You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Technical Help
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Internet Explorer Language error ESO
posted 06 December 2008 08:18 AM EDT (US)   
Hello; I have some problems at connecting to Eso. I am italian and i've already created an account, but when i try to log it says me something like that (i'm translating from italian) "To connect to ESO, the language of internet explorer has to be set correctly. For more information please visit our web site at the adress" (It doesn't show me the rest of the error...)
What should i do?
Replies:
posted 06 December 2008 09:51 AM EDT (US)     1 / 7  
Try changing your regional or keyboard settings to US English and try again? There are some comments in this thread that may be useful but to be honest I don't think I've seen a sure-fire solution to this problem. Having everything set to US English clearly isn't a requirement since nothing of mine is but there's obviously some weird language bugs/restrictions on ESO for some reason.

Take my love, take my land, take me where I cannot stand.
I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back.
Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.
There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity.
But you can't take the sky from me...
posted 06 December 2008 11:38 AM EDT (US)     2 / 7  
Yeah, i read that tread too, and i tryed to change the keyboard language but it didn't work...

What can I do? Is there a mail i can write to that may help me with thi issue?

EDIT
It works with the normal AoM....

[This message has been edited by Oran (edited 12-06-2008 @ 01:17 PM).]

posted 08 December 2008 02:30 AM EDT (US)     3 / 7  
The message is not about keyboard language. It is about the "preferred" language in Internet Explorer. In the internet options, you can set a language in which you would like to have pages displayed if there are multiple language-versions of these pages available.

Provided the error message is actually describing the real cause of the problem, that is.

Darkness is a state of mind
Valor is the contempt of Death and Pain. (Tacitus)
Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by hitting back. (Piet Hein)
posted 08 December 2008 08:22 AM EDT (US)     4 / 7  
And what language is the "correct" one? I've tried changing both italian and english, and still doesn't work.
posted 08 December 2008 09:46 AM EDT (US)     5 / 7  
As far as ES states, any language is fine. The only prerequisite is that there is one set. However, as DragonQ mentioned, this sometimes does not work the way it should, with no reason that would be apparent enough to describe a system when such an error happens.

Personally, I have experienced the weirdest things. I normally set the regional settings of my Windows (not IE in this case) to English, but then partially modify them (such as setting the decimal period sign and stuff). Most of the time this works nicely, but I had cases when I could log in to ESO and start Quick Setup game search, but as soon as it found an opponent for me I got the message "Matchmaking failed - please try again". After making sure that others had no problem so ESO was working fine, I sought for a cause on my PC and found that the matchmaking process worked again once I set the regional settings back to German. But again, it had worked before with these set to English (and in fact, it still does).

And I am not talking about logging in to ESO here. I am talking about the matchmaking process when you are already successfully logged in. But similar effects exist when logging in to ESO. What I am trying to say is that on ESO you can experience the weirdest effects when it comes to the influence of regional and Internet Explorer language settings. In all those years nobody that I knew of ever managed to describe a system behind this, to describe the exact trouble-causes and prerequisites for properly using ESO. Fact is that it usually works for most players, but if you are having trouble, I suggest fooling around with these settings in hopes of hitting one that works.

DragonQ, may I suggest integrating the above information into the FAQ.

posted 08 December 2008 12:05 PM EDT (US)     6 / 7  
Well I've wanted to add this to the FAQ for a while but there aren't really any specific suggestions let alone a specific solution. :/

Take my love, take my land, take me where I cannot stand.
I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back.
Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.
There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity.
But you can't take the sky from me...
posted 09 December 2008 03:33 AM EDT (US)     7 / 7  
But the information that this problem is known, complex, and has no surefire solution is already a whole lot better than no info at all, because the latter means that people will keep creating new threads asking for it. I see no problem in your FAQ being honest enough to state that it cannot help in a certain respect. Knowing that this is a known problem with no known solution is still more satisfying than not knowing anything.

And what I wrote above is already a hint towards what people can try, even though there is no guarantee for success.

Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Technical Help » Internet Explorer Language error ESO
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames