 2003 11:50 AM EDT (US)     4 / 69  
It doesn't work!

[This message has been edited by Eye of Iperion (edited 03-10-2004 @ 01:07 PM).]

posted 19 November 2003 11:56 AM EDT (US)     5 / 69  
its somewhere to start......and hey you might learn something. I'm on Nvidia so i am not familiar with the propertise of your vid.

do u see texture arisotropic settings?

posted 19 November 2003 12:06 PM EDT (US)     6 / 69  
Anisotropic filtering? It's OK I think

[This message has been edited by Eye of Iperion (edited 03-15-2004 @ 08:35 AM).]

posted 19 November 2003 12:14 PM EDT (US)     7 / 69  
are you running Dirext X9

start/run/ type : dxdiag .......to check

if you installed this vid over another one then that would explain "glitches" and "inferor visual"

and you don't wanna hear the remedy for that so jsut say it was installed with your comp when you got it. kidding

if it was installed over, that is why........."more then likely"

if ^ is not the case then all i can say is check all your updates for your comp (can't be to many)

and play around with settings.

I'm out for lumch.........back in 20 (12:30 est)

posted 19 November 2003 12:25 PM EDT (US)     8 / 69  
It doesn't work

[This message has been edited by Eye of Iperion (edited 03-15-2004 @ 08:43 AM).]

posted 19 November 2003 12:30 PM EDT (US)     9 / 69  
2 options for clearing this problem

1 re install windows

2 clean the regestry (manually; regedit and deleting older vid card stuff........and yes there is some.

cleanreg won't do it, most reg cleaning tools won't

posted 19 November 2003 12:40 PM EDT (US)     10 / 69  
It still doesn't work!

[This message has been edited by Eye of Iperion (edited 03-15-2004 @ 03:50 PM).]

posted 19 November 2003 12:51 PM EDT (US)     11 / 69  
try drivers from different sources.

R.I.P Shiva
posted 19 November 2003 12:58 PM EDT (US)     12 / 69  
No it doesn't work, no driver issue.

[This message has been edited by Eye of Iperion (edited 03-15-2004 @ 03:59 PM).]

posted 19 November 2003 01:03 PM EDT (US)     13 / 69  
posted 19 November 2003 01:09 PM EDT (US)     14 / 69  
No, they can't solve my problem. And i can't find the way to post there!
posted 19 November 2003 01:14 PM EDT (US)     15 / 69  
u need to have Adobe

and second you have to regester .....its on the left

theres 3 diff kinds of languages to choose from aswell.

posted 19 November 2003 01:21 PM EDT (US)     16 / 69  
Doesn't work

[This message has been edited by Eye of Iperion (edited 03-15-2004 @ 03:59 PM).]

posted 19 November 2003 03:28 PM EDT (US)     17 / 69  
Any other suggestions?
posted 20 November 2003 06:01 AM EDT (US)     18 / 69  
I just want to add, that you shouldnt use the latest catalysts. Best catalysts so far IMO are 3.7. You could try other cats but they cause more problems than they solve most of the time.

But since you have tried everything, have you tried reinstalling the game? Have you tried many other games? Maybe it is a card specific problem. Posting a picture could help us a little more.

Also regarding the nvidia supporters that flamed me on previous thread let me just say that i have Geforce FX 5900 ultra. But i have searched around and read more info than you can imagine about graphic cards and everything points that FX cards will be slower than ati cards when it comes to dx9 games and especially on games that use extensively PS 2.0 shaders. And even if a game has uber mixed path(like doom 3 for example), when you try to use the same engine to make a different game, you will need to recode mixed path again and not every1 is God(aka Carmack) so you will end up with lower IQ or perfomance or both. Same applies for any hl2 optimisations. And no its not about opinions, its about facts. Go to www.beyond3d.comand do some reading. You will find many interesting things.

ESO name : Relaxing

Eisai ellinas? Tote ela sto www.noobwars.gr.

posted 20 November 2003 06:38 AM EDT (US)     19 / 69  
It doesn't work

[This message has been edited by Eye of Iperion (edited 03-15-2004 @ 03:58 PM).]

posted 20 November 2003 12:28 PM EDT (US)     20 / 69  
How i can post an image here? It doesn't work!
posted 20 November 2003 06:12 PM EDT (US)     21 / 69  
Listen Imperior: if you are lazy to think and act you wont succeed. Once more:
1) I did not say if you have an overclocked machine. All I was saying to reduce the clock and memory speed from the DEFAULT value and see if it will change anything. If it does then you have a CARD problem.
2) Never ever use other drivers than Ati Catalyst. You have PRIMARLY a card with Radeon 9800 Pro (like you have Pentium 4/AMD K7, etc). It is a SECONDARY issue if it is a Hercules/Ati/Spahire etc card. Go and download the original driver and see what happens! Do not say: "it must work like this or that!" Just go and check. Did you do it?
3) My questions were:
a) What about other games? Same problems?
b) Make a clean install with AoM only (no TT!) and put DX7 not DX9. Do you have the same problems?
c) Do you a have an AGP 8x motherboard?
d) Are you aware your card has NO deffect? (check point two)

My computer beats me in chess. But I am much better in kick-box...
GREEN CERTIFICATE: this message contains recycling electrons
posted 20 November 2003 06:33 PM EDT (US)     22 / 69  

Quote:

Never ever use other drivers than Ati Catalyst.

Omegas are supported by ATI Catalyst team.

I have same fog problems in AOM (just started scenario for the first time, and the very first scenario fog in the lead in scene is all funky looking). Probably a driver problem, and being that AOM/AOM:TT is not a hugely demanding 3-d game, I doubt that ATI Catalyst team will give it much priority (if any). Don't know if you're aware, but in AOM (vanilla), with AA enabled, letters are all fugged up. Here again, it's been a problem since day 1 and I highly doubt that ATI is too worried about it. It's not like AA is really necessary...or even makes a difference...in a game like AOM.

For the coast, you can turn AF up to x16 without any problems or slowdown whatsoever (again AOM is not very demanding, 3D-wise), and it smooths everything out nicely.

posted 21 November 2003 07:13 AM EDT (US)     23 / 69  
My card is fine. It isn't brought.

[This message has been edited by Eye of Iperion (edited 03-15-2004 @ 03:55 PM).]

posted 21 November 2003 10:00 AM EDT (US)     24 / 69  
Sorry, EOI, but you are not understanding what people are telling you. I have a 9600 Pro. I get the same problem with fog. Is it really that big of a deal? It's frickin' fog! It's not like the whole game is corrupted. It is most likely a driver problem, but more likely, a conflict between the coding and the driver.

ATI's drivers are ATI's drivers are ATI's drivers. 3rd party manufacturers may use different components on their boards (memory, capacitors, resistors), but the VC itself is still the same, and ANY approved Catalyst driver will work with it. I (as well as most enthusiasts) personally prefer Omega's drivers. ATI openly endorses the Omega teams efforts, and admits that they will provide better picture quality while maintaining performance.

The real question is: are you having any problems in 3D-intensive games. I'm sure with AA and AF cranked up, all settings on and 1280x1024 (if your monitor supports it), your card still kicks ass, so what's the big deal about some cheesy little cut scenes (not bashing ES by any means...this is prob my fav game right now...but they ARE NOT all that graphically intense). I would be more worried about picture quality and FPS in games like Halo UT3, or whatever else you may be playing currently that IS graphically intense.

posted 21 November 2003 10:27 AM EDT (US)     25 / 69  
Uhhh doesn't work

[This message has been edited by Eye of Iperion (edited 03-15-2004 @ 03:57 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Technical Help » Issue with the ATI 9800 Pro
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames