You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Technical Help
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Ubisoft Gold Edition CD key problem has been fixed!
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 02 January 2008 08:05 PM EDT (US)   
That's right. Both the Valusoft and Ubisoft CD key errors have been solved.

The email I sent on Monday, December 31st, to http://ubisoft-en.custhelp.com:

Hi,
I own a copy of Ubisoft Exclusive: Age of Mythology Gold Edition, but I have a problem. The problem with both games is that the CD key cannot be properly validated when I attempt to play a multiplayer game online. I know that many copies of this game have been distributed, all with the same exact CD key. As you already know, the same CD key may not be used by two players at once. Therefore, this problem renders me unable to play a game online, because I have the same CD key as everybody else.

I would like to request new, unique CD keys, both for Age of Mythology and Age of Mythology: The Titans. If you require any additional information for validation purposes, such as pictures or serial numbers, I will gladly send them to you.

Thank you. I look forward to playing these games online soon.

The email I received from the Customer Support employee on Wednesday, January 2nd:

*name*,
Here are your new Age of Mythology: Gold Edition keys:

AoM: *key*

Titans: *key*

Keep these keys safe and do not share them with anyone. Enjoy the game!

I reinstalled the games with the new CD keys, and they worked just fine. There were no errors, no validation problems, just the ESO main lobby looking me right in the face. The only thing that struck me as weird was that they didn't request any proof of purchase or anything like that. No pics, no serials, nothing.

Anyway, the Ubisoft CD key errors have been fixed, and now we can all play online. It took a while, but our patience paid off. I would like to request that this topic be turned into a sticky, so that all the Ubisoft Gold Edition owners can see it.
Replies:
posted 02 January 2008 09:04 PM EDT (US)     1 / 39  
Excellent news .

||||||||||||||||My Videos||||||||||||||||
Roxas, his heart was human, yet because of his status as a being his fate was sealed since he was born. How many times must humanity judge others like that as well without giving them a fair chance?

"It would be very irresponsible of me to give you my thoughts as you are clearly incapable of handling the ones you already have" ~some guy in OD
posted 03 January 2008 00:59 AM EDT (US)     2 / 39  
Very cool. I'm glad Ubisoft is the kind of game company that actually listens to the costumers complaints and problems and helps with great support. Unlike most companies that don't even bother replying back to your e-mail!

Thanks Ubisoft.
posted 03 January 2008 02:07 AM EDT (US)     3 / 39  
I'm glad Ubisoft is the kind of game company that actually listens to the costumers complaints and problems and helps with great support.
ROFL. How long has the Ubisoft version been on he market? How long has it taken them to react? How long did it last after their greatest competitor, Valusoft, did something about the problem and provided new keys?

Ubisoft was probably swamped with complaints on this, so they eventually reacted after a very long time. I suppose that AoM CD keys are considered low value by today, because the game is so old that piracy will hardly cause any more damage anymore (the game would not be sold anyway, at least not for a considerable price).

But this is not what I call customer dedication. They ought to have reacted far earlier. In fact, they ought not to have spread the shared CD key at all.

And now they are spreading the keys without any verification whatsoever, minimizing cost for them (I take it they get the keys for free) but allowing the few cheaters that even ES considered worthy of banning to return. Great work.

Darkness is a state of mind
Valor is the contempt of Death and Pain. (Tacitus)
Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by hitting back. (Piet Hein)
posted 21 January 2008 04:01 PM EDT (US)     4 / 39  
In case anyone still needs to see this
posted 22 January 2008 01:33 PM EDT (US)     5 / 39  
Nice, Now i'll finally be able to play Titans and AOM, I've sent them a support question now, 1 day sounds pretty good compared to other support
posted 22 January 2008 06:06 PM EDT (US)     6 / 39  
Thanks for posting this! Can you please tell me the exact email address you sent the information to, so it can be included in the sticky?

oh you can wait for what I can give
you know what I am so you know how I live
try to look proud but you’re not in the slightest
its happening now and it’s always been like this.
posted 22 January 2008 07:33 PM EDT (US)     7 / 39  
Thanks for posting this! Can you please tell me the exact email address you sent the information to, so it can be included in the sticky?

Actually, I'm not sure if you can just email them directly. You'll have to send a message to their online support center, but you can't do that without creating an account here first: http://ubisoft-en.custhelp.com

Once they answer your question, you'll get an email through your actual email account (Yahoo!, MSN, etc) that tells you that they have answered your support question, so you'll have to go back to the support center.

I don't know why they have to make it so difficult, but I got my CD keys through it, so I'm happy.
posted 24 January 2008 08:02 AM EDT (US)     8 / 39  
I don't know why they have to make it so difficult, but I got my CD keys through it, so I'm happy.
They want only messages from people who mean to get help, not ones that quickly send a message because they are bored. Or even spam.

If you really desire help with your product, then you will be prepared to go through the hassle of this system. That is the concept, and it does make sense, as they have only so many staff members for the online support.

posted 24 January 2008 08:40 PM EDT (US)     9 / 39  
I've been waiting five days to get my new keys from ubisoft. First they wanted my keys, then 'proof of purchase' - I've sent them some pics of my game cds and whatnot and I'm just waiting to see how they respond. The person I'm dealing with has less than a competent grasp of English as well.
posted 31 January 2008 04:55 PM EDT (US)     10 / 39  
hi when u sent of the leter did they ask you to send something called dxdiag file or something?

why do they ask me for this please help?

thanks Paul

Cant wait to start playing this game online agian :P
posted 01 February 2008 03:03 AM EDT (US)     11 / 39  
Dxdiag verifies your installed DirectX version. Does not really make sense, as XP comes with the version that you need for AoM. I fthey ask for that, they have misunderstood your email as a technical problem rather than a request for a valid CD key.

posted 01 February 2008 10:38 AM EDT (US)     12 / 39  
ok thanks, they sent back in under 8 hours :P, they asked for proof of purchased so i sent it and hopfully i can play soon after i find out what is the most resent version i need to update on because when i try to join online it says i need a updated version.

[This message has been edited by paulmichaelh (edited 02-01-2008 @ 10:54 AM).]

posted 07 February 2008 12:25 PM EDT (US)     13 / 39  
I was asking them to get me a new CD key for my Ubisoft version aswell, on this very site.
It didn't go as smooth as it did for you, I guess you got lucky. After I asked for new keys, some Jason guy replied with this:
We can issue you a cd key if you'll mail us a copy of your receipt and the UPC code from the box. Or, if you have access to a digital camera, a picture of the UPC code and receipt attached to this incident is acceptable as well.
Sadly I don't have the receipt still, but I hope it will be enough with the pictures I took of my CD.

Who saves months old receipts anyway? I'll keep you posted.

Edit:
Here are your new Age of Mythology: Gold Edition keys:

AoM: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

Titans: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

Keep these keys safe and do not share them with anyone. Enjoy the game!
Yay! Finally a stable ESO

And to the original poster, thanks alot for the hint.
Good luck y'all.

[This message has been edited by Nirwanda (edited 02-07-2008 @ 01:35 PM).]

posted 08 February 2008 09:38 PM EDT (US)     14 / 39  
I have just sent them a request and im going to see how they respond, i also still have the reciept
posted 11 February 2008 02:07 AM EDT (US)     15 / 39  
they said the would respond within 24 hours but its been 2 days
posted 11 February 2008 04:21 AM EDT (US)     16 / 39  
Remember, that's 24 hours with working days, and it's been weekend now.

Hold your breath.
posted 11 February 2008 04:31 AM EDT (US)     17 / 39  
sorry im really exited about getin a new cd key besides i want them to take ages cuz i can only install it on the weekend
posted 11 February 2008 05:56 AM EDT (US)     18 / 39  
1. Its been an hour since i copy pasted your letter to them. And still no reply.

2. The CDKeys you provided XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX don't work incase anyone else wanted to try.

"To love Christ -means not to be a hireling, not to look upon a noble life as an enterprise or trade, but to be a true benefactor and to do everything only for the sake of love for God." —St John Chrysostom
"When one returns to the Greek; it is like going into a garden of lilies out of some, narrow and dark house." -Oscar Wilde.
posted 11 February 2008 09:56 AM EDT (US)     19 / 39  
2. The CDKeys you provided XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX don't work incase anyone else wanted to try.
Well, I used those to cover up the actual CD key I got, since I don't want to spread my own key on the inte...

Hah... wait, you can't be serious, no way!
posted 11 February 2008 10:12 PM EDT (US)     20 / 39  
ok now they want proof of purchase

[This message has been edited by Dudis (edited 02-11-2008 @ 10:14 PM).]

posted 11 February 2008 10:14 PM EDT (US)     21 / 39  
Did you ever receieve anything back from them?

IF not fire off another email, but this time word it slightly stronger and more accusatory and act as an injured (but civil) customer.

||||||||||||||||My Videos||||||||||||||||
Roxas, his heart was human, yet because of his status as a being his fate was sealed since he was born. How many times must humanity judge others like that as well without giving them a fair chance?

"It would be very irresponsible of me to give you my thoughts as you are clearly incapable of handling the ones you already have" ~some guy in OD
posted 12 February 2008 03:55 AM EDT (US)     22 / 39  
If you bought the game with a credit card it's possible to track down the purchase via internet and take a photo of it, that works as a receipt I was told.

But I didn't even need one, they just wanted a real photo of my copy and the unique UPC code on it, or whatever it was called.

Reply, be strong.
posted 13 February 2008 11:21 PM EDT (US)     23 / 39  
i sent them pics of the case and the reciept, they wanted a more detailed pic of the reciept so i sent it and guess what!

Hello

Here are two new cd keys for the game.

AoM: *key*
Titans: *key*

We hope you enjoy the game.

Kind regards,
Ubisoft Technical Support

WOOT!

it was hard work and 10 pictures but i finally got it!

Ubisoft are now back to being my fav game company!

[This message has been edited by Dudis (edited 02-13-2008 @ 11:23 PM).]

posted 15 February 2008 04:22 AM EDT (US)     24 / 39  
They asked me for everything down to the colour of my underpants and proof of it.

"To love Christ -means not to be a hireling, not to look upon a noble life as an enterprise or trade, but to be a true benefactor and to do everything only for the sake of love for God." —St John Chrysostom
"When one returns to the Greek; it is like going into a garden of lilies out of some, narrow and dark house." -Oscar Wilde.
posted 15 February 2008 05:51 AM EDT (US)     25 / 39  
lol same

and i tested it out it works
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Technical Help » The Ubisoft Gold Edition CD key problem has been fixed!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames