You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Technical Help
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Invalid CD-Key? Look Here!
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 11  Next Page »
posted 27 October 2007 11:21 PM EDT (US)   

Invalid CD-Key

There are solutions for some copies of the game. This problem is caused by new copies of Age of Mythology - Gold Edition being shipped with the same CD-Key. This is a very common problem that many new users have been facing ever since Microsoft gave the distribution rights for Age of Mythology to other publishers. If you have one of these newer copies of the game and are experiencing this problem, your CD-Key will be as follows: BDKRJ-HFRHW-8W3YV-*****-*****

Luckily, our users have found that these sellers are able to give out new, unique, CD-Keys. Firstly you'll need to check the box of your recently purchased game to find the vendor. The following vendors are known to sell Age of Mythology - Gold Edition: Valusoft, Ubisoft, That's Hot and Xplosiv. Once you find your vendor, follow the directions under the corresponding header below:

Valusoft

You will need to email their support department using the form on this page asking for new CD-Keys for online play. You will probably have to provide certain information from your CD or box. For more information, see this thread.

Ubisoft

You will need to email their support department using the form on this page, asking for new CD-Keys for online play. You will probably have to provide certain information from your CD or box. For more information, see this thread.

Recently people have reported that Ubisoft were only given a certain amount of new CD-Keys from Microsoft and have now run out. At this point, there is nothing you can do except try to get a refund and find another copy of the game from a different distributer.

Xplosiv

You will need to email their support department (support@empire.co.uk) asking for a new CD-Key for online play. Including the following information in your email:

1) An image of the rear of the box showing the barcode.
2) An image of the receipt for the game. If no receipt is available you will need to send an image of the header from a Gas or Electricity bill showing your name and address.

That's Hot

There is no known solution for copies of the game sold by That's Hot. Try to get a refund and find another copy of the game from a different distributer.

If you cannot find Ubisoft, Valusoft, Xplosiv or That's Hot anywhere on the package, look harder! It has been reported that at times it is very well disguised and hard to find. If your copy of the game is published by someone not on the list above, please post a reply to this thread.

oh you can wait for what I can give
you know what I am so you know how I live
try to look proud but you’re not in the slightest
its happening now and it’s always been like this.

[This message has been edited by TAG (edited 03-14-2020 @ 07:29 AM).]

Replies:
posted 27 October 2007 11:23 PM EDT (US)     1 / 260  
Nice thread, few spelling mistakes but It'll do the job
Hope it helps people..

A green great dragon.
posted 28 October 2007 08:58 PM EDT (US)     2 / 260  
Spelling mistakes where?

posted 29 October 2007 04:39 AM EDT (US)     3 / 260  
If you have the Ubisoft version: There is not 'real' solution yet.
Only one mistake actually.

Off-Topic; Do you think a merge in GoS and Zen's Stickies Possible? They both portray ways how to post within this forum

A green great dragon.
posted 29 October 2007 08:11 AM EDT (US)     4 / 260  
Rrrrrright, thanks.

posted 04 November 2007 01:49 PM EDT (US)     5 / 260  
Mine says microsoft not ubisoft or valusoft. I looked everywhere on the case even inside of it. Please help me.
posted 07 November 2007 02:22 AM EDT (US)     6 / 260  
Microsoft and Ensemble Studios is printed on all versions, because these released the original game. If you have a shared CD key, then "Ubisoft" or "Valusoft" can definitely be found on your cover or manual somewhere. Someone who owns such a version posting a detailed description or even picture of where it can be found would be helpful.

The only other alternative is that you still have an "original" game from Microsoft. This can only be the case if your copy is old, or you bought one that has been rotting on the shelf for over a year. In that case, your CD-key is unique and should work. Unless you bought it second hand, and the original owner is still using it, that is.

Darkness is a state of mind
Valor is the contempt of Death and Pain. (Tacitus)
Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by hitting back. (Piet Hein)
posted 22 November 2007 10:57 PM EDT (US)     7 / 260  
I can't log onto online gaems at all, and I don't HAVE AOM gold. I log in with my user, click on a running server and it says I haev the wrong patch or need to update. I HAVE THE CURRENT VERSION! (And yes, this is an ancient copy from 4 years ago or something.)

P.S: It is TT's.

P.S.S: Check my actual thread for more info.

(Feel free to check out one of my games; Fort Azgul, "http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=6984".

Proud member of PURPLE DESIGN STUDIOS!
posted 24 November 2007 06:18 PM EDT (US)     8 / 260  
I have a similar version of this problem.
I recentlt bought AoM gold and accidently threw away the box. I still have the CD key. I was able to connect to ESO for a few days but i no longer can. What should I do?
posted 25 November 2007 07:20 PM EDT (US)     9 / 260  
jackos (and anyone else who needs help)- Check the back cover of your booklet, under technical support, it says contact valusoft. It took me a long time to find it also.

I FINALLY GOT MY NEW CODES!!!

I had to send the original codes (keep a scan or photo copy for yourself) to this 'snail mail' address:

ValuSoft Customer Service (PID)
3650 Chestnut Street North, Ste. 101A
Chaska, MN 55318-3011

I sent mine registered/return receipt. Cost about 5 bucks.

email them first and establish a case number.

Here is what I sent them via emailMAKE SURE YOUR GAME INFORMATION IS SPECIFIC TO THE GAME YOU PURCHASED) I have blanked all the numbers I used. Feel free to copy and paste the text.

Greetings,

I am one of the lucky purchasers of the "everybody has the same CD Key as me"
release.
I consistently get the error message: "YOUR CD KEY CANNOT BE VALIDATED. PLEASE WAIT A FEW MINUTES AND TRY AGAIN"
I would greatly appreciate CD Keys that I can call my very own.
The numbers on my disks are as follows:

[AOM disc 1
(P/N:*****/*)
(Part # - ***-*****)
(Product.ID-*****-***-*****-*****)].....

[AOM disc 2
(Part # - ***-*****).....

[Titans Expansion Disc
(Part # - ***-*****)
(Product.ID-*****-***-*****-*****)].....

**Please note - this was not labeled as the gold edition.....
The top of the slip cover say:
BONUS! INCLUDES TITANS EXPANSION.
Lower center says:
AGE OF MYTHOLOGY
FROM THE CREATORS OF
AGE OF EMPIRES I & II
Thank you very much for your help with this. I look forward to being able to
play online.
posted 01 December 2007 08:52 PM EDT (US)     10 / 260  
i use to play AOM then i quit for a while now im trying to start playing it again but i lost my key is there some way to recover it online or am i just outta luck
posted 05 December 2007 08:43 PM EDT (US)     11 / 260  
I bought my game some time ago, but I'm experiencing a similar problem. Could this be related?
posted 15 December 2007 09:54 PM EDT (US)     12 / 260  
According to Microsoft all of the mailing in that people are doing is uneccessary.

They say with the duplicate codes there just has to be some time between log-in tries. They tell you to wait about five minutes between log-in tries.

See here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/812510
posted 16 December 2007 00:46 AM EDT (US)     13 / 260  
The problem is, no two people can log in with the same CDkey at one time. Therefore, your solution will not work.

posted 31 December 2007 11:02 PM EDT (US)     14 / 260  
Thank god I have the Valusoft version...

How long does it take to get the new CD-Key?
posted 01 January 2008 09:25 AM EDT (US)     15 / 260  
The problem is, no two people can log in with the same CDkey at one time. Therefore, your solution will not work.
Maybe their intention was to let the new CD Keys be allowed to be used on ESO by lots of people at the same time? Perhaps they realised this equals insta-piracy so decided against it? Or maybe their plans just didn't work or ES said it wasn't possible or something?

EDIT: Now that I've actually gone to the link TheLogicalOne provided I can see he just provided a link that is not actually to do with this problem (although it produces the same error message). As PaPaya said, that is for when a CD-Key is used on two PCs at the same time to try to login to ESO - which is not allowed as it says in the article. Obviously this means the Ubisoft and Valuesoft uber CD-Keys are useless.

The five-minute thing is for when you log out of ESO and then log back in with a different user name - it can take up to five minutes for ESO to "free" that CD-Key that you were previously using for use by a different user name again.

Take my love, take my land, take me where I cannot stand.
I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back.
Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.
There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity.
But you can't take the sky from me...

[This message has been edited by DragonQ (edited 01-01-2008 @ 09:30 AM).]

posted 01 January 2008 07:41 PM EDT (US)     16 / 260  
I still didn't get a return E-Mail.

How long is it supposed to take to get that?
posted 07 January 2008 05:52 PM EDT (US)     17 / 260  
I sent my email to ValuSoft on the 1/7 and I got a reply in 5 hours. I am about to walk to my mail box and mail them my proof of purchase.
posted 08 January 2008 09:55 PM EDT (US)     18 / 260  
Hi...

I had no idea that I could not play online when I bought the game, and I threw my box out...

Is there anyway I can still find out about which distributor made my CD?
posted 09 January 2008 01:49 AM EDT (US)     19 / 260  
Do you still have your booklet with your CD key? If you do look under Support, or customer support I forgot what its called. Mine metioned that its Valusoft there. Also if you had Gold Edition its Ubisoft. And if you had bonus titan expansion inside its Valusoft.
posted 09 January 2008 04:34 PM EDT (US)     20 / 260  
Yeah, I guess I have valusoft...Jeez...I don't have proof of purchase anymore...I still have the receipt that I got from gamestop...lol
posted 12 January 2008 01:35 PM EDT (US)     21 / 260  
I finally got my new cd-keys.

Expect me to be online sometimes.
posted 14 January 2008 00:38 AM EDT (US)     22 / 260  
dark how long did it take them to get them to you, and did they mail them or email?
posted 20 January 2008 02:33 AM EDT (US)     23 / 260  
Actually there are loop holes to logging onto a account using the same CD key as someone else.

you can log onto an account with the same cd key if the other person whos using the cd key is ingame. it's best to wait 10-20seconds before logging in after a person is "playing" the game not joined one.

i've also knowen [only done once] if you log in simultaneously with another person using the same cd key you can actually both can get online without being kicked off. this has only happened once for me so don't get your hopes up.

these solutions will only work for ppl e.g brother and brother who use a the same cd that not another 5000 ppl own.

[This message has been edited by Mr quickie (edited 01-20-2008 @ 02:34 AM).]

posted 21 January 2008 02:35 PM EDT (US)     24 / 260  
it is Xplosiv no "e" on first post, also title of the email you send initially MUST be "Further Support" without speech marks or they send automated emails back.
posted 23 February 2008 07:47 PM EDT (US)     25 / 260  
Sheesh... What if I don't have the box anymore? I recently purchased Gold online and I threw away the box after installing the game! I suck... lol I hate this, because I have essentially purchased the game twice (my first Titans disk stopped working).

My AOM:Vanilla disk has a part number on it though...

P/N: 10687/1

[This message has been edited by Mythos_Ruler (edited 02-23-2008 @ 07:52 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 11  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Technical Help » Invalid CD-Key? Look Here!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames